IGNORED

Jeremiah & Hannah 2: Flight Instructor Jeremiah Married Hannah Wissman: Exclusive to US!

nelliebelle1197

I can’t express how disturbing it is to think about another Duggar couple possibly having 19 kids in total. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 11

1 hour ago, CanadianMamam said:

Carlin Bates had a YouTube where you could see a Christmas card from Lauren and Josiah where Lauren looked pregnant on her fridge. Plus Lauren looking possibly pregnant in Jed and Katey's gender reveal plus the lack of acknowledgemebt about the blue streak ending. 

I think it is very possible that the non-Medicorprs sibs have no interest in public announcements. the reality is any announcement is going to lead to a reference to Josh and I would nope out of it. The MediScam/influencer siblings have vested interest in staying in the public eye, the others don't.

Same as Tori Bates-Smith, who just delivered number 4. Kendra and Tori seem to be in a race. 

At least Tori is soon to be 26. Kendra just turned 24!

• Upvote 7

11 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I can’t express how disturbing it is to think about another Duggar couple possibly having 19 kids in total. 

Kendra is only 24I. If she keeps having babies 16 months or so apart, she will have 16 kids by 40. My uterus hurts just thinking about that. 

Tori's spacing is actually tighter than Kendra's and gets tighter with each pregnancy. But with her current place, she will also reach 16 by 40. 

I do hope the clotting disorder will slow her down. 

• Upvote 14

5 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

Kendra is only 24I. If she keeps having babies 16 months or so apart, she will have 16 kids by 40. My uterus hurts just thinking about that. 

That’s not even leaving room for multiples. 

• Upvote 15

@JermajestyDuggar, I am horrified at a Duggar or Bates couple reaching 12 children which Tori and Kendra at a minimum will certainly hit. It makes me more relieved than ever that Jana isn't married and Micheal can't have children.

• Upvote 10

It's probably silly optimism to even suggest such a thing, but maybe they both have a bunch in their 20s and then stop. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

Tori's spacing is actually tighter than Kendra's and gets tighter with each pregnancy. But with her current place, she will also reach 16 by 40. 

I do hope the clotting disorder will slow her down. 

Which really highlights how incredibly closely spaced  Michelle and Kelly Jo’s pregnancies were. Both had their first births at about 22.  I went and scrolled through the birth dates - there were quite a few 16 - 18 month gaps — but  SO many at only 13 months apart! And year after year after year.  Interesting the largest gaps either had was between their 16th and 17th (about 2 years) . Especially considering neither started particularly young, or kept having children particularly late — it’s just a stunning number of children. 

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 2

I also think the fact that Bobby comes from a small family will factor in. What can be done with fewer kids can not be replicated when you have a mega family, and perhaps that will ultimately affect the Smiths’ final family size?  OTOH, Kendra was the oldest of a larger family who seemed to have very little, and we all know how Joe was raised, so treating their kids like just another litter of puppies might not bother them as much. 

Let’s hope the adage “If you know better you do better” applies.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

23 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Kendra also doesn't have the clotting disorder and I wouldn't be surprised if Joe was more quiverfull than Bobby.

Which one has a clotting disorder? And what disorder? 

15 minutes ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

Tori has one the clotting disorders that the Bates sisters have, though she doesn't appear to have as many as Carlin/Erin/Michal, who all have multiple clotting disorders 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, CanadianMamam said:

Tori has one the clotting disorders that the Bates sisters have, though she doesn't appear to have as many as Carlin/Erin/Michal, who all have multiple clotting disorders 

Josie and Katie also have one or more clotting disorders. I think the only married sister who doesn't have any is Alyssa.

• Upvote 6

15 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

Which really highlights how incredibly closely spaced  Michelle and Kelly Jo’s pregnancies were. Both had their first births at about 22.  I went and scrolled through the birth dates - there were quite a few 16 - 18 month gaps — but  SO many at only 13 months apart! And year after year after year.  Interesting the largest gaps either had was between their 16th and 17th (about 2 years) . Especially considering neither started particularly young, or kept having children particularly late — it’s just a stunning number of children. 

Especially for KJ it is crazy.

Michelle had 2 sets of twins and, as far as we know, only lost 2 pregnancies, while KJ lost 4 and only had singletons.

• Upvote 14

16 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

I'm curious about Nurie Keller's spacing. The first two will be about 12-13 months apart, she could have a huge number of children if she continues that pace. 

• Upvote 10

8 hours ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

All of the oldest Bates daughters except Alyssa have blood clotting disorder that complicates pregnancy. So far Tori has had an easier time with the disorder, but she has it. So do Michael, Erin, Carlin, and Josie. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, SorenaJ said:

I'm curious about Nurie Keller's spacing. The first two will be about 12-13 months apart, she could have a huge number of children if she continues that pace. 

As I recall Jill Rodrigues had at least seven children in rapid succession before slowing down a bit. By the time her younger children were born there was more significant spacing.

Edited by Audrey2
  • Upvote 7

19 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

My maternal grandmother "only" had 8 kids, but she had 4 in 5 years, took a deliberate 6.5 year break and then had another 4 in 6 years. Two sets of children are 13 months apart. Her fertility was incredible, looking at it. 

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 2

4 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

My maternal grandmother "only" had 8 kids, but she had 4 in 5 years, took a deliberate 6.5 year break and then had another 4 in 6 years. Two sets of children are 13 months apart. Her fertility was incredible, looking at it. 

What an interesting way to plan a big family!  I could see how if you really wanted a bunch of children, but wanted to spare some of the complete constant baby/toddler/ dependent overwhelm that would be a good way to go. Able to enjoy each set more. But not so huge a break that you’re starting all over with nearly grown kids. 

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Mama Mia said:

What an interesting way to plan a big family!  I could see how if you really wanted a bunch of children, but wanted to spare some of the complete constant baby/toddler/ dependent overwhelm that would be a good way to go. Able to enjoy each set more. But not so huge a break that you’re starting all over with nearly grown kids. 

I don't think it was entirely intentional. According to my mom, when my mom went to school, my grandma got lonely/found they house really empty and so she had more kids. Then my grandfather died when the youngest was 3, so no idea if they would have had another. 

• Upvote 6

6 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

As I recall Jill Rodrigues had at least seven children in rapid succession before slowing down a bit. By the time her younger children were born there was more significant spacing.

Yes, this definitely happens. Jill Rod had her first 9 in 9 years. Sharia Hale had her first 7 in 7 years. Kress and Rachel Smith Morton both started out having kids in rapid succession but they are now more spread out. This happens a lot. I think it’s possible many of these young fundies will have their kids more spaced out as time goes on. 

• Upvote 9

Okay - never been pregnant - we adopted our kiddo at birth. But how the HECK are these women having babies every year? I have NEVER been as tired as I was when my son came home. I would fall asleep at the drop of a hat (fell asleep on the phone with my sister one night). To even THINK about mustering enough energy to fool around with my husband with weeks of bringing a baby home (let alone actually giving BIRTH to the little blessing). Good gourd. I had enough to just get through the day - between baby yack and other substances that come from babies, from not enough sleep, feeling like a shower was a distant dream... how the heck do they even DO this... 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 7

46 minutes ago, Meggo said:

Okay - never been pregnant - we adopted our kiddo at birth. But how the HECK are these women having babies every year? I have NEVER been as tired as I was when my son came home. I would fall asleep at the drop of a hat (fell asleep on the phone with my sister one night). To even THINK about mustering enough energy to fool around with my husband with weeks of bringing a baby home (let alone actually giving BIRTH to the little blessing). Good gourd. I had enough to just get through the day - between baby yack and other substances that come from babies, from not enough sleep, feeling like a shower was a distant dream... how the heck do they even DO this... 

I know right? 9 kids in 9 years? WTH. And at least for Erin and Alyssa, always appear put together, clean house, twice a week services, PT jobs for awhile. Too much, way too much. Maybe being really young helps???

• Upvote 3

On 8/31/2022 at 9:31 AM, backyard sylph said:

It's probably silly optimism to even suggest such a thing, but maybe they both have a bunch in their 20s and then stop. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It’s always possible. That’s kind of what I did. I got sucked into the QF stuff for a few years, had 4 babies in my 20s, and then realized that having any more would be catastrophic for my mental health and so stopped. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 16

Whether or not they feel like they have energy to fool around with their husbands, fundy girls tend to be raised that they need to be joyfully available to their husbands. I'm guessing most don't even question whether they have energy or not because they were taught to think of Jesus than others than yourself.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2