IGNORED

The Staddons 2: Continuing into the Next Generation

Coconut Flan

It looks like the Bennett parents just divided up the kids so that half looked almost exactly like Mom and half exactly like Dad.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

I watched Esther & Jonathan's wedding on YouTube just now and I think the sound of Esther's voice gave me cavities.

Oh. My. Goodness. You all weren't kidding!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 2

Esther Staddon Frazer’s twins are boys. She had to have a cerclage placed and now she is on bedrest. They want to keep the boys in as long as possible but they may come earlier than their Sept due date. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 7
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Esther Staddon Frazer’s twins are boys. She had to have a cerclage placed and now she is on bedrest. They want to keep the boys in as long as possible but they may come earlier than their Sept due date. 

I had never heard of a cerclage. I hope she and the twins are okay.

Did they do some kind of sex reveal or did they just announce the sexes?

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Love 1

Just now, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Did they do some kind of gender reveal or did they just announce the sexes?

They just did an online announcement on Esther’s instagram. Two little stuffed moose saying “it’s a boy!” Their theme must be moose. While Michael and Elizabeth obviously have a bee theme. Just like their wedding. Staddon/Frazer pairs love themes. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

They just did an online announcement on Esther’s instagram. Two little stuffed moose saying “it’s a boy!” Their theme must be moose. While Michael and Elizabeth obviously have a bee theme. Just like their wedding. Staddon/Frazer pairs love themes. 

To (bee) fair I don't blame them. Themes give you a nice color palette to work with and narrow the choices without truly limiting them. I also genuinely like both themes; bees are great and super necessary to our eco system, and then moose are fun, dangerous/fierce, and tasty. In that same realm I wish Sven the reindeer got more merch in the Frozen universe. I don't need your stupid, obnoxious snowman; I want SVEN!

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

James and Julianna are getting married on the 19th August

Now the next question is,  who will be the wedding photographer? Lydia? Or will she be one of the bridesmaids.?

I can't see James giving the task to an enthusiastic amateur of whom there are many in fundieland-  but his photography school seems to have quite a few enrolled in his online classes and he does well with photography workshops.  Who could he trust to do a good job? 

• Upvote 4

15 hours ago, Sops2 said:

James and Julianna are getting married on the 19th August

Now the next question is,  who will be the wedding photographer? Lydia? Or will she be one of the bridesmaids.?

I can't see James giving the task to an enthusiastic amateur of whom there are many in fundieland-  but his photography school seems to have quite a few enrolled in his online classes and he does well with photography workshops.  Who could he trust to do a good job? 

I bet he has a photographer he trusts. Maybe his best student in the past. I bet his brother Jonathan will want to use a drone at some point during the reception. 

• Upvote 2

On 5/14/2022 at 4:38 PM, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Did they do some kind of sex reveal or did they just announce the sexes?

I am so glad that she is receiving proper medical care.  The cerclage is necessary when your cervix is starting to shorten and dilate too soon.  always dangerous but especially soo when you are already at risk of preterm delivery.  If the boys are identical they could already be at a much higher preterm risk depending on type of identical. Likely she will end up in the hospital for monitoring the further along she goes so they can administer steroids as soon as they deem her body is pushing into labor and cannot be stopped.  With this being her first pregnancy she has no idea what labor feels like so will need more monitoring!    

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

18 minutes ago, Sops2 said:

Maybe she will have to miss the wedding if she's due in September

She lives in Canada so I wouldn’t be surprised if she did miss it. But they might live stream it so she can watch. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

• 1 month later...

That is a cute baby - and interesting they named her Azalia, both because the plant is spelled Azalea and because the plant is very toxic.  The honey bees make from it is poisonous to humans (although I'm sure that would be if it was exclusively used).  Aren't these two the beekeepers?

I can relate to naming after a favorite plant, though.  My husband vetoed Calathea as a first OR middle name because he said it's weird.  I get it, but I did have to ask.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

That is a cute baby - and interesting they named her Azalia, both because the plant is spelled Azalea and because the plant is very toxic.  The honey bees make from it is poisonous to humans (although I'm sure that would be if it was exclusively used).  Aren't these two the beekeepers?

I can relate to naming after a favorite plant, though.  My husband vetoed Calathea as a first OR middle name because he said it's weird.  I get it, but I did have to ask.

According to The Bump, there may be a biblical source to her name.

