IGNORED

William & Kate 2

Coconut Flan
Destiny
Message added by Destiny,

If you want to discuss downvotes and the use thereof, take it to CD please.

Continued from here:

What is the one thing you'd want to do if you were royal?

• Thank You 1

The main thing I’d want is housekeeping. Second is their medical care (can you tell I’m in the US?). But overall I’d love help with cleaning & laundry. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

I think I'd take their travel. It must be nice to be able to go anywhere you want in the world at a moment's notice. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

10 minutes ago, viii said:

I think I'd take their travel. It must be nice to be able to go anywhere you want in the world at a moment's notice. 

The travel sounds great. But the tours actually sound god awful exhausting. They have to be on almost every minute. 

• I Agree 4

Oh, I don't mean their tours. That's a hard pass. I mean it must be nice to take planes and helicopters across the country to visit your third home or taking a private plane and deciding to fly randomly to Mustique, etc. They get pretty swanky vacations whenever they want. 

• Upvote 5

The travel (don’t even mind the tours) and the clothes 😉

Is anyone else disappointed by the latest photo? I don’t mind a photo of them smiling the evening before the funeral. They smiled when they did walkabouts to look at the flowers and they surely smiled at the evening engagement. But the photo is a bad one. It’s nor here nor there. They look almost a bit ambushed. Stand together and smile- click-think you and bye. If they wanted to publish a snapshot of them being the new Fab Four, they should have done one of those fake snap shot ones, that look as if the photographer snapped it while nobody noticed. But I would have preferred to get a posed picture. With all of them in black it could have been really really cool. The monarchies need more Winterhalter moments if you ask me. 

3 hours ago, viii said:

I just like it because it looks like Kate is grabbing William's butt and that makes me laugh. 

Well, she has been photographed doing that in the past. 😆

• Haha 1

Right? Is it going be King Willam V and Queen Kate? Sounds like the title of a 1940’s screwball comedy or she is an  old west saloon Madame or Mississippi Riverboat. 

1 hour ago, KnittingOwl said:

Can we please call her Catherine now?

We can. But what is so bad about the nickname she has been going by for years? It‘s not like we adress her with it in a formal setting.

I find it a lot more annoying that people still use Middleton all the time. I mean, it‘s a nice name but she legally dropped it 11 years ago.

• I Agree 7
  • Thank You 1

Yeah, I doubt that she cares people call her Kate still. I'm sure the majority of people in her life call her Kate. 

• I Agree 1

10 minutes ago, viii said:

Yeah, I doubt that she cares people call her Kate still. I'm sure the majority of people in her life call her Kate. 

From what I’ve heard, it seems like William and her family call her Catherine and more causal acquaintances (and possibly college friends) call her Kate. It’s dimilar to some of the more standard, traditional men’s names that have lots of nicknames. Amongst their peers they go by Bob, Dan, and Dave, but to their parents, spouse, and close friends they’re Robert, Daniel, and David.

• Upvote 2

I feel like William calls her Kate in private and Catherine in formal, public settings. I mean, he called her Kate for the decade that he knew her before they were married. I doubt the day they were wed he stopped calling her by her common name. Although I could be wrong - the BRF are weird in a lot of ways. I also never realized until a couple of years ago that they have to bow and curtsy to one another... IN PRIVATE. Shit like that is ridiculous and why I don't blame Harry for running, lol. 

• Upvote 6

Really.  I thought surely by now they'd given up in private curtsying and bowing.  Maybe Charles and Camilla will kill that ancient custom.  

• Love 1

I mean I am sure the younger family members or Sophie Wessex who seems down to earth aren’t going to get upset or offended if they don’t get that deference.  I really think the bowing and curtsying is to Camilla and Charles exclusively. The very elderly just do by lifetime habit of course. 

• I Agree 1

I've mentioned this before in another thread somewhere, but the one thing I'd want to do if I suddenly found myself royal is disappear for awhile into some of the palaces and castles and explore their nooks and crannies. Especially the libraries and attics. Maybe take Lucy Worsley with me; as chief curator of Historic Royal Palaces she has my dream job and she'd be a lot of fun to wander around some of these places with! 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, prayawaythefundie said:

We can. But what is so bad about the nickname she has been going by for years? It‘s not like we adress her with it in a formal setting.

I find it a lot more annoying that people still use Middleton all the time. I mean, it‘s a nice name but she legally dropped it 11 years ago.

I think then we should say Will & Kate. I dislike William and Kate. I feel like it’s more respect for him than for her. Maybe it’s just my own personal annoyance. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, KnittingOwl said:

I think then we should say Will & Kate. I dislike William and Kate. I feel like it’s more respect for him than for her. Maybe it’s just my own personal annoyance. 

Fine by me but I think his nickname used to be Wills (or sometimes Wombat but that was probably exclusive to Diana).

Edited by prayawaythefundie
  • Upvote 1

Allow me to speak plainly please, thinking about names was at the bottom of my list today.  So many places are colloquially William and Kate that it doesn't hit my radar.  Bur what you may not have noticed is I have a broken hand recovering from surgery, I developed pericarditis yesterday, I spent a lot of yesterday and today getting a prescription sent to LA as I'm stuck here until hand heals, and I had a bad reaction to the monthly medical treatment I get here.  Be happy for a new thread, please.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 8

1 hour ago, Coconut Flan said:

Allow me to speak plainly please, thinking about names was at the bottom of my list today.  So many places are colloquially William and Kate that it doesn't hit my radar.  Bur what you may not have noticed is I have a broken hand recovering from surgery, I developed pericarditis yesterday, I spent a lot of yesterday and today getting a prescription sent to LA as I'm stuck here until hand heals, and I had a bad reaction to the monthly medical treatment I get here.  Be happy for a new thread, please.  

I’m so sorry! Heal quickly and rest!! 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

3 hours ago, Loveday said:

I've mentioned this before in another thread somewhere, but the one thing I'd want to do if I suddenly found myself royal is disappear for awhile into some of the palaces and castles and explore their nooks and crannies. Especially the libraries and attics. Maybe take Lucy Worsley with me; as chief curator of Historic Royal Palaces she has my dream job and she'd be a lot of fun to wander around some of these places with! 

This this this.

The only benefit being royal over being rich is getting to dig in all the history.

I saw some snippet of a show with Charles in it and he was casually showing some drawings and other papers that had been done by some previous monarch (I don't remember the specifics). What struck me was just how casually he was like yep here's a bunch of cool historical stuff I look at when I'm a bit bored that will never be public or documented outside the family

Edited by WatchingTheTireFireBurn
Confusing typo. Charles not me!
  • Upvote 5

50 minutes ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

This this this.

The only benefit being royal over being rich is getting to dig in all the history.

I saw some snippet of a show with Charles in it and he was casually showing some drawings and other papers that had been done by some previous monarch (I don't remember the specifics). What struck me was just how casually he was like yep here's a bunch of cool historical stuff I look at when I'm a bit bored that will never be public or documented outside the family

And of course he must take it for granted a bit, why wouldn't he? It's his own family's historical stuff! Ugh. Come on, Your Majesty, at least give a couple of scholars a little access to all that, so they can write a book or create a documentary series or two! Don't keep it all to yourself! 😆

• Upvote 3

I imagine they have so much stuff there's just no way anybody can process it all or even a portion. Who would track it? Keep it secure? Get funding? Etc.

There's times when Lucy Worsley goes to these libraries or depositories of documents and there's row after row/shelf after shelf of old papers and stuff.

And that's the stuff somebody felt the need to preserve in a formal manner.

• Upvote 2

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic