IGNORED

The Exvangelical Movement

Howl

39 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

Interestinger & interestinger. 

Isn't it, MamaJB?  The number of people who have left organized religion in the past decade or two is staggering. 

Unfortunately, everyone that is left in the pews in the

• militant fundamentalist
  • teavangelical
  • Christofascist
  • Trumpvangelical
  • wing nut anti abortionist
  • White supremacist Christofascist
  • ammovangelical

wings have been effectively co-opted as alt-reich foot soldiers as a united voting bloc.  I haven't decided yet if this makes it seem like there are more of them than there really are or if there are scary many numbers of them. 

Possibly what's scary is that they are concentrated in particular areas and particular states and they can get their candidates elected in those areas; Democrats do not stand a chance. Also, completely unqualified, uneducated, blithering narcissistic idiots decide that yes, they too can run, win their primary, get themselves elected (see poster child Boebert) and inspire other unqualified, uneducated, blithering narcissistic idiots to run, rinse and repeat.

There have been way too many instances of regular ol' conservatives who have served multiple terms being primaried by these assholes.  Those regular ol' conservatives were awful in their own way, but not doing nearly as much damage as the  Boebert/Cawthorne/MTG caucus. 

Anyway, four copies of Jesus and John Wayne are on order at my local library and i'm #1 on the list. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

3 hours ago, Howl said:

Possibly what's scary is that they are concentrated in particular areas and particular states and they can get their candidates elected in those areas; Democrats do not stand a chance. Also, completely unqualified, uneducated, blithering narcissistic idiots decide that yes, they too can run, win their primary, get themselves elected (see poster child Boebert) and inspire other unqualified, uneducated, blithering narcissistic idiots to run, rinse and repeat.

There have been way too many instances of regular ol' conservatives who have served multiple terms being primaried by these assholes.  Those regular ol' conservatives were awful in their own way, but not doing nearly as much damage as the  Boebert/Cawthorne/MTG caucus. 

I think this is all in play and it's incredibly depressing.

I do wonder though if the Delta variant of COVID-19 will have a, uh, leveling effect on many of these groups. Most if not all of them are virulently anti-vax and they also love to gather in huge groups with no masks or other recommended health measures.

Edited by hoipolloi
Clarity
  • Upvote 12

4 hours ago, Howl said:

Possibly what's scary is that they are concentrated in particular areas and particular states and they can get their candidates elected in those areas;

And any time their candidates aren't elected they see it as religious persecution. It interests me how easily some groups have replaced Christ with TFG - he ticks the right boxes (white, straight, Republican, American) far better than Jesus of Nazareth did for them.

• Upvote 10

1 hour ago, hoipolloi said:

I do wonder though if the Delta variant of COVID-19 will have a, uh, leveling effect on many of these groups. Most if not all of them are virulently anti-vax and they also love to gather in huge groups with no masks or other recommended health measures.

I admit that to an extent I'm sitting back watching for some of the anti-vax and anti-mask crowd to get sick.  I know several (surprised about almost all of them) and I'm guessing for maybe half of them it's only a matter of time.  

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

I do wonder if they will change their tune if conservative evangelical voters start dying off because they have been told wearing a mask is oppression. But at this point it seems like even watching loved ones die of COVID isn’t getting these people to believe. 

• Upvote 11
  • Sad 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 2

3 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

But at this point it seems like even watching loved ones die of COVID isn’t getting these people to believe. 

There have been reports of people who are dying of COVID who don't believe they are dying of COVID.   I'm sure it's relatively rare, but it has happened.  There have been congregations whose pastor has died, congregants have been infected and they STILL met in person. 

The Delta variant will start to rip through the un vaxxed population, including children, in the most un vaxxed states.  It will be horrible and will likely continue to morph into worse iterations.  

In Israel, Delta is infecting a disconcerting number of fully vaccinated adults, although many (most) are asymptomatic. 

I can see US health care workers at huge risk yet again. 

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 5
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 6

21 minutes ago, Howl said:

The Delta variant will start to rip through the un vaxxed population, including children, in the most un vaxxed states.  It will be horrible and will likely continue to morph into worse iterations.  

This concerns me greatly. As always, kids didn't choose or ask for the anti-vax shite forced on them by their asshole parents. 

24 minutes ago, Howl said:

There have been reports of people who are dying of COVID who don't believe they are dying of COVID.   I'm sure it's relatively rare, but it has happened. 

Sadly, this isn't terribly rare. While probably a minority of hospitalized & critical COVID cases are people of this ilk, they are everywhere and have been bleating their denials, literally with their dying breaths, since the pandemic started. I just wish they weren't endangering our HCWs or vulnerable members of the community.

• Upvote 12
  • Sad 3
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, Howl said:

In Israel, Delta is infecting a disconcerting number of fully vaccinated adults, although many (most) are asymptomatic. 

There are quite a few nations on this planet that are not vaccinated at high levels due to lack of vaccine. I do hope that those vaccinated keep in mind that while they don't get sick, they may very well be a carrier and a spreader. So the hope here is that people still mask up, stay home a lot etc, to protect those that aren't at the moment and for a good while longer. Vaccine shortage is a much bigger problem world wide then the Anti Vac. And so as long as the virus does what it likes it will also continue to mutate. If we think Delta is bad, what will we think of the next mutation?  

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 9
  • Thank You 1

Meanwhile, on her public IG, Melissa Niednagel has posted a story from a town fair they just attended in Ava, MO, in Douglas County. Many, many people are visible in her shots. NO ONE is wearing a mask and dozens of kids are jammed together on a bounce house of some kind, with their parents crowding around. 

According to the MO COVID dashboard, fewer than 20% of the populace in that area have even started the vaccination series.

763273475_DouglasCountyMO.thumb.png.223eabe3a90adf3212a53e3fea2232d5.png

• Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Eyeroll 1

23 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

NO ONE is wearing a mask and dozens of kids are jammed together on a bounce house of some kind, with their parents crowding around. 

Funny you should mention that...the house on my street that flies a black flag and an OFM flag are having some kind of kids' party in their front yard today (mind you the heat index is currently 100).  They have a trampoline with a net and a bounce house; probably 20 cars parked on the street.  Lots of happy kid screaming.  I'd bet $10 that exactly zero people in attendance have been vaxed.

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 4
  • Rufus Bless 1

3 hours ago, formergothardite said:

I do wonder if they will change their tune if conservative evangelical voters start dying off because they have been told wearing a mask is oppression. But at this point it seems like even watching loved ones die of COVID isn’t getting these people to believe. 

This. As far as I know, none of my (Mormon) cousins have gotten the vaccination since my uncle - their dad - died a month or so ago.

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 1
  • Rufus Bless 1

4 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

It interests me how easily some groups have replaced Christ with TFG -

Who’s TFG, please? 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

Who’s TFG, please? 

The Former Guy. Sorry, I apparently have been in the political threads too much!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4
  • Thank You 3

2 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

the house on my street that flies a black flag and an OFM flag

Also, what’s OFM and what does a black flag signify? (I promise I’ll pay better attention going forward)

1 minute ago, Ozlsn said:

The Former Guy. Sorry, I apparently have been in the political threads too much!

Got it, thank you! (and involuntary shudder).

I have family not far from the Niednagel’s. Sadly they don’t have Niednagel-level re$ources.  Praying they remain well amongst the numnuts around them. 

Edited by MamaJunebug
  • Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1

25 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

Also, what’s OFM and what does a black flag signify? (I promise I’ll pay better attention going forward)

Going to guess Orange Flaming Moron? Odious Fantasizing Mango? Objectionable Fading Memory? Basically the Former Guy again.

Black flag has several meanings, so the neighbours could be saying:

1. No surrender - ie the opposite of a white flag;

2. Anarchy/anarchist

3. Pirate ship - here be pirates

4. Bubonic plague outbreak

5. An F1 car has crashed and other cars must stop

6. They support Daesh

7. Beach conditions are unsafe.

8. All of the above, simultaneously.

I would avoid them at all costs, particularly if they have the plague...

Edited by Ozlsn
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 18
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

20 minutes ago, Ozlsn said:

Going to guess Orange Flaming Moron? Odious Fantasizing Mango? Objectionable Fading Memory? Basically the Former Guy again.

Black flag has several meanings, so the neighbours could be saying:

1. No surrender - ie the opposite of a white flag;

2. Anarchy/anarchist

3. Pirate ship - here be pirates

4. Bubonic plague outbreak

6. They support Daesh

7. Beach conditions are unsafe.

8. All of the above, simultaneously.

I would avoid them at all costs, particularly if they have the plague...

Well, I confess pirate was my first thought. But AOK! I’m getting the (dys)rhythm of the alphabet soup.  Thank you!!!! 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Ozlsn said:

A friend works as a caution flag guy at Circuit of the Americas during F1 and other races. ?

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

that...the house on my street that flies a black flag and an OFM flag are having some kind of kids' party in their front yard today (mind you the heat index is currently 100). 

Black flag apparently can also mean extreme heat warning!

• Thank You 2

OFM = orange Florida man.  I refuse to even type his name any more.  Pretty sure the neighbor's black flag is the Civil War/we will not surrender meaning.  All any of our neighbors get from me is a wave, if that.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 4

Cannot believe I went blank on "Florida" for F, heh. I did also consider it being "flatulent" but then went "No, that's Rudy". 

• Haha 8

20 hours ago, formergothardite said:

If their Orange Lord and Savior getting COVID(and being much sicker than was reported) didn’t change their minds), I’m afraid they’re a lost cause.

Edited by smittykins
Clarity
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

I can't decide if I should roll my eyes or laugh maniacally. It seems like every generation can point to anything as proof of the end times. 

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, Giraffe said:

I can't decide if I should roll my eyes or laugh maniacally. It seems like every generation can point to anything as proof of the end times. 

The roller brush on my robot vacuum fell out while Rosie was cleaning the floor last week. The bible is very clear that mishaps involving vacuums are a sign of the end times.

Spoiler

vacuum cleaner GIF

• Haha 7

Huh. I thought David Jeremiah died a few years ago. I used to love him back in the day ?

• Upvote 1