IGNORED

Coronavirus 8: One Million Dead in 2022 and We're Only in August

Coconut Flan

Get well soon @Coconut Flan ♥️ Glad you had a mild case. Did you get Paxlovid?

• Thank You 1

Posted (edited)

The doctor and I discussed Paxlovid and since I called her on Thursday and was no better on Friday, she sent in a prescription.  I was to start it on Saturday if I was still no better.  Thankfully I was improving by then.  Paxlovid interacts with two of my meds so I'd have had to stop them.  That's not a big problem.  But she said the side effects of Paxlovid are almost exactly the same as the FLIRT variant symptoms and matched my symptoms very well so taking it can make you feel like your COVID has gotten worse.  Bottom line is I have the Paxlovid, but did't take it and apparently didn't need it.  I was back to my usual morning gardening and walk this morning with no breathing issues, sick feeling, or extra tiredness.  

Lupus is surprising like this sometimes.  It causes the body to jump on an infection quickly and can help wipe it out quickly or it can decide to join the party and prolong feeling sick and even activate a lupus flare.  You never know which you'll get.  I did take a health food store potion for influenza and it seemed to help.  

My kids are keeping a close eye on me.  Daughter's MIL got blood clots in her lungs and spent close to a week in the hospital and still gets short of breath walking down the hall in the house.

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Upvote 4
  • Love 4

Thanks. I didn't get a spring vax so am waiting for the new ones to drop.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

I stumbled across a local article online that gave me which places in town have the brand new turn variant updated COVID vaccine. Yes, I am scheduled for a 9:30 a.m. COVID shot tomorrow morning!

• Upvote 1
  • Love 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, FiveAcres said:

Thank you. Just ordered some.

Happy to help! I try to keep up with the latest Covid news even though the world has pretty much moved on. I really hope someone gets a nasal vaccine released ASAP. That would have me retiring my KN-95s.

Or even this: https://www.news-medical.net/news/20240925/Novel-nasal-spray-shows-promise-in-preventing-respiratory-infections.aspx

• Upvote 2

Not that advanced, but I believe it had something to do with the mildness of the COVID I had and it's short duration.  My PCP recommends Simply Saline and rinse and gargle with mouthwash with cetylpyridinium chloride several times a day if you know you've been exposed, think you might be coming down with COVID, or the first days of known COVID.  It seems to reduce the number of virus particles.  It stands to reason that interfering with attachment and growth of the amount of virus can help with a lot of viruses.

The PCANS "ingredients are pectin, gellan, polysorbate 80, benzalkonium chloride, and phenethyl alcohol."  Nothing exciting about the ingredients lists but how wonderful if it works...

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Thank You 4

Bona Fide Masks is having a sale, 25% off with code BFM25.

Their white Powecom KN95s are $10.70/10 right now, which is only $8.03 with the discount. I think shipping is free.

https://bonafidemasks.com/Powecom-kn-95/

Stay safe. Hope you're all well. 💗

• Upvote 3