IGNORED

Jana Duggar 16: Living in a Tiny House in Daddy's Backyard, Married, and Moving to Nebraska

Coconut Flan

Just now, theotherelise said:

I don't know that it would necessarily be awkward. We don't know how long they were attached or how serious it got. We don't know how or when it ended. They already went to Jeremiah and Hannah's wedding and they were potentially broken up by then. 

If Stephen broke up with her, then I don't know why he would feel awkward specifically about this. Her family has been in the news a lot, so this wouldn't really be much different if he wasn't hurt over it. I doubt it would be strange to only have some wissmanns attend a wedding two states away. It wouldn't be a glaring absence. If Jana broke up with him, well it's probably been 3-4 years since and he doesn't have to see her regularly.

I guess I’m just awkward as hell because no matter what, I would feel extremely awkward in the situation 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

I think she's engaged and she looks very happy. Maybe it's Frank Sun, the cameraman with whom she was rumored to be madly in love....on, about a gazillion years ago :tw_kiss_wink: (Don't mind me. I listen to the Digging up the Duggars podcast.)

I hope she's marrying out of the fundie circle, but who am I kidding? Odds are he's JB approved. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 6

Grace Mally (Sarah Mally’s sister) broke it off with her now husband for at least a year before they got back together and got married. Addy Morton seemed to break it off with Michael for awhile before they got married. And it looks like Grace (Gwen Shamblin’s granddaughter) and her fiancé broke up for a little while and got back together. It happens. But I do always wonder the reasons for the initial break up and how they get back together. I’m just curious I guess. 

• Upvote 12

I still think this is fake

RDT_20240708_1717163437655789010455076.jpg

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

33 minutes ago, justpassingthru said:

I still think this is fake

RDT_20240708_1717163437655789010455076.jpg

It’s not convincing. There are no pictures of them together. No wedding info besides the date. This could easily be faked. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, xenobia said:

No, but that post was almost two months ago. And we don't know when that photo was taken either. 

I assume that we will find out one way or another what's going on here. 

My best guess as well at this point. I wish we could see his private IG posts :)

someone else on reddit pointed out that Jana’s finger looks kind of photoshopped in those pics too. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

If nothing else, it’s an engagement ring because it’s definitely stirring up some engagement for her insta. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 33

4 hours ago, Giraffe said:

Wait, he looks like a Duggar brother. Anyone know who that is?

Let's pretend this never happened, m'kay?

Is that the one that is a pilot?

5 hours ago, Cheetah said:

So Jana's Instagram has a photo of her and John on a pier and she's wearing what looks like an engagement ring.  Reddit is abuzz, lol.  I'll see if I can figure out how to post the photo.

IMG_0083.jpg

I saw all the comments on the original and was like meh its her purity ring, I had a look and I don't remember seeing that stone in the photo

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, closetcagebaby said:

If nothing else, it’s an engagement ring because it’s definitely stirring up some engagement for her insta. 

I call AI! Which is really not very I, and in its currrent form never will be.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 5

Much as I would like to believe it, I’ll wait to receive confirmation from the parties themselves. More than a Reddit poster who claims to know someone who’s seen the wedding invitation. 

Jana is pretty social media-savvy. She won’t have shown the ring without a purpose. She knows there are both humpers and snarkers out there dissecting every picture the family posts. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 12

11 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

I don't think Jana has any brothers who are pilots????? If they are nobody has ever breathed a word about it.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 27

They've gotten pretty good at staying private when they want to. Entire babies have been born with no knowledge. I enjoy a good internet sleuthing adventure, but there is no good reason to try and sniff this out. There are always new people jumping into the internet snarking game with almost zero background knowledge. There are also people on Reddit asking about if it could be Evan Peters. You know, her cousin, Evan. 

Reddit snark is a cesspool right now. The only thing I trust them on is that they will cross the line and they will disregard common decency and hound any man tangentially connected to Jana Duggar just so they can say they figured it all out first. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 4

14 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

I saw all the comments on the original and was like meh its her purity ring, I had a look and I don't remember seeing that stone in the photo

Does one *really* need to keep wearing a purity ring after age 30? I mean, who cares? 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, Sk8ter said:

Does one *really* need to keep wearing a purity ring after age 30? I mean, who cares? 

