IGNORED

Trump 27: Happy Holidays Orange Menace

Destiny

Hmmm: "When Trump forbade a Christmas tree — and other forgotten stories from the ‘war on Christmas’"

Spoiler

It's Christmas, and President Trump is celebrating by repeatedly typing “MERRY CHRISTMAS!” — and by taking credit for having “led the charge against the assault of our cherished and beautiful phrase.”

Ah, the proverbial “war on Christmas,” in which the holiday is under attack — with even the “Merry Christmas” greeting frowned upon — and the faithful fight to defend it. And first among them: Trump.

But is Trump really the hero here? Or was he always more of a bystander — or worse?

It depends on how many Christmases we look at.

Christmas 1981: No trees allowed

In the 1980s, his political rise still decades away, Trump bought an old apartment building across the street from Central Park in New York that he hoped to tear down and rebuild as a high-rent tower.

When the longtime residents wouldn't move out voluntarily, the New York Times wrote, Trump hired a management company that essentially ran the building into the ground.

And while Trump threatened to house homeless people in the building, the management company used creative tactics that included covering windows in tin and forbidding Christmas decorations in the lobby.

It was probably the least of residents' concerns, but Trump allowed no Christmas tree in 1981, the Times wrote, nor in the next year.

Christmas 1983: “Nowhere to go for the holidays.”

After two years of what New York Magazine called a “cold war” between Trump's tenants and his managers, the Central Park building was a mess of hostility and broken appliances.

A tenant representative finally wrote to Trump's management company in 1983, asking for permission to at least put up a Christmas tree. Many of the residents “are very old and have nowhere to go,” she wrote, the magazine reported. “This will be their only chance to share in the holiday spirit.”

The company wrote back that in light of the tenants' complaints, it was “quite difficult for Management to feel that a relaxed 'holiday season spirit' relationship exists at the building.”

Moreover, a Christmas tree might raise religious-liberty concerns, it said.

But the company offered to allow the tree with some conditions — the company would be held “blameless in any claims related to the Christmas tree,” and all decorations had to comply with government regulations.

Here the accounts of Christmas 1983 somewhat diverge. New York Magazine wrote that the tenant leader signed the contract and “the Christmas tree went up, [and] the holiday spirit was saved.”

But the Times wrote that maintenance workers misunderstood the Christmas negotiations and put up a contract-less tree without permission and that Trump's manager “fumed but could do nothing.”

Christmas 1999: The Trump Tower Millennium Holiday Tree

“The Trump Tower Millennium Holiday Tree” — as described in the Seattle Post-Intelligencer and news releases — was a 45-foot perforated metal, gold-coated, fiber-optic-lighted treelike structure unveiled at Trump Tower a month before the turn of the century.

No pictures of the Millennium Holiday Tree can be found, and some references describe it as a traditional Christmas tree, which Trump Tower is now known for.

It's important to note that this was several years before the “war on Christmas” joined the cultural lexicon — when Bill O'Reilly aired an exposé in 2004 on how the generic word “holiday” was supplanting traditional “Christmas” language.

It would be even longer before Trump demonstrated any real concern about the distinction.

Christmas 2009 to 2013 (as told by Trump)

20171225_twit1.PNG.36f26095ab575e09799636a1eb5ed339.PNG

20171225_twit2.PNG.22b6cec25b8042059df2e89035d34bc7.PNG

The Obama Christmases

While Trump continued wishing “happy holidays” for years, his first use of the word “Christmas” on Twitter appears to have been in 2011 — shortly after he expressed interest in running for president.

Trump suggested buying his new book as a Christmas present that December, and a few days later he complained that President Barack Obama had “issued a statement for Kwanza [sic] but failed to issue one for Christmas.”

As the Associated Press noted, this was a false assertion. Obama had, like presidents before him, acknowledged the African heritage festival of Kwanzaa. But he had also wished Americans “Merry Christmas” — as he did every year during his presidency.

It is true that Obama changed the annual White House Christmas card to a more generic holiday card. But he publicly celebrated Christmas so frequently that many people have made video montages of him recognizing the holiday.

These would occasionally be shown to Trump in the 2015-2016 election, when he truly became a Christmas warrior.

Christmas present

Shortly after announcing his candidacy for president in 2015, Trump went to the Values Voter Summit, hoisted a Bible and said: “I believe in God. I believe in the Bible. I’m Christian. I love people.”

As The Washington Post wrote at the time, he had had some trouble convincing conservative Christian voters of this. So he elaborated in his speech:

“I love Christmas,” he said. “You go to stores now, and it doesn’t say Christmas. It says 'Happy holidays.' All over! I say, where's Christmas? I tell my wife, 'Don’t go to those stores.' I want to see Christmas! Other people can have their holidays, but Christmas is Christmas. I want to see 'Merry Christmas.' Remember the expression 'Merry Christmas'? You don't see it. You're going to see it if I'm elected.”

And sure enough, as president, Trump turned the holiday card back into a Christmas card. He retold the story of baby Jesus at the National Christmas Tree Lighting this year. His 11-year-old son appears in a red scarf in the White House's official illustrated Christmas tour book, and you can buy an official “Merry Christmas” Trump hat for $45.

Trump says “Christmas” all the time now.

Nothing like a little hypocrisy for the holidays.

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, GrumpyGran said:

All kinds of terrible things could happen. Locusts, flies, lightening. In the church. Or him standing up and talking. It's hard for me to imagine him keeping his mouth shut for an entire service. And I'm going to guess this was a Catholic mass because Melania. Or maybe he won't go with her.

It was an Episcopal church that he and Melania got married in and their kid got baptized in.  I wouldn't go to that church if you paid me. 

39 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Hmmm: "When Trump forbade a Christmas tree — and other forgotten stories from the ‘war on Christmas’"

Reveal hidden contents

It's Christmas, and President Trump is celebrating by repeatedly typing “MERRY CHRISTMAS!” — and by taking credit for having “led the charge against the assault of our cherished and beautiful phrase.”

Ah, the proverbial “war on Christmas,” in which the holiday is under attack — with even the “Merry Christmas” greeting frowned upon — and the faithful fight to defend it. And first among them: Trump.

But is Trump really the hero here? Or was he always more of a bystander — or worse?

It depends on how many Christmases we look at.

Christmas 1981: No trees allowed

In the 1980s, his political rise still decades away, Trump bought an old apartment building across the street from Central Park in New York that he hoped to tear down and rebuild as a high-rent tower.

When the longtime residents wouldn't move out voluntarily, the New York Times wrote, Trump hired a management company that essentially ran the building into the ground.

And while Trump threatened to house homeless people in the building, the management company used creative tactics that included covering windows in tin and forbidding Christmas decorations in the lobby.

It was probably the least of residents' concerns, but Trump allowed no Christmas tree in 1981, the Times wrote, nor in the next year.

Christmas 1983: “Nowhere to go for the holidays.”

After two years of what New York Magazine called a “cold war” between Trump's tenants and his managers, the Central Park building was a mess of hostility and broken appliances.

A tenant representative finally wrote to Trump's management company in 1983, asking for permission to at least put up a Christmas tree. Many of the residents “are very old and have nowhere to go,” she wrote, the magazine reported. “This will be their only chance to share in the holiday spirit.”

The company wrote back that in light of the tenants' complaints, it was “quite difficult for Management to feel that a relaxed 'holiday season spirit' relationship exists at the building.”

Moreover, a Christmas tree might raise religious-liberty concerns, it said.

But the company offered to allow the tree with some conditions — the company would be held “blameless in any claims related to the Christmas tree,” and all decorations had to comply with government regulations.

Here the accounts of Christmas 1983 somewhat diverge. New York Magazine wrote that the tenant leader signed the contract and “the Christmas tree went up, [and] the holiday spirit was saved.”

But the Times wrote that maintenance workers misunderstood the Christmas negotiations and put up a contract-less tree without permission and that Trump's manager “fumed but could do nothing.”

Christmas 1999: The Trump Tower Millennium Holiday Tree

“The Trump Tower Millennium Holiday Tree” — as described in the Seattle Post-Intelligencer and news releases — was a 45-foot perforated metal, gold-coated, fiber-optic-lighted treelike structure unveiled at Trump Tower a month before the turn of the century.

No pictures of the Millennium Holiday Tree can be found, and some references describe it as a traditional Christmas tree, which Trump Tower is now known for.

It's important to note that this was several years before the “war on Christmas” joined the cultural lexicon — when Bill O'Reilly aired an exposé in 2004 on how the generic word “holiday” was supplanting traditional “Christmas” language.

It would be even longer before Trump demonstrated any real concern about the distinction.

Christmas 2009 to 2013 (as told by Trump)

20171225_twit1.PNG.36f26095ab575e09799636a1eb5ed339.PNG

20171225_twit2.PNG.22b6cec25b8042059df2e89035d34bc7.PNG

The Obama Christmases

While Trump continued wishing “happy holidays” for years, his first use of the word “Christmas” on Twitter appears to have been in 2011 — shortly after he expressed interest in running for president.

Trump suggested buying his new book as a Christmas present that December, and a few days later he complained that President Barack Obama had “issued a statement for Kwanza [sic] but failed to issue one for Christmas.”

As the Associated Press noted, this was a false assertion. Obama had, like presidents before him, acknowledged the African heritage festival of Kwanzaa. But he had also wished Americans “Merry Christmas” — as he did every year during his presidency.

It is true that Obama changed the annual White House Christmas card to a more generic holiday card. But he publicly celebrated Christmas so frequently that many people have made video montages of him recognizing the holiday.

These would occasionally be shown to Trump in the 2015-2016 election, when he truly became a Christmas warrior.

Christmas present

Shortly after announcing his candidacy for president in 2015, Trump went to the Values Voter Summit, hoisted a Bible and said: “I believe in God. I believe in the Bible. I’m Christian. I love people.”

As The Washington Post wrote at the time, he had had some trouble convincing conservative Christian voters of this. So he elaborated in his speech:

“I love Christmas,” he said. “You go to stores now, and it doesn’t say Christmas. It says 'Happy holidays.' All over! I say, where's Christmas? I tell my wife, 'Don’t go to those stores.' I want to see Christmas! Other people can have their holidays, but Christmas is Christmas. I want to see 'Merry Christmas.' Remember the expression 'Merry Christmas'? You don't see it. You're going to see it if I'm elected.”

And sure enough, as president, Trump turned the holiday card back into a Christmas card. He retold the story of baby Jesus at the National Christmas Tree Lighting this year. His 11-year-old son appears in a red scarf in the White House's official illustrated Christmas tour book, and you can buy an official “Merry Christmas” Trump hat for $45.

Trump says “Christmas” all the time now.

Nothing like a little hypocrisy for the holidays.

Yeah, reich wingers are the living and fornicating embodiment of Matthew 25.  Especially the orange fart cloud.

Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples:  “The teachers of the law and the Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat.  So you must be careful to do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach.  They tie up heavy, cumbersome loads and put them on other people’s shoulders, but they themselves are not willing to lift a finger to move them.

“Everything they do is done for people to see: They make their phylacteries[a] wide and the tassels on their garments long; they love the place of honor at banquets and the most important seats in the synagogues; they love to be greeted with respect in the marketplaces and to be called ‘Rabbi’ by others. (Matthew 25:1-7)

3 hours ago, GrumpyGran said:

He went to church? Holy shit, that's dangerous! If he ever came into a church I was in, I'd get the hell out of there ASAP.

I'm surprised the church didn't spontaneously combust(after the decent people escape safely,  of course).

I so agree with Eugene Robinson: "Trump’s first year was even worse than feared"

Spoiler

Grit your teeth. Persevere. Just a few more days and this awful, rotten, no-good, ridiculous, rancorous, sordid, disgraceful year in the civic life of our nation will be over. Here’s hoping that we all — particularly special counsel Robert S. Mueller III — have a better 2018.

Many of us began 2017 with the consoling thought that the Donald Trump presidency couldn’t possibly be as bad as we feared. It turned out to be worse.

Did you ever think you would hear a president use the words “very fine people” to describe participants in a torch-lit rally organized by white supremacists, neo-Nazis and the Ku Klux Klan? Did you ever think you would hear a U.S. ambassador to the United Nations thuggishly threaten that she would be “taking names” of countries that did not vote on a General Assembly resolution the way she wanted? Did you ever think the government of the world’s biggest military and economic power would reject not just science but also empiricism itself, preferring to use made-up “alternative facts” as the basis for major decisions?

We knew that Trump was narcissistic and shallow, but on Inauguration Day it was possible to at least hope he was self-aware enough to understand the weight that now rested on his shoulders, and perhaps grow into the job. He did not. If anything, he has gotten worse.

By all accounts, the president spends hours each day watching cable news, buoyed by the shows that blindly support him — “Fox & Friends,” “Hannity,” a few others on Fox News — and enraged by those that seek to hold him accountable. His aides have had to shorten and dumb down his daily briefings on national security in an attempt to get him to pay attention. Members of his Cabinet try to outdo one another in lavishing him with flowery, obsequious praise that would embarrass the Sun King.

Trump and his enablers have waged a relentless war against truth in an attempt to delegitimize any and all critical voices. He wields the epithet “fake news” as a cudgel against inconvenient facts and those who report them. Can a democracy function without a commonly accepted chronicle of events and encyclopedia of knowledge? We are conducting a dangerous experiment to find out.

To understand how deviant the Trump administration is, consider this: Since its founding, the nation has treasured civilian control of the military as a restraint on adventurism. Now we must rely on three generals — Trump’s chief of staff, his national security adviser and his secretary of defense — to keep this rash and erratic president from careering off the rails.

The president’s Republican allies in Congress, who have the power to restrain an out-of-control executive, have rolled over in passive submission. Many see clearly Trump’s unfitness but continue to support him because they fear the wrath of his hardcore base and see the chance to enact a conservative agenda. History will remember this craven opportunism and judge it harshly.

I haven’t even mentioned Trump’s nepotism — installing his daughter and son-in-law as high-ranking advisers, with portfolios they are in no way qualified to handle — or his inability to staff the executive branch with the best-and-brightest types who customarily serve. The Trump administration is not only transgressive, it is also mediocre.

The year has been terribly depressing — but not paralyzing. Let’s end on a more positive note.

The day after Trump’s inauguration, a much larger crowd descended on Washington for the Women’s March, an immense show of resistance. That passion might eventually have faded away, but all evidence suggests it has not. If anything, it seems to have intensified.

In November, Democrat Ralph Northam won the governor’s race in Virginia, a purple state, by a surprisingly big nine-point margin. His coattails were long enough to elect so many Democrats to the state House of Delegates that control of the chamber is still undecided pending recounts. And then on Dec. 12, Democrat Doug Jones defeated Republican Roy Moore in a special election for a U.S. Senate seat — in Alabama, of all places, one of the most Republican states in the nation.

These races were not about D’s vs. R’s. They were about sanity vs. insanity, reason vs. chaos. They were about Trump, and he lost.

So Godspeed to the Mueller investigation, but let him worry about that. The rest of us — Democrats, independents, patriotic Republicans — should work toward the November election. Our duty is to elect a Congress that will bring this runaway train under control.

Merry Christmas is back? Huh...

Another authoritarian trick: pretend to give something people already have, and act as if they never had it/ lost it and you, the benevolent leader magnanimously has given it (back) to you. And the foolish followers will believe you and your generosity. Sigh. All the signs are there for everyone to see what this administration is doing. Only the purposely blind don’t want to see.

What an appropriate Christmas present the Scots gave the presidunce! :pb_lol:

What's up with this? I'd have thought that the pomp and circumstance would be right up his alley, make him feel important. Is he too demented to fake it for so many hours or is his buddy Vladimir too busy?

What's up with this? I'd have thought that the pomp and circumstance would be right up his alley, make him feel important. Is he too demented to fake it for so many hours or is his buddy Vladimir too busy?

He was too busy fluffing Vlad and being a Fornicate Face on Twitter to do that.

So here you have it, folks. He's now freely admitting that the tax bill is repealing the ACA. And he's still delusional if he thinks that there will be bipartisanship next year.

Even the trees don't want to hang around anymore with Fuck Face in the White House....

The south facade of the White House will undergo a dramatic change this week: the historic Jackson Magnolia, a tree that has been in place since the 1800s, is scheduled to be cut down and removed.

The enormous magnolia, one of three on the west side of the White House and the oldest on the White House grounds, extends from the ground floor, up past the front of the windows of the State Dining Room on the first floor and beyond the second-level executive residence. The tree has had a long and storied life, yet has now been deemed too damaged and decayed to remain in place.

Specialists at the United States National Arboretum were brought in by the White House to assess the Magnolia grandiflora, as it is specifically termed. According to documents obtained exclusively by CNN, the tree must be removed, and quickly, despite efforts to preserve it over several decades.

Two tweets, literally one after the other on my twitter feed just now. :lol:

First:

and then:

When I read the title of this article, I thought, "oh, so I need to subtract about 50 IQ points": "To beat President Trump, you have to learn to think like his supporters"

Spoiler

Almost a year later, Donald Trump is still president. Powerful men in entertainment, media and even politics have seen their public lives implode under scandal almost instantly for months now, but Trump holds on.

If you’re among the majority of Americans who oppose Trump, you can’t understand why. And it’s making you furious. I saw the same thing happen in my native Venezuela with the late Hugo Chávez, who ruled as precisely the sort of faux-populist strongman that Trump now loves to praise. Chávez’s political career (which only ended with his untimely death) seemed not only immune to scandal, but indeed to profit directly from it. Why? Because scandal is no threat to populism. Scandal sustains populism.

Pundits have been predicting Trump’s fall since before he won office. It should have been October 2016, when the infamous “Access Hollywood” tape was released. Or January, when former director of national intelligence James R. Clapper Jr. testified in a Senate hearing that Russia interfered in the 2016 presidential election in an attempt to get Trump elected. Or in February, when Michael Flynn was forced to resign as national security adviser for his undisclosed communications with Sergey Kislyak, the Russian ambassador. Or in May, when Trump fired FBI director James B. Comey for failing to halt his investigation into the growing Russian scandal. Or in August, when he failed to plainly criticize white supremacists for the Charlottesville protests that led to the death of one counterprotester. Or when we learned early this month that four people with senior roles in the Trump campaign have been indicted in connection with special counsel Robert S. Mueller III’s investigation. Search for “Trump impeach” on Google, and you will find that every month of 2017 brought about new, different predictions of his imminent political death from all sides of the public spectrum.

Sure, his overall approval rating has dwindled to below 40 percent, but his base — the only people Trump appears to think he needs to answer to — still loves him. In one November poll, only 7 percent of his supporters from last year said they’d vote differently if they could. Which is to say, in the face of all this scandal, Trump is not even close to collapse. He and his supporters are simply grinning back at you.

If you want to fight Trump effectively, you have to learn to think like they do and give up altogether the prospect that scandal will one day undo him.

To do that, take a step back and analyze the news cycle from outside the daily ups and downs, the tweets, the Fox News defenses. Once we leave behind the moral outrage, the sense of injury, the distinct cadence of each scandalous speech, it is clear that 2017 Trump is not very different from 2016 Trump on his way to power. Everything he’s done in the White House is more of the same: An enemy (the unpatriotic minorities, the lying liberal media, anyone not part of his Manichaean vision) is being cartooned, blamed for all of society’s evils and offered in sacrifice as a scapegoat to the United States’ problems. The purported solution is still simple: Shame them, silence them, build a wall around them. The basic premise that the restoration of the country lies in the destruction of its enemies remains.

The only difference is that Trump, now in power, paints himself as a fighter under siege — even more so than as last year’s outsider candidate. The Russia scandal, the occasional betrayal by members of his own party, the condemnation of so many of his acts are all attempts to “stop” him. What you call scandal is only a sign that he is fighting back. Indeed: that he is fighting you. To his supporters, this is no scandal at all — he’s doing exactly what he promised he would do.

It does not matter that he is eroding the nation’s democratic institutions. That this combat is dangerous, hypocritical, built on lies. That you, after all, are innocent. His supporters are convinced that you are to blame. Until you can convince them otherwise, they will cheer him on. The name of the game is polarization, and the rookie mistake is to forget you are the enemy.

Normal politicians collapse in the face of scandal because the scandals show them dozing on the job or falling back on their promises. To get elected, they offer a bargain: “Vote for me: I will make you richer/fight for your rights/assure your progress.” Scandals reveal they can’t do that, and thus, they tumble. However, like all populists, Trump offers a much different deal — “Vote for me: I will destroy your enemies. They are the reason you are not rich/have less rights/America is not great anymore.” Scandal is the populist’s natural element for the same reason that demolishing buildings makes more noise than constructing them. His supporters didn’t vote for silence. They voted for a bang.

So where you see Mueller making progress at getting to the truth of Russian interference last year, Trump supporters see an altogether different scandal. When Trump’s aides are indicted, but Hillary Clinton isn’t, the probe serves as proof that the system is corrupt. Or when the Muslim travel ban is not enforced, it means the “Deep State” is plotting some sort of coup.

That’s how populism works. As long as Trump is still swinging back, scandals help him to polarize the country further. The scorn of his adversaries, in the eyes of his supporters, proves that he’s doing exactly what they voted him for to do: dismantling a rigged system that they believe destroyed their hopes.

I know how you feel. You are outraged. What did you ever do to these people to deserve their hate? What can possibly be going on? How can they, for example, make sense of so many former Goldman Sachs men in the Trump Cabinet? Weren’t the bankers supposed to be the enemy? Not to mention Russia? All your senses (and your Facebook friends) tell you that, with all this hypocrisy, justice demands that Trump be impeached, indeed it should have happened long ago. For your sake and for his supporters’ sake, too. Instead, it continues, and each day that goes by, it makes less sense to you. As Venezuelans used to tell one another: Chávez te tiene loco. Trump is making you crazy. Making you scramble for ways to make this end.

Look, I’ve been there. And I still don’t have all the answers; Chávez is dead, but chavismo lives on. But I do know that before trying to convince Trump supporters that he is a hypocrite who must be impeached, that the news is not actually fake, that your statistical charts and the Universal Declaration of Human Rights are in dire need of their attention, before you try to persuade them that they are being racist, or worse, ignorant by believing in Trump, you should ask yourself: Will this help convince them that I am not their enemy? Because what can really win them over is not to prove that you are right. It is to show them you care. Only then will they believe what you say.

Sheer outrage at the president’s scandals is pointless. When directed at Trump, your anger gives him rhetorical ammunition to point toward his besiegers (“We should have a contest as to which of the Networks, plus CNN and not including Fox, is the most dishonest, corrupt and/or distorted in its political coverage of your favorite President (me)”) or to bolster his claims to be fighting for his base (“Drain the Swamp should be changed to Drain the Sewer — it’s actually much worse than anyone ever thought, and it begins with the Fake News!”). But worse still is directing your anger at his supporters. Then you’re doing the same thing Trump is: believing your side is all right and the opposite side is all wrong. Rejecting your common humanity and sense of country, you’re playing into the polarization game instead of defeating it.

This is not a call for appeasement, only for efficiency. If dwelling on scandal too much can be counterproductive, then the focus must be elsewhere. Again, I believe it should rest on understanding and emphasizing with the grievances that brought Trump to power (wage stagnation, cultural isolation, a depleted countryside, the opioid crisis). Trump’s solutions may be imaginary, but the problems are very real indeed. Populism is and has always been the daughter of political despair. Showing concern is the only way to break the rhetorical polarization.

Finally, there is indeed a place for your legitimate moral outrage: not the dining table, but the voting booth. Just ask Alabama Democrats.

