IGNORED

Jana Duggar 16: Living in a Tiny House in Daddy's Backyard, Married, and Moving to Nebraska

Coconut Flan

Drew is the only Wissmann brother who doesn’t seem to be a groomsman. But he has lived in Florida for a long time. So they might not be close. 

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, llucie said:

Lots of tools and outdorsy stuff in their wedding registry. So i guess they both have similar interests.

If that is the case, then good for the two of them. Add in their ages (maturity) and common interests and I foresee a good marriage. I hope that is the case. 

• Upvote 12

Stephen bought a 5 bedroom 2 bathroom house that they are fixing up. I’m sure Jana has been enjoying that. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

4 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Stephen bought a 5 bedroom 2 bathroom house that they are fixing up. I’m sure Jana has been enjoying that. 

I saw the pictures on reddit and the house needs A LOT of love. But i am sure Jana can transform it, she is pretty talented. I mean she has made her area in the Duggar backyard look like it comes out of pinterest.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

This might now be my favorite Duggar wedding dress, who would have thought?

I love it, too. and if I'd seen it I'd have gotten married in it. But it was the 80s, and       linebacker shoulders were in style...

second to this dress, Jessa's was my favorite.. Jessa, who was, since she is married, Jana's Matron of Honor. I was surprised to see so many errors in the People article.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

What a stark contrast to Anna Duggar’s wedding for example. I can’t help but think the Duggar women (be it Anna, Jana, or the others) are aware of the changes and some might feel envious of what appears to be the better deal Jana got. No public courtship (unlike Joy Anna, Jill, Jessa, etc.), a new, stylish dress (unlike Anna Keller), a relationship apparently founded in friendship (unlike Jessa, for instance). So many repressed feelings on that Duggar compound… I cannot imagine the tension and unhappiness. 

Spoiler

IMG_4566.jpeg

Spoiler

IMG_4567.jpeg

Edited by FluffySnowball
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

16 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

I love it, too. and if I'd seen it I'd have gotten married in it. But it was the 80s, and       linebacker shoulders were in style...

second to this dress, Jessa's was my favorite.. Jessa, who was, since she is married, Jana's Matron of Honor. I was surprised to see so many errors in the People article.

They really have come a long way from Anna's dress, haven't they? Even Jill's. 

I wonder if JB had his ugly silver suit on. And what did Michelle wear? 

• Upvote 5

Could someone please share the fotos from the wedding, or have they been shared already and I missed them? 

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 1

10 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

good point :( Poor little Isla and poor Jill so awful 

They got Married yesterday not 2 months ago.

3 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Abbie looked gorgeous. 

💯 Agreed - She is very pretty and the dress was a perfect fit on her. I love her hair. 

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

They were dating the first time when Hannah and Jer were first dating too. Based on the People article, it sounds like Jana broke things off. I think Jana likely has issues due to the way she grew up. She says she’s not very trusting and is guarded. Which I totally understand. I’m betting Stephen was pining over her for a long time after they broke up just hoping they would get back together. 

I also think Jana wan that home for close to 20 years.  Why on earth would she want to get married young?  I think Jana waiting is the perfectly acceptable way to limit the size of her family.  

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Tatar-tot said:

Why on earth would she want to get married young?  I think Jana waiting is the perfectly acceptable way to limit the size of her family.  

Because her entire social society encouraged that. The People article made it extremely clear that Jana has not waited all these years out of a sense of duty, of protection, or a desire to out-wit her father and sneakily limit her family. 

Like everyone else in her life, Jana has longed to get married from a young age since that is the social norm around her. She would have married the moment she could if she had been able to find someone willing. 

Jana has a lot of freedom and opportunity now, yes, but let’s not pretend this was a grand scheme plan of hers. 

• Upvote 23
  • I Agree 9

9 minutes ago, Tatar-tot said:

They got Married yesterday not 2 months ago.

💯 Agreed - She is very pretty and the dress was a perfect fit on her. I love her hair. 

I also think Jana wan that home for close to 20 years.  Why on earth would she want to get married young?  I think Jana waiting is the perfectly acceptable way to limit the size of her family.  

Not all of Stephen’s siblings are quiverful. And we know some of Jana’s aren’t either. I think that if Jana had gotten married very young, she would have eventually given up the quiverful thing. It’s extremely hard to be quiverful in the US. Most people who are raised quiverful are not quiverful their entire marriage. 

• Upvote 9

Katey Duggar looked stunning. Long, bottle green, one-shoulder dress. Can't wait for more pics.

• Upvote 6

5 minutes ago, fish_ca said:

Katey Duggar looked stunning. Long, bottle green, one-shoulder dress. Can't wait for more pics.

She said their daughter was a flower girl. If they are having flower girls that young, they must’ve included Brynley as a flower girl as well. Since she will be a double first cousin to Jana’s kids. 

E6C2ECF5-E984-4ACC-9784-04197BB522DF.jpeg

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 9
  • Thank You 16

10 minutes ago, fish_ca said:

Where did you see that? I didn't notice her in the People pictures. 

thanks for posting. Wow, a one shoulder dress! Nike! 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

Katie how are you pregnant with twins? I was a hot fucking mess when I was pregnant with only one! 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 5

She has to keep trim for Greasy Jed so he doesn't stray 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
  • Disgust 1
  • Haha 7

10 hours ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

Hopefully it wasn’t a snub and she was there but not a bridesmaid 

Personally I hate the tit for tat, you asked me to be your maid of honor so now I'm stuck when I get married having you as my matron of honor.  It's been what 10 years or more since Jill's wedding and a few rivers have passed under the bridge since then.  Who knows what their relationship really is at this point.  Sure Jill is still her sister and I'm sure was invited to the wedding, but Jana seemed to not want the army of attendants most of her other sisters have had and good for her for picking who she really wanted.  

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 8
  • Thank You 1

Jill has a very different concept of fame and photos now, too. She may not have wanted any part of the spotlight she knew the "old" Duggar daughter would be under. 

My speculation is Jill and family were there but requested photos of them not be released. 

Edited by Giraffe
  • Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1

29 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

My speculation is Jill and family were there but requested photos of them not be released. 

She for sure was there, i found the wedding website on the Knot and Jill and Derick were invited and accepted the invitation.

55 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She said their daughter was a flower girl. If they are having flower girls that young, they must’ve included Brynley as a flower girl as well. Since she will be a double first cousin to Jana’s kids. 

She looks amazing, specially for being pregnant with twins. The hair kinda looks like a wig, but maybe its the light playing tricks (not that there is anything wrong with wearing one).

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

39 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

Jill has a very different concept of fame and photos now, too. She may not have wanted any part of the spotlight she knew the "old" Duggar daughter would be under. 

I also thought maybe Jill said no because then Derick would not have been left alone (or with the boys). We all know there is bad blood between DD and some of the Duggars, and maybe Jill felt it best for her family stay united-

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She truly looks amazing. Can’t believe she is pregnant with twins. But yikes on bikes, these kids are so close together I can’t even tell which one is older?!?

• Upvote 8

22 minutes ago, JillyO said:

She truly looks amazing. Can’t believe she is pregnant with twins. But yikes on bikes, these kids are so close together I can’t even tell which one is older?!?

The boy is older. But only by 12.5 months. I think.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1

2 hours ago, FluffySnowball said:

...a relationship apparently founded in friendship 

Hide contents

IMG_4567.jpeg

And the dad looks thrilled to be there.  Strong Tim Walz dad vibes! 

Also, gorgeous bouquet. 

4 hours ago, Smee said:

They've been engaged 2 months and lived in different states, how much work has she been able to do on his house?!

I think they have been “promised” and planning for much longer than two months. I think the engagement was well after they actually decided to get married. 

Throwing together a parking lot reception can be pulled off in two months. That dress, those bridesmaid gowns, the venue, and buying and renovating a house all point to a longer planning period than 60 days. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 7

• Coconut Flan locked this topic