IGNORED

Jon is trying to get full custody of Collin

DarkAnts

Jon confirmed that Collin has no special needs. He has limited the contact with the media. I am ok with giving out little non personal morsels to the media. It will keep the wolf’s at bay. It’s a tactic used by others. 

The current rumor is that Jon will not allow Hannah or Collin film. The rumors said TLC wanted the kids to be part of Kate plus Date. The TLC master minds must be sick  to think that it’s ok to include the kids in Kate’s new shit show.

• Upvote 9
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 3

I hate Kate. That should be a show title. She is awful. Selfish and abusive.  It does seem she disposed Collin. Her son. Dumped him in a facility. Didn't even visit or let dad visit him. Didn't even bother to show up to court. Poor thing probably just talked backed. " behavioral problems ". Hmmmmm, idk. They released him pretty quickly after Jon found him.  I hate kate.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 5

She was held in contempt because she refused to tell the court/ Jon where Collin was. Jon found Collin this summer. I am so happy that Collin is back with Jon. 

I hate that tabloids keep saying that Collin is troubled, species needs, exc. No child should have that name attached to them especially in a public setting. Jon actually had to clarify on Instagram that Collin was not special needs or on the spectrum. 

In in my opinion he was dumped at one of those “troubled teens” homes because Kate could not get him to be a happy kid on key. 

• Upvote 11
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/10/2019 at 9:10 PM, DarkAnts said:

She was held in contempt because she refused to tell the court/ Jon where Collin was. Jon found Collin this summer. I am so happy that Collin is back with Jon. 

I hate that tabloids keep saying that Collin is troubled, species needs, exc. No child should have that name attached to them especially in a public setting. Jon actually had to clarify on Instagram that Collin was not special needs or on the spectrum. 

Some kids ARE special needs and I think it's important to talk about different abilities or challenges in public.  

That said, Kate didn't do that.  It seems she covered up her abuse by using vaguely clinical terminology.  Its chilling to think that she essentially imprisoned that child.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

• 2 weeks later...

Kate has alienated those children from all the people that cared for them in their early years. She always treated Collin badly, Alexis was another one didn't seem to like, I wouldn't be surprised if she was next to leave.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

• 3 weeks later...

Poor Collin could never seem to please Kate when they were on the original show. I can't stand the woman, she is so controlling. She is the last person to be able to deal with sextuplets! Very little give and take in her worldview. If we can't stand her imagine how Collin felt!

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

• 7 months later...

Holy crap. Apparently Jon's gag order came to and end, and he has some things to say about Kate.

• Jon Gosselin claims Kate Gosselin mentally tortured their son Collin and also abused their daughter Hannah
  • Jon claims Kate sent Collin, then 11 years old, to a special needs institution in Philadelphia for three years, despite only having ADHD
  • Collin sent shocking letters to Jon begging him to rescue him, as the tween accused Kate of abuse to a mandated reporter multiple times 

• Jon claims while Collin was 'caged' at the institution, Kate only visited Collin three times, and says Collin now suffers from PTSD 

• Jon says Kate's 'pattern of abuse' includes running a military-esque regime, enforcing chores and tasks beyond what any normal child should endure 

• Jon revealed how Kate also mentally abused and alienated their daughter Hannah – who now lives with him after he won custody of her and Collin

The article is just heartbreaking. I know it's the Daily Mail, but they picked up the exclusive, so it's the original source.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7470303/Jon-Gosselin-says-Kate-mentally-tortured-son-Collin.html

• Upvote 11
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Holy crap. Apparently Jon's gag order came to and end, and he has some things to say about Kate.

