IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin 2: Divorce? What Divorce?

VaSportsMom

1 hour ago, SilverBeach said:

Mt comment was speaking to a cult leader mindset, not a normal petite person like you. I don't think anyone has to do anything to appear authoritarian, as it is behavior that does that. But Gwen is obviously into appearances and weirs symbolism. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I just used your astute observation to jump off that normal people don't have to, just narciastic people that can't lead without being tyrants. I was agreeing with you. Or at least trying. :)

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a "for lease" sign in front of the weighdown/church headquarters on Seaboard Lane. Could it be that David Shamblin is kicking them out? He got that building as part of his divorce I believe. If it was really as "peaceful" a divorce as the members were led to believe, would David be telling them to pack their crap and get out? That and the fact that Gwen is the one who filed for divorce, I'm thinking this was a pretty one sided divorce. 

Here is a link to a tour to the ever fabulous Gwen’s ever fabulous estate:

I really need to become a minister and start a religion.  Do you think the church parsonage allowance is paying the mortgage?

Maybe David will get market rate with a commercial client rather than Gwen’s religion.

That is a nice house and has very similar qualities to Gwen's but that is not Ashlawn in Brentwood, TN. 

8 minutes ago, BeyondtheLookingGlass said:

That is a nice house and has very similar qualities to Gwen's but that is not Ashlawn in Brentwood, TN. 

Nice thanks - for the correction!  

In response to SJWaterford sating the WD building has a for lease sign:

Interesting! I couldn’t understand why she’d let that building — her bread and butter — go. Maybe it was here that someone suggested she could move back into an old warehouse building that Weigh Down once used and that she still owns. A bunch of other Remnant member businesses use the Seaboard office too.

Here’s the link to the building and yep, it’s for lease! Details and photos here. Available in October 2018.

http://www.loopnet.com/Listing/308-Seaboard-Ln-Franklin-TN/13228517/

Looks like Weigh Down will relocate to 1850 General George Patton Road (which Gwen got in the divorce) in Franklin. It’s about 4-5 times the size of the current WD building.

And Robbie Bass — one of the WFG people already is listed as working at that address.

20 minutes ago, sajetime said:

Looks like Weigh Down will relocate to 1850 General George Patton Road (which Gwen got in the divorce) in Franklin. It’s about 4-5 times the size of the current WD building.

And Robbie Bass — one of the WFG people already is listed as working at that address.

Appropriate that the cults stick together. I'm kind of annoyed it's that much closer to me. I think that is the big huge building where the cheerleaders practice. And I've seen the Banjo's food truck there before so makes sense. Just not quite as luxurious as the other building. 

48 minutes ago, SJWaterford said:

Just not quite as luxurious as the other building. 

I guess she’ll just enlist her Exodus Industries to trick it out. 

1 hour ago, sajetime said:

I guess she’ll just enlist her Exodus Industries to trick it out. 

Well and if Joe works for Exodus Industries then he can do it for her. Or I wonder if there will be a bunch of little suites for ALL of the business that will be listed at that address that are associated in someway with Remnant. 

2 hours ago, SJWaterford said:

Well and if Joe works for Exodus Industries then he can do it for her. Or I wonder if there will be a bunch of little suites for ALL of the business that will be listed at that address that are associated in someway with Remnant. 

This. There are many RF owned businesses that reside in the current WD building on seaboard lane. The owners would transfer over to this new building or find new places to do business in.

I chuckle to myself a bit because I remember that building quite vividly. As an RF youth, we used to do a lot of “volunteer” work there for Weigh Down fulfillment. I kid you not, we used to call that building the “Weighdown Child Labor Sweetshop”. This of course was quickly nixed seeing as it was around the time the Smith Trial was occurring when a lot of the youth “joked” about that place. Aside from literal child labor, we also used to have RF youth and other church related events as well. There were also RF swap meets that used to run once or twice a year a there - I believe they used to call it “Zion Matket”. 

Anyway...

I called this a month ago - I knew David would eventually be giving her and every RF / WD influence at Seaboard lane the boot. The General George Patton address will be harder to transition to seeing as it is quite simply a BIG, old warehouse that has now been turned into a GYM. It has a few offices but very small ones. According to my intel, a few former and the current, soon-to-be tenants did a lot of remodeling and built a few offices there. This would make the WD transition a little bit more easier, however Gwen and Exodus Industries would still have their work cut out for them if they tried to convert it into a viable, multi-suite building like the one on Seaboard Lane. I would imagine it would cost a substantial amount of money to bring it back to its “former glory”. This of course will be difficult seeing as Gwen owes David millions and is pouring a lot of financial resources into the Lara / Natasha custody battle. 

I unfortunately foresee lots of volunteer RF and Exodus Industries led projects to get WD “back to its glory”. This all of course under the guise that it’s “all for the glory of God”. Sigh...

9 hours ago, RFSurvivor_2 said:

I would imagine it would cost a substantial amount of money to bring it back to its “former glory”. This of course will be difficult seeing as Gwen owes David millions and is pouring a lot of financial resources into the Lara / Natasha custody battle. 

I unfortunately foresee lots of volunteer RF and Exodus Industries led projects to get WD “back to its glory”. This all of course under the guise that it’s “all for the glory of God”. Sigh...

I would love to know how many Remnant members are - silently, of course - thinking this whole thing is nuts. How much inconvenience and expense it’s all causing.

Gwen had to KNOW they’d be moving into the other building. Surely she wasn’t going to pay rent to David when she owns another building. (But I can also see her being the victim and saying she thought David would let them stay — making him out to be a monster yet again).

Why didn’t she keep Weigh Down and give him the other building? I know the reason had to suit her.

Just now, sajetime said:

I would love to know how many Remnant members are - silently, of course - thinking this whole thing is nuts. How much inconvenience and expense it’s all causing.

Gwen had to KNOW they’d be moving into the other building. Surely she wasn’t going to pay rent to David when she owns another building. (But I can also see her being the victim and saying she thought David would let them stay — making him out to be a monster yet again).

Why didn’t she keep Weigh Down and give him the other building? I know the reason had to suit her.

My guess is to make her look like the victim. She probably has made a sob story that David took weigh down building away when he divorced her. We have intel that the church has been told that David divorced her which is completely the opposite of the truth

5 minutes ago, RFsurvivor said:

We have intel that the church has been told that David divorced her which is completely the opposite of the truth

Pretty hilarious considering SHE clearly filed for divorce. And SHE was engaged before the ink was dry and is now already remarried. It’s sad how her flock will believe anything.

16 minutes ago, sajetime said:

Pretty hilarious considering SHE clearly filed for divorce. And SHE was engaged before the ink was dry and is now already remarried. It’s sad how her flock will believe anything.

I know. It’s crazy, but you are taught to not research anything on your own. The church was told that David divorced her in November 2017 (which based on the paperwork) is when Gwen filed as opposed to the final divorce date of June 2018....

3 hours ago, RFsurvivor said:

I know. It’s crazy, but you are taught to not research anything on your own. The church was told that David divorced her in November 2017 (which based on the paperwork) is when Gwen filed as opposed to the final divorce date of June 2018....

I realize how right you are. I recently was in touch with a member who is in the process of leaving the church, and I sent her the divorce documents -- I could not believe she had not seen them. I guess this why I never joined -- I always had suspicion where the church is concerned. I'm wired to be nosy and can't help but question everything.

2 hours ago, sajetime said:

I’m wired to be nosy and can't help but question everything.

We are so glad you did! Being nosy and questioning everything has in this case, saved your life and has given @RFsurvivor and I a new one. 

I thought a good summary of dates would help anyone interested in understanding how this went down.  This information comes from a combination of undeniable legal documents and very good sources.  I'm not here to lie.  I'll leave commentary out of this post as it speaks for itself.  If you are in Remnant and reading this, please think about all the many, many implications of what's below.

April 2017 - Joe started attending RF around this time.

October 2017 - Joe was a fully involved member of RF.

November 1, 2017 - Gwen filed for divorce.  Gwen is the plaintiff meaning she filed against David.  The very first 9 words in the complaint say "The Wife, Gwen Henley Shamblin herby files for divorce".  If someone told you Dave filed against Gwen, that is incorrect.

November 4, 2017   - Gwen and Joe travel together to Destin, FL.  They stayed together in Gwen's multi-million dollar beach house.

June 21, 2018 - Gwen's divorce from David was finalized.

June 23, 2018 - Gwen and Joe got engaged.

Aug 18, 2018 - Gwen and Joe got married.

Legal references:

https://www.scribd.com/document/384435533/Gwen-Shamblin-Divorce-Complaint-for-Divorce  

https://www.scribd.com/document/384435572/Gwen-Shamblin-Divorce-Final-Decree-of-Divorce  

7 hours ago, RFsurvivor said:

My guess is to make her look like the victim. She probably has made a sob story that David took weigh down building away when he divorced her. We have intel that the church has been told that David divorced her which is completely the opposite of the truth

Well I hope if David ever stumbles upon this, he feels like he has allies.  Never met him but thru word of mouth I heard he's a really great guy. Gwen's loss and hopefully someone else's gain. 

56 minutes ago, WorseThan1Thinks said:

I thought a good summary of dates would help anyone interested in understanding how this went down.  This information comes from a combination of undeniable legal documents and very good sources.  I'm not here to lie.  I'll leave commentary out of this post as it speaks for itself.  If you are in Remnant and reading this, please think about all the many, many implications of what's below.

April 2017 - Joe started attending RF around this time.

October 2017 - Joe was a fully involved member of RF.

November 1, 2017 - Gwen filed for divorce.  Gwen is the plaintiff meaning she filed against David.  The very first 9 words in the complaint say "The Wife, Gwen Henley Shamblin herby files for divorce".  If someone told you Dave filed against Gwen, that is incorrect.

November 4, 2017   - Gwen and Joe travel together to Destin, FL.  They stayed together in Gwen's multi-million dollar beach house.

June 21, 2018 - Gwen's divorce from David was finalized.

June 23, 2018 - Gwen and Joe got engaged.

Aug 18, 2018 - Gwen and Joe got married.

Legal references:

https://www.scribd.com/document/384435533/Gwen-Shamblin-Divorce-Complaint-for-Divorce  

https://www.scribd.com/document/384435572/Gwen-Shamblin-Divorce-Final-Decree-of-Divorce  

Thank you for posting this clear timeline! I hope current members will read this! What is amazing is how I was still a member during most of this time and how well everything was kept hidden. Looking back, things that were said to me and other tidbits I noticed all make sense. 

Gwen is a smart person and plans everything very precisely. I am certain she has a good reason for David getting the Weigh Down building in the divorce. Even if it is to add on to her victim status which she is playing like a fiddle. 

22 hours ago, sajetime said:

The WFG offices were mostly completed in the fall with plans to add on additional space and most likely making two story office spaces inside. I'm sure by this time the need to know people like Rob Day already knew about the divorce and they have been planning for almost a year to expand Weigh Down into the warehouse.

1 hour ago, SJWaterford said:

Well I hope if David ever stumbles upon this, he feels like he has allies.  Never met him but thru word of mouth I heard he's a really great guy. Gwen's loss and hopefully someone else's gain. 

I find it weird AF that everyone is fawning over David like this. He was willingly married to Gwen and the only reason he is divorced from her now is because she filed for divorce. He may not have been a member of the church but he shared a bed with the leader and benefited from the $ she pulled in. Tell me again how he suddenly became a saint. Was it a title awarded to him in the divorce? 

14 minutes ago, VaSportsMom said:

Tell me again how he suddenly became a saint. Was it a title awarded to him in the divorce? 

It came with the coffee grinder.

43 minutes ago, VaSportsMom said:

I find it weird AF that everyone is fawning over David like this. He was willingly married to Gwen and the only reason he is divorced from her now is because she filed for divorce. He may not have been a member of the church but he shared a bed with the leader and benefited from the $ she pulled it. Tell me again how he suddenly became a saint. Was it a title awarded to him in the divorce? 

He probably stayed willingly married to Gwen a lot longer than he should have. Maybe for the family, idk.  Maybe he thought he was the stability to the crazy for his kids. Maybe he knew he would lose all of his family if he ever left and that she would turn them against him. Maybe she did him a favor and one day he will thank her but right now he is a victim of her as well in my opinion. Maybe he was like another man I know and just loyal beyond comprehension-despite how miserable they are. Don't get me wrong, I don't think anyone is a saint(besides my husband), and I feel sorry that he spent so much time with crazy Gwen. But I'm glad he has a chance at a life now. People with passive personalities sometimes just don't ever say anything, ever to stand up for themselves. And I didn't realize how these people could go for years without every expressing their opinions because of a more dominant spouse, but I've been standing outside watching a marriage very similar to this for decades and when that passive person finally decided he had reached a breaking point, it literally almost killed them. I am ecstatic as hell for anyone who gets out of there no matter what part they played. Because all I have now is HOPE that evertyime someone makes it out of there, it means that someday my kid could too. 

And the fact that I can be happy about anything or for anyone is a huge accomplishment for me since this all started. I have to force myself not to become too vindictive or have any agenda that has an end result not purely for helping others. I used to have one goal in life......that at the end of the day, all I wanted was to be a good person for everyone, not because it got me into heaven, or any other alterior motive. All I wanted was to be a truly humble, nice, thoughtful and genuine person. I spent my whole childhood church experience judging others and it was wrong. I need to get back to being that person despite what these assholes do but I also feel like I have a responsibility to do what I can to keep anyone else from feeling like this. 

44 minutes ago, BeyondtheLookingGlass said:

The WFG offices were mostly completed in the fall with plans to add on additional space and most likely making two story office spaces inside. I'm sure by this time the need to know people like Rob Day already knew about the divorce and they have been planning for almost a year to expand Weigh Down into the warehouse.

WD and WFG together. A one-stop cult compound!

• DaisyD locked this topic

Archived