IGNORED

Teenage girls intentionally expose allergic classmate to pineapple

Shadoewolf

23 hours ago, Jellybean said:

That’s really interesting! I’ve only ever had that feeling in relation to anaphylaxis so I guess that would make it a good indicator. My blood pressure and oxygen levels drop from other causes and I’ve never had the ‘impending doom’ feeling then, so I think the cause might be something different, but still a good marker. I wish you good health and that you never need to use those epi-pens!

When I was having my last c-section I had that “impending doom” feeling and everything went a shimmery gray. I told my husband, “I think I’m dying” or something like that, but I wasn’t scared, just like “Well, it’s not so bad.” Turns out my blood pressure was in the toilet. There was some scrambling and medicine and it went right back up. 

On 2/1/2018 at 11:44 AM, Jellybean said:

That’s really interesting! I’ve only ever had that feeling in relation to anaphylaxis so I guess that would make it a good indicator. My blood pressure and oxygen levels drop from other causes and I’ve never had the ‘impending doom’ feeling then, so I think the cause might be something different, but still a good marker. I wish you good health and that you never need to use those epi-pens!

Thank you! Fortunately I haven't had to, and we're hopeful I can get to the point where it's not a concern.

I know I've had blood pressure drop or gotten shocky and not felt it. @littlemommy, it's interesting that you did for the blood pressure drop.

Thank you for sharing, all of you. It’s so interesting to hear other people’s stories and experiences. @littlemommy Your c-section experience does sound just like my anaphylaxis ‘doom’ feeling. Awful/serious but also kind of peaceful. I don’t want to die just yet, but if dying feels like that, I can live with it. Or not (sorry). 

I was almost wondering if I was imagining the sensation so it was amazing to hear it described just... just like that from someone else. Thank you!

@NotQuiteMotY I’m so happy to hear that you haven’t needed the epi-pens (I hear they’re terrifyingly expensive in the US). I had to get new ones recently because my old ones expired, which was the best feeling ever!

On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 12:52 PM, Jellybean said:

Thank you for sharing, all of you. It’s so interesting to hear other people’s stories and experiences. @littlemommy Your c-section experience does sound just like my anaphylaxis ‘doom’ feeling. Awful/serious but also kind of peaceful. I don’t want to die just yet, but if dying feels like that, I can live with it. Or not (sorry). 

I was almost wondering if I was imagining the sensation so it was amazing to hear it described just... just like that from someone else. Thank you!

@NotQuiteMotY I’m so happy to hear that you haven’t needed the epi-pens (I hear they’re terrifyingly expensive in the US). I had to get new ones recently because my old ones expired, which was the best feeling ever!

I mean, I'm still petrified of dying, but at the time I was kind of a like "Well. Okay." LOL! Then everything was sorted and they plopped a baby against my half-paralyzed body. Talk about switching gears!

Like I tell my almost 14 year old son, 13-15 year old girls, are the spawn of satan, and should be avoided at all costs. I even tell him that I was a spawn of satan at that age.

Archived