IGNORED

Arndts (Safe at Home) 7: Waiting on Wedding Photos

Coconut Flan

30 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Wow. So how many are married now? Are we at half the males married yet?

#4 Luke married in May 2023 (pregnant)

#6 James married Oct 2023

#10 Nathan July 2024

#9 Jacob August 2024

#7 Phillip Sept 2024

So by September, five will be married out of 14 Arndts. But I wouldn’t be surprised if Joanne’s sister Jeanne starts dating a brother. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 10

@JermajestyDuggar thank you! You get all the drinks and treats stocked in the prayer closet for having this info! 

I'm impressed Luke made it a year before they have a baby. Anytime Fundies have some time alone before popping out babies is a good thing in my book. 

so none of us had all these weddings on our bingo cards. Who do you all think will move away (3+ hours away) from the family borg? 

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

@JermajestyDuggar thank you! You get all the drinks and treats stocked in the prayer closet for having this info! 

I'm impressed Luke made it a year before they have a baby. Anytime Fundies have some time alone before popping out babies is a good thing in my book. 

so none of us had all these weddings on our bingo cards. Who do you all think will move away (3+ hours away) from the family borg? 

I believe they had a miscarriage, not sure when that baby was due. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, quiversR4hunting said:

I bet Phillip’s wife feels like the odd one out. All the wives/fiancés seem to get along well and his fiancé is from another country. I wonder if she has anything in common with the other Arndt ladies. If she isn’t close with his family like the others, maybe she wouldn’t care if they move away from his family. 

• Upvote 5

Fundie wiki has an upcoming child (jan-25) listed for Paige and James. Source: This baby registry. Not 100% reliable, I think, but on the other hand, the odds of those two having a kid in the near future is... well, I don't think we would even get our money back on that one :)

977A546E-8D1F-429B-9C81-B19DD54F6E0B_1_201_a.jpeg

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

On 6/17/2024 at 10:52 AM, MariaariaM said:

Is it usual to start a baby registry this early? 

I don't think it is uncommon. A lot of people use it as a shopping list for themselves as well as for gifts. I never had a registry. since I didn't have  traditional showers with any of my kids but I did have lists with things I needed to buy or was planning to buy. Not really that different

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The first of the three weddings in a span of 2 months is tomorrow. Nathan and Courtney are getting married tomorrow. It must be stressful for 3 of your kids to get married in a span of 2 months. But I guess it’s possible when you have that many kids. 

• Upvote 7

A year ago who would have thought that there would be 5 married Arndts and 2 GrandArndts on the way by the end of 2024?

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 21

I never thought any of the Arndt sons would get married.  

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 8

Do the Arndts live in Millstadt, IL?  

• Upvote 1

I swear Wizzy will be a bridesmaid in every single one of these weddings:

4AA92705-978C-435E-A00D-E4F78FB1F823.jpeg

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 7

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I swear Wizzy will be a bridesmaid in every single one of these weddings:

Always a bridesmaid, never a bride.  

I really think the Arndt Pere and Mere intend to keep unmarried Wizzy around to be their caretakers.

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

I really think the Arndt Pere and Mere intend to keep unmarried Wizzy around to be their caretakers.

She recently said in a video she has never met a guy that is as good as her brothers 🙄🙄🙄

• Disgust 3
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Eyeroll 14
  • Haha 2

Having the siblings in the wedding party is normal and expected where I live. It may be cultural for them. Most of the weddings I've been to are Catholic and it may be part of the Arndts' Catholic origins to include her. 

1 hour ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

FJ says this about every unmarried woman and usually they end up getting married (Hannah Girotti, Elizabeth Botkin), moving out (Anna Botkin, Anna Maxwell) or both (Sarah Maxwell, Mary Maxwell). Mary Arndt is still young and will probably get married at some point. 

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

58 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Having the siblings in the wedding party is normal and expected where I live. It may be cultural for them. Most of the weddings I've been to are Catholic and it may be part of the Arndts' Catholic origins to include her. 

FJ says this about every unmarried woman and usually they end up getting married (Hannah Girotti, Elizabeth Botkin), moving out (Anna Botkin, Anna Maxwell) or both (Sarah Maxwell, Mary Maxwell). Mary Arndt is still young and will probably get married at some point. 

I didn’t have my husband’s sisters as bridesmaids. Not everyone does. And plenty of fundies don’t have all their husband’s sisters as their bridesmaids. It’s the fact that Wizzy is the super special only girl that makes her always a bridesmaid in the weddings of her brothers. 

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 2

well most fundies have 12 sisters to have as bridesmaids plus the 12 sister in laws to be and their friends. So with Mary being the only girl, they can add her in each time.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

55 minutes ago, raayx01 said:

well most fundies have 12 sisters to have as bridesmaids plus the 12 sister in laws to be and their friends. So with Mary being the only girl, they can add her in each time.

Even in the smaller fundie families, a bride choosing their husband’s sisters to all be bridesmaids isn’t common.  Fundie brides often already have sisters, cousins, or friends to be bridesmaids. Not everyone marrying into a family will be close with their husband’s sisters. But Wizzy seems to be treated like a princess by her brothers. No wonder she says no guy has ever measured up to her brothers. 

• I Agree 3

15 hours ago, raayx01 said:

Isn’t her real name Elizabeth?

1 hour ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Isn’t her real name Elizabeth?

Yes—Mary Elizabeth.

• Thank You 2

Three names like all the boys. Her full name is Mary-Elizabeth Anne. I assume they tried to call her Lizzy but one of the boys couldn’t say it and called her Wizzy. At least that’s how many nicknames seem to come about in my experience. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

• 2 weeks later...

If Wizzie does get married I'm picturing the ending scene from 27 Dresses, where the main character who had been in 27 weddings is getting married and has each of her bridesmaids whose wedding she were in act as bridesmaids for her wearing the dresses that they had her wear for their wedding. 

image.png.b9dcf96d908c69576f0f41e390c11721.png

• Haha 16