IGNORED

Jana Duggar 16: Living in a Tiny House in Daddy's Backyard, Married, and Moving to Nebraska

Coconut Flan

Does Jana really live alone in a tiny house on the Boob Compound?

• Upvote 3

I do not think that Jana is sad about being single. I do not think that Jana believes that she is incomplete without a man. I wonder if JB was a difficult person to be around and between the behaviors that he role modeled as a man and father, and Josh’s BS, if Jana figured she might be happier not having that in her life? Jana is smart, skilled and beautiful. If she wanted to be married, she would be- I know I’ve said this many times, would you rather have Jana’s life or Jessa’s? Kendra’s? Joy’s? I also think Jana has been given leeway where JB’s rules are concerned. She is 34. My youngest is 33 and I haven’t really had any input in his life for a decade. It wouldn’t be appropriate.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

On 6/17/2023 at 4:58 PM, HeartsAFundie said:

"Still At The Complete Mercy Of A Couple Of Total Nutcases" makes for a good Jana thread title. 

Would fit quite well in the  Rod thread too. 🥺

11 hours ago, Giraffe said:

Personally I'm not convinced she's unhappy being single. Yes, maybe she's sad and wistful but she may also be happy for the couple without feeling sad to be left out. 

I’m waiting for Jana’s book. That could be very interesting.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

Jana knows where all the bodies are buried, metaphorically speaking. 

I think everybody knows it's best to stay on her good side & don't poke the bear.  Including her parents.  I also think she does what she wants, when she wants. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, CultureVulture said:

Jana knows where all the bodies are buried, metaphorically speaking. 

I think everybody knows it's best to stay on her good side & don't poke the bear.  Including her parents.  I also think she does what she wants, when she wants. 

Good for her. She put up with a lot of BS as a kid, so I hope she has the life she wants now.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 7

Oh my god, you guys, sorry about the "men on the moon" pic; I posted it in the wrong place and didn't notice til it was too late. That'll teach me to have like 15 tabs open in my browser!

I would LOVE to read a book by Jana.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 16

12 hours ago, Kiki03910 said:

Oh my god, you guys, sorry about the "men on the moon" pic; I posted it in the wrong place and didn't notice til it was too late. That'll teach me to have like 15 tabs open in my browser!

I would LOVE to read a book by Jana.

I didn't even think anything of it. I just simply thought 'FACTS' and kept scrolling. 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 2

7 hours ago, viii said:

I didn't even think anything of it. I just simply thought 'FACTS' and kept scrolling. 

I mean, maybe it applies to any of these patriarchal forums...

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

• 4 months later...

So Jana's Instagram has a photo of her and John on a pier and she's wearing what looks like an engagement ring.  Reddit is abuzz, lol.  I'll see if I can figure out how to post the photo.

IMG_0083.jpg

• Thank You 6
  • Love 1

I love how the focus is a tiny ring. When their seems to be a small child squashed behind them. 

I wonder if she’s trolling. I wouldn’t put it past her. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 10

Posted (edited)

My first thought was that it's a purity ring, but I've never seen one of those with diamonds. This ring clearly has some kind of stone on it. 

23B1DD68-FE5D-498E-A08D-0917B1B10FAD_1_201_a.jpeg

Edited by xenobia
added screenshot
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

So has the long-awaited Jana Duggar engagement finally happened?  Check out the ring in this pic: 

IMG_0083.jpg

Wait, he looks like a Duggar brother. Anyone know who that is?

Let's pretend this never happened, m'kay?

Edited by Giraffe
  • Haha 30

4 minutes ago, FleeJanaFree said:

Her twin. 

Yeah, there's several photos in the series with both John and Abbie + Jana. 

• Upvote 3

I suppose she and Stephen Wissmann could have rekindled their romance. Multiple fundies have broken up and then got together and married. 

• Upvote 9

31 minutes ago, xenobia said:

My first thought was that it's a purity ring, but I've never seen one of those with diamonds. This ring clearly has some kind of stone on it. 

23B1DD68-FE5D-498E-A08D-0917B1B10FAD_1_201_a.jpeg

True, but if you look at the post before this one, with her and Michelle, she isn't wearing a ring.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, kokocat said:

True, but if you look at the post before this one, with her and Michelle, she isn't wearing a ring.

No, but that post was almost two months ago. And we don't know when that photo was taken either. 

I assume that we will find out one way or another what's going on here. 

20 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I suppose she and Stephen Wissmann could have rekindled their romance. Multiple fundies have broken up and then got together and married. 

My best guess as well at this point. I wish we could see his private IG posts :)

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

Just now, xenobia said:

No, but that post was almost two months ago. And we don't know when that photo was taken either. 

I assume that we will find out one way or another what's going on here. 

My best guess as well at this point. I wish we could see his private IG posts :)

He did “heart” a post on FB she made of flowers a couple months ago. So they are probably still friends on FB even if we can’t see their friend list. 

• Upvote 7

I don't think Jana would troll this way. She's dealt with a lot of really unfortunate speculation about anyone ever in a picture with her. She doesn't vaguebook and has been pretty absent from the internet for the past 3 years. She didn't even ever say anything about Stephen, right? It seems to be a sensitive area for her and trolling about it just wouldn't make sense.

I think she's engaged. I don't think it's Stephen. I wonder what she will choose to share seeing as how she just got back onto her youtube channel and instagram recently. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 6

If it isn’t Stephen, I’ll feel sorry for him. Because an engagement/wedding would be very public and he will have to hear a lot about it. 

• Upvote 6

Posted (edited)

Ok here’s another thing that will make it so much worse if it isn’t Stephen. His family is already intertwined with hers. Since his sister is married to her brother. So if she’s marrying someone else, the Wissmanns will probably be invited to the wedding. How awkward! 

Well now I’m hoping it’s Stephen so something that awkward won’t have to go down. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 7
  • Rufus Bless 1

I don't know that it would necessarily be awkward. We don't know how long they were attached or how serious it got. We don't know how or when it ended. They already went to Jeremiah and Hannah's wedding and they were potentially broken up by then. 

If Stephen broke up with her, then I don't know why he would feel awkward specifically about this. Her family has been in the news a lot, so this wouldn't really be much different if he wasn't hurt over it. I doubt it would be strange to only have some wissmanns attend a wedding two states away. It wouldn't be a glaring absence. If Jana broke up with him, well it's probably been 3-4 years since and he doesn't have to see her regularly.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

Posted (edited)

Reddit rumor mill (friend of a poster so they say) says invitations have gone out and it is Stephen.

I guess we wait and see.

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Upvote 6
  • Thank You 14

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Jana Duggar 16: Living in a Tiny House in Daddy's Backyard, Married, and Moving to Nebraska
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic