IGNORED

Jana Duggar 16: Living in a Tiny House in Daddy's Backyard, Married, and Moving to Nebraska

Coconut Flan

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Too bad Stephen is such a standard fundie. Unlike Derick who went to college, wasnโ€™t homeschooled, and now has a law degree. Derick is a jerk but heโ€™s not standard issue homeschool fundie like Stephen. She may have no reason to even question if they live a pervert little country life with 4 kids and a hobby farm.

Um, Freudian slip? ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Haha 9

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

a pervert little country life with

Is that meant to be โ€œperfect?โ€ Best. Typo. Ever.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 6
  • Love 4

4 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

Maybe Jenny is more shy and didn't want to do it.

Maybe thats the case, like when Michaella refused to be Erins bridesmaid. Jenni was a really shy child but when she appeared on Joy vlog more recently she seemed more outspoken to me.

• Upvote 5

Itโ€™s funny how so much can be gleaned from small things on social media. We knew they were dating. We knew they broke up. We knew she was engaged. I guess itโ€™s just another lesson of, be careful posting on social media because people can easily figure things out even if you never make a post about it.ย 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 10
  • Love 1

Doh! DS subreddit... someone said Jessa's dress is "revenge for the jewelry box" roflmao!

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 29

Just now, JermajestyDuggar said:

Itโ€™s funny how so much can be gleaned from small things on social media. We knew they were dating. We knew they broke up. We knew she was engaged. I guess itโ€™s just another lesson of, be careful posting on social media because people can easily figure things out even if you never make a post about it.ย 

Especially when you're fundie and are so strict about people of the opposite sex being near each other unless they're hours away from marriage. What other conclusions do you draw?

• Upvote 8

I didn't get the impression that Jana and Jill were besties. It felt like Jill asked Jana to be her bridesmaid because they were the oldest 2 girls but I didn't get a sense that they were particularly close. Not like Jessa and Jinger.ย  It seemed like they were encouraged to be best friends because sisters are supposed to be your best friends.

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 3

Just now, LongTimeLurkerOG said:

Doh! DS subreddit... someone said Jessa's dress is "revenge for the jewelry box" roflmao!

I was thinking it was awful and she did look frumpy and knocked up in it, I was debating posting it because I know it is awful to bag out other women's bodies. It is not flattering for her at all. I am also surprised Jordyn was allowed to have a one shoulder when Hannies was so modest

ย 

• Upvote 9

3 minutes ago, LongTimeLurkerOG said:

Isnโ€™t it funny how those two were the strong Willed problem girls growing up. While Jill and Jinger were the sweet ones who did everything they were told. Jana and Jill were close while Jinger and Jessa were close. Now Jana and Jessa are close because they arenโ€™t writing books about the family and changing major beliefs. They are the ones doing what JB wants them to do. They are in the same boat that way.ย 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 19

I feel bad for all three sisters left out of the wedding party. In a perfect situation, Jana asked them all to be bridesmaids and they chose not to do it. However, Jana and Jill growing apart stems from Jana siding with JB, in my opinion, which I think sucks. How Jinger masterfully navigated her โ€œfreedomโ€ while Jill was outcasted is just crazy to me. Jill still strikes me as a very caring person, but it really seems like all the sisters chose the easy way of keeping the peace with JB.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 4

First Sarah Maxwell and now Jana Duggar. It's a little embarrassing how happy this makes me.

• Upvote 13
  • Haha 10
  • I Agree 16
  • Love 6

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Jana Duggar 16: Living in a Tiny House in Daddy's Backyard, Married, and Moving to Nebraska
Just now, AussieKrissy said:

I was thinking it was awful and she did look frumpy and knocked up in it, I was debating posting it because I know it is awful to bag out other women's bodies. It is not flattering for her at all. I am also surprised Jordyn was allowed to have a one shoulder when Hannies was so modest

ย 

Same thought on my end. Someone said maybe she's still nursingย 

In any case... Overall well done, in terms of dresses at least. And a real, sit down meal

• Upvote 8

1 minute ago, JDuggs said:

I feel bad for all three sisters left out of the wedding party. In a perfect situation, Jana asked them all to be bridesmaids and they chose not to do it. However, Jana and Jill growing apart stems from Jana siding with JB, in my opinion, which I think sucks. How Jinger masterfully navigated her โ€œfreedomโ€ while Jill was outcasted is just crazy to me. Jill still strikes me as a very caring person, but it really seems like all the sisters chose the easy way of keeping the peace with JB.

Jinger never asked for money because she was never in a position to need it (like Jill when her babies were in the nicu). That tells you all you need to know about JB--change some beliefs, move out of state, wear pants, but don't you dare question how I manage the money.

• Upvote 28
  • I Agree 8

6 minutes ago, EmiSue said:

Jinger never asked for money because she was never in a position to need it (like Jill when her babies were in the nicu). That tells you all you need to know about JB--change some beliefs, move out of state, wear pants, but don't you dare question how I manage the money.

Money is power and JB has always known that. I canโ€™t wait until he gets in trouble for unpaid taxes or tax fraud. He really seems like the type.ย 

9 minutes ago, molecule said:

First Sarah Maxwell and now Jana Duggar. It's a little embarrassing how happy this makes me.

Donโ€™t forget a Botkin sister got married too. Sarah Mally too. And a bunch of Arndts. A lot of older brides/grooms have been getting married in the last few years.ย 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 25
  • I Agree 1

12 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

Jillโ€™s baby was due this month. She may have felt like sheโ€™d not be in a good place for bridesmaid things and declined. ย 

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 6

I am truly happy for Jana. I was a little disappointed when she and Stephen didnโ€™t pan out because if you have to have a fundieย husband, at lest he is cute and I am a sucker for a second chance. They both look very happy in the pictures. Janaโ€™s dress is stunning.ย 
ย 

She might have to wait, but she got a ย husband who she actually had a chance to get to know, got to have a beautiful and classy wedding and pick the dress she wanted, not having to live up to other peopleโ€™s standards.ย 

19 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Yes! At the time, It was so obvious because Stephen kept showing up in the background of photos he should not have been in and then suddenly he wasnโ€™t and then when it became clear she was engaged, he seemed like the only viable candidate.ย 
ย 

• Upvote 13
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • I Agree 3

27 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

This is like, the third time I've been shocked that rumors we speculated about endlessly on here turned out to be spot on.

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, lexiloumarie said:

Groomsmen are Wissman brothers (Josiah, Matthias and Nate)ย  and Rachel's husband Alan. Looks his dad might have been as well.ย 

There is one groomsman whoโ€™s face us fully obstructed, maybe JD?ย 

• Upvote 3

Jill also lives further away (on the Oklahoma border) than any of the other bridesmaids. I'm sure she and Jana haven't spent much time together since her family estrangement/move.

I really like the wedding gown.

I think Jana settled for Stephen. It seems like she was looking for fireworks instead of a friendship turned romance. But I also believe that means she'll probably have better marriage than a lot of her siblings will.

Edit: Wait, Jinger was a bridesmaid. Scratch my distance theory.

Edited by indianabones
  • Upvote 15
  • I Agree 3

y'all. i am still shook by the fact that there are SHOULDERS. Jana has shoulders, did you know? and apparently so do those fundie bridesmaids?

• Upvote 9
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 7

8 minutes ago, indianabones said:

ย 

I think Jana settled for Stephen. It seems like she was looking for fireworks instead of a friendship turned romance. But I also believe that means she'll probably have better marriage than a lot of her siblings will.

I hope sheโ€™s happy. The People article made it seemed like she was all โ€œok well I guess weโ€™ll get marriedโ€ about the whole thing. Sheโ€™s was not gushingly in love like all the others were (Barf). ย 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 2

24 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

Jillโ€™s baby was due this month. She may have felt like sheโ€™d not be in a good place for bridesmaid things and declined. ย 

good point :(ย Poor little Isla and poor Jill so awfulย 

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

Ugg, no Jill in the wedding party. Congrats to the couple.

ย 

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Wasnโ€™t Jana Jillโ€™s maid of honor? And Jillโ€™s not even in the bridal party.ย 

ย 

1 hour ago, marmalade said:

That I what I was thinking. Sad Jana didn't reciprocate.

Hopefully it wasnโ€™t a snub and she was there but not a bridesmaidย 

I do hope we get to see a picture of Jingerโ€™s dress, she was behind Jessa so all I saw was an arm and a face.ย 

• Upvote 8

I find it interesting miracle Josie didn't have an appearance in the article or wedding.ย 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

is this anna's first Duggar Sister wedding bridesmaid snub

Maybe she wasnt in Jessa's?

• Upvote 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic