IGNORED

United States Governors 2

GreyhoundFan

He doesn't notice or care about the child who passes out. Gee, what a surprise. /s

• Upvote 5

• 5 weeks later...

I love Andy Beshear:

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 1

Yes, he's on my short list of people I'd like to see run in 2028, if we get that opportunity.

• I Agree 3

Josh Shapiro does a great job here:

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

I was reading about Trump being booed for softening his stance on abortion (exception for rape, etc.).  It was interesting here in Washington state that the Republican running for governor, Dave Reichert (who Trump apparently calls “the Sheriff”), is also claiming in commercials that he won’t ban abortion if elected.  Sure, Reichert.  There are other commercials pointing out that, as a U.S. representative, he voted three times for a nationwide ban on abortion, so…

Here is the CNN article (under spoiler) where Trump is booed for softening his stance (allegedly).  He admits it’s because they have to win the election, so I’m sure Reichert and others are following his lead, just to get into office.

Spoiler

Trump booed by some at conservative Christian event when advocating for exceptions to abortion

From CNN's Kit Maher and Kristen Holmes

Former President Donald Trump was booed by people at a Florida summit on Friday after expressing his belief in certain exceptions to abortion. 

“Like Ronald Reagan, I strongly believe in exceptions for life of the mother, rape and incest,” Trump said at the Turning Point “Believer’s Summit,” a Christian conservative event. 

“I think it’s very important, don’t forget,” Trump continued, as some people in the crowd started booing. “You have to go with your heart, but you also have to win elections.” 

Praising his three conservative Supreme Court appointments and the ultimate overturning of Roe v. Wade, Trump said. “Now it’s up to the will of the people in each state.”

“Some will be more conservative in what they vote for, and some will be more liberal,” Trump added. “The people will decide and that’s the way they always wanted it.” 

Trump previously suggested he could support a 15-week federal ban with exceptions in the cases of incest, rape and when the life of the mother is in danger, but in April he said abortion rights should be left to the states, offering his clearest stance yet on one of the most delicate and contentious issues in American politics.

His decision not to back a national ban was swiftly denounced by a major anti-abortion rights organization, which said his position did not go far enough.

• Upvote 4

Walz is good at this:

• Upvote 2

Great speech from Shapiro:

• Upvote 4

Damn, Pritzker on the White Dudes For Harris Zoom. (Poster had a typo).

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

He's right:

• Upvote 5

Yes!

• Upvote 5

Well said:

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

image.png.2b836d3767eacc530a6a6c58772d70e6.png

• Upvote 6

Shapiro did a great job at the Harris/Walz rally in Philly:

• Upvote 3
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Shapiro did a great job at the Harris/Walz rally in Philly:

I am excited about the next generation of Democrats who will be ready for higher office!

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

More good work from Shapiro:

• Upvote 6

• 2 weeks later...

I love Pritzker poking fun at TFG:

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 1

image.png.6a253b7dcbe3fc70f7ef8a75d5bc2b7b.png

image.png.f3021a6e83184d6912b12496e6dfbc75.png

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 1

• 2 weeks later...

Iowa's Lt. Gov Adam Gregg is stepping down from his office.

Governor Kim Reynolds announced Tuesday afternoon Lt. Governor Adam Gregg will be stepping away from his position effective Tuesday.

A press release sent by the Office of the Governor said Gregg is leaving the position to focus on family.

The Governor will appoint someone this fall to fill the vacancy and the person will fill the rest of the unexpired term. Until then, the president of the Senate will fill the spot.

Focusing on his family?  Or is it actually he doesn't wanna hold CovidKim's hand on the way down?

• Thank You 1

23 hours ago, 47of74 said:

Iowa's Lt. Gov Adam Gregg is stepping down from his office.

Focusing on his family?  Or is it actually he doesn't wanna hold CovidKim's hand on the way down?

I usually assume "focusing on family" to be code for "scrambling to cover up an affair" or similar, but in this case it looks like "found a better paying job" is what it means.

• Upvote 3