IGNORED

Jana Duggar 16: Living in a Tiny House in Daddy's Backyard, Married, and Moving to Nebraska

Coconut Flan

I wonder if Jana “pined” for Stephen like Micheal bates did for Brandon. If it wasn’t him it wasn’t anyone…. Kind of attitude.  I am always wary of people who break up and get back together then marry. (If that was the case) as the old adage says, it’s like reading the same book expecting by a different ending. But hey what does this jaded 45 year old single mother know about “gods perfect timing” lol 

• Upvote 11
  • Love 2

42 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Since Emily had to zoom at 5:30, I’m speculating the wedding is happening right now

I wonder if it's like an in person wedding and you get there early enough to get your seat before the procession, etc

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, justpassingthru said:

I wonder if it's like an in person wedding and you get there early enough to get your seat before the procession, etc

That’s possible too. 

• Upvote 2

Pickles has the wedding invitation and I guess a photo from it ... Looks like it could be from an engagement shoot. 

Wow, it does look like this could be the real deal. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 3

Here's my conspiracy theory: the contract Jana signed for People Magazine (I'm assuming it will be People, given that they're the news source the Duggars always go with) specified that during the month leading up to the wedding she needed to increase her follower engagement.

That's why she has to start posting again on her Instagram and her YouTube. Hell, they probably told her to leak her own engagement ring photo and that's why she didn't immediately delete it when people started speculating.

Whatever payout Jana and Stephen get for the wedding photos will make for a very nice honeymoon.

• Upvote 27
  • Love 1

Just now, indianabones said:

Here's my conspiracy theory: the contract Jana signed for People Magazine (I'm assuming it will be People, given that they're the news source the Duggars always go with) specified that during the month leading up to the wedding she needed to increase her follower engagement.

That's why she has to start posting again on her Instagram and her YouTube. Hell, they probably told her to leak her own engagement ring photo and that's why she didn't immediately delete it when people started speculating.

Whatever payout Jana and Stephen get for the wedding photos will make for a very nice honeymoon.

I agree the photos will be leaked eventually anyway they may as well make a buck from it 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

According to the invitation, the wedding was at 6 pm CT. I hope they are feeding the guests dinner. 

• Upvote 8

Since they are older, I think this wedding will be much classier and smaller than the usual Duggar wedding. The 20 year olds getting married basically do whatever their parents say and may not have a ton of money of their own. But Jana and Stephen probably have a bigger wedding budget and know not to serve ice cream in a parking lot in November. 

• Upvote 11
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 2

9 hours ago, justpassingthru said:

It's cheaper to get married that way. Good way to not have a lot of people involved too 

Buy Thursday and save the difference. 

5 hours ago, HereticHick said:

This brand new venue? Sorry, its too bland and corporate and white for my taste. https://www.thegrandws.com/ 

The white could work to make any decorations pop especially greenery or if she waits and does a fall vibe. 

I just checked the oldest 5 daughters’ instagrams and no one has said anything yet

Edited by Father Son Holy Goat
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 15

1 hour ago, indianabones said:

JinJer's House sale just dropped an hour ago on people .com

• Upvote 3

My personal theory is that Jana didn’t want to marry while the show was in progress because she would have been forced to have a giant extravaganza curated by TLC and Jim Bob. She’s never seemed comfortable being the center of attention. I expect the wedding to be a small affair by Duggar/Wissman standards. Guests mostly family, and no cast of thousands in the bridal party. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

Very interesting People article.  Jessa was MOH, and Abbie, Jinger, Joy, Hannie and Jordyn were bridesmaids.  The Wissmanns prepared the food-a complete sit-down chicken dinner-for the reception.   

I like Jana's dress too.  Very simple and classy. 

But the biggest difference.....Jana and Stephen had a first dance!  Is that the first Duggar offspring wedding where the couple danced?  

Edited by HeartsAFundie
  • Upvote 25
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, GutenbergGirl said:

She confirms they dated briefly for a while. And that she was not single by choice all this years.

But the really surprising part is that they danced at the recepcion.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 9
  • Thank You 1

Groomsmen are Wissman brothers (Josiah, Matthias and Nate)  and Rachel's husband Alan. Looks his dad might have been as well. 

• Upvote 9

Oh wow. It's 4 a.m. here and I'm not dissapointed. :bigheart:

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

Time for a new header - Jana's not only married, but she's no longer going to be in Daddy's backyard!

She said in the article she's moving to Nebraska!

• Upvote 16
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 7

6 minutes ago, HeartsAFundie said:

Very interesting People article.  Jessa was MOH, and Abbie, Jinger, Joy, Hannie and Jordyn were bridesmaids.  The Wissmanns prepared the food for the reception.   

But the biggest difference.....Jana and Stephen had a first dance!

oh i love that they did a first dance, how very sweet! and both look great in the photos made public.

was wondering how the wedding party would look - Jessa and Jana have clearly gotten close as adults, the "project" ladies, so only slightly surprised there. Joy Johannah and Abbie were obvious guesses. Interestingly, no Jenny and no Laura. I wonder who was on Stephen's side!

• Upvote 7

Ugg, no Jill in the wedding party. Congrats to the couple.

• Upvote 19
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 8

Sure, I doze off for a bit and the Duggarsnark subreddit explodes LOL Saw that it landed in People

• Upvote 5

Engaged in June and a wedding for 500 in August…that is amazing!

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

I wonder if Jana “pined” for Stephen like Micheal bates did for Brandon. If it wasn’t him it wasn’t anyone…. Kind of attitude.  I am always wary of people who break up and get back together then marry. (If that was the case) as the old adage says, it’s like reading the same book expecting by a different ending. But hey what does this jaded 45 year old single mother know about “gods perfect timing” lol 

that's basically how the article sounds in people magazine.  interesting. 

• Upvote 7

Yep we called it. They were dating back then, broke it off, and then got back together when their paths crossed again.

• Upvote 20

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Jana Duggar 16: Living in a Tiny House in Daddy's Backyard, Married, and Moving to Nebraska
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic