IGNORED

Trace Bates 2: Dating A Poor Persecuted Refugee with A Purpose?

nelliebelle1197

31 minutes ago, just_ordinary said:

I think that’s a general issues with very tall teenagers though. Most hunch so they don’t stand out, towering over their peers in general - at least in most cases. Maybe it’s different with the much more intense sport culture in US schools (there are definitely no school teams, school competitions or even many school extra sport opportunities here, that’s all done after school) so even our tall teenage boys are more likely to be conscious about their height in school. And yes, tall females have definitely another layer of being self conscious in regard to their height and males.

Being a tall female in the US is definitely a double edged sword. Everyone wants you to play sports and think you must be amazing at basketball. But then you can’t date anyone shorter than you because of gender roles. So it is a whole mind fuck of both good and bad when it comes to being a tall teen girl. 

• Upvote 6

On 12/13/2021 at 4:31 PM, ModestisHottest said:

I'm not an expert but my husband did come to the US on a K-1 visa and I do remember part of the process was having to answer questions about whether or not he'd ever been here illegally.  I'm not sure what happens if you say you have been here illegally though. Maybe it doesn't automatically exclude you but I'm sure it doesn't help!

She will have to return to Germany and apply from there. I am sponsoring a Mexican man married to an American woman and he had to go back to his state and apply at the consul. Then it will be up to the US consul in Germany as to whether she can get back in. Marrying Trace will not be an answer to staying here - the consul does not have to approve her return visa. My friend was detained for a few weeks even though he came here at 14 on his own and has been married to an American for 18 years, owns a home and has two children.

Edited by nelliebelle1197
  • Upvote 6
  • Love 7

• 3 weeks later...

Found this picture of the Romeike family plus Trace on Lydia‘s brother’s insta. My, but they look so very German… 😂

Spoiler

5A38D851-7585-455D-8ED2-7A9052C739D9.jpeg.2f33fd5a2bb61875452f2b947feffe82.jpeg 

Anyway, seems he’s pretty much part of the family already.

Edited by Nothing if not critical
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 5

On 1/20/2022 at 3:11 PM, Nothing if not critical said:

Found this picture of the Romeike family plus Trace on Lydia‘s brother’s insta. My, but they look so very German… 😂

Hide contents

5A38D851-7585-455D-8ED2-7A9052C739D9.jpeg.2f33fd5a2bb61875452f2b947feffe82.jpeg 

Anyway, seems he’s pretty much part of the family already.

I am pretty sure that picture was taken at Katie's wedding, which means her while family was invited. They could be family friends or it could be a sign that Trace and Lydia will be engaged soon.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

Lydia is skiing with some of the Bates in Breckinridge, CO right now, per her and Josie's Instagram. Engagement on the slopes? Not sure if all the parental units are there to make it a fundy-approved event, though.

With the Bates no longer being filmed, maybe Nathan will shock us and get engaged without the whole family observing. [Like a normal modern person!]

• Upvote 5

I also think they will be engaged soon too. This is his second serious relationship. He’s going to lock it down ASAP. 

• Upvote 10

On 1/4/2022 at 2:00 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Being a tall female in the US is definitely a double edged sword. Everyone wants you to play sports and think you must be amazing at basketball. But then you can’t date anyone shorter than you because of gender roles. So it is a whole mind fuck of both good and bad when it comes to being a tall teen girl. 

My friend who was 6' as a teen partially fell in love (and married) a man who was "the first person I kissed looking up."

• Upvote 2

I don't think Lydia will have to go anywhere for them to get married. I (an American) married a German (not a US resident) in New York 3 years ago and no one asked anything about our immigration status. We had to show ID (he used his passport) and state our places of birth but that was it. No social security number required. If she has a driver's license the fact that she's not American may not even come up. 

Marrying Trace won't give her legal status, but I'm pretty sure she can get married and then just continue staying the way she's been doing. 

ETA: I don't agree that it's fair for Lydia to have to go back to Europe and wait months to be able to come back if she wants legal status. Her parents brought her to the US illegally as a child and that's not her fault. She's like any other Dreamer as far as I'm concerned, shitty beliefs or not. 

Edited by lumpentheologie
  • Upvote 24
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

On 1/26/2022 at 10:25 AM, HereticHick said:

With the Bates no longer being filmed, maybe Nathan will shock us and get engaged without the whole family observing. [Like a normal modern person!]

I think a Nathan egagement would be shocking, so soon after his wedding!  🤣

I assume you mean Trace?

• Haha 22

1 hour ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I assume you mean Trace?

As if I can keep these mediocre Southern white boys apart.😁 Trace, Colt, Dakota, Trig, Steele, Zeke, Wade, whatever.

What ever that undereducated-dubiously-employed manboy's name is-- it will be interesting if we start to see the impact of the UpTV revenue stream going dry on events like engagements and weddings.  

I don't think we will see the a bunch of family members trekking to as many surprise "destination engagement ceremonies" (like past "surprise trips" to Key West, Utah, Italy, Orlando) in the future.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 18
  • I Agree 1

1 minute ago, HereticHick said:

As if I can keep these mediocre Southern white boys apart.😁 Trace, Colt, Dakota, Trig, Steele, Zeke, Wade, whatever.

What ever that undereducated-dubiously-employed manboy's name is-- it will be interesting if we start to see the impact of the UpTV revenue stream going dry on events like engagements and weddings.  

I don't think we will see the a bunch of family members trekking to as many surprise "destination engagement ceremonies" (like past "surprise trips" to Key West, Utah, Italy, Orlando) in the future.

I think of Trace as Great Value Lawson.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 30

4 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I assume you mean Trace?

On the other hand it might be an interesting Bates family/Sister Wives combo show. Imagine what happens when an ardent fundamentalist receives a message from God that he is to engage in plural marriage.

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 15

Just now, Audrey2 said:

On the other hand it might be an interesting Bates family/Sister Wives combo show. Imagine what happens when an ardent fundamentalist receives a message from God that he is to engage in plural marriage.

I don’t know if I want to laugh, cry or throw up at the thought! Too many emotions. Probably depends on how vile I think the patriarch is. Considering the ego it takes to think god wants you to have a personal harem, probably only the truly awful ones would want/do it.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

TLC put many polygamists on television. With the exception of the Browns, every single one of them was basically the Duggars/Bates with polygamy.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Lydia’s brother is a male model. I’m sorry but he’s going to be exposed to a lot of worldliness as a model. I’m betting he won’t get married for a long time and if he does, she won’t be a meek sheltered fundie girl. 

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Lydia’s brother is a male model. I’m sorry but he’s going to be exposed to a lot of worldliness as a model. I’m betting he won’t get married for a long time and if he does, she won’t be a meek sheltered fundie girl. 

Maybe someone who splits the difference like Tiffany?

• Upvote 2

Is Trace employed besides picking up gigs with Chad? Is Lydia going to be the main provider, a la Tiffany, from her photography and modeling jobs? The Bates men are duds.

• Upvote 6

10 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Maybe someone who splits the difference like Tiffany?

I’m hoping he turns out more like Micah Plath 😄

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Are you confusing her with Lydia Plath, or are there two fundie families with daughters named Lydia and sons who are models?

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Are you confusing her with Lydia Plath, or are there two fundie families with daughters named Lydia and sons who are models?

No, Lydia’s brother Christian is a model. She’s tagged him in some pics on her Instagram if you want to check him out. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

16 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

No, Lydia’s brother Christian is a model. She’s tagged him in some pics on her Instagram if you want to check him out. 

Her brother also posted a set of pictures he did with Trace and Warden. 

On another note, it seems Trace is getting into making reels for everyone on Instagram. . 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

It's an odd coincidence, isn't it? Except with Micah Plath, I sort of get the hype, because damn, that kid is gorgeous! Doesn't come across as too bright, tbh, but definitely not lacking in the looks department. Whereas with Christian Romeike, I'm just... meh. As far as I'm concerned, he looks just like most of the boys in my daughter's class. But hey, there is no accounting for taste. (FWIW, my 16-year-old agrees with both assessments).

And that was my shallow post for this month. Sorry!

• Upvote 5

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic