IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin Lara 16: Remnant after Gwen [Gwen and other RF leaders dead in plane crash]

Destiny

Just now, Zebedee said:

Yep. Actually, it's even worse, implying Elizabeth is involved. People really suck :(

Pardon me while I vomit. 

FJ, I can't stop you from posting this bullshit, because it's not against the rules, but please, can we be better than Reddit? Pretty, pretty please?

• Upvote 17
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 5

9 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

Is this also Gwen's RF or something else? If it is, interesting that it's a non-profit (since 2003) but there are NO IRS 990s available:

1444538442_RemnantFellowshipNon-ProfitinFranklinTN.thumb.png.84c3df9e1458bcceb017deb82a32c810.png

What’s interesting it the address isn’t the address of the actual church but the former Weigh Down Building office that Gwen lost in the divorce. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 7

I can't see how anybody would know about sabotage at this point of the investigation unless they witnessed something. And what kind of people would witness airplane sabotage and not raise an alarm to prevent fatalities? 

I am going to file that under Things That Never Happened until proven otherwise.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 16

59 minutes ago, JesusPony said:

Is The Tennessean a reputable news source? I've heard of it before, but not sure of its history. The reason I ask is there is a very cut and dry sentence in this article:

According to the Federal Aviation Administration website, no one on that flight was qualified to fly the plane.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/2021/05/30/tennessee-plane-crash-saturday-percy-priest-lake/5271905001/

The Tennessean is the major Nashville newspaper. 

• Upvote 16
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 10

3 minutes ago, FusterCluck said:

The Tennessean is the major Nashville newspaper. 

And it has been for decades, so yep reliable.

Whenever there is terrible, sourceless speculation, why is it always Reddit?

• Upvote 14
  • Haha 3

Re: flight recorders, etc. Coming in cold so it may have been mentioned, but Percy Priest Lake has lots of nice homes along it. Possibly eyewitness accounts or security cameras will yield information.  I’m sure it won’t be much. 

Flashing back to an evening decades ago when I saw a small plane bank like vertically over an interstate. Within seconds - out of my sight -  it hadcrashed beyond the highway, no survivors. That was a heckuva weird feeling, seeing it and hearing about the crash as I got home later. 

Bless the survivors.  Especially the children. 

Edited by MamaJunebug
  • Upvote 23

Remnant posted the following on their website:

May 30, 2021 – Brentwood, TN

The seven Remnant Fellowship leaders lost May 29, 2021 were some of the finest and most loving people that you would ever come across. During this horrible tragedy, our church would greatly appreciate prayers.  

We want everyone who was affected, especially the children of the passengers, to know that they are very loved and our church will be taking special care of the children’s needs in these coming years. 

Gwen Shamblin Lara was one of the world’s most kind, gentle, and selfless mother and wife, and a loyal, caring, supportive best friend to all. She lived every day laying down her own life to ensure that others could find a relationship with God. Because of that, her memory will definitely remain for a long time as she has a place in millions of people’s hearts around the world through her work with Weigh Down Ministries and Remnant Fellowship Church. Her wonderful and supportive husband, Joe Lara, will also be greatly missed.  

The other passengers who perished in the crash were Remnant Fellowship leaders who were very involved in the community and loved by many –  David and Jennifer Martin, Jonathan and Jessica Walters, and Brandon Hannah. 

On behalf of Remnant Fellowship Church, we would like to thank the First Responders and all who have helped our church and these families during this difficult time.

Finally, as far as Remnant Fellowship Church and Weigh Down Ministries are concerned, Michael Shamblin and Elizabeth Shamblin Hannah, Gwen’s two children, and the church leadership intend to continue the dream that Gwen Shamblin Lara had of helping people find a relationship with God.

• Sad 2
  • Thank You 32

Elizabeth is at such a severely underweight weight that if she leads this, I fear it may become a more severe type of anorexia cult. Hopefully not. Maybe she will gain some weight if there's less pressure? More extreme/ less extreme-it could go either way.

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2
  • Confused 2
  • Eyeroll 4

Neither pilot aboard was rated to fly.

My feelings go from grief for the children to disgust all over again.

But mostly, grief for the children. And the other loved ones who will miss those individuals so much.

• Upvote 14
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

28 minutes ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

Remnant posted the following on their website:

May 30, 2021 – Brentwood, TN

The seven Remnant Fellowship leaders lost May 29, 2021 were some of the finest and most loving people that you would ever come across. During this horrible tragedy, our church would greatly appreciate prayers.  

We want everyone who was affected, especially the children of the passengers, to know that they are very loved and our church will be taking special care of the children’s needs in these coming years. 

Gwen Shamblin Lara was one of the world’s most kind, gentle, and selfless mother and wife, and a loyal, caring, supportive best friend to all. She lived every day laying down her own life to ensure that others could find a relationship with God. Because of that, her memory will definitely remain for a long time as she has a place in millions of people’s hearts around the world through her work with Weigh Down Ministries and Remnant Fellowship Church. Her wonderful and supportive husband, Joe Lara, will also be greatly missed.  

The other passengers who perished in the crash were Remnant Fellowship leaders who were very involved in the community and loved by many –  David and Jennifer Martin, Jonathan and Jessica Walters, and Brandon Hannah. 

On behalf of Remnant Fellowship Church, we would like to thank the First Responders and all who have helped our church and these families during this difficult time.

Finally, as far as Remnant Fellowship Church and Weigh Down Ministries are concerned, Michael Shamblin and Elizabeth Shamblin Hannah, Gwen’s two children, and the church leadership intend to continue the dream that Gwen Shamblin Lara had of helping people find a relationship with God.

It makes me both sad and angry that the other deaths were treated as afterthoughts in their statement. I understand that she was the leader of the group and this is the group's response, but even her husband and son are barely mentioned.

I'm trying to remind myself that this was put together 24 hours after tragedy... We're not all in our right minds at that point... But I also think this was likely written by the PR team.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 13

All that  praise for Gwen and the rest got just their names dropped and nothing further about their good qualities.   So much personality cult.  

• Upvote 21
  • I Agree 8

26 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

Elizabeth is at such a severely underweight weight that if she leads this, I fear it may become a more severe type of anorexia cult. Hopefully not. Maybe she will gain some weight if there's less pressure? More extreme/ less extreme-it could go either way.

I've wondered if the stress and pressure of being children of the prophet led to Elizabeth's extreme anorexia and Michael's weight gain.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

Let’s hope Elizabeth takes time to grieve instead of pushing herself into cult leadership immediately. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 11

I dunno that last paragraph makes it sound like they are prepping for Elizabeth and Michael to take over 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 10

Just now, RFsurvivor said:

I dunno that last paragraph makes it sound like they are prepping for Elizabeth and Michael to take over 

I thought the same thing. Would Michael = Erin?

• Upvote 5

Just now, nelliebelle1197 said:

I thought the same thing. Would Michael = Erin?

They would stick Michael behind a piano the whole time. That’s what they seem to do now. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

17 minutes ago, Blue said:

I've wondered if the stress and pressure of being children of the prophet led to Elizabeth's extreme anorexia and Michael's weight gain.

No-shame zone:

I've been quietly amazed that with so little body mass, Eliz has conceived and birthed that many children.  Seems like she beat the odds there.  The stress of the loss of her husband, her mother, and 5 key personalities at RF must be intense.  Younger women than she have passed away from heart failure.  My anxiety rises for her.

Possibly her dad and her brother will help moderate her actions and reactions.  Just sharing her grief with four young, young, half-orphaned children is going to take so much out of her.  Losing her mother/leader is one thing.  Losing her husband and father of her children as well ....

• Upvote 21
  • I Agree 11

27 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

No-shame zone:

I've been quietly amazed that with so little body mass, Eliz has conceived and birthed that many children.  Seems like she beat the odds there.  The stress of the loss of her husband, her mother, and 5 key personalities at RF must be intense.  Younger women than she have passed away from heart failure.  My anxiety rises for her.

Possibly her dad and her brother will help moderate her actions and reactions.  Just sharing her grief with four young, young, half-orphaned children is going to take so much out of her.  Losing her mother/leader is one thing.  Losing her husband and father of her children as well ....

Elizabeth was more of an average weight when she conceived her older 3 girls. She was still thin, but not alarmingly so. I believe she lost a baby boy before Charles Granthem. I don’t know if that’s when she lost some weight, but it wouldn’t surprise me if it was around that time. I believe the baby was named after Gwen’s maiden name. He was very young when he died.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 11

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Elizabeth was more of an average weight when she conceived her older 3 girls. She was still thin, but not alarmingly so. I believe she lost a baby boy before Charles Granthem. I don’t know if that’s when she lost some weight, but it wouldn’t surprise me if it was around that time. I believe the baby was named after Gwen’s maiden name. He was very young when he died.

I did not know that. Thank you. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Blue said:

But I also think this was likely written by the PR team.

This situation is pure irony considering the fact that Tedd and Candice were removed from leadership and the PR positions. Despite my personal feelings towards those two, I openly acknowledge that they were / are the most qualified individuals to perform PR in that place. 

I wonder if they will make a resurgence...

Edited by RFSurvivor_2
  • Upvote 8
  • Thank You 5

1 minute ago, RFSurvivor_2 said:

This situation is pure irony considering the fact that Tedd and Candice were removed from leadership and the PR positions. 

Tedd was always super Republican too, and throwing his weight around to try to make all the members vote Republican.  In years past it's likely he would have been aboard this plane.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

7 hours ago, tsukinokawa said:

I am speechless. I didn't follow Gwen that much here but I never thought that one day she would die in a plane crash. r.i.p to her and other victims

I have been expecting this ever since they bought the Cessna.... Not surprised. Sad, upset. But not surprised. 

• Eyeroll 3

Newest presser from within the last half hour or so:

Rutherford County Ashley McDonald, Public Information Officer (has been lead PIO on this):

• Extend sincere condolences  on behalf of all agencies to family/friends of those involved in this terrible tragedy
  • Committed to working with federal partners to do everything they can to bring closure and appreciate patience in that process.
  • Thanking all agencies involved in helping
  • NTSB, FAA, etc. have worked tirelessly around the clock
  • Have pulled several components of the aircraft from the water as well as human remains
  • Rutherford County ME (medical examiner) is working with immediate family to help ID victims

Some family members have issued statements that they wanted to be released, so person holding presser reads statements:

• Elizabeth's statement (slightly different than the one posted by RF) The 7 RF leaders lost yesterday including my husband and mother were some of the finest and most righteous people she has ever known, wants the entire world to know that her mother GSL was the kindest and most gentle, selfless, loving mother and best friend to E and her brother Michael. Her actions and words changed thousands of lives for the better and her message about loving God with all your heart will live on forever and ever and continue to change lives for all eternity.  Her beloved husband, Brandon, took on the message of love for God first and was truly one of the most selfless and loving spouses and fathers on the planet. Whole world needs to know if they have lost hope they will find hope and peace and love from the message poured out from RF and that the amazing 7 leaders will go down as some of the most loving and finest Christians in history that anyone could meet. Includes a quote from one of GSL's books about even one righteous life can change the world
  • Michael's statement also being read: On behalf of family thanks LE and first responders for helping with the horrible tragedy, asking for prayers, hope everyone affected, that especially the children of the other passengers will know they are very loved and they hope to take special care of their needs in the coming years, his mother was a special person and her memory will definitely remain for a very long time as she has a place of millions of peoples hearts around the world due to her work with the Weigh Down Workshop, Joe was a wonderful husband to his mother and he will be missed, again thanks everyone who has helped during this time
  •  Ashton Martin Joest(?) (Martin family daughter) and Diane McCord on behalf of Martin family statement: express gratitude to rescue personnel, police, investigators, and Rutherford authorities assisting with the tragic incident, for helping, including those they met with last night, thanks everyone who has reached out with prayers and well wishes.

Back to presser lady speaking and not reading statements.

• Reminder to anyone in the area that although it's a holiday weekend, the Lamar Hill boat ramp and the Fate Sanders Recreation Area are closed
  • Questions to be directed to the NTSB going forward if about the investigation as they are on site and taking over that portion (as was stated earlier)

John Ingle Capt Rutherford Co Fire/Rescue statement:

• Became IC early this am; recovery continued over night and surface and water searches took place overnight until about 10 am this am. 
  • Many agencies began dive operations, numerous aircraft components have been recovered. 
  • FAA and NTSB are onsite and processing the scene
  • Again asking people to stay out of the area (land and water) around the site, is being patrolled by LE and other agencies
  • Will not continue the search work overnight, but will resume recovery operations again in the am due to safety

Answers to Q's: 

• How will you get the aircraft out of the water? Will work over the next few days to remove remaining wreckage; may use a crane or some lifting mechanism like airbags
  • Was there a black box or something like that? Will have to ask NTSB that
  • Can you talk about what specifically was recovered today? No, refer to NTSB
  • Has the exact impact location been determined?  No.
  • (Can't hear question due to background noise)
  • Any challenges at this point? The lake has very low visibility so hard to work through the site to find everything in the black waters as they call it
  • Something about the ME working with family, have they (family) been able to positively identify anyone yet? Again, NTSB question.
  • Lots of black box/investigation questions I'll not post since they keep saying that's NTSB related questions. They (RC) can't answer any of those questions
  • What resources will be used tomorrow? Everything/everyone still on site as far as agencies and equipment, etc.
  • When will resources be pulled back? They don't know now. That's also really an NTSB question.
  • Will there be an NTSB statement? Or? Rutherford County PIO will either let media know if so, or NTSB will contact them (media) directly if there is.
  • How many people involved in the recovery effort? Have about 100 on scene at any given time (so far more than that since they are in shifts)
  • Reiterates thanks to media for helping to get the message out to keep boaters/gawkers out of the area

Edited by jakesykora
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 32

6 hours ago, JesusPony said:

Is The Tennessean a reputable news source? I've heard of it before, but not sure of its history. The reason I ask is there is a very cut and dry sentence in this article:

According to the Federal Aviation Administration website, no one on that flight was qualified to fly the plane.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/2021/05/30/tennessee-plane-crash-saturday-percy-priest-lake/5271905001/

The Tennessean is the daily newspaper in Nashville and I think it has the largest circulation of any newspaper in Tennessee.  It has a good reputation.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 6

• Destiny changed the title to Gwen Shamblin Lara 16: Remnant after Gwen [Gwen and other RF leaders dead in plane crash]
  • HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic