IGNORED

Plathville 2: The Whole Family Needs Therapy

nelliebelle1197

Does it feel like Micah’s girlfriend is just scripted? We all know reality tv is a lot of scripted stuff. Since Micah’s girlfriend isn’t being shown, I could imagine it’s just an actress or something.

On 12/22/2023 at 11:51 PM, JDuggs said:

It looks like Micah is in a relationship, or very good friends, with this Florida realtor Veronica Peters. I’ve seen photos of them together on Micah’s IG, but I always thought she kind of looked too old for him. Maybe not.

This was on Moriah’s IG:

Hide contents

image.thumb.jpeg.e5583f82734714ccb023fc889e4f0f90.jpeg

And this was on Veronica’s personal IG and professional IG:

Hide contents

image.thumb.jpeg.e637a588be2f14fc379935962e743f47.jpeg

Hide contentsimage.thumb.png.bfaa9a4a2ac77388067acef5c5afb81c.png

Quoting myself from six months ago. I think this really is Micah’s girlfriend. She doesn’t seem quite as public about their relationship as she did back then.

This photo of Veronica didn’t get copied over from my old post.

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.0ae44da117d43f1db49868c42924ea03.jpeg

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

6 hours ago, JDuggs said:

He probably needed to at least give a partial payout to Kim so she could buy her boat (which was a crazy odd choice).

Boat: a hole in the water you throw money into.

Forgot where I read that but it's kind of true in a lot of cases. 

3 hours ago, JDuggs said:

She doesn’t seem quite as public about their relationship as she did back then.

No surprise really, given how much shit gas gone down in this series/family. If she has any sense and isn't just looking for the limelight she'll stay out of that mess. I think if the girlfriend was a paid actress she'd be on camera more, not less. Creating drama and storylines.

Veronica posted this in her stories tonight. Maybe I just don’t look at her Instagram enough and she posts about him a lot. I guess I don’t know.

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.9c654d9a05e6f6b8449e7d2c042b34ee.jpeg

• Thank You 4

6 hours ago, JDuggs said:

Veronica posted this in her stories tonight. Maybe I just don’t look at her Instagram enough and she posts about him a lot. I guess I don’t know.

Hide contents

image.thumb.jpeg.9c654d9a05e6f6b8449e7d2c042b34ee.jpeg

Is is just the camera angle, or is this guy really short or have short legs?

37 minutes ago, Flossie said:

Is is just the camera angle, or is this guy really short or have short legs?

Camera angle. He couldn’t be a male model if his legs were that short compared to his upper body. 

• Thank You 1

He looks like a Bates boy in this pic: I wonder if he's salty she posted that.

It looks like Micah and the girlfriend are both on board with creating a little hype for the new season of Plathville. Micah’s IG story today:

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.46c32d2e3d3740243e5a33f5d6a800fe.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 3

I get not wanting to be on the show. But her covering her face in these pics is just weird. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I get not wanting to be on the show. But her covering her face in these pics is just weird. 

Right? Like if you don’t want to be publicly associated with this hot mess of a family, maybe just skip the pictures on public social media profiles altogether? This seems ridiculously calculated to stir up *attention*.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

On 1/24/2024 at 7:52 AM, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Ethan can find a submissive wife who doesn’t come with a crazy mother. He was very dismissive of Jill on social media that one time (sorry, don’t remember the details). 

I actually saw the video clip in which he said that! It was on Fundie Fridays’ fifth-year compilation video on YouTube. It was a split second, but in it he said something about JRod being interested in him and he noped out.

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

On the previews of the next episode, Moriah wants to meet up with Olivia to apologize. I know Moriah knows she was wrong for accusing Olivia of stealing her music account and I think she will apologize for that. But I don’t think she’ll apologize for saying that Olivia was wrong to call out Kim over the whole MLM deal she had going on with Ethan. Moriah probably will also not apologize for putting Olivia in situations where Kim would be present.

What’s interesting now is that Ethan didn’t want to socialize with Kim’s boyfriend Ken and no one forced him to do it. Seems like a very similar type of situation.

And I do think Moriah and Olivia seeing each other again is for the show. I don’t think either of them would really care to see the other ever again if it wasn’t being filmed.  What I would really like to see is Olivia and Kim hashing it out. But Kim will never admit doing anything wrong.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

Season 6, Episode 2, “Never Say Never”

Recap of the first episode. Olivia is trying to get Ethan to finalize the divorce. He’s sad. He hadn’t planned to change his mind, but when he saw Olivia he didn’t want to divorce. She says they shouldn’t drag it out. He can’t do it today, even though it’s her last day in Minnesota. She doesn’t know what to do.

Kim is riding a 4-wheeler at Ken’s house in Florida. She looks like a badass! Ken is fine with her having the boat to get her own space. They’re both outdoorsy. They’re having a bonfire. The kids love spending time with Ken now. He wants to visit her on the boat. She wants to get divorced before moving on. It’s been over two years now, and she’s been with Ken for a year and a half. Ken says that everyone except Barry is okay with him being around. Kim says she and Barry are trying to figure out finances and properties. [My theory on the boat is that Kim plans to use it as an AirBNB property.] Barry ignores Ken if they see each other when handing the girls off. Kim hopes that Barry will find a girlfriend.

Olivia is in Phoenix visiting her sister, who was previously called “Lydia Grace” to distinguish her from Lydia Plath; this season she’s “Lyd.” Olivia explains that Lyd moved to Phoenix after she and her boyfriend C.J. broke up. Olivia has made a short-term move to LA and is enjoying it, plus she can see Lyd more often. They talk about Oliva’s divorce. Olivia still cares about Ethan, and she doesn’t want to push him, but she’s ready to finalize it. Her life is much more peaceful. They joke about Lyd’s visible box of condoms. Lyd doesn’t know how Olivia talks to guys in bars without anything happening. Olivia says she sets boundaries. Lyd says Olivia wants a soul mate, while she herself is “not a relationship-type person.”

Moriah is working as a server and bartender at a restaurant called Giorgio’s in Tallahassee. She’s working as much as she can so that she can save up to record music. There’s a TikTok of her making a mint chocolate martini. She doesn’t like serving as much as bartending; it’s “more manual labor.” She likes getting out and seeing people.

In Cairo, Micah is visiting; the girls are with Kim; and Moriah, Lydia, and Issac are at home. Ethan arrives for a visit. It seems very fake that he would just now be telling them about his divorce, but they’re having that conversation. Barry can see in his eyes that he’s going through stuff. It’s fall now and they’ve been separated since February. Everyone receives the news solemnly. Moriah says in a TH that she shouldn’t have “let things be issues” with Ethan the previous year. Ethan says it’s ironic that he didn’t see his family because Olivia didn’t want to see them, and now he and Olivia have split and his family is still here for him. He tells them that he told Olivia he didn’t want to file for divorce. Barry tells him not to rush and he says he’s surprised that Olivia wanted to rush [it’s not a rush!]. The others leave Barry and Ethan to talk about their divorces. Ethan acknowledges that he’s depressed and feels like a failure. Barry says he “did so much to make it work” and Ethan wonders why she can’t see that. Barry says it’s not about him. Ethan says in a TH that it’s been the hardest year of his life and he feels like a different person. He appreciates his dad’s encouragement, and he recognizes that he’s only 25. Barry tells him not to rebound into a new relationship. Ethan says in the TH that if Barry can get through this, so can he. Barry tells Ethan that if he wants to see the girls, he’ll have to visit Kim.

Back in Phoenix, Olivia and Lyd are visiting a tarot card reader so Olivia can get a reading. Olivia reminds us that it would have been considered occult by her family. The reader says she’s a water soul, and her recently deceased brother is her guardian angel. She tells us about his death for the first time in a TH, crying. Her siblings leaned on religion, and she’s not sure what she thinks. The reader says she sees abandonment and Olivia needs to move on from that. The reader says that she will be married only once and will have two children. Olivia says she “just got divorced” and the reader says that she needs to be patient and give him time to grow. She and Ethan will both have two other relationships, and then reunite in two years. In the TH, she says that if you say “never” it will happen, so she doesn’t want to say never, but “I don’t like those cards!” The reader says she feels like a fool; does she feel like she wasted her time? She says sometimes, but not really. Has she forgiven him? She thinks so, but the reader says forgiveness comes in steps. Olivia can’t get over this prediction. She’s glad “Lydia Grace” came with her.

Next time: Micah dozes while Lydia sings; Olivia and Lyd go to a bar; Ethan, Micah, and Moriah go to the marina to see Kim and the girls. Ethan says he hasn’t seen his mom for about two years [maybe not since Joshua’s memorial?].

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 6

On 8/1/2024 at 5:05 PM, Hane said:

I actually saw the video clip in which he said that! It was on Fundie Fridays’ fifth-year compilation video on YouTube. It was a split second, but in it he said something about JRod being interested in him and he noped out.

Jill rod wanted to fix up Ethan and nurie. Maybe she can throw Renee at him now 🤣

3 hours ago, MayMay1123 said:

Jill rod wanted to fix up Ethan and nurie. Maybe she can throw Renee at him now 🤣

Jill wouldn’t touch the Plaths with a ten foot pole. The only one she seems to allow near her children is the only one not on the show. Hosanna. 

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Jill wouldn’t touch the Plaths with a ten foot pole. The only one she seems to allow near her children is the only one not on the show. Hosanna. 

Yeah, since Kim went off the rails and the kids temporarily rebelled, Jill backed off. But Ethan confirmed that Jill tried to hook him up with Nurie before the fame bug hit. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Yeah, since Kim went off the rails and the kids temporarily rebelled, Jill backed off. But Ethan confirmed that Jill tried to hook him up with Nurie before the fame bug hit. 

Yes, I’m sure that was way back when Nurie and Ethan were single. Around 6 years ago or so. 

31 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Yes, I’m sure that was way back when Nurie and Ethan were single. Around 6 years ago or so. 

It would have been right around the time they filmed the first season. They're on Season 6 now. I can't believe the shitshow has lasted this long. They're just a huge mess now. 

• Upvote 3

The way Ethan said the bit about him not being interested came across pretty shitty imo. As if nobody sane could ever be interested in Nurie. Maybe he explained more about how she's a nice girl but her mom is insane and they just didn't show it but it made me dislike him more.

• Upvote 3

@MariaariaM, from the split-second clip I saw, I got the impression his aversion was aimed at Jill, and wanting to avoid having her in his life in any way.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Hane said:

@MariaariaM, from the split-second clip I saw, I got the impression his aversion was aimed at Jill, and wanting to avoid having her in his life in any way.

Very likely, but that's not how it would come across to the public at large, who've never heard of Jill.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, MariaariaM said:

Very likely, but that's not how it would come across to the public at large, who've never heard of Jill.

I thought Ethan handled it fine. All he said was that he never dated her. He didn’t say he wasn’t interested in her, or that a guy would be crazy to date her. He said, “Jill Rodrigues had her sights on me” not “Nurie wanted to date me.” Just like a woman shouldn’t have to justify why she doesn’t want to date a man, a man shouldn’t have to justify why he didn’t date a certain woman. I just kind of assumed he was already interested in Olivia when Jill was advertising Nurie.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3

If you jump to 7:01 on this video by Dani Green you'll see Ethan addressing the question about Nurie. Ethan said it was Jill who had her sights on him for Nurie. 

@JDuggsgave the wording above, here's a copy of the clip. 

Edited by ifosterkittens
Added more
  • Thank You 3

Last night’s episode was Moriah’s big apology to Olivia. They talked and were nice to each other. Moriah just wanted to give an overall “I’m sorry” while Olivia was hoping that Moriah could have stated explicitly that 1) Olivia didn’t steal Moriah’s music/money and 2) Olivia didn’t lie about Kim stealing money from Ethan through the credit card/MLM scheme. Moriah didn’t want to delve into details. Olivia said that she has made mistakes too, but not given any grace, so she wanted to extend that grace to Moriah. Today Olivia posted a bunch of stuff about insincere apologies in her IG stories, so it’s pretty clear she didn’t find Moriah’s actions well-intentioned. It was more to relieve her guilt.

Moriah did quietly and quickly make the statement that Olivia shouldn’t have dealt with the credit card issue publicly. But if Olivia didn’t explicitly state what her issues were with Kim, the public would assume that Olivia is just a whiner. Olivia’s not perfect, but I’m totally Team Olivia. She’s so much happier and better off without the Plaths.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 4

12 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

Last night’s episode was Moriah’s big apology to Olivia. They talked and were nice to each other. Moriah just wanted to give an overall “I’m sorry” while Olivia was hoping that Moriah could have stated explicitly that 1) Olivia didn’t steal Moriah’s music/money and 2) Olivia didn’t lie about Kim stealing money from Ethan through the credit card/MLM scheme. Moriah didn’t want to delve into details. Olivia said that she has made mistakes too, but not given any grace, so she wanted to extend that grace to Moriah. Today Olivia posted a bunch of stuff about insincere apologies in her IG stories, so it’s pretty clear she didn’t find Moriah’s actions well-intentioned. It was more to relieve her guilt.

Moriah did quietly and quickly make the statement that Olivia shouldn’t have dealt with the credit card issue publicly. But if Olivia didn’t explicitly state what her issues were with Kim, the public would assume that Olivia is just a whiner. Olivia’s not perfect, but I’m totally Team Olivia. She’s so much happier and better off without the Plaths.

I think what a lot of people don’t realize is that an entire family of completely fucked up behaviors tends to bring outsiders down to their level. Olivia was brought down the their level and that’s when she made a lot of her mistakes. Now that she’s mostly free of them, they can’t bring her down anymore. So they will bring each other down now. 

• Upvote 8