• Jon Gosselin claims Kate Gosselin mentally tortured their son Collin and also abused their daughter Hannah
  • Jon claims Kate sent Collin, then 11 years old, to a special needs institution in Philadelphia for three years, despite only having ADHD
  • Collin sent shocking letters to Jon begging him to rescue him, as the tween accused Kate of abuse to a mandated reporter multiple times 

• Jon claims while Collin was 'caged' at the institution, Kate only visited Collin three times, and says Collin now suffers from PTSD 

• Jon says Kate's 'pattern of abuse' includes running a military-esque regime, enforcing chores and tasks beyond what any normal child should endure 

• Jon revealed how Kate also mentally abused and alienated their daughter Hannah – who now lives with him after he won custody of her and Collin

The article is just heartbreaking. I know it's the Daily Mail, but they picked up the exclusive, so it's the original source.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7470303/Jon-Gosselin-says-Kate-mentally-tortured-son-Collin.html

I read it and some of that I already suspected. I had suspected that Collin was just too much of a handful for her so she just sent him away. But I didn’t think she would only visit him 3 times. That is horrendous. John also says he thinks Kate makes John out to be the bad guy to the 4 sextuplets left. Which I totally believe and always assumed. I’m glad Hannah and Collin got out. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 3

I wanted to add that I can see Kate making Hannah the “leader of the pack.” I’m sure Kate decided from the start that Hannah’s personality meant she was a leader whether she liked it or not. So she put Hannah in charge as the one who has to set a good example for the rest of them and who is probably Kate’s second hand man. That comes with a lot of pressure and responsibility and I can understand why she would buck at that role. I’m glad she can feel more like herself with Jon. I imagine Kate doesn’t allow her kids to be themselves and the ones that are left at home can adapt to that better than Hannah and Collin. It’s still not right though. It really makes me wonder what will happen with those 4 when they graduate from high school. Will they keep taking orders from Kate? Will she choose their paths in life? Will they be able to make some of their own life decisions? 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 5

Going to the dailymail site is frustrating due to all the ads, but you still might want to go there because there are a lot of pictures of Collin and Hannah today, along with pictures of the family in the past, and pictures of the letter sent by Collin begging for help and letters sent by DHS to Jon telling him of the allegations they were investigating about abuse by Kate towards Collin, and a video that Jon made telling his side of the story.

EXCLUSIVE: Kate Gosselin mentally tortured sextuplets by targeting Hannah and secretly 'caging' Collin in special needs institution for three years until the tween was able to message his dad begging for help, Jon claims as his 10-year gag order is lifted - Jon Gosselin claims Kate Gosselin mentally tortured their son Collin and also abused their daughter Hannah, in a bombshell interview with DailyMailTV - Jon is speaking out for the first time since the gag order imposed upon him was lifted after a decade - The former couple rose to fame on their hit TLC show Jon & Kate Plus 8 in 2007, featuring the family's set of twins and sextuplets - They split in 2009 and Kate had physical custody of their eight children - Jon claims Kate sent Collin, then 11 years old, to a special needs institution in Philadelphia for three years, despite only having ADHD - Collin sent shocking letters to Jon begging him to rescue him, as the tween accused Kate of abuse to a mandated reporter multiple times - Jon claims while Collin was 'caged' at the institution, Kate only visited Collin three times, and says Collin now suffers from PTSD - Jon says Kate's 'pattern of abuse' includes running a military-esque regime, enforcing chores and tasks beyond what any normal child should endure - Jon revealed how Kate also mentally abused and alienated their daughter Hannah – who now lives with him after he won custody of her and Collin

Repeated attempts by DailyMailTV requesting comment from Kate about John's claims were met with silence
By RYAN PARRY WEST COAST EDITOR FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

PUBLISHED: 13:47 EDT, 18 September 2019 | UPDATED: 08:22 EDT, 19 September 2019

Reality star Kate Gosselin mentally tortured her young son before sending him off to a special needs institution where he was held for three years.

That's the shocking claim of her ex husband Jon Gosselin, 42, who, in an exclusive interview with DailyMailTV, is speaking for the first time after a decade-long gag order was finally lifted.

In a series of bombshell claims, Jon says his ex Kate, 44, is a 'militant' mother who has abused some of her eight children for years while maintaining the glossy 'happy family' image we see on our TV screens.

He accuses his ex - who currently stars in her own reality show Kate Plus Date - of wrongly making his kids work to maintain her luxury lifestyle.

And he is also furious that Kate has repeatedly brought him up during recent media interviews telling 'lies' in order to promote her show, despite having been divorced from Jon for 10 years.

The former star of Jon & Kate Plus 8 - once one of America's most watched reality shows - declared: 'It's time America found out the truth about Kate, she isn't the person you think she is. 

Jon said: 'Kate is not doing the shows for her family, Kate is doing it for herself.

'She's narcissistic and selfish. That's it. Period. All of this is for her - Kate Plus Eight, Kate Plus Date, it's her name first.

'She always speaks for the children. They say this, they want to do this - unicorns, rainbows and look, flying pigs. It's all lies. They all have voices.'

Jon eviscerates his ex and reveals his heartbreak after discovering Kate had sent their 11-year-old son Collin away to a child and adolescent behavioral unit in Philadelphia without telling him.

Jon says he later received a letter from the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services (DHS) stating that they had received a report of suspected child abuse involving his son and were investigating.

Shaken Jon - who had no legal access rights and believed Collin was living with Kate - contacted his lawyers to fight for joint legal custody.

He would later learn his 11-year-old son's plight and was told Collin had accused Kate of abuse to a mandated reporter multiple times.  

Jon claims he has received '50 to 60' letters from the DHS over the years - regarding Collin and other children in the family - notifying him that reports of suspected child abuse were being investigated.

He also claims Kate sent 'difficult' and 'stubborn' Collin away into the care unit despite him having no known diagnosed medical condition other than common ADHD.

Jon claims that while Collin was 'caged' for three years, his callous mother only visited him three times - less than two hours in total - while refusing to tell Jon where his son was. 

Repeated attempts by DailyMailTV requesting comment from Kate about John's claims were met with silence.

Jon tells how he rescued Collin - who now suffers from PTSD because of the alleged abuse - after the boy's older roommate at Fairmount Behavioral Health institute in Philadelphia, smuggled out a heartbreaking letter his son penned in crayon pleading for help. 

Jon's manager at the time vetted the youth and also arranged for him to give a legal affidavit stating what he witnessed.

And in more astonishing claims Jon reveals how Kate also mentally abused and alienated daughter Hannah – who now lives with him after he won custody of her and Collin – while also targeting some of the other eight children.

'I know my children have suffered abuse and I know one day they're going to tell their own story,' Jon said.

'And sadly enough, I know what PTSD is. It's really upsetting.'

According to DHS documents seen by DailyMailTV, multiple allegations of suspected child abuse against Kate were investigated.

But in follow up letters Jon was informed that the agency had determined the reports were 'unfounded' due to a lack of evidence, but the letters were vague, giving no details of the abuse or investigation process.

Legally the warring couple had joint custody over their flock but after a long protracted court battle, a judge decided the children should decide for themselves where they want to live.

Two of the eight strong brood are now living with Jon while Kate has four living with her, with another two having left home for college.

Jon claims he isn't in contact with the four currently living with Kate because his ex has 'poisoned' them against him.

He said: 'I think Kate has really poisoned my children's minds against me.

'She's put stuff in their minds about my personality. I never cheated on my wife, I'm not a monster, I love my children more than anything.

'I brought Collin home. He's a great kid. I want the family unit together, I even want to co-parent.'

Jon says he laughed when Kate said during an interview that she was co-parenting.

'It's so far from co-parenting. We don't even talk to each other. So why are you even bringing that up?

'You know, there's stuff that she said in the media that's so far from the truth. It's not even funny. It is the complete opposite of truth.'

Jon claims Kate is 'delusional' and he is baffled as to why she keeps claiming to be a single-mom, raising eight kids by herself.

'The reality is I know how to do math,' he explains.

'There's two going to college. There's two that live with me full time and four live with her.

'So I don't know where eight is coming from.

'It isn't Jon & Kate Plus 8 anymore, it's not even Kate Plus 8 anymore.

'Those things are long gone. This is a whole new world. Move past that stuff.'

Jon adds that Kate needs to realize there's 'nothing special' about her situation.

'Congratulations. You have a dating show and you're an average person with a normal family,' he said sarcastically.

Jon agreed to a gag order as part of the couple's divorce and custody deal in 2009 and while he has done some media interviews in the past he has been careful to avoid certain subjects so as not to breach the rules.

'I didn't want to upset the court, I didn't want to upset my children that were a lot younger,' he said.

But now the former star who lives in Reading, Pennsylvania, where he works as an IT director for a community health center, said he wants to 'set the record straight'.

'There's a lot of stuff I want to dispel - there's a lot of untruths,' he said.

'I have watched my children suffer and I have not been able to say a word.

'Kate wanted the gag order because she didn't want me speaking the truth.

'I know everything. I lived it with her and without her. So I know every single thing that has transpired and what has been portrayed to the American public, it's not all true.'

Jon says he's not interested in talking about himself, he simply wants to defend his children and ensure they have a bright future.

'It's not about me, I don't give a s**t, I'm like whatever, I'll just go to work, you know? But my kids have suffered so much. Who's going to defend them?'

Jon, who also DJs part time in pubs and clubs in Reading, says he is mystified why Kate insists on dragging his name 'through the mud' while promoting her latest show.

He believes his ex is trying to 'garner sympathy' by spreading 'lies' over what happened 10 years ago.

'I don't understand what the point is. You're affecting, or trying to affect our home life, it's just very strange. Very strange,' Jon said.

Jon is fired up but his tone takes a dip when he discusses the alleged abuse of his children.

He says Kate's 'pattern of abuse' includes running a military-esque regime, enforcing chores and tasks beyond what any normal child should endure.

'I understand trying to teach discipline, but they can't even be kids,' he says.

He recalls the tight regimen the family led while filming their reality show.

Jon says situations were created to show the family enjoying time together but once the film crew got what they needed the fun stopped.

'We'd go to the beach to do a shoot and say, ''there's the water, run over there... okay, shoot over, let's go.'' Like who does that? That was back in 2009 and that's when I started getting in trouble from the crew and production team, I was like ''no they're not leaving the beach, you can leave,'' I was telling the film crews to go away.'

Ultimately the Gosselin children led a sheltered life, rarely able to leave the family's compound unless they were filming.

'When we did film, we did have good experiences,' Jon explains.

'But they were short. It was like 'cut, cut, cut. Alright, we got it. Let's go. Let's go on to the next one, onto the next one, onto the next one.'

'What people don't understand is you only have so many hours and minutes to film that day and you're moving a crew around of 14 people and your kids and all this stuff.

'So they're not really experiencing the whole thing.

'If they wanted to stay on the beach, it's not happening. If they want to ride the roller coaster 10 more times, it's not happening.'

Jon said being on the show also promoted insecurity and other personality issues within his children - Cara, Mady, Aaden, Collin, Joel, Alexis, Hannah and Leah.

'You're giving and taking, giving and taking, giving and taking, for your whole life,' he explained.

He said the constant exposure to camera crews and public scrutiny had a serious impact on his children's development.

'My kids all lack social skills. I'm glad they have great grades and all this stuff,' he explains.

'But in an uncomfortable social situation, like college or an environment that's not suitable to white collar demographics, it's going to be difficult for them and intermingling with other races and demographics and geography.

'It's going to be difficult because they've been isolated so much and they haven't been taught those life skills.'

Jon also claims Kate is so obsessed with doing everything for the children that they haven't been taught basic life skills.

'Kate's all controlling, she wants to control every situation,' he said.

He adds that the four children still living with her are being pressured into filming with their mom.

'They have all said they have to film because they feel they need to provide a lifestyle for their mother.

'They don't want to film. They said they have to film. That's heart breaking.

'Why do my kids need to provide for themselves, they're kids.'

Jon claims that ultimately it was his wife's controlling behavior and the affect the show was having on the kids that made him leave his marriage in 2009.

He felt he could better help his children from the outside.

'On the inside I was powerless,' he said.

'I had Kate against me, I had TLC against me and when you're inside the fishbowl, you have nowhere to move, you have no way of breaking the glass.

'But when you're outside you can see everything, you have more power.'

But unfortunately things would only get worse and he says Kate took her frustrations out on the children. 

Collin and Hannah took the brunt, however.

Jon says he may never forgive Kate for sending his son away.

'Other than ADHD, which is extremely common, Collin has never been diagnosed with any known medical condition, there's nothing wrong with him,' explains Jon.

'But Kate sent him away, she couldn't deal with him.

'He was alone for three and a half years with no parents, all locked up. It was inhumane.'

Jon recalls how he would see his children at their private school until one day Collin stopped showing up.

When he asked the family guidance councilor what was going on he was told Kate was home-schooling him.

'I was like, this is weird, something was just really fishy.

'He just wasn't there anymore. I couldn't go to school and see him and he wasn't coming for custody.'

A couple of months later, around March 2016, Jon was at his mom's house when two Sheriffs knocked at the door asking to talk to him.

'I was like, 'what's this about?' The Sheriff goes, 'Collin's been sent away to a special needs place. We can't tell you where. But the reason we're here is because he claims his mother abused him'.

Jon told the officers he hadn't seen his son for a while and had never witnessed any abuse by Kate. 

'I'm like, where is he? I'm super worried. So I'm calling my manager. I'm calling everyone, my mom's freaking out and they won't tell me where he is because I didn't have joint legal rights.'

It wasn't until Jon received the letter from Collin that he discovered his location.

'I raised the money to get a lawyer and went through the courts to get joint legal custody.

'While I'm going through the process I get this shocking letter from Collin. It was so upsetting, it made me even more determined to get him out.'

Jon was eventually awarded joint legal custody of his son and contacted Fairmount Behavioral Health institute in Philadelphia to arrange to visit Collin.

'Six days after I called they moved him to another institution five hours away in Pittsburgh,' said Jon.

The arduous process to get Collin home took 18 months as Jon had to go through the various legal steps.

'I'd drive out to Pittsburgh to visit him as much as I could and eventually it progressed to overnight stays before he was finally released into my custody.

Jon now has full sole physical and legal custody of 15-year-old Collin who these days is thriving.

'He's an honor roll student. He's really smart, he's really intuitive, I'm very proud of him,' Jon beams.

Jon says he's trying to reintegrate Collin back with his siblings, but says it's a tough ask because he was 'excommunicated' from the family for three years.

Jon says he does fear for his other kids as well.

'I do know what she's capable of, whether it's mental or physical,' he said. 'I have two kids in my house who left a whole pile of money behind. They left fame and money and came to my house. They left it all behind.'

Despite a traumatic decade Jon is hopeful for the future.

'I just want to be a good dad, I want to live in the legacy of my father,' he says.

'I want to be genuine. I want a good upbringing for my children. I want them to be children and not on television anymore and I want them to live good, healthy, normal lives.'

Jon added that his kids shouldn't be 'providing an income' for their mother.

'I provide an income for my children. I go to work every single day. They need to enjoy their lives. Go to school and then go to college.

'I love my kids. That's it. That's all I wanted.'

Jon says he has been offered several of his own reality shows in the past 10 years but he has turned them down.

He says he is loving life in Reading, Pennsylvania where he lives with daughter Hannah and son Collin, as well as his girlfriend, Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner Colleen Conrad and her daughter Jordan.

The Gosselin family first made it on TV via a Discovery Health special called Surviving Sextuplets and Twins, in September, 2005 when Jon and Kate's sextuplets were just 17-months-old.

There was a follow up special a year later entitled Sextuplets and Twins: One Year Later.

After both specials rated high the channel offered the family its own reality series in April 2007 and TLC took over not long afterwards.

Edited by Flossie
  • Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thank You 19
  • Love 2

I like how John talks about the reality of filming a show with a bunch of kids. They would get to go to the beach and just as they were starting to have fun and play, the film crew would wrap it up and tell them they need to go somewhere else for more filming. But the kids would want to stay and play. Filming your kids for a show is often not fun. And it is work. I don’t think John is perfect but I agree with him on wanting the kids to have a normal childhood. 

• Upvote 16
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

I remember being enthralled by the adorable sextuplets when this show first aired, but even then, I thought Kate was spastic and too often more concerned with unimportant things, like cleaning up a mess, instead of just playing with and enjoying her children.  Jon was the parent who seemed to actually simply enjoy playing with the kids.  I also remember that he took care of giving the little kids their night time baths, putting on their pajamas, putting them to bed, after he got home from work.  Kate never did any of that.  Then when I saw the show where she loudly screeched at him in Toys r Us (or some store), it really sent up a red flag and I started paying closer attention to her behavior.  I began to seriously question whether I should continue watching this show.

Kate is an absolute horror of a person, and a crappy mother.  I'm glad at least two of the children are now living with Jon.  What sort of parent puts their child in an institute because they have ADHD?  A monster, that's who.  Bitch, karma is coming and it won't be pretty.

As to the oldest girls, maybe they will one day re-think their estranged relationship with their father.  Mady seems like she's very much her mother's daughter, so maybe she'll never re-connect but hopefully Cara will.  And I hope the same for the remaining four sextuplets still living under their mother's thumb.  They will turn 18, they will leave home and they will probably finally realize that their mom is absolutely horrific.  I just hope they will be able to find some peace and privacy as adults.  That show (and the Duggars) is what made me realize that no child should ever be on reality tv.  I regret that I didn't realize it at first, but since then, TLC has been banished from my house entirely and I won't watch any reality tv shows that include minor children.  In fact, the whole genre is trash and I won't even watch the Bachelor or Survivor, etc.  It's all fake and I believe has been harmful to our society.

• Upvote 13
  • Love 6

1 hour ago, EmmieJ said:

Then when I saw the show where she loudly screeched at him in Toys r Us (or some store), it really sent up a red flag and I started paying closer attention to her behavior. 

I remember that episode! I think it was a grocery store, and was a serious WTF moment. She yelled at him like he was another child. I only hate-watched after that, it became clear Kate was a controlling harridan and Jon was weak. I couldn't stand her and thought he should have told her off in that store and left a long time before he did. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/20/2018 at 5:19 PM, Kailash said:

Why was Collin in a facility? Poor kid. I hope his dad does get full custody of him.

eta: I did a quick search and it looks like Kate sent him away to get him off the cameras, instead of canceling the show. But it says he’s doing well so maybe getting away from Kate was what he needed.

Kate had issues with Colin (by this I mean Kate was a bitch to Colin) since he was a toddler.  I suspect the majority of his behavior problems had to do with Kate's parenting vs anything actually wrong with Collin.

Colin most resembled Jon and after the divorce her treatment of him was very brutal, IMO.   If you think about what she thought was ok to show on TV what was she doing when no one was there to see.

I'm thrilled to see that Jon has custody of both Hannah and Colin now.  It's sad he doesn't have contact with any of the other kids, but maybe once they get a little older they will seek contact with him.    I hope Colin and Hannah are still able to have some kind of relationship with their siblings if they want one though.

On 12/13/2018 at 11:26 AM, Palimpsest said:

That is fascinating.  Jon has claimed to be against filming the kids for years but I wonder why he didn't do that before.  Perhaps the old work permits lasted through K&8 but now they need new ones.

My guess is that since they rolled Jon & Kate plus 8 into Kate plus 8 they used the same contract precisely because he wouldn't sign another permit for the kids to work.   Kate plus Date sounds like a completely different type of show and I would imagine Kate would expect more money and perks by now so they probably needed a new contract and when they went to Jon he said nope.

Just a guess based on books I've read in the past regarding their contract.

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

On 1/10/2019 at 10:28 PM, DarkAnts said:

The current rumor is that Jon will not allow Hannah or Collin film. The rumors said TLC wanted the kids to be part of Kate plus Date. The TLC master minds must be sick  to think that it’s ok to include the kids in Kate’s new shit show. 

Let's be honest, very few people watch any show with Kate for Kate. People want to see the kids, particularly since they watched them grow up.

I initially liked Kate.  The first few eps she spent a lot of time with the kids (on the show) and the kids were all adorable.   Then one ep one of the kids did something naughty (toddler naughty, not serial killer naughty) and Kate told the toddler to get to the time out corner.  That little kid covered her butt and ran like the wind to the corner the second Kate told her to and having had toddlers of my own I immediately recognized that behavior as a child that had been spanked a lot and was scared she was going to get another one.   Very few toddlers are going to RUN to the time out corner even if they are well behaved.

After that, I started watching the show with "different" eyes and I started to notice all the little things that Kate did that were just mean and how she treated Jon like he was another kid and could do nothing right.

I stopped following them several years after the divorce when they weren't in the news everyday.  I did watch Couples Therapy to see Jon on there.

I didn't realize Jon's gag order was finally lifted so hadn't seen any of this until it was mentioned in another thread.   I'm thrilled he got custody of Hannah, but particularly Colin.  That boy was tortured being with Kate and if he has any behavioral issues they can be laid right at her feet.  Normally, I would not blame a parent like that because bad parents can have good kids and good parents have kids that make mistakes, however, Kate was AWFUL to Colin and I'm sure he had no other outlets than acting out.

Also, Kate is a master parental alienator, which IMO should have been stopped by a Judge long ago.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 1

@Curious I just saw that there is a new "special" of Kate Plus Eight airing October 1.  The Twins go to college or some such bullshit.

It features Mady, Cara, and the 4 tups still with Kate.  No Collin and no Hannah.  But probably those two are "dead" to Kate.  And John has custody of them and put his foot down.

My guess is that the Kate + 8 contract rolled over and Aaden, Alexis, Joel and Leah (underage kids) are still trapped by the original contract.

Kate is horrible.  I can't imagine who wants to watch her.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

On 9/19/2019 at 4:34 PM, SilverBeach said:

I remember that episode! I think it was a grocery store, and was a serious WTF moment. She yelled at him like he was another child. I only hate-watched after that, it became clear Kate was a controlling harridan and Jon was weak. I couldn't stand her and thought he should have told her off in that store and left a long time before he did. 

I dislike Jon being chacterized as "weak."  If a woman was in an abusive relationship she would not be called weak.  Why is it different for a man?

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 8
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Curious said:

I dislike Jon being chacterized as "weak."  If a woman was in an abusive relationship she would not be called weak.  Why is it different for a man?

Never mind. I erased my response. My best friend of fifty years was beaten by her husband for fifteen years. Many years ago I babysat for a lovely woman who was horribly abused, although I didn't understand why she married her abuser arfter she knew how violent he was. There are definitely psychological factors that come into play, abusers engage in terrorism against their victims. Abuse is horrible.  My friend admits that she is passive and wishes she had the fire (and temper) in her that I do. I would have killed that bastard. I guess I mean passive more than weak, and Jon definitely exhibited passivity.

Not trying to start an argument or participate in one about the very sad topic of domestic abuse. 

Edited by SilverBeach
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 3

(Taking deep breaths bc this pushes some buttons)

I was married to an abuser for almost 20 years. He didn’t start out right off the bat with the controlling shit, because he was smart enough to know I’d have run away fast. He started by love bombing, got to know me well enough to know which little boundaries he could push and how far, until by the time I realized things were off, I was completely enmeshed.

I am not weak. I was played, manipulated by a master, and eventually found the strength to escape - kind of like Jon. Everything the world now knows about Kate indicates that at the VERY least, she has the capacity for manipulation and abuse. I’m proud of him for escaping.

This makes me very angry.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 22

39 minutes ago, Jasmar said:

I’m proud of him for escaping.

I was VERY happy when Jon got out.

39 minutes ago, Jasmar said:

I am not weak.

It takes a lot of strength to survive domestic abuse.  I am so sorry for what happened to you. 

I just don't understand why anyone wants to watch a show about Kate or anything to do with her.  The last thing those children need is more tv exposure. 

Edited by SilverBeach
  • Upvote 6
  • Love 3

54 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

My friend admits that she is passive and wishes she had the fire

I read something once about how women who have been abused tend to call themselves names like this. They claim that if they had had a different personality it wouldn't happen. But in reality, women with strong, firey personalities end up in abusive relationships too. Women who are abused should not blame themselves and need to be reassured that it wasn't their personality that led them to be abused. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 9

I remember watching the original "k+8" back in the day and CRINGING when they got to the talking heads part, just Jon and Kate, on the couch.  She was so rude, blunt and EMASCULATED him, week after week.  It was AWFUL.  A few weeks in and I knew what we were dealing with.

Recently, I was mopping the floor and had the TV on and realized K was now on a new show... the dating one.  I was underwhelmed.  Wait, there is really a dating "reality" show about a middle aged divorced mom of... a gaggle of kids**?!  Where do they find the guys?... oh wait, nevermind, everyone has a price... 

**As a former middle aged divorced mom of a (smaller) gaggle of kids, I am surprised there is even a TV audience for this.

Edited by MarblesMom
fixed a word
  • Upvote 8
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, MarblesMom said:

I remember watching the original "k+8" back in the day and CRINGING when they got to the talking heads part, just Jon and Kate, on the couch.  She was so rude, blunt and EMASCULATED him, week after week.  It was AWFUL.  

I think I saw this the first time I ever watched. I was appalled. I couldn’t even hate watch them/her. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

Oh, I forgot how bad the talking head bits were.  The episode where she got up his ass about his breathing was SO emasculating.  He worked a job, came home and took care of all the kids from that point on, did everything she wanted (even though he usually ended up doing it wrong in her eyes) and the "love taps."   Bitch, please.  If he had been the one doing the "love taps" to her people would have been SO up in arms about the abuse she was suffering.

Remember when she hit Emeril with a wooden spoon?  He looked like he wanted to punch her in the throat and who could blame him.  He's dealing with this harridan and suddenly out of nowhere, he's hit, HARD, with a wooden spoon.

I still contend people watch mostly for the kids.  Though I do think she has a bit of a following of women that are similar to her who use her as an excuse to behave badly.   The J&k8 forums were the first time I started using a pseudonym when posting.  Up to that point, I always used my real name, but her fans scared the shit out of me.

• Upvote 13
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Curious said:

I still contend people watch mostly for the kids.  Though I do think she has a bit of a following of women that are similar to her who use her as an excuse to behave badly.   The J&k8 forums were the first time I started using a pseudonym when posting.  Up to that point, I always used my real name, but her fans scared the shit out of me.

YES!!! This a thousand times! “She’s a Christian! What an example! And that lump of a husband...” when really she was super abusive to him! I think it was @Curious who mentioned it first but I wanted to reiterate: if she’s acting like this while being filmed, how much worse is she when the cameras are off?!

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1