So as the second year of Trump’s administration approaches, stop. Take a deep breath. Let all the hatred circle from afar. Don’t let it into your echo chamber. Try to hush it, pause it. Don’t let it close your eyes and tear your own society, your own family, apart. Because remember: There’s more to life than politics. And scandal does not end in conflagration. It ends in silence.

14 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Rejecting your common humanity and sense of country, you’re playing into the polarization game instead of defeating it.

This is the most important sentence from that article. It's possibly the most important sentence of this presiduncy. Hold it close to your heart. Live it. Breathe it. Act accordingly. Be the best person you can be, for the good of your fellow men and your country.

And next year, vote!

4 hours ago, fraurosena said:

So here you have it, folks. He's now freely admitting that the tax bill is repealing the ACA. And he's still delusional if he thinks that there will be bipartisanship next year.

that doesn't even make sense.  Based on the (non-fact) that we repealed the ACA with the tax cut bill, that no democrats voted for, we will have bipartisanship next year.

uhhh...that's not how any of this works!

56 minutes ago, Curious said:

that doesn't even make sense.  Based on the (non-fact) that we repealed the ACA with the tax cut bill, that no democrats voted for, we will have bipartisanship next year.

uhhh...that's not how any of this works!

At this point I don't think he knows how anything works anymore, including his body parts. If he knew how the human heart works, he'd stop funneling sludge into it. Of course he also doesn't have the faintest idea how a car engine works so trying to draw a parallel for him would be a waste of time.

1 hour ago, Cartmann99 said:

Nothing is ever Trump's fault. :pb_rollseyes:

Seeing as Trump picked Jeff (my white hood is at the cleaners) Sessions, than it IS Trumps fault.  He picked a WEAK AG  ....SAD.

3 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

Trump's spiritual advisor has a message for us:

:pb_rollseyes:

Uhhh....Did I miss something? What does he have faith in? I mean besides the almighty dollar?

10 minutes ago, WiseGirl said:

Uhhh....Did I miss something? What does he have faith in? I mean besides the almighty dollar?

You got it. Paula White can only be described as a prosperity preacher. That's her only doctrine.

22 minutes ago, WiseGirl said:

I think he only worships at an altar with a gigantic gilded mirror on it, with his diamond-encrusted name emblazoned above. The marble steps leading up to it are so shiny they offer up his reflection as he kneels in awe of that most wonderful being pouting ecstatically back at him when he stares adoringly up at the altar. A delighted shiver delicately tingles along his skin and he sighs with bliss. His tiny hands reach up and tentatively caress the smooth surface of his simulacrum. He moves his head forward and purses his lips to lightly kiss that pouty mouth.

"I love only me," he whispers. "Believe me."

Fuck Face was so amped up this morning while he spewed diarrhea on twitter that he used the wrong twitter handle for Fox and Friends;

Trump posted this prize winner of a tweet: “WOW, @foxandfrlends ‘Dossier is bogus. Clinton Campaign, DNC funded Dossier. FBI CANNOT (after all of this time) VERIFY CLAIMS IN DOSSIER OF RUSSIA/TRUMP COLLUSION. FBI TAINTED.’ And they used this Crooked Hillary pile of garbage as the basis for going after the Trump Campaign!” So now we can add the phrase “Crooked Hillary pile of garbage” to the lexicon of juvenile and utterly stupid things Trump has said while illegally occupying the office of President of the United States.

Someone should probably also let Donald Trump know that “Fox and Friends” doesn’t have an “L” in it, as he just accidentally sent his supporters to a fake “Fox and Friends” site that has pornographic images on it. Really, Donald? You think it’s spelled “foxandfrlends”? You can’t even spell your friends’ names correctly anymore.

3 hours ago, GrumpyGran said:

At this point I don't think he knows how anything works anymore, including his body parts.

The only body parts he apparently is in command of are his tiny twitter fingers. I'm guessing there is a little blue pill involved the nights Melania hasn't locked him out. And we all know there is nothing functioning in his cranium.

2 hours ago, WiseGirl said:

Himself. And maybe Ivanka, as long as she doesn't mention that time she spoke out against pedo Roy Moore.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived