IGNORED

Jed & Katey 3: Jed! the Headship Will Have a New Constituent Soon

nelliebelle1197

With multiples its also more likely to end in c-section so some of those spacings could be medically recommended. Wich reminds me of Dama Gradinariu who not only had a singleton 13 months after triplets, but another one the year after too all by c-section.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 3

It's probably been long enough that none of the older girls GAF if someone else is having twins.  They have enough going on, despite all the attempts to click bait the public through the years.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

4 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

No thank you! 

My boss had three little kids - I think they were 2, 3 & 4 MAYBE and they decided to try for another baby. Twins. 
So they had 5 under 4 for a while. And his wife homeschooled. ALL of them. (I think she was actually rather qualified to do this - not just winging it). 
He said there are whole years he doesn't really remember - he would come home for work and be handed a child. She would turn and walk away. Like "tag - you're it" 

Sheesh. 

• Upvote 7

I don't know why but I am surprise that they are the first to have twins. If I remember twin things correctly the fact that the babies are the same sex (girl/girl in this case) means that they could be both identical or fraternal right? Also identical twins are rare and can happen to anybodies since is the egg that split in two after conception, while fraternal are due to hyperovulation? Now who will be the next to announce? A singleton will seems like no body deal now.  Maybe Kendra? She is alte afterall, or will it be Hannah?

• Upvote 3

Not surprised. The Duggars have gone longer than expected without an announced pregnancy. And twins were bound to happen, given the amount of offspring this families generates. 

They, like Joe/Kendra and Jer/Hannah, seem all in on the birthing for Jesus. I’m betting they take a break or at least slow down a bit after this. I was scanning the video for signs of other pregnancies. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

It's probably been long enough that none of the older girls GAF if someone else is having twins.  They have enough going on, despite all the attempts to click bait the public through the years.

This. If anything they're probably relieved it's not them!

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

Do the Bates have more grandchildren than the Duggars at this point? I feel like several of the Duggar kids aren't doing the prolific procreating thing. If Gil has more grandchildren than Jim Boob, I bet that gets under his skin. 

• Upvote 2

I opened the People magazine link and saw the photos. Joy was one of the few Duggar sisters photographed at the reveal along with Josie and maybe one more; I wonder if there were any others. I didn’t see any Duggar brothers. Maybe video of the reveal shows other sibs? 

Is this Meech in the blue dress with white flowers standing next to JB? If so, I don’t think she’s looking so good.

IMG_2213.jpeg

Edited by Cam
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

8 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

Do the Bates have more grandchildren than the Duggars at this point? I feel like several of the Duggar kids aren't doing the prolific procreating thing. If Gil has more grandchildren than Jim Boob, I bet that gets under his skin. 

No, the Bateses have 29 born and 3 on the way that we know of. Duggars have 33 born and these twins on the way. So they're close but the Duggars are still ahead.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

The Bateses could overtake them since they have 12 married children and the Duggars have 11. But the Duggars could have 12 if Jason married Maddie soon. And if Jana is actually engaged, they could have 13 married.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

Michelle always wanted twin girls. She said so in the early years of their television careers. They had girl/boy twins (Jana & JD) and boy/boy twins (Jed! & Jeremiah) and she wanted girl/girl twins to have complete the set.

Tim and Pat Noyes had twins 13 months after Jill and less than 3 years after Lisa. They had 4 under 3 when the twins were born.

• Upvote 3

The Duggar/Bates G3 competition is a long game that could possibly go on for 30 more years. I have a feeling that out of JB, Mich, Gil, Kelly and myself (I’m close in age), some of us won’t be there for the final tally.

• Upvote 5

40 minutes ago, Cam said:

opened the People magazine link and saw the photos. Joy was one of the few Duggar sisters photographed at the reveal along with Josie and maybe one more; I wonder if there were any others. I didn’t see any Duggar brothers. Maybe video of the reveal shows other sibs? 

The video is up on Jed and Katey’s YouTube channel and yes, quite a few other Duggars are present. However, they go by so quickly it’s hard to tell who is who.

They left the reveal in the hands of James again. Fortunately, he didn’t elect to crash a junker car in a pond again. Instead, they did the twin reveal by first bringing out one balloon and having Jed “accidentally” let go. When he asked if there was a backup, James brought out two balloons as the twin reveal. Then each of them popped a balloon as the gender reveal.

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank You 1

50 minutes ago, Cam said:

I opened the People magazine link and saw the photos. Joy was one of the few Duggar sisters photographed at the reveal along with Josie and maybe one more; I wonder if there were any others. I didn’t see any Duggar brothers. Maybe video of the reveal shows other sibs? 

Is this Meech in the blue dress with white flowers standing next to JB? If so, I don’t think she’s looking so good.

IMG_2213.jpeg

Yes, that’s Micelle in the blue dress.  Also Josie to the left of JB.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, Cam said:

I spotted Kendra, Abbie and JD, Joy and Austin, Jessa and Ben, Jer and Hannah, James, Johanna, Jordyn, Jackson, Josie, JimBob and Michelle, and Duggar hanger ons Laura and Elijah. Lauren was not pictured (i think) but had her name on the baby gender guessing chalk board. I dont think Jana, Jason, Jenni, Anna (and her kids) or Jill were there. They showed themselves on a videocall with Jinger.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Cam said:

Yes, she seems like she's aged.  Jim Bob himself looks like he's been gaining and aging.  Neither is surprising.  It's been awhile since we've seen them in their natural state.  

59 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Tim and Pat Noyes had twins 13 months after Jill and less than 3 years after Lisa. They had 4 under 3 when the twins were born.

Then somehow magically no more!

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

My son goes to school with a set of girl twins that have older brothers that are a set of boy twins. They even have a younger singleton born after two sets of twins. I wouldn’t have risked having a third set of twins. No way. I bet that singleton felt like a breeze.

My co-worker who had twin boys just wanted to have (and I quote her here) “that one baby experience.” You guessed it, twin girls.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, mysweetetc said:

Surprised that it was these two who won the game of Twin Roulette between the G2 Dugglings. As a twin mom myself, I was under the impression that fraternal twinning is passed down through the mom, due to it being a case of hyper-ovulation. And I'm guessing it's fraternal twins because they did a double gender reveal--if they were identical, they'd know the kiddos were boy/boy or girl/girl.

ETA: What will this be, 4 under 4 for them? Yikes on bikes.

If they are Dichorionic-Diamniotic twins (which is about 25% of identical twins), it is pretty hard to differentiate identical twins from fraternal until later on. It is more obvious when they share a placenta (and in rare cases an anmnuotic sac).:

and it will be 4 under 3, which is just insanity. Truett turns 3 in May 2025. The twins will be several months old by then. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

10 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

My son goes to school with a set of girl twins that have older brothers that are a set of boy twins. They even have a younger singleton born after two sets of twins. I wouldn’t have risked having a third set of twins. No way. I bet that singleton felt like a breeze.

My friend had two sets of fraternal twins, 22 months apart, followed by a singleton. When the singleton was a newborn, she told me that he was so much easier than any of her twins were as newborns and it felt like a breeze with him. I said, "maybe because there's only one of him?" and she said, "oh, yeah, how did I not think of that?"

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, postscript said:

The video is up on Jed and Katey’s YouTube channel and yes, quite a few other Duggars are present. However, they go by so quickly it’s hard to tell who is who.

They left the reveal in the hands of James again. Fortunately, he didn’t elect to crash a junker car in a pond again. Instead, they did the twin reveal by first bringing out one balloon and having Jed “accidentally” let go. When he asked if there was a backup, James brought out two balloons as the twin reveal. Then each of them popped a balloon as the gender reveal.

James seems to be the go-to for these. I wonder if he’s the brother who gets along with everyone. All of the howlers were kind of an amorphous mess as kids and I couldn’t describe their personalities or list any of their interests if my life depended on it. How old is James? 

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, Expectopatronus said:

How old is James?

He just turned 23. He comes across in his siblings' posts and videos as a bit wild, but it's tough to know how much of that is real. I get the impression he's enjoying his 20s and isn't in a hurry to marry and start procreating. 

• Upvote 6

James strikes me as the most “bro”ish of the Duggar brothers, even compared to Jason who loves his bare chested post workout selfies. James is the one who likes to make videos of himself doing crazy stunts and tearing around the Duggar compound in ATVs. James seems really immature and he would have made an excellent frat boy if he had the gumption to go to college. I think he’s one of the more vocal Trump supporters of the Duggars. He likes to travel around the world and seems to like to road trip around the country. He doesn’t seem to have the work ethic that his brothers seem to have, but he enjoys playing around on construction equipment like a little boy plays with trucks.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

Is that Jan 20 due date a forty week date. Aren’t twins usually induced at 37 or c section at 37? I wonder if katey is hoping for a natural. Which is of course her choice. I only know of one person personally and one person on YouTube who had twins natural. So for me in my experience twins are usually a c section. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Is that Jan 20 due date a forty week date. Aren’t twins usually induced at 37 or c section at 37? I wonder if katey is hoping for a natural. Which is of course her choice. I only know of one person personally and one person on YouTube who had twins natural. So for me in my experience twins are usually a c section. 

I have a few friends who had twins and were given 38 weeks as the cutoff. All but one had them before then though. It was was 50/50 vaginal birth Vs. C-section though and one friend had both (second twin went into distress and required an emergency c-section)”:

• Upvote 2

Yeah twin pregnancies are usually induced at 38 weeks if they don't go into labour before spontanously.

In my family twins are very common and most of them if not all were vaginal deliveries. Two of my great-grandmothers succesfully gave birth to twins in the 1930s on their isolated farms somewhere in the middle of nowhere in Poland with  only a midwife being around.

On the other hand all the twins I know that I'm not related to were born via c-section. So maybe our family was just very lucky when it comes to birthing twins.

• Upvote 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic