IGNORED

NBC Fires Matt Lauer

OtterRuletheWorld

18 hours ago, Cleopatra7 said:

Given the toxic ways in which boys are socialized by other males, including their fathers and brothers, it seems like any attempts to nip rape culture in the bud through enlightened parenting is a losing proposition. Intellectually, I know parents should try, but I’m just not feeling very optimistic at the moment. 

You raise a good point.  But it has to start somewhere.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very first episode of Unbreakable kimmy Schmidt Matt Lauer plays himself and interviews the Indiana mole women and says, I paraphrase, " it's interesting what women are willing to do not to be rude!!! " wow!!

I'm in Australia and only really know of Matt Lauer because in the 90s Australian TV used to show the Today Show at about 1am - it was the era when Bryant Gumbel was the main host and Lauer was the newsreader - Lauer would stand in for Gumbel when he was away, and then Ann Curry would stand in for him reading the news.

Anyway I'm asking if people remember that era, because one of the things I remember from watching when both of them on was that there seemed to be something going on between them even then. I didn't necessarily think it was flirting, more like friction that could have been interpreted either way.

Was I totally imagining it or did their "thing" go back even that far? 

Archived