Honestly I would imagine it’s slightly embarrassing past a certain age. Because people would see the ring and say, “oh are you married?” And she would have to say, “no that’s my purity ring.” And being unmarried in your 30s in fundieland is something people would be so pitying about. I bet some people are just so condescending. Ugh. The thought makes me cringe. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 4

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Honestly I would imagine it’s slightly embarrassing past a certain age. Because people would see the ring and say, “oh are you married?” And she would have to say, “no that’s my purity ring.” And being unmarried in your 30s in fundieland is something people would be so pitying about. I bet some people are just so condescending. Ugh. The thought makes me cringe. 

Except that virginity becomes a matter of pride. Among some of the very confusing things the apostle Paul said is "So then both he who gives his own virgin daughter in marriage does well, and he who does not give her in marriage will do better." Yeah, she's pitied. But she's also held up as an example of great self-control.

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 1
  • Eyeroll 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, nolongerIFBx said:

Except that virginity becomes a matter of pride. Among some of the very confusing things the apostle Paul said is "So then both he who gives his own virgin daughter in marriage does well, and he who does not give her in marriage will do better." Yeah, she's pitied. But she's also held up as an example of great self-control.

What is crazy about fundies these days and that so many seem to ignore celibacy being the highest calling. I do think Catholics tend to focus on it being a good thing. But somehow fundies don’t because they are so extremely focused on getting married and having as many kids as possible. It’s the quiverful influence I think. They likely give a condescending “good for you” to the old maids in fundieland. But they definitely see marriage and constant baby making as the highest calling. Not being abstinent for their entire life. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 7

Honestly whatever is going on I hope she's happy.

I kind of hope it's her "I don't want to get married or have kids but I like diamonds so I got myself this" ring. I can't imagine she's going out too many places where a fake engagement or wedding ring might be a good "leave me alone" signal, but she could well just be like "I like this ring, it fits this finger, and I'm going to wear it!"

I avoid wearing rings on that finger because I don't want the questions and it feels weird, but also it feels kind of dumb to have a whole finger, one that is comfortable and convenient for ring wearing, that has to stay naked just because you haven't committed to another person. 

Some savvy jeweler needs to come up with a "no I'm not interested in getting married" ring for that hand. Maybe a faceted onyx or black diamond or something. Of course they'd have to market the hell out of it, but get a celeb or two wearing it and suddenly it'll be a "thing".

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 6

1 hour ago, Alisamer said:

Some savvy jeweler needs to come up with a "no I'm not interested in getting married" ring for that hand. Maybe a faceted onyx or black diamond or something. Of course they'd have to market the hell out of it, but get a celeb or two wearing it and suddenly it'll be a "thing".

I remember single friends wearing costume jewelry engagement rings to bars in their 20s just so they could avoid being hit on. 

• Upvote 13

10 hours ago, Sk8ter said:

Purity rings are gross and ridiculous when you’re in high school. Being a 30 years old plus woman wearing the same piece of “I am a virgin!!!!!” jewelry as a 14 year old is just beyond cringe. Gawd. 

My second hand embarrassment sincerely hopes that’s an engagement ring. Because otherwise…ugh!

• Upvote 3
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • I Agree 5

5 hours ago, Alisamer said:

Honestly whatever is going on I hope she's happy.

I kind of hope it's her "I don't want to get married or have kids but I like diamonds so I got myself this" ring. I can't imagine she's going out too many places where a fake engagement or wedding ring might be a good "leave me alone" signal, but she could well just be like "I like this ring, it fits this finger, and I'm going to wear it!"

I avoid wearing rings on that finger because I don't want the questions and it feels weird, but also it feels kind of dumb to have a whole finger, one that is comfortable and convenient for ring wearing, that has to stay naked just because you haven't committed to another person. 

You mean like a right hand ring?

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

The fact that the ring was edited out in her previous pictures makes me think there is really something to it. What would be the reason to photoshop the ring a month ago and not now if its not an engagement ring.

Since she has a vlog i imagine we will eventually hear about it.

• Upvote 8

14 hours ago, Alisamer said:

And then there’s people like me who ARE married and don’t wear (or even own) a ring! 😁 We literally forgot to get rings when we planned our wedding in the middle purchasing an apartment, notary appointments, mortgage and awful pregnancy nausea. And somehow we just never bothered to get rings afterwards.

At this point we had been a couple for more than 10 years and lived together, so no purity rings for us either, obviously. And no one cared. 

I’ve never even thought about people assuming I’m single because I don’t wear a ring. It’s crazy how much these things matter to fundies and how hyper-focused they are on sex and marriage.

• Upvote 16
  • Love 1

21 hours ago, theotherelise said:

They've gotten pretty good at staying private when they want to. Entire babies have been born with no knowledge. I enjoy a good internet sleuthing adventure, but there is no good reason to try and sniff this out. There are always new people jumping into the internet snarking game with almost zero background knowledge. There are also people on Reddit asking about if it could be Evan Peters. You know, her cousin, Evan. 

Reddit snark is a cesspool right now. The only thing I trust them on is that they will cross the line and they will disregard common decency and hound any man tangentially connected to Jana Duggar just so they can say they figured it all out first. 

Reddit fundie snark has always been a cesspool. I use Reddit for a lot of other things like vintage menus and niche interests- Alec Baldwin’s fake Spanish wife is my only snark sub though. Fundie snark over there has always been super mean spirited and largely uninformed. 

Edited by nelliebelle1197
  • Upvote 11

13 hours ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

You mean like a right hand ring?

Well yes, but for the left ring finger. When I'm in a ring-wearing phase (most winters - in summer I want no extra anything on me) the right ring finger is full up. I do have a "right hand ring" in moissanite and a matching eternity band which looks bridal to some people apparently but I wear them on the right ring finger. If I put them on the left hand the questions would start up quickly I bet!

I just like rings and have more that fit my ring fingers than will fit on one finger, LOL! But I'm single and not looking and don't want the questions that will come from various people if I've suddenly got a random ring (even if it's something obviously not bridal in any way) on my left ring finger.

We have rings that say "I'm engaged" and rings that say "I'm married" and I think there should be rings that say "single and happy about it" or "I just like jewelry leave me alone".

2 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Reddit fundie snark has always been a cesspool. I use Reddit for a lot of other things like vintage menus and niche interests- Alec Baldwin’s fake Spanish wife is my only snark sub though. Fundie snark over there has always been super mean spirited and largely uninformed. 

Reddit fundie snark to me usually looks like a lot of speculation and assumptions and BEC. I feel like here, most people have the horrified curiosity but also a helping of empathy and compassion on top of the snark.  There, those people exist, but there are a lot more of the sort who just are watching fundies like they're TV characters not real people. Like they're Capitol citizens watching the Hunger Games and betting on who will die first.

3 hours ago, GreenBeans said:

And then there’s people like me who ARE married and don’t wear (or even own) a ring! 😁 We literally forgot to get rings when we planned our wedding in the middle purchasing an apartment, notary appointments, mortgage and awful pregnancy nausea. And somehow we just never bothered to get rings afterwards.

Yeah I mean it's no big deal, my dad hasn't worn his wedding ring in probably 50 years (mechanic, so good reason there) and my mom didn't have an engagement ring until she worked part time at a jewelry store briefly and bought herself one when I was in elementary school.

But holy crap if I had a ring on my left ring finger and saw one of my parents friends - phone calls would be flying, LOL! It is partly generational and maybe partly regional but those traditional symbols are a "thing" here with certain people who like to be up in other peoples' business.

I'm tempted to get the most obviously NOT bridal ring I can find and wear it on that finger for a good long while until people are used to it then consider switching it up. Maybe a bat or a spider or something.

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

The fundie lore on reddit is a mixture of enough already and it’s a master game of telephone.   It’s impressive how one stranger can say something anonymously but with authority and it become fact.  

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Jana Duggar 16: Living in a Tiny House in Daddy's Backyard, Married, and Moving to Nebraska
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic