IGNORED

Jana Duggar 16: Living in a Tiny House in Daddy's Backyard, Married, and Moving to Nebraska

Coconut Flan

I wonder if we'll get pictures or any other information on social media too. 

I bet there have been some interesting negotiations between Jana and Jim Bob over to publicize the wedding or not to publicize the wedding and if you publicize it due to sell the story to. 

My impression of Jenna was that she would be perfectly content to lead a quiet, non-public life.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 7

39 minutes ago, RebeccaRay said:

You have a week to get married after you get the license. If it was issued today the wedding most likely isn't happening today but with in the week

In Arkansas the license expires 60 days after the date of issuance, so they have 60 days to get married, although I expect the wedding will be sooner & we know it will occur in Arkansas since that’s where they got the license.

I wonder if they opted for a covenant marriage.

• Upvote 7

16 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

I wonder if we'll get pictures or any other information on social media too. 

I bet there have been some interesting negotiations between Jana and Jim Bob over to publicize the wedding or not to publicize the wedding and if you publicize it due to sell the story to. 

My impression of Jenna was that she would be perfectly content to lead a quiet, non-public life.

Jana has been posting videos a lot more this past summer. They are of older footage. And I wondered if she was posting more now that she’s getting married. It makes me wonder if she plans to keep posting after marriage. Like maybe some home decorating stuff and gardening in their new home. 

• Upvote 10

Jana waiting to get married relieved her of not having to be the first daughter and role model, for once. Jill had to be that first pancake and get broken by JB and his abusive behaviors. Her sisters have done all the firsts and put up with JB's wrath . If she prefers, Jana doesn’t have to have a fundie marriage at all. The Vuolos are coming on 8 years of marriage and have 2 kids. JD and Abbie aren’t quiverful and the Dillards drink alcohol…Jana can just go on her merry way. Short of her marrying a woman, there’s not much JB hasn’t seen or heard out of 1 of his kids.

• Upvote 22
  • I Agree 8

1 hour ago, nolongerIFBx said:

https://cisarkansas.com/index.asp - it is up there for real.

I was getting ready to  put on my professional researcher hat & write a note about how this website isn't a .gov site and looks a little shady, but then I saw that the Washington County, Arkansas (home of Tontitown, Springdale, Fayetteville) Clerk's site links over to it: https://www.washingtoncountyar.gov/government/departments-a-e/county-clerk/marriage-information 

So, that's legit in my eyes. Congrats Jana & Stephen! 

By the way, they have 60 days to get married according to the County Clerk: https://www.washingtoncountyar.gov/government/departments-a-e/county-clerk/marriage-information

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 6

I don't have a good sense of what Stephen looks like--is he in this June 13 reel of his sister Alaythia's (she moved to Arkansas, works for MedicCorps, & is renovating an RV)--she refers to her brother: https://www.instagram.com/p/C8LPKj2s2-C/

• Upvote 2

Screenshot_20240815-131431.thumb.png.0688ab4812336add55d35b6fbd85994a.png

Here's an Instagram story from the wedding venue.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 20

7 minutes ago, indianabones said:

Screenshot_20240815-131431.thumb.png.0688ab4812336add55d35b6fbd85994a.png

Here's an Instagram story from the wedding venue.

That’s pretty. I’m sure Jana will make sure she has a beautiful wedding.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 11

Just now, JermajestyDuggar said:

That’s pretty. I’m sure Jana will make sure she has a beautiful wedding.

Yeah, the venue looks gorgeous. This may just be the classiest Duggar wedding yet!

• Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 7

5 minutes ago, indianabones said:

Yeah, the venue looks gorgeous. This may just be the classiest Duggar wedding yet!

It does and would make sense that Jana has strong opinions. If what @HeartsAFundie noted about major discounts applies at this venue, then Jana is lowkey brilliant and I may have to steal the idea. I'd absolutely get married on a Thursday if it saves me a boatload of money in reception costs so I could have a nicer reception for cheaper.

• Upvote 11

No sundaes in the church parking lot for her!

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 14
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, indianabones said:

Well, until she gets pregnant and repeats the fundie cycle all over again.

She’s 34. If she’s as fertile as her mother she’s going to have 7 kids. I don’t think she’ll have that many. No more than 5 I’d say, more likely 3-4. Not even 7 would be that bad, comparing to the 19 her mother has.

Edited by Cupcake79
Double posting
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

4 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

This brand new venue? Sorry, its too bland and corporate and white for my taste. https://www.thegrandws.com/ 

Jana does seem to have a creative side so I bet she could spice it up a bit. 

• Upvote 5

Wow, surprising news, CinderJana finally getting married 

• Upvote 3
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 4

34 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Jana does seem to have a creative side so I bet she could spice it up a bit. 

I think the place looks lovely. It reminds me of an old mission. 

22 minutes ago, LongTimeLurkerOG said:

Wow, surprising news, CinderJana finally getting married 

They kept it well enough under wraps. I hope she takes a page out of her twin's book and doesn't pop out babies left and right. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

I sure hope that Abbie, Jinger, and Jill have the girls version of the Legos talk with Jana instead Michelle, and I hope that her sisters and sister-in-law give her hints about how not to be constantly pregnant.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 8

I wonder if Jana will have ton of bridesmaids or try to keep it small. She has 8 sisters plus Laura and Abbie who she’s close with. 10 bridesmaids would be a lot. But she’s a fundie and sometimes they have giant wedding parties. 

• Upvote 7

withoutacrystalball has photos of them on her instagram- they look very happy

(not sure if shes private or not)

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 1

This will be the first time Duggar siblings married siblings of another family. And who knows, maybe it won’t be the last time either. It happens so much in fundieland. 

Emily is friends with Jana, so I assume that’s why she’s calling. Maybe they are keeping it small and Emily isn’t invited. And that’s why she’s calling them to probably congratulate them instead of attending. I’m guessing the wedding is livestreaming via zoom at 5:30.

D6BE6713-E3AA-43D4-AD05-350EF0189081.jpeg

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Thank You 4

I finally saw a screen grab of the “tiny” shorts Jana was wearing in one her vids. I wonder if Stephen will allow her to wear them still. Tiny by their standards, normal by most and she rocked them well. 

Oh and I’m at work for the next 8 hours with no access to social media. If pics go up pretty pretty please some one screen grab them and post them. I miss the days of hot duggar wedding threads and baby waits. Nerd me loves the community spirit 

• Upvote 11
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

I finally saw a screen grab of the “tiny” shorts Jana was wearing in one her vids. I wonder if Stephen will allow her to wear them still. Tiny by their standards, normal by most and she rocked them well. 

Oh and I’m at work for the next 8 hours with no access to social media. If pics go up pretty pretty please some one screen grab them and post them. I miss the days of hot duggar wedding threads and baby waits. Nerd me loves the community spirit 

Stephen’s sisters have always worn pants and shorts. So he probably thinks it’s fine. For a long time now, the Wissmanns wear skirts to church and events but pants in much more casual settings. I can’t remember a time when they were strict skirts only like the Duggars. 

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 6

3 hours ago, indianabones said:

Well, until she gets pregnant and repeats the fundie cycle all over again.

Given her age though it is highly unlikely she will have a massive family. Unless she is hyper fertile she will probably end up with less than five kids. 

I think she is quite smart and waited until her 30s for this very reason. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

I just realized Jana’s getting married on her friend Michaela Bateses’ anniversary. I’m betting Michaela is attending the wedding.  I’m sure Michaela doesn’t care that she shares an anniversary with her friend. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 7

A post from Katie Joy:

ABB61AC5-2301-4CEF-BF21-47D23E4EC6D8.jpeg

Since Emily had to zoom at 5:30, I’m speculating the wedding is happening right now. 

• Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank You 5

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Jana Duggar 16: Living in a Tiny House in Daddy's Backyard, Married, and Moving to Nebraska
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic