IGNORED

Stories Part 2

laPapessaGiovanna

The man who had the most arrests on Earth has died.

Henry Earl, whose criminal history included more than 1500 busts, passed away last week. He was 74.

For the last several years of his life, Earl resided at a nursing home in Owenton, Kentucky, a city about 50 miles from Lexington, where he racked up the majority of his arrests.

As reported in these pages, Earl was regularly collared for public order crimes--fueled by alcohol--and booked into the Fayette County Detention Center in Lexington.

When TSG stopped counting, Earl had spent a staggering 6000 days in the county lockup for offenses like public intoxication and disorderly conduct (violent crimes did not often appear on Earl’s prodigious rap sheet).

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 1

• 1 month later...

Target is going to stop accepting checks next week

Target will no longer accept personal checks from shoppers as of July 15, another sign of how a once ubiquitous payment method is going the way of outmoded objects like floppy disks and the Rolodex.

The Minneapolis-based discounter confirmed the move in a statement to The Associated Press on Tuesday, citing “extremely low volumes” of customers who still write checks. Target said it remained committed to creating an easy and convenient checkout experience with credit and debit cards, “buy now, pay later” services and the Target Circle membership program, which applies deals automatically at checkout.

“We have taken several measures to notify guests in advance” about the no-checks policy, the company said.

Target’s decision leaves Walmart, Macy’s and Kohl’s among the retailers that still accept personal checks at their stores. Whole Foods Market and the Aldi supermarket chain previously stopped taking checks from customers.

Kind of news to me but it's been years since I've written checks and I still have my first box from my current checking account.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

Yeah, don't fornicate with Judge Middleton no matter how justified you are.  It won't end well.

• 3 weeks later...

Oregon Man & Woman are trying to out Florida Florida Man & Woman.

After pulling over suspects driving a stolen car, Oregon police found a large drug stash inside a bag with “Definitely not a bag full of drugs” printed on it, according to court records.

Early Wednesday morning, a Portland cop ran the plates on a 1994 Ford Taurus that “came back as stolen,” according to a probable cause affidavit. The officer subsequently arrested the driver, Reginald Reynolds, 35, and passenger Mia Baggenstos, 37.

Reynolds, cops say, was carrying a loaded .357 handgun in his pocket, a bag of methamphetamine, and $1360 in cash. Baggenstos had “three white pills she said were oxy...as well as a meth pipe.”

A 1:15 AM vehicle search yielded more meth, two scales, drug paraphernalia, and “baggies commonly used for selling.” And, investigators noted, “a brown bag that said on it, ‘Definitely not a bag full of drugs.’”