Meaning: reserved by God

Azalia as a girl's name is of Greek origin. Modern name, a variant of Azalea, possibly influenced by Azania or Azaria. Azaliah is a male name meaning "reserved by God" in Hebrew, and is borne by a minor biblical character.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 1

Esther posted an update. She’s still on bedrest and almost 32 weeks. The Frazers threw her a baby shower and she was able to lay down while opening presents. She’s trying to keep her blood sugar under control currently. But she seems to be doing ok. 

• Thank You 17
  • Love 2

• 4 weeks later...

James Staddon and Julianna Bennett get married next Friday  19th in Connecticut.

It looks like there will be a livestream!

Their courtship ritual is laboured over in "Our Story" and is just as tortuous and tedious as you might guess. God certainly didn't get a move on and took his time to lay it on their hearts that they should marry. As usual, the fathers had a big part to play and there was much waiting around for months, swithering and wondering if it was God's plan.

https://www.jameslovesjulianna.com/the-engagement-and-poem/

Edited by Sops2
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 7

1 hour ago, Sops2 said:

James Staddon and Julianna Bennett get married next Friday  19th in Connecticut.

It looks like there will be a livestream!

Their courtship ritual is laboured over in "Our Story" and is just as tortuous and tedious as you might guess. God certainly didn't get a move on and took his time to lay it on their hearts that they should marry. As usual, the fathers had a big part to play and there was much waiting around for months, swithering and wondering if it was God's plan.

https://www.jameslovesjulianna.com/the-engagement-and-poem/

I’m just cracking up because he meets a bunch of single Bennett sisters (some of the sisters are named Catherine, Lydia, and Elizabeth no less) and he has to force himself to make the first move because he knows she won’t. Sorry but I do wish Julianna was actually named Jane. 

And yes, it must be live streamed since his sister Esther is on bedrest in Canada and can’t make it. 

• Upvote 8

When  Julianna's sister Kathryn married in 2018, her dress was not as modest as one might have thought it would be.It had quite a deep scooped neckline and lacy sleeves.

Perhaps Julianna will surprise us!

20220813_202246.jpg

• Upvote 1

She had never enjoyed a calendar so much! What an exciting couple, huh?

I do wonder how much he was specifically interested in Julianna. They both talk a lot about how he never showed favor to any particular sister, how he wanted to get to know the whole family, how when he called, Julianna knew it was about a courtship but wasn't sure if it was her. Maybe her dad guided him in that direction.

Also my god, what are the benefits of this system exactly? He first starts spending time with the family in 2017, he works up the nerve to call her dad in summer 2020, and from there it's 

Spoiler

Sheer agony. Hanging on to every shred of hope that maybe I would one day be allowed to ask Julianna a few simple questions to help me know whether or not she would actually be the one for me... By March 2021, I had waited 7 months without knowing what the next step was going to be. And there was no end in sight. I remember sitting in my car in my Grandpa’s driveway. “God, I surrender. I’ve been thinking about this so much, it has stolen my joy."

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 7
  • WTF 1

3 hours ago, Sops2 said:

Their courtship ritual is laboured over in "Our Story" and is just as tortuous and tedious as you might guess.

The tl;dr: 12 years from first calendar to actual courtship. All that time going out of their way to pretend they weren't interested in each other. I think James is in his mid-30's. Do we know if there's a big age gap there that might have been a factor? The phone call in 2021 from Mr. Bennett

“James, can you join a video call on Tuesday? That’s Julianna’s birthday. The dust is settling, and that’ll be a good time for you two to start talking.”

just seems odd, unless it was Julianna's 18th birthday, and that made her courtable.

Edited by Black Aliss
  • Upvote 2

Esther’s twins made it to 34 1/2 weeks so that’s pretty good. She says they will be in the NICU through the end of next week. They look good in the pictures. They are Theodore Norman and Timothy Charles. I guess Jonathan has two middle names and he gave one of his middle names to each of the boys. I think they just came up with the first names on their own. Too bad the boys will never watch the movie Boss Baby. I’ve watched it too many times thanks to my own boss baby. The two brothers in the movie are named Timothy and Theodore. Just like the twins. Tim and Ted. Cute. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 7
  • Love 2

I'm not sure it's accurate, but I think Julianna is 30 years old. I think the long distance element may have prolonged their courtship.

• Thank You 2

And they're off to get the marriage licence- looks as if Friday at 2pm is the time- no sign of a password needed for any livestream

Spoiler

20220817_084435.thumb.jpg.e92ad7b4cd7e2053c14ef79e0c5b20b3.jpg