IGNORED

Meghan and Harry 5: Oprah, Racism, and Gossip! Oh My!

nelliebelle1197

1) Calling someone a racist if it's true isn't a bad thing. I understand that's a sensitive subject for you, though, as a racist yourself. 

2) Throwing someone under the bus on prime time television isn't a bad thing if the other person (or firm, in this case) has been doing it to them for three plus years. 

3) Meghan didn't bring up the Kate story - Oprah did. Meghan just clarified the details around it. 

4) I am going to believe Harry and Meghan's words before I'll ever believe you saying they're lying. 

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1
  • Bless Your Heart 1

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/see-cards-kate-william-kids-132900628.html

Also Kate posted a photo of her and Carole, Eugenie with her mother and the Queen with her own,

Keeping on believing Proven liars that have presented not one shred of prove to back up damaging and inflammatory statements only makes you a gullible naive idiot :) 

I bet you would blindly believe the theory certain member of British Royal family was actually Jack the Ripper as well LOL

• Eyeroll 2
  • Haha 1

Aw, did the little racist's feelings get hurt? Come back to this conversation when you can actually be productive in it. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4

You all all this stuff will make a very funny Horrible Histories song a couple hundred years from now.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1

Third grade level shit hon. Try harder! You should know by now your OMG RACIST!1 nonsense just makes me laugh. 

Edited by tabitha2
  • Downvote 4
  • Haha 1

Ok. Fair enough .Present it already then.  She also said she was married twice and the Royal family would not Archie security because he was not going to be a prince so Until evidence of her claims is presented I will continue to doubt her.

• Bless Your Heart 1

3 hours ago, viii said:

I agree! Prince William and Prince Charles are unreal! After Harry and Meghan shared their vulnerabilities and their story, it's hard to believe that a father and brother wouldn't realize the hurt they have caused and try to have a more productive conversation.

It's also sad that nobody else in the royal family has reached out to them after she shared her hurt. 

I don’t know...if I knew that no matter what I said in a private family call it would be reported back to Oprah, I probably wouldn’t take their calls either. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

How they gonna reach out and talk candidly when they now have reason to believe as soon as the phone call ends the Sussex’s  are calling Oprah and her buddies and very probably getting their words, meaning and intentions twisted against them? 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

48 minutes ago, DalmatianCat said:

I don’t know...if I knew that no matter what I said in a private family call it would be reported back to Oprah, I probably wouldn’t take their calls either. 

I am surprised that they spoke to Gayle about it, because this should be a private family matter. However, since they still believe all the negative stories being published about Meghan are coming from the Firm, I can see why they didn't see the need to respect their privacy. 

What negative stories exactly? Example? The Royal  family have said nothing in response other than the official statement and Williams understandable denial of racism to all the ugly accusations all the claims these folks are laying against them. Seems Meghan and Harry want to keep this controversy going and get into a mudslinging contest not them. 

If you mean the press and the tabloids... once again the British monarchy can’t control the national press. 

Harry said he wants to heal the rift? Well. This is the opposite of that!  

Edited by tabitha2
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

14 minutes ago, viii said:

I am surprised that they spoke to Gayle about it, because this should be a private family matter. However, since they still believe all the negative stories being published about Meghan are coming from the Firm, I can see why they didn't see the need to respect their privacy. 

I guess the thing is...they’re allowed to think that “the Firm” is leaking these negative stories, and the family is also allowed to not want to talk to them. Sometimes you have to choose one thing or the other. Of course...it makes me wonder...who exactly are they upset at for not calling Meghan? Has Meghan called the Queen, Anne, Camilla, Kate, etc. to check in or chat and they ignored her? Or is she just waiting for them to reach out because...???
I’m not really understanding Harry and Meghan’s strategy here, but I definitely understand the strategy of the Royal Family: “the less we say, the less will make it into one of their interviews.”

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Don’t know if it’s actually true Meghan and Harry have always been said to be particularly close to Eugenie so she should have called at least.  I wonder if loyalty to the rest won out or having a new baby has taken her mind off anything else or both. Kate and Camilla let their husbands do the talking and Anne is too honest and would give them some home truths which they don’t want any part of. 

Edited by tabitha2

1 hour ago, tabitha2 said:

If you mean the press and the tabloids... once again the British monarchy can’t control the national press. 

They can't control the national press but they can sure make sure their people aren't spreading false stories like they have been for the past three years. 

• Upvote 4

Honestly, regardless of who said what if this were my extended family I wouldn't touch this conflict with a 10 foot pole.

A child or sibling I'd love enough to try to communicate privately, but beyond that I'd stay the hell out of any public conflict no matter whose corner I was in.  (except to apologize if it turned out someone was hurt my something I'd said or done, but that would be done privately as well.)

I find it very cringeworthy that they told the press about the private conversations.  Maybe it's okay when you think of the family as the Firm, but it's his dad and brother and IMO that should have remained private.

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 1

How exactly? Monitor break room conversations? Tap the butlers office? They have more to do than hold Meghan Markles hand 24/7 so no one offends her or hurts her feelings.  Besides where was her husband when she was allegedly suicidal and felt so unsafe and people were spreading rumors ? It is far more his job to protect her and get her help than Williams or Charles  or what ever official supposedly said she could not get therapy much less the Queens. Something is missing in this story.

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 1

21 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I find it very cringeworthy that they told the press about the private conversations.  Maybe it's okay when you think of the family as the Firm, but it's his dad and brother and IMO that should have remained private.

I do agree with you, it's just fun to play devil's advocate. I often agree with the sentiment behind Harry/Meghan, but their timing and PR is bizarre. This is one of the times their reps should have stepped in and been like 'don't say that'. 

It's just going to hurt more in the long run, rather than help heal. 

• Upvote 9

I have a hard time believing that anyone hired by the Palace or any of the Royals is not required to sign an iron clad NDA. 

Lots of negative stories have leaked. The two big ones have been the "Meghan made Kate cry" story, which has come up so many times, so I get why they addressed, and the "Meghan was a diva about the tiara". 

So many of the details about those two stories have changed over time, but all with a negative slant at Meghan. It's coming from somewhere, and it's not from Meghan and Harry. 

• Upvote 6

4 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

I have a hard time believing that anyone hired by the Palace or any of the Royals is not required to sign an iron clad NDA. 

Lots of negative stories have leaked. The two big ones have been the "Meghan made Kate cry" story, which has come up so many times, so I get why they addressed, and the "Meghan was a diva about the tiara". 

So many of the details about those two stories have changed over time, but all with a negative slant at Meghan. It's coming from somewhere, and it's not from Meghan and Harry. 

If the tweet linked above is correct and this guy is who leaked Meghan's letter to her dad he should have been fired on the spot.  I have no idea how to vet if that's true, but if it is leaking private correspondence (except for the safety of others) is despicable.  

Huge speculation here but IF he leaked her private letter and wasn't fired then I can see that being big enough to cause a massive family rift.  I wouldn't blame my brother for it happening, but I'd blame him for not sacking the guy immediately and then promoting him to CEO of his charity?  We'd have issues.  

Fortunately my brother is not in the line of succession for anything so our family dynamics aren't nearly as complicated.  

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

Considering that he leaked it without repercussion, I would be led to believe that he was given permission to leak it, which would explain a lot of the hurt between family members. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, Coconut Flan said:

I would call that outrageous. They have their personal fortunes that can cover things. Previously, the UK taxpayers paid for quite a bit, while they were in the UK.

It was their choice to decamp, so they can foot the bloody bill!

Edited by samurai_sarah
  • Upvote 9
  • Love 1

People are weeeeeird. That's a whole nother level. They're not poor by a long shot. I can understand Harry's frustration about losing security at a vulnerable time, but don't complain about money when you're more well off than the majority of the world. Learn to live without your means, homeboy. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 2

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic