IGNORED

Doug Wilson 2: Christian Nationalism, Dominionism and Excuses for Abuse

nelliebelle1197

On 8/9/2024 at 9:17 PM, hoipolloi said:

The NPR podcast Extremely American has a new season on Christian nationalism which focuses on Wilson & his Christo-fascist empire. 

I'm glad that they're focusing on the sexual abuse scandals. It seems like most "examinations" of Moscow/DW spend a lot of time talking about the dominionism and nationalism, and a lot less time on the enabling and protecting.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

On 8/11/2024 at 10:03 AM, Columbia said:

I'm glad that they're focusing on the sexual abuse scandals. It seems like most "examinations" of Moscow/DW spend a lot of time talking about the dominionism and nationalism, and a lot less time on the enabling and protecting.

To be fair, the two tend to go hand in hand.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

• 3 weeks later...

It's possible I'm jaded, but I felt Wilson got away relatively lightly - in particular there was plenty of other material about the Sitler case that could have been part of the episode, and a casual listener could have heard the sections on slavery and not fully grasped that the sections read out were written by Wilson (purely because of the framing and who was doing the reading).

• Upvote 1

I'm convinced that Wilson has some sort of personality disorder(s) revolving around sex.  No normal human would go to the lengths that he did to protect Sitler, who has been diagnosed as a "fixated pedophile", considered an incurable compulsion to sexually molest children. He coerced the parents of Sitler's child victims to remain silent.   I feel ill when I think about Sitler's son. 

Wilson has teen girls come into office alone and requires them to tell him in explicit detail about any sexual experiences. 

He protected a man in his congregation who sexually abused his teen aged daughter.  He's protected other sexual abusers as well. 

He wrote a (terribly written) book about the destruction of a female sex robot. 

He denigrates women who don't fit into his particular mold (submissive, heterosexual, sexually compliant) and makes obnoxious references to women's body parts.  He's just an awful, dangerous man. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

• 1 month later...

From the Examining Doug Wilson and Moscow, ID Facebook page, a link to the Sons of Patriarchy Podcast introduction. 

Link here

What was done in the dark, will be dragged to the light

"What happens when biblical patriarchy, christian nationalism, and a theology of authority and submission become the pillars of a movement? Scores of abuse stories in marriages, schools, churches, families, and more. Though these ideas have filtered throughout the United States for decades, they found a home in Moscow, Idaho, through the ministry and work of Doug Wilson. From there, they have influenced churches across the United States, and across the world. In this series, you’ll hear from experts on all aspects of these movements, and the stories of abuse from those who survived. Some are Christian, some are not, but one thing they’ve got in common? They’re finally speaking out. This is their story."

• Thank You 4

On 10/14/2024 at 11:37 AM, Howl said:

From the Examining Doug Wilson and Moscow, ID Facebook page, a link to the Sons of Patriarchy Podcast introduction. 

Link here

What was done in the dark, will be dragged to the light

"What happens when biblical patriarchy, christian nationalism, and a theology of authority and submission become the pillars of a movement? Scores of abuse stories in marriages, schools, churches, families, and more. Though these ideas have filtered throughout the United States for decades, they found a home in Moscow, Idaho, through the ministry and work of Doug Wilson. From there, they have influenced churches across the United States, and across the world. In this series, you’ll hear from experts on all aspects of these movements, and the stories of abuse from those who survived. Some are Christian, some are not, but one thing they’ve got in common? They’re finally speaking out. This is their story."

I listened to it a few weeks ago. Doug is so confident in everything he says. It’s kind of wild to me. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar