IGNORED

Jana Duggar 16: Living in a Tiny House in Daddy's Backyard, Married, and Moving to Nebraska

Coconut Flan

10 hours ago, viii said:

I’m just happy that people can finally stop saying she remained single all these years to protect her siblings. She’s not that self sacrificing. She would have been married at 20 if she had found someone. 

Or, maybe "protecting her siblings" is the actual truth.

She would ruffle a lot of feathers if she stated this was the reason why she didn't marry until now. She may not be ready to out Jim-Bob and Michelle...yet. No one gets upset if she gives an interview to People magazine stating how she wondered why she wasn't married and how it was hard to see her siblings marry before her.

It strikes me as one of those things, that if it's true (especially the part about ,"Is there something wrong with me?"), many would feel that's too personal to disclose (and...others might have no problem...). But, if it's not entirely true, and People magazine is willing to pay for that interview, then it's a safer narrative to share than to say that she stayed home to protect her younger siblings.

She had men lining up for her from puberty onward; she is smart, talented, hardworking, kind, sweet, and beautiful. She has never lacked for potential suitors. 

Josie is now a teenager, the other Duggar daughters remaining at home are even older, and Josh is in jail. I can see how Jana would feel that now she can leave the house feeling they would be safe in her absence.

• Upvote 13
  • Eyeroll 7

1 minute ago, moreorlessnu said:

Or, maybe "protecting her siblings" is the actual truth.

She would ruffle a lot of feathers if she stated this was the reason why she didn't marry until now. She may not be ready to out Jim-Bob and Michelle...yet. No one gets upset if she gives an interview to People magazine stating how she wondered why she wasn't married and how it was hard to see her siblings marry before her.

It strikes me as one of those things, that if it's true (especially the part about ,"Is there something wrong with me?"), many would feel that's too personal to disclose (and...others might have no problem...). But, if it's not entirely true, and People magazine is willing to pay for that interview, then it's a safer narrative to share than to say that she stayed home to protect her younger siblings.

She had men lining up for her from puberty onward; she is smart, talented, hardworking, kind, sweet, and beautiful. She has never lacked for potential suitors. 

Josie is now a teenager, the other Duggar daughters remaining at home are even older, and Josh is in jail. I can see how Jana would feel that now she can leave the house feeling they would be safe in her absence.

The way it is stated, it doesn't necessarily mean that Jana didn't trust potential suitors. Possibly she realized that Jim Bob has other priorities in life than the happiness of his children, and she didn't trust his vetting of her suitors, or that he would watch out for the remaining children at home. Especially since she had to know what her brother was: and that just because JB and Michele said Jesus and Anna cured him, didn't necessarily mean it was true. I suspect the oldest daughters knew better than anyone else that Josh was mean to the bone, even without his other issues.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 1

Elijah and Warden went to the wedding together. I’m not saying anyone is gay. I just think they are single fundie guys without a date so they go together. 

9DFE7EEA-3D47-431C-AA3E-B7E03086EF3C.jpeg

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 5

34 minutes ago, JillyO said:

She truly looks amazing. Can’t believe she is pregnant with twins. But yikes on bikes, these kids are so close together I can’t even tell which one is older?!?

When I was pregnant with twins I was a shade of grey green and suffering from brutal “morning sickness” that should be renamed to all day sickness and vomiting 🤮 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 7

6 hours ago, MotherOfDragons said:

This is it. This is what it took to bring me out of hibernation. Happy now, Jana? 

It's really refreshing to not hear her spewing a bunch of fundie-speak about him and their engagement. They've been friends a while, they're in their 30s, and they enjoy each other's company. She's moving away from Arkansas. Her wedding was beautiful. I think this is all her absolute best case scenario in Duggarland. I'm intrigued to see how this all continues to develop.

Me too! Had to reset my password and everything!

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 13
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, lexiloumarie said:

The gentleman behind Abbies arm is Loren Wiseman, Stephens dad. I don't see anyone else hidden? 

Behind Stephen's head. Someone's face is totally hidden. And I don't think that's Loren. Loren is quite tall and wears glasses and isn't that tan

Edited by RebeccaRay
More words
  • Upvote 3

I think that since there are so many nieces and nephews, they probably had multiple flower girls and ring bearers. 

• I Agree 2

To me her explaining how they go together sounded liked, hey we are old (per fundie rules) we get along, let's just get married. With that ebung said, I hope they are good for each other. I'm glad her husband and family has a legit non ministry business. And with her age, hopefully very few children since he is as steeped as her in this fundie world.  

In the article this picture was posted. I don't come to Duggar world much anymore but I was shocked at the little girls all grown up look. I had to do a double take because Johanna looks like Jessa to me.

Screenshot_20240816_123138.thumb.jpg.430bca631ad60a6d3c292b6d42b4fd0f.jpg

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

I am extremely happy for jana! Sounds like this marriage was a well thought move by both parties and not based on raging hormones, but on friendship, respect and warmth.   One of the best fundamentals to start a marriage with , in my eyes at least. They have known each other for years, he is good looking and good provider. She will be a much calmer and better organised mum because of her maturity. She will not have 12 kids , wich also makes for a better life for her children. I like it a lot !  When l look at her siblings youtubes , I often think 'ouch' when I see interaction with the husbands . If the distance is already oozing of off the screen it doesn't abide any good for what is happening in real life.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 5

The Haight girls are posting them walking out of the venue and everyone holding sparklers. Both Madison and Emily did. I don’t remember if their instagrams are public though. 

• Upvote 5

There is an updated version of the People magazine article here where it says Jana was in college studying nursing in her second semester when she and Stephen reconnected.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 12

1 minute ago, llucie said:

There is an updated version of the People magazine article here where it says Jana was in college studying nursing in her second semester when she and Stephen reconnected.

