IGNORED

There's always womb for one more! Upcoming Babies 12

Bethella

Samuel's birthday is in December, too, I believe (not sure the exact date). Speaking of him, he looks unusually skinny in the pictures Adeline posted. 

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, ophelia said:

If they keep having a new baby each December this will going to be a crazy busy month. Add the holidays and it sounds more than stressful to me!

I agree. Let’s hope the next one isn’t due until March of 2020. Maybe I’m old and weird but I just don’t understand how anyone can find the time and energy to have sex with three babies in the house. When I had a 2 year old and a newborn I barely had time to shower. Plus I think they are building a new home. And her husband is probably doing a lot of building in order to get it done ASAP. 

1 hour ago, anjulibai said:

Thanks! I wonder where I got Belle from. 

Audrey Amanda would have been nicer, too. 

Addie used to post in her baby talk and call her Kressy Belle I believe. She did stuff like that for all of them (bethy dear, etc)

5 minutes ago, lexiloumarie said:

Addie used to post in her baby talk and call her Kressy Belle I believe. She did stuff like that for all of them (bethy dear, etc)

Thanks, that makes sense!

I was thinking this morning.  When Alyssa packs a diaper bag she needs 3 different sizes of diapers to make sure she has.  And 3 different sizes of outfits in case someone has a spill.  So crazy.  I have a hard enough time remembering to check my bag for one size of diapers and enough crayons for two kids.  I can't imagine 3 little ones and hauling around all the stuff she would need just to make sure there is enough water/snacks and diapers for all. 

59 minutes ago, JMO said:

I was thinking this morning.  When Alyssa packs a diaper bag she needs 3 different sizes of diapers to make sure she has.  And 3 different sizes of outfits in case someone has a spill.  So crazy.  I have a hard enough time remembering to check my bag for one size of diapers and enough crayons for two kids.  I can't imagine 3 little ones and hauling around all the stuff she would need just to make sure there is enough water/snacks and diapers for all. 

I'd imagine her older two are close to the same size - they look very close in pictures to me. Hopefully they will or are in the same size already which would make it easier. But shell have several in diapers for a long time no matter what. 

22 minutes ago, lexiloumarie said:

I'd imagine her older two are close to the same size - they look very close in pictures to me. Hopefully they will or are in the same size already which would make it easier. But shell have several in diapers for a long time no matter what. 

That’s what I do at times. My kids are two years apart but even now I sometimes just pack one extra pair of pants that either one can wear. Oh well if it’s too big on the younger one. The older one won’t have a pee accident like the younger one but he freaks out if he spills any liquid on his clothing. So he insists on changing. I can’t wait until my kids are older and I don’t have to pack extra anything before we head out the door!

1 hour ago, JMO said:

I doubt that she leaves the house much. It's just a feeling, but I think she spends most of her days at home and Addie or one of the unmarried younger brothers is running errands for her.

Which families are still living on the compound? If Keni and Campbell are there she has her besties there with her.

1 minute ago, ophelia said:

I doubt that she leaves the house much. It's just a feeling, but I think she spends most of her days at home and Addie or one of the unmarried younger brothers is running errands for her.

Which families are still living on the compound? If Keni and Campbell are there she has her besties there with her.

I swear it’s like some of these fundies plan it that way. They all want to marry into the same families so all the BFF’s will see each other at family get together and holidays. 

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I swear it’s like some of these fundies plan it that way. They all want to marry into the same families so all the BFF’s will see each other at family get together and holidays. 

It makes sense. If you spend all your childbearing years either pregnant or nursing and are more or less confined to your house, why not have your girlfriends close to you. They'll have the same lifestyle. 

33 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m notice that too. Maybe they do it because the know the family background and know they are good Christian families. 

I think it's just that guys are only really exposed to their sisters' friends. If the friends are around enough visiting their sisters, the guys are naturally going to start looking at the friends a bit more. 

13 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

I think it's just that guys are only really exposed to their sisters' friends. If the friends are around enough visiting their sisters, the guys are naturally going to start looking at the friends a bit more. 

Good point.  

1 hour ago, ophelia said:

It makes sense. If you spend all your childbearing years either pregnant or nursing and are more or less confined to your house, why not have your girlfriends close to you. They'll have the same lifestyle. 

But then what happens when everything goes to shit like with Alan Smith? Then people have to take sides and families end up splitting apart. I’m not saying something like with Alan will happen again. But what if a couple ends up divorcing in ten years? It will affect everyone because these families are all so intertwined. 

1 hour ago, anjulibai said:

It’s just weird because not all fundie families do this. Although the Duggars and Bateses marry mostly fundies, they aren’t all marrying from the same families. Some fundies like the Buckinghales marry out of only a few families but then I think most fundies don’t do that. 

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It’s just weird because not all fundie families do this. Although the Duggars and Bateses marry mostly fundies, they aren’t all marrying from the same families. Some fundies like the Buckinghales marry out of only a few families but then I think most fundies don’t do that. 

Maybe it is also to do with the kids' exposure to other families and kids. Due to their TV shows , speaking engagements around the country, and very active participation in events like Big Sandy even before the TV shows came along as ongoing series (rather than just the specials), the Duggars and Bateses meet a lot of people like them. Other families seek them out and attend their events in order to meet them. Both families also live in regions of the country with a higher base rate of fundie or fundie-lite families than some other areas. I imagine some families may only have one or two similar families that also homeschool and are equally conservative with enough agreement on religion in their immediate vicinity so their day to day interactions with non-siblings are confined to a very small group?

I'm terrible at keeping up with where all these people live and things so I don't know if that theory has any real weight. I imagine it's a combination of a few of the above factors.

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

But then what happens when everything goes to shit like with Alan Smith? Then people have to take sides and families end up splitting apart. I’m not saying something like with Alan will happen again. But what if a couple ends up divorcing in ten years? It will affect everyone because these families are all so intertwined. 

Honestly, if it's just a more 'regular' divorce rather than one that comes about due to child molestation like Alan Smith, the intertwining could make it more amicable as well. There is more skin in it for both the husband and wife to keep things civil and their children are less likely to have each side of their family pitted against each other, even if their parents aren't managing civility.

Divorce can make all sorts of families become hateful and messy, even when extended families aren't intertwined. I mean, the extended families of people who have been married for a number of years get to know each other and of course both the husband and wife often develop their own relationships with many of their in-laws. It's one of the big losses for a lot of divorced people if things do get messy.

I was so thankful for my paternal extended family, especially my grandparents, who refused to get involved in any way in my uncle and aunt's divorce nine years ago after over 25 years of marriage. My uncle is their son. There was some cheating on both sides over the last 5 or so years of the marriage and we all understood that a lot of the breakdown that took place was both of them trying to cope with my uncle's long term severe depression that he refused to get help for (he would agree with that statement). While there were raw emotions and grief from both of them and from their kids, my grandparents set the example of acceptance and that relationships are complex and that they are both fantastic people who coped with some difficult circumstances the best they could for a long time until the kids left home. That set the tone for my uncle and aunt too- they did and still do love each other and care deeply about one another, they didn't want to hurt each other, but they just weren't a good match anymore. My aunt comes from a messed up family background (so she has always seen our family as hers from the beginning) and there was no doubt in anyone's mind that she was still our family as much as our uncle and we all love them both immensely. There were some awkward moments over time but she and her new husband, who I refer to as my uncle now too, come to all family gatherings. Her new husband took some of the shifts at the bedside of each of my grandparents as they died so they wouldn't pass away alone. My uncle and his new wife obviously attend everything too. All four of them are at the stage where the awkward is gone mostly. Anyone who loves my aunt and uncle can clearly see they are now with excellent partners that are better matches for them in this stage of life and my aunt and uncle love to see how clearly happy the other one is with their new spouse. 

Anyway...divorces are often ugly but I think extended families can maybe make them a little less ugly when they truly love both members of the couple splitting up as family. 

The very thought of three babies 2 and under makes me weak and dizzy. I suspect that she has a fair bit of help from her sisters/sisters-in-law and I also suspect that she has limited the list of things to do each day to what is manageable for her. However I do like the names she has chosen. 

It’s funny because Erin Paine just made a post on Instagram about trying to pack up three kids and going somewhere. When you are a young fundie mom you have one baby and you think it’s easy to take the baby out. Then you have a baby and a toddler and it’s harder to leave the house with both but it’s managable. Then you have three young kids and you realize you’re fucked. I honestly can’t imagine Erin, Alyssa W, or Alyssa M wanting to have another one soon. I guess it will be the real test to see who is truly “quiverful.”

8 hours ago, anjulibai said:

Samuel's birthday is in December, too, I believe (not sure the exact date). Speaking of him, he looks unusually skinny in the pictures Adeline posted. 

His birthday was the first.

My two were six years apart, and I considered that (and still do) the perfect age gap.  Get the first one potty trained and able to dress herself, and then take on the next set of sleepless nights.  My brother and I were five years apart; apparently my mother and I thought a lot alike.   

20 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

Alyssa Morton just posted that Audrey’s middle name is Kress, named after Kressant. Kind of a weird turn after her other girls’ middle names (Rose and Marie). 

It fits her theme so far pretty well. All three girls have middle names in honor of close female relatives, and I suspect that shortening it to "Kress" was an intentional effort to keep the length of the name on the short side, like the other two. 

Kress wasn't my first guess, but it's interesting. Going back to the Yuku days and the old Morton blog, I remember noticing the extraordinary degree of deference and affection shown to Kressant by the Morton girls. Addie has frequently made remarks about how they all "looked up to her like a big sister", and how she apparently taught the younger Morton ladies how to wash dishes with enthusiasm. Maybe it's a personality thing, or maybe Kress just went out of her way to ingratiate herself to her new family, but she really has been singled out over the years for particular attention by the women of the family. Addie has made more remarks over the years thanking Kressant for being her big sister than she has for her actual older sisters. That aside, I get the impression that there's some sort of special bond between the Morton girls and Kressant that goes beyond what they feel for the other Smith sisters. 

...Which does nothing whatsoever to explain why Alyssa, who was a little girl (11?) when Kress married Mike, and who lived in Florida with only occasional in-person contact with the extended Morton clan, would feel so connected to this woman (who has lived on another continent for the past 3 years) that she felt the need to name her third-born child after her. It kind of makes me wonder if Sam possibly requested it? He at least spent some time around Kressant. 

8 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It’s funny because Erin Paine just made a post on Instagram about trying to pack up three kids and going somewhere. When you are a young fundie mom you have one baby and you think it’s easy to take the baby out. Then you have a baby and a toddler and it’s harder to leave the house with both but it’s managable. Then you have three young kids and you realize you’re fucked. I honestly can’t imagine Erin, Alyssa W, or Alyssa M wanting to have another one soon. I guess it will be the real test to see who is truly “quiverful.”

Norma Gilligan agrees with you. She has been doing one of those "ask me anything" insta-story things, and someone asked her if she planned to have more children. She said that her "arms were full enough with two" currently, or something to that effect. I just went to look at the exact wording again, and she's deleted the story. 

If Alyssa and Sam manage to produce another kid within the next 12 months, my brain will break. If she pulls another stunt like she did with this last one, she could theoretically have FOUR KIDS aged 2 or under. It's just... no. Please no.

8 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think when it comes to this three, Alyssa M. is probably the one with the highest QF tendencies. I can't really say why. Maybe it's because she lives on the compound and the Morton always seem to have been into that militant fecundity thing and she seems much more sheltered than Erin or her sister Alyssa. 
But I guess we'll see.

15 minutes ago, SolomonFundy said:

If Alyssa and Sam manage to produce another kid within the next 12 months, my brain will break. If she pulls another stunt like she did with this last one, she could theoretically have FOUR KIDS aged 2 or under. It's just... no. Please no.

FOUR KIDS UNDER TWO?? I just can't imagine that. But I wouldn't be surprised at all.

46 minutes ago, ophelia said:

FOUR KIDS UNDER TWO?? I just can't imagine that. But I wouldn't be surprised at all.

No, it would be four kids under three (two and under). Alyssa’s oldest, Norah will turn two at the end of the month.

15 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It is fairly remarkable that aside from the Duggar-Keller (maybe arguably Duggar-Caldwell as well, Duggar-Forsyth is a stretch) and Bates-Paine unions (I guess Bates-Webster could count as well), the two most prominent fundie families haven't "joined houses" with other prominent fundie clans. And unless the Lauren Caldwell/Interchangeable Duggar Boy rumors are true, we haven't had any double sibling marriages among them. 

Which possible matches between the families you mentioned are still out there, @nastyhobbitses?

Lauren Caldwell - Random Duggar Boy

The Keller brothers are too old for the younger Duggar girls, but could be a match for Katie Bates. I don't see that happen, but agewise it would fit.

The younger Paine kids could be possible spouses for the younger Duggar or Bates girls.

And so on. I'd love to continue this list, but I just don't have the time right now.

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic

Archived