IGNORED

jinder's Dresses 2: Duggar Wedding Gowns

Coconut Flan

On 9/7/2024 at 5:28 PM, metheglyn said:

Jana just dropped a video of venue and wedding dress shopping and it looks like this dress guess was absolutely spot on. And right in that video was the decision to change the neckline. Though that does make the timing of the alterations being the day before the wedding that much more more confusing.

The bodice is very well fitted, and she’s very petite. Maybe she gained or lost a little weight from the last time she tried it on and it didn’t fit right. It doesn’t need to be much weight for it to be noticeable in either direction with a short, small boned woman. The  impression I have of her is that she is detail oriented, and cares a lot about aesthetics. Not in a bad way, but in a way where the dress not fitting perfectly would bug her. Plus she’s a seamstress, so it would probably be extra irritating if it wasn’t tailored correctly. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Mama Mia said:

The bodice is very well fitted, and she’s very petite. Maybe she gained or lost a little weight from the last time she tried it on and it didn’t fit right. It doesn’t need to be much weight for it to be noticeable in either direction with a short, small boned woman. The  impression I have of her is that she is detail oriented, and cares a lot about aesthetics. Not in a bad way, but in a way where the dress not fitting perfectly would bug her. Plus she’s a seamstress, so it would probably be extra irritating if it wasn’t tailored correctly. 

I agree. You could see as the women in the dress shop were explaining the alterations that Jana was processing it all in her mind and thinking about how those alterations would work on the dress. Someone like me, who can barely sew on a button, would just let them do their thing because I wouldn’t have any idea about how to fix it. And then I’d pray it would look OK-

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

Does anyone have a side-by-side comparison of all the Duggar daughters’ wedding dresses? I can’t really remember who wore what.

• Upvote 7

19 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

and a concert pianist and I hear there is a pilot in the family somewhere also 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, GreenBeans said:

Does anyone have a side-by-side comparison of all the Duggar daughters’ wedding dresses? I can’t really remember who wore what.

Side-by-side of the Duggar daughters' dresses in wedding order:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.4ac90f92100a26992a5552348bc1a5f4.png

Side-by-side of the Duggar daughter-in-laws' dresses in wedding order:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.cb20c095ed84230c9237baaa441e6fe5.png

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 16

14 hours ago, viii said:

Oof, the early brides were done dirty. I feel bad for Anna and Jill. 

I think Jill’s dress was pretty, but not great for her body type. Especially since it was a little loose, I don’t know if that was purposeful, or she lost weight before the wedding. It would have been a good style on Joy. 

I thought it was really cute how excited Joy was in Jana’s dress shopping video, when was so not into shopping for her own dress lol. 

• Upvote 3

Okay so nobody asked me to do this but I'm bored so I will do it

rating Duggar brides dresses

Michelle (cw: Jim Bob sighting, nike kiss)

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.f80eeeaf5fcf5701252a7a2b75ae6442.png

image.png.3efd8f13c9c164adacaaeda2f4c118a5.png

Maybe because I was born in the mid 90s, but I've never understood much of the fashion of the 80s. It was very fun, but also sort of funny looking to me. That being said, I'm judging the dress based on standards for the time + how much it passed the test of time.

It isn't dreadful, most 80s wedding dresses are so not my style, but this one isn't bad whatsoever. How does she look more modern then than she does now?

I like the flower crown and the understated veil. The tulle is really nice. I'm not much for lace, and this one is pretty meh to me. I feel like the dress is a bit much, but for the times it's pretty demure. I don't like how the materials and patterns mesh. The line where the lace changes into tulle is so-so to me. Could be executed better.

Overall, not my fave, but considering it doesn't have those big puffy sleeves that a lot of dresses from the 80s had, I'm giving it a score up. 

Conclusion: 7/10

Anna (this image was conveniently already censored on Reddit by a deleted user, thank you legend)

Spoiler

image.png.36360e6b9047ee05671617b30becd1d5.png

This dress was such a non-event for me. The short sleeves are at such an awkward length, I'd much prefer if they were cap sleeves. Still, the dress isn't that bad, although like the whole wedding, it looks cheap. I wish her hair and makeup were done differently. I can just feel the crunch.

I don't much care for the details on the middle of the dress, nor her headwear. Still, looking at fundie weddings from this era and how many performatively modest dresses with white short sleeved shirts underneath I've seen, I don't hate the sleeves as much as I thought.

There's not much else to write. Really underwhelming.

Conclusion: 5/10

Jill

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.80639539272b8e59b185d37f1f59c933.png

duggar-wedding-300-0e93d55013b847079087f

image.thumb.png.2ee3f04cc7a262ad5f949f26ccc35f81.png

Wow. I don't remember this dress being as bad as it is. I dislike it more than Anna's dress, which is surprising because I remember thinking that at least this dress wasn't horrible at the time, maybe because the whole wedding looked more modern to young me back then.

I've let my disdain for lace be known earlier in my reply, but this lace is not that bad. Let's get the things I like out of the way.

I liked her bouquet. The veil is nice too. She's a very pretty girl. That's it.

The bridesmaid dresses are some of the worst atrocities I've ever seen, same with their shoes for a wedding. The groomsmen suits are not completely bad on the boys whose suits fit, but the ties are dreadful. Derek's suit and tie combo is the worst.

The ruching in the middle of the wedding dress was not pulled off well. The dress is an odd shape, too. Maybe the fit wasn't quite right. The makeup is fine, the hair a bit boring, and overall it's okay, I guess. I'm underwhelmed looking at it as an adult.

Still, it was a step in the right, more modern direction.

Conclusion: 5.5/10

Jessa

Spoiler

image.png.7985f2c857c9b6f4ddf06a3085bc2d3d.png

image.png.34fd5e7763dbca67ba40e0a574ccf750.png

image.png.c7461da06a41ea5d492c7e694a66d1e5.png

For a long time, this was my favorite Duggar wedding dress. Just a gorgeous, gorgeous dress and in blush, which I love!

The details were all right, too, the flowers are nice, the headwear and makeup and hair suit the dress well, the whole look is complete, just very stylish overall. 

The wedding in itself didn't look that stylish, those bridesmaid dresses were the kind of dresses I'd wear to a store, but Jessa's look was flawless.

My one complaint is that I didn't feel the necklace was the right choice.

Conclusion: 9.5/10

Amy (I'm including her because this is what she would have wanted)

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.8650224706517f9472875a85839fc9bd.png

image.thumb.png.c684ba0cf299510ad34f4dc4c9925a97.png

This is a classical dress to me. It was very popular around the time she had gotten married, and this type of dress and cut is still popular now.

I've always liked this dress. I don't care much for Amy, but this a simple and understated but good look to me. The details and earrings make it a little more chic and boho, which I think she wanted. I love the belt and the material.

This is not the kind of dress I'd ever get married in, but I think it makes a good and complete look. I also like how the newlyweds coordinated.

Conclusion: 8.5/10

Break because I have to go make lunch

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 9
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, Tenyari said:

Okay so nobody asked me to do this but I'm bored so I will do it

rating Duggar brides dresses

Michelle (cw: Jim Bob sighting, nike kiss)

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.f80eeeaf5fcf5701252a7a2b75ae6442.png

image.png.3efd8f13c9c164adacaaeda2f4c118a5.png

Maybe because I was born in the mid 90s, but I've never understood much of the fashion of the 80s. It was very fun, but also sort of funny looking to me. That being said, I'm judging the dress based on standards for the time + how much it passed the test of time.

It isn't dreadful, most 80s wedding dresses are so not my style, but this one isn't bad whatsoever. How does she look more modern then than she does now?

I like the flower crown and the understated veil. The tulle is really nice. I'm not much for lace, and this one is pretty meh to me. I feel like the dress is a bit much, but for the times it's pretty demure. I don't like how the materials and patterns mesh. The line where the lace changes into tulle is so-so to me. Could be executed better.

Overall, not my fave, but considering it doesn't have those big puffy sleeves that a lot of dresses from the 80s had, I'm giving it a score up. 

Conclusion: 7/10

Anna (this image was conveniently already censored on Reddit by a deleted user, thank you legend)

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.36360e6b9047ee05671617b30becd1d5.png

This dress was such a non-event for me. The short sleeves are at such an awkward length, I'd much prefer if they were cap sleeves. Still, the dress isn't that bad, although like the whole wedding, it looks cheap. I wish her hair and makeup were done differently. I can just feel the crunch.

I don't much care for the details on the middle of the dress, nor her headwear. Still, looking at fundie weddings from this era and how many performatively modest dresses with white short sleeved shirts underneath I've seen, I don't hate the sleeves as much as I thought.

There's not much else to write. Really underwhelming.

Conclusion: 5/10

Jill

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.80639539272b8e59b185d37f1f59c933.png

duggar-wedding-300-0e93d55013b847079087f

image.thumb.png.2ee3f04cc7a262ad5f949f26ccc35f81.png

Wow. I don't remember this dress being as bad as it is. I dislike it more than Anna's dress, which is surprising because I remember thinking that at least this dress wasn't horrible at the time, maybe because the whole wedding looked more modern to young me back then.

I've let my disdain for lace be known earlier in my reply, but this lace is not that bad. Let's get the things I like out of the way.

I liked her bouquet. The veil is nice too. She's a very pretty girl. That's it.

The bridesmaid dresses are some of the worst atrocities I've ever seen, same with their shoes for a wedding. The groomsmen suits are not completely bad on the boys whose suits fit, but the ties are dreadful. Derek's suit and tie combo is the worst.

The ruching in the middle of the wedding dress was not pulled off well. The dress is an odd shape, too. Maybe the fit wasn't quite right. The makeup is fine, the hair a bit boring, and overall it's okay, I guess. I'm underwhelmed looking at it as an adult.

Still, it was a step in the right, more modern direction.

Conclusion: 5.5/10

Jessa

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.7985f2c857c9b6f4ddf06a3085bc2d3d.png

image.png.34fd5e7763dbca67ba40e0a574ccf750.png

image.png.c7461da06a41ea5d492c7e694a66d1e5.png

For a long time, this was my favorite Duggar wedding dress. Just a gorgeous, gorgeous dress and in blush, which I love!

The details were all right, too, the flowers are nice, the headwear and makeup and hair suit the dress well, the whole look is complete, just very stylish overall. 

The wedding in itself didn't look that stylish, those bridesmaid dresses were the kind of dresses I'd wear to a store, but Jessa's look was flawless.

My one complaint is that I didn't feel the necklace was the right choice.

Amy (I'm including her because this is what she would have wanted)

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.8650224706517f9472875a85839fc9bd.png

image.thumb.png.c684ba0cf299510ad34f4dc4c9925a97.png

This is a classical dress to me. It was very popular around the time she had gotten married, and this type of dress and cut is still popular now.

I've always liked this dress. I don't care much for Amy, but this a simple and understated but good look to me. The details and earrings make it a little more chic and boho, which I think she wanted. I love the belt and the material.

This is not the kind of dress I'd ever get married in, but I think it makes a good and complete look. I also like how the newlyweds coordinated.

Conclusion: 8.5/10

Break because I have to go make lunch

I’m pretty sure Michelle’s dress was not an 80s dress. It was Mary’s dress that she borrowed so what would that make it? Fifty’s sixties? 
I actually quite like it too. I’m not sure if it looked “dated” at the time (if indeed it was old already) but I think the style while a bit ott has aged well. 
with Jill I didn’t think about her possibly loosing weight before the wedding and that is very possible. I know and I have written it before. In the purchasing episode her dress actually looked lovely on her IMO. The stylists had it clipped form fitting and it was lovely. I think modesty standards aka parental pressure made her have it loosened and it became like a sack on her. 
Edit to add I loved jessas dress as well but also think it was too big on her for the same reasons as jill. 

Edited by AussieKrissy
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

37 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

I’m pretty sure Michelle’s dress was not an 80s dress. It was Mary’s dress that she borrowed so what would that make it? Fifty’s sixties? 
I actually quite like it too. I’m not sure if it looked “dated” at the time (if indeed it was old already) but I think the style while a bit ott has aged well. 
with Jill I didn’t think about her possibly loosing weight before the wedding and that is very possible. I know and I have written it before. In the purchasing episode her dress actually looked lovely on her IMO. The stylists had it clipped form fitting and it was lovely. I think modesty standards aka parental pressure made her have it loosened and it became like a sack on her. 
Edit to add I loved jessas dress as well but also think it was too big on her for the same reasons as jill. 

I think Jill's wedding colors and decor make me like her dress less. And I loved Jessas dress in the moment but looking back at photos I dont feel like it has aged as well. I love Jingers dress but wish she had wore her hair down like when she tried it on. and other than that I loved Janas. with the in laws I love Hannahs the most, I didn't like it at fist, but now I think its the prettiest. 

• Upvote 4

On 9/9/2024 at 11:15 PM, GreenBeans said:

Here's a list I update as we get the weddings

Screenshot_20240912_103628_Keep Notes.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

I sew, so I'm a bit obsessive about the importance of proper pressing/ironing. Anna's dress is bugs me in that department. The princess seam over the bust needs a proper pressing (it's possibly also collapsing because it needs to be taken in). The seams on the skirt look concave. Her hair also blends into the pier in the background, but that's the photographer's fault. (That's also a weird pose for a newlywed couple? The poor lighting makes it look like they're not touching at all but that Pest has a baby arm.)

Jill's dress is meh to me, and I love lace. I think it's the shape of the skirt. It needs either a more fitted skirt or a more dramatic A-line to make the waist more defined. It looks poorly fitted in the first photo, but I think part of that is her poor posture. The ones with her standing up straighter look better, but it's hard to tell for sure because of the bouquet. I agree that it doesn't seem to go with the bridesmaids dresses and decor.

I like Jessa's dress in concept, but the scoop-neck t-shirt cut of the bodice does nothing for me. I really do like the color, although a rose gold or pearl necklace would have gone better with it (to be fair, I'm a sucker for pearls in bridal wear). I don't think it looks good with the bridesmaids dresses either.

ETA: OOPS! I forgot Amy. Hers is fine. Strapless isn't my favorite, but I like the sash. It's also fitted very well, which is rare with strapless (the instinct is to make the top part tight so it doesn't slip down, but that makes your skin bulge out at the top, regardless of your size).

Edited by Mrs. Kravitz
Typo
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

I really liked Jessa's dress at the time, but I agree I don't as much now that there are others to compare.  It's too loose and I don't think the color goes with the bridesmaid dresses.  Maybe if they'd been forest green, but them being a much brighter pink seems to make the blush look a bit washed out.  In general I appreciate having color other than just white for the wedding dress but I'm a big fan of adding a pop of color - the beading or lacing or something - so it still looks "bridal" but more unique.  Have any of the brides done something like that?

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

You're so right about everything! That's probably why I liked Michelle's dress, it's not my style but it's a classic.

And spot on about Jill's being too loose, too. So was Jessa's, but it didn't look bad so it still worked for me.

30 minutes ago, Mrs. Kravitz said:

I sew, so I'm a bit obsessive about the importance of proper pressing/ironing. Anna's dress is bugs me in that department. The princess seam over the bust needs a proper pressing (it's possibly also collapsing because it needs to be taken in). The seams on the skirt look concave. Her hair also blends into the pier in the background, but that's the photographer's fault. (That's also a weird pose for a newlywed couple? The poor lighting makes it look like they're not touching at all but that Pest has a baby arm.)

That's what it needed - proper pressing! It would've gotten a higher score because it's pretty classic, too, but it just looked weirdly fitted on her.

2 hours ago, viii said:

@Tenyari please continue your ranking, once you have a chance. I'm enjoying it!

Thank you! On it! 💗

• Upvote 3
  • Love 2

Back by popular demand (one sweet user asking me to continue) - I got distracted with cleaning because it's one of my last days off, so I forgot I was writing this "thread".

Jinger

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.3e095ff0db60bc6e65879b9fe68f767e.png

image.thumb.png.cdec567628700a7caead9552a8f62e5e.png

image.thumb.png.a49fa80f41a3f0467c77c9b791306aa6.png

image.thumb.png.3d3d06c6d18594fb72cc8359593377ef.png

This dress seems to be an homage to Michelle (and Mary), but it comes without that classic quality that their dress had and as such, it feels a bit dated to me. I remember not particularly caring for it nor liking it at the time of her wedding.

Let's start with things I do like. Another wedding with flowers I liked. This one is my favorite so far. I loved the big bouquets the bride and bridesmaids had. The bridesmaids dresses were way better, just the colors made no sense. I feel like for the theme of this wedding (and maybe an unpopular opinion) either the brown ones or the light blue ones would work.

The fit was so much better on her. The train and veil were absolutely stunningly gorgeous. It's my favorite part of the dress. Maybe I do like lace, because I really liked the lace at the ends of her train.

She did something different with her hair than the sisters that came before her, I just don't think it was executed well. But good on her for going her own direction.

The neckline was, I think, correct me if I'm wrong, fitted a bit loosely. I would've preferred a more snug fit. Stupid modesty standards on already modest dresses!

The sleeves are dreadful! Hate, hate, hate. The length is awkward for the type of sleeves they are. I didn't care much for her makeup, but it's very Jingey, so that's cool. She held her own and had that dramatic eye look she loved doing.

Overall, not my fave, not my style, but not the worst.

Conclusion: 6.5/10

Joy-Anna

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.a98fdb2b364243e7f8f9147e08f06b86.png

image.thumb.png.272ee5578857759b638660be5563598e.png

image.thumb.png.1455ce38efe6a2b55ea7b05f155504dc.png

This one makes me sad. I look at her and I always see a child bride in her. She was so young. I also remember how fundie circles were praising her for "losing weight for her wedding" and "having a girlier makeover" which just gave me an ick back then and it gives me an ick now.

This dress is sort of similar to Jinger's, but worse. Even more underwhelming, though I liked the sleeves better, plus, again, she had a gorgeous bouquet and combination of flowers.

I don't like how the lace looked on the other material it was layered on. Something about the subtle difference in the color combination is throwing me off.

I remember the polka dot dress she tried out and thought it was a more fun choice than this one. This was just a big nothingburger to me.

Spoiler

image.png.54604be91ac0582d843d093155a0ca1b.png

It's at least fitted better than Jill's, but I don't like it any more than that dress. I rate it only slightly above because I think the overall look was more complete and gave a slightly more put-together vibe. Plus, she did something different with her makeup as well and had a dramatic eye makeup look which, albeit bad, was a bolder choice.

Conclusion: 6/10

Kendra

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.fd363ac79aada8f341e86ea4fe1f40ef.png

image.thumb.png.b581d8fd2e89d21765a32861a7fc5a66.png

image.thumb.png.956d703e85222efa5e48f85496261458.png

image.thumb.png.0b2554da1d7a82f9f5416d8ae25e4e45.png

Another dress I loved, and I loved how much Kendra loved her dress herself. She was so young, though, and you can really see it from most of these photos.

The fit was good, the dress was fun, it was modest without it being performative, I love the sparkles, I love the flower arrangements (OKAY I JUST LOVE FLOWERS), though I thought they were a bit big, the green cross was so camp, I love it, I even approve of the color combo of the whole wedding - it's the least painful one yet.

The bridesmaid dresses are fine, the suits are good, especially on those boys who wore them fitted properly, the guys had nice shoes and I just notice that Jessa seems to favor this sort of gaudy shoe style whenever she's a bridesmaid and I don't know what to say about that.

Now what I didn't like - Kendra's hair. It made her head look so square. The makeup is nothing to write home about, but the hairstyle is just bad. I much preferred the look she had on her fitting. This aged her instead of making her look more mature.

One of my personal favs, what can I say, though I really don't like the hair.

Conclusion: 9/10

Lauren

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.42cae46762e95da0ab040c29ae07ca4c.png

image.png.dd253f6e0e29ade8f7318dae2ea0c5e7.png

image.thumb.png.04184049738e354dd82aa0a0c778847e.png

image.png.292a7c6527c0e79ccdc4c1fa92ccb049.png

She really is a baby in these photos. This walk down memory lane is bittersweet.

A classic look, what can I say, I'm a sucker for these type of dresses. I wish she kept the long sleeves, though, because these are at a really awkward length. The back's really pretty, I'm not much of a see through gal, sometimes I like it, sometimes I don't, but I think it looks fine either way when the appliques are pretty, and these are very pretty.

Looking at the original dress with its long sleeves more and more, I really wish they were kept like that, because they look a bit off now, especially from the back.

The hair's bad again (but I like it from the back?), the veil is nice, the flowers are beautiful, I surprisingly think her makeup is pretty nice too, I just wish she kept the long sleeves and it would've been a perfect, classical look.

The fit could've been a little better, but hey, performative modesty. And too bad that she didn't have an updo so we could see more of that gorgeous back.

Conclusion: 7.5/10

Abby

Spoiler

image.png.07489028d9dbd9245ad10d5ab01488c2.png

image.thumb.png.0a6db7ab78d54b618b2227e73c1783db.png

image.thumb.png.3909580b3a09567d74ac7d6ba2b9b2d2.png

image.thumb.png.4accc7abf4daebd78a9825cf38330e29.png

Pretty. Pretty, pretty, pretty. So not my style, but very pretty regardless. I feel you can really sense the difference between a young girl's choices and when a grown woman is getting married. Don't get me wrong, Abby was young too, but the wedding just seemed more polished.

Her hair has never looked less crunchy! You can really tell a professional did it.

I'm gonna contradict myself and say this is really pretty lace on Abby's dress + the subtle sheen and sparkle is lovely. The fit is okay, the hair and makeup are okay too, I guess. They don't wow me, but it's not bad. I just love her curls.

The flowers are my probably least favorites so far. I'm a bit underwhelmed. But the bridesmaid dresses are fun! Best so far, in my opinion. I'm biased, but I love a good sparkle dress.

I like the clean, simplistic, fresh vibe of the photo where she's looking away, I can feel the whole vibe of the kind of bride she was from it. This was a very complete look.

I would've never chose a dress like this for myself, but I feel it fits Abby so well. She looks like a modern southern belle. I like Lauren's dress better, but this was way more complete of a look altogether, so I'm rating it higher because the details matter, too.

Conclusion: 8/10

BREAK so the childless lady can go walk her dogs in the rain

Ignore these photos, I pasted them twice and can't get rid of them

Spoiler

image.png

image.png

Edited by Tenyari
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 7
  • Love 3

Another excellent review post. I had forgotten some of these dresses. It's hard for me to pick a favourite dress, because there are elements I like and dislike about each dress (except Anna's - the whole thing is dislike). 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

Claire

Spoiler

image.png.24029a1eae34595ab77a725ac6ae0c2a.png

image.thumb.png.f2958b27ac21ecb9e3cd6de6be3d873e.png

image.png.495815bd1e5460d8e15b9b938cba7df2.png

image.png.7c5f7f9aa09ffc1e153c5fcc4d457a4d.png

Whose tablecloth died so we could get this dress?

I get it, I do get the look she was going for, I just don't think it was executed well. It was sort of boho-like, but not quite. Everything came just short of being what it was supposed to be.

The dress is meh, the sleeves are just bad, the fit is so-so. The hair - I get the idea, I really doo, but it's all just too bulky.

Her bouquet is also too big and bulky to me. Like, it looks heavy. I am not a fan.

I like the makeup! It's youthful and suits her and complements her face. She also has very pretty hair and a pretty smile.

Child groom's suit looks way too big for him. I also hate his tie and suit combo.

I remember not disliking Claire's wedding look when their wedding took place, but now I just see that I liked their wedding photo style. There's not much I like about this.

Conclusion: 4/10

Katelyn

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.9a9e635a2949745fb449202e4a4e5e99.png

image.png.9e3144a5cc5335d66ca2595c241877e6.png

image.thumb.png.6c9c0cfb79582449c4ed3d39acefab94.png

image.thumb.png.c4277dbcf8200de8b7945048e37138a3.png

image.thumb.png.305638b61d471ae24135d808e773dc2d.png

Simply put, this does not spark joy.

Let's start with the things I did like.

She's a beautiful girl, and when you put her next to Jim Bob's left big toe, it shines through even more.

Her makeup was really good. She has gorgeous hair, and finally I like how this sort of look was executed on someone.

The bottom of her dress is pretty and fun! I just wish the top was, too. I just wish the top part was fun, but it really wasn't.

There's nothing about the top part that I like. The fit is meh, the neckline is bad, the sleeves are dreadful. The under material ending in such an odd angle on the sleeves and the lace continuing from it looks really awkward, so does the sleeve length and fit (again).

I just wish the top part was giving... Something, anything. I like how the top and bottom are put together, though, the transition was done nicely, unlike the sleeves. The train is pretty too, while the flowers were nothing special to me, again.

This could've been better.

Conclusion: 6/10

Hannah

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.aabc7afbd799cf84ce019ba56fa19095.png

image.thumb.png.aac3e1c7338b7d183c6590260af78c92.png

image.thumb.png.279b2a4c83813b4e350eecbd468d684d.png

image.thumb.png.3924d6f4a118fd67a14c847ce2492180.png

image.thumb.png.5bde41227f74a97a0678e459005d13e6.png

image.thumb.png.7f6af309ce6cbce06215e2307fbbcfa4.png

Another good and complete look to me, and might I add, really gorgeous wedding photos and style.

This was a surprisingly stylish Duggar wedding. The bridesmaids and groomsmen were dressed in modern and elegant styles. The little flower girls and boys were adorable. The flowers were gorgeous! Another fave of mine.

Now these are sleeves I can get behind! I love the sheerness combined with the crystals. The back is gorgeous and understated. I love the neckline. I love he sparkles. I love the fit!

The hair and makeup go well with everything else. Hannah has never looked more gorgeous. She really found her perfect look with this.

My one complaint is that in some photos from the back, something weird happened around one of her shoulders.

Another personal fave.

JANA (caps lock because I'm that excited)

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.a6aa5f8a451ab4ea9f3344467305a923.png

image.thumb.png.b16e694c84da780ac0b3ede42250da15.png

image.thumb.png.fae072d651613665c4eb9c8b5a8b4d26.png

image.thumb.png.709aacb929f7c0b125580a3599df9521.png

Hands down the best dress and best overall look out of everyone. Maybe I'm biased because this is just the style of dress I'd choose for myself, but this was a sophisticated, mature and gorgeous look I'd expect from a classy gal.

Jana looked like a Disney princess. The whole wedding was elegant and posh! Can't believe we got a Duggar wedding that looked this good.

The material, style and cut of the dress suit Jana so much. The hair and makeup were gorgeous. The bridesmaid dresses! Color and material was beautiful! Some bridesmaids had prettier dress cuts than the others, but still a really good and complete look.

Gorgeous wedding photos, too.

My one complaint is that the flowers could be a little better, but overall my favorite out of all and the only one that I'd give the highest remark.

Conclusion: 10/10

Edited by Tenyari
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 5

Anna’s dress was a 0 any day of the week.

yeah it was in general, but What makes it worse for me is that she didn’t even get to pick it out; it was a borrowed dress for a wedding I think she was bamboozled into. (That proposal video where she’s put on the spot the day she turned her personal minimum age for marriage is the stuff of nightmares. I don’t think they were even technically courting. Her parents are assholes) Even if I personally wouldn’t wear a dress, I like when it makes the person wearing it happy. Everyone deserves a WEDDING dress that makes them feel beautiful and confident in. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 5

3 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

For me, it is Jana for the win. 

Oh this isn't my ranking. This is just the brides in wedding order. My top is Jana hands down followed by Jinger, Joy, Katelyn, Michelle first dress, Abbie, Hannah, Jessa, Kendra, Jill, Claire, Lauren, Michelle dress 2 and then anna.

Edited by RebeccaRay
  • Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, Tenyari said:

I think for me it would have to be Jana's dress, with Hannah following close second!

I was torn between those two as well. 

And the train of Jinger's. Overall, I don't like Jinger's dress, but the train and veil gave it such a WOW factor. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

8 minutes ago, viii said:

I was torn between those two as well. 

And the train of Jinger's. Overall, I don't like Jinger's dress, but the train and veil gave it such a WOW factor. 

I liked her dress, it felt like a throwback to an older era. 

• Upvote 3