So I am guessing she will quit school now that she’s married. 

• Upvote 6
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 2

To me the article sounded like Jana had her walls up and it took her a long time to trust someone. Probably her confidence wasn’t the best either. Stephen was there all the way showing her that she was important to him.

While we will never know the exact circumstances, in my opinion this isn’t „settling for someone“. She probably wanted someone she knew she could count on and this requires spending a bit more time with each other than what is common in their circle.

Anyway, I know they are Trumpers but I can’t help feeling a liiiitle bit of happiness 😊

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 8

1 hour ago, moreorlessnu said:

If this was the case, there a lot of things Jana could have said in her interview. She could have said she was waiting for the right one, she was trusting God’s timing, etc. There were plenty of other things she could have said. But she didn’t. She specified that for years she thought something was wrong with her because it was happening for everyone else but not for her. In Stephen she found someone that she thought “ok, we get along”, so they decided to get married.

I really just don’t understand the obsession with making Jana a martyr. Even when she releases a statement, people twist her words and think she’s greater than she is. Jana is fully in the Kool-Aid. She helped raise many of her younger siblings, including discipline. I don’t know why she’s marked as a saint by some people. She’s not much better than Michelle to me. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

26 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

So I am guessing she will quit school now that she’s married. 

Depends on the program. I know some nursing programs are only a year long, which would mean she already finished. 

• Upvote 8

Jana also made a point of photo shopping a skirt onto girls in the background of a picture. Just cropping them would have been more thoughtful. I have long thought she isn't necessarily a "kind of nice person" despite being fundie. She Def has shades of Michelle 2.0. I am happy for her. They seem like a good match.

• Upvote 9

I wonder where they are honeymooning. Somewhere in Western Europe? Or something more like a cruise to Alaska?

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, viii said:

I really just don’t understand the obsession with making Jana a martyr. 

That's not the angle I was coming from. I was thinking more along the lines of if she wanted to be married, she could have been. There were many opportunities for her if marriage was her end all and be all. 

One could argue that Jana didn't meet "the one" until now. But, did any of the Duggar girls meet "the one"? They didn't have any dating experience to know if the person they married was "the one", or "this is the first one that will meet Daddy's expectations and I find this person appealing". 

Given the dynamics in that household, Josh's abuse, etc., there may be something deeper going on that prevented Jana from marrying over the past 14 to 16 years. Jana may or may not be even aware of what that is. Every family has some disfunction going on, but the Duggar household had more than its share. I don't see Jana as so much a martyr but rather someone who experienced a lot of trauma in that household. As one of the older kids, she lived through all of it from start to finish. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5

The wedding looks very classy compared to a lot of her sibling's weddings. Wouldn't be surprised to see some vow renewals with updated dresses and a first dance.

• Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • I Agree 2

6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Look at all the times Jana was a bridesmaid. Ugh that would drive me nuts. I hate being a BM and I’ve only done it 4 times. I have a friend who has been a BM more than a dozen times. But she’s super friendly and easy to get along with. 

Missing in this list is Anna’s wedding. She was a bridesmaid for Anna and Josh’s wedding. 

10006845-DA6D-4313-986E-3B4744CF8C5C.jpeg

Don’t besmirch my Pedro that way! He’s one of my favorite actors in Hollywood. 

I always assume this is how it goes with fundies. They’ve been planning the wedding and marriage long before the official engagement, 

We had a date and venues before an official proposal. As adults we talked about getting married and decided to and when we wanted to. Then we picked out a ring together. He wanted to at least have a bit of a surprise proposal. The decision was made in July, ring bought early August, he proposed on Labor Day. 

They may have done it similarly. I think that’s a function of being grown adults instead of barely out of your teens rather than religious belief. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, llucie said:

She for sure was there, i found the wedding website on the Knot and Jill and Derick were invited and accepted the invitation.

How did you find the wedding website? I thought all the registries were private

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

39 minutes ago, BensAllergies said:

I wonder where they are honeymooning. Somewhere in Western Europe? Or something more like a cruise to Alaska?

My guess is Hawaii. Jana's been to Europe multiple times. And now that she's wearing shorts, she's probably finished with modest swimwear and wearing regular suits!

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, kbohn23 said:

How did you find the wedding website? I thought all the registries were private

So i read in reddit that another person said they had found it, so i knew it was out there and it was public, but if they had used their real names someone would have founded before now, so i tried with their initials and middle names.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

The unashamedly romantic in me read they had been friends for a long time and what a good friend he was to her. Considering they have many hobbies in common I read that as they texted about projects and gave each other feedback and one day Jana realized hey I would like to do this everyday. I didn't read it as settling more of a dawning that this person meant more to her than a friend. I hope they are happy. Those kids had a lot of private things played out on camera and I would love for her to get a happy ending. And yes, if I read a romance book it better end happy. Life isn't always perfect but my books better be. Why do you ask?😁

• Upvote 8
  • Love 4

3 minutes ago, Sweetpickle said:

The unashamedly romantic in me read they had been friends for a long time and what a good friend he was to her. Considering they have many hobbies in common I read that as they texted about projects and gave each other feedback and one day Jana realized hey I would like to do this everyday. I didn't read it as settling more of a dawning that this person meant more to her than a friend. I hope they are happy. Those kids had a lot of private things played out on camera and I would love for her to get a happy ending. And yes, if I read a romance book it better end happy. Life isn't always perfect but my books better be. Why do you ask?😁

You ever read the book, Love Comes Softly? It is Christian fiction but the premise is that love isn't always this bolt of lightning but that it can arrive quietly. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic