IGNORED

Jana Duggar 16: Living in a Tiny House in Daddy's Backyard, Married, and Moving to Nebraska

Coconut Flan

It looks like Abbie is wearing the same ring in the pic with her and Jana. Any thoughts?

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, KWLand said:

The fundie lore on reddit is a mixture of enough already and it’s a master game of telephone.   It’s impressive how one stranger can say something anonymously but with authority and it become fact.  

I last maybe a day or two years ago.  Now I pretend fundies on reddit do not exist.  In general I don't like reddit for anything although the old recipes sub is sometimes good for a laugh if they aren't snarking on each other.  

• Upvote 5

5 hours ago, Jesquire said:

It looks like Abbie is wearing the same ring in the pic with her and Jana. Any thoughts?

it’s a very, very common style of engagement ring 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

On 7/10/2024 at 7:47 AM, Alisamer said:

Honestly whatever is going on I hope she's happy.

I kind of hope it's her "I don't want to get married or have kids but I like diamonds so I got myself this" ring. I can't imagine she's going out too many places where a fake engagement or wedding ring might be a good "leave me alone" signal, but she could well just be like "I like this ring, it fits this finger, and I'm going to wear it!"

I avoid wearing rings on that finger because I don't want the questions and it feels weird, but also it feels kind of dumb to have a whole finger, one that is comfortable and convenient for ring wearing, that has to stay naked just because you haven't committed to another person. 

Some savvy jeweler needs to come up with a "no I'm not interested in getting married" ring for that hand. Maybe a faceted onyx or black diamond or something. Of course they'd have to market the hell out of it, but get a celeb or two wearing it and suddenly it'll be a "thing".

A ring that attaches to a bracelet might make it obvious? I have always loved the idea of those, but both my fingers and wrists aren’t the dainty sizes needed for any that I have seen irl. 

image.png.1fdab4ffbd1b4004d4ba58e4b93d47d7.png

Edited by Mrs Ms
Double image not needed
  • Upvote 7
  • Love 1

If she is engaged I hope this is something she wants instead of giving into Jim Bob’s wishes, peer pressure, to try to revive the brand, ect. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1

On 7/9/2024 at 8:50 PM, AprilQuilt said:

I don't think Jana has any brothers who are pilots????? If they are nobody has ever breathed a word about it.

What about concert pianists? Or was that just the woman folk? Lol 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

Jana is 34. So even if she got married this year and never used birth control, she won’t have an enormous family. Maybe 6 tops. But my guess would be more like 4 kids. Because even the Duggar daughters aren’t regularly getting pregnant 6 months after they give birth like Michelle often did.   That rate was ridiculous. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 6

I don't think any of them deliberately try to conceive as rapidly as possible except possibly Jessa with Henry.  Most of them seem to following some methodd to spread the children they do have out more while others use some form of birth control to only have the children that they want.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

13 hours ago, Mrs Ms said:

A ring that attaches to a bracelet might make it obvious? I have always loved the idea of those, but both my fingers and wrists aren’t the dainty sizes needed for any that I have seen irl. 

image.png.1fdab4ffbd1b4004d4ba58e4b93d47d7.png

I have something similar in silver and green from a RenFair. I never think to wear it and should. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

I don't think any of them deliberately try to conceive as rapidly as possible except possibly Jessa with Henry.  Most of them seem to following some methodd to spread the children they do have out more while others use some form of birth control to only have the children that they want.

That's what gets me about Michelle & Kelly. Neither one of them was allowing "god" to space their children. They were actively trying to become pregnant if they were what, at least 45 days past giving birth. 

Edited by Giraffe
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 8

1 hour ago, Giraffe said:

That's what gets me about Michelle & Kelly. Neither one of them was allowing "god" to space their children. They were actively trying to become pregnant if they were what, at least 45 days past giving birth. 

God. Jim Bob. Same diff.

• Disgust 5
  • Haha 15

I watched Jana’s latest video redoing the play room on the first floor. It looks like it’s pretty old footage. I saw Tyler in it and the kids just sort of look younger. I don’t know how old it is. Snow was in the ground. 

ETA: my guess is that this was done Nov/Dec 2021. I saw the NYE video for going into 2022 and it was already finished. 

I have no idea why she waited 2.5 years to post this. It’s weird.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 4
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

At around 11 min into the video there's a strange photo of Jana in a pink dress holding a plank, and a semi-cropped out man in a tux. I have no idea what and who that is. Reddit seems to think it's Stephen. I think it could be James or another brother. But no matter who, it's a strange photo. 

9C862AF8-F774-448A-A0DD-7FE3A729587E_1_201_a.jpeg

• Upvote 5

Maybe she had recorded it thinking she was going to post it before she took a 3 years youtube break. and now that she is back on youtube why not post it and get some revenue from it. The most interested part to me is that she seems to be back on youtube for real, it was not a life update and gonne, i guess we will have another video in a week,

25 minutes ago, xenobia said:

At around 11 min into the video there's a strange photo of Jana in a pink dress holding a plank, and a semi-cropped out man in a tux. I have no idea what and who that is. Reddit seems to think it's Stephen. I think it could be James or another brother. But no matter who, it's a strange photo. 

9C862AF8-F774-448A-A0DD-7FE3A729587E_1_201_a.jpeg

Dressed as a bridesmaid for a wedding??

• Upvote 4

On 7/9/2024 at 7:23 AM, Sk8ter said:

Does one *really* need to keep wearing a purity ring after age 30? I mean, who cares? 

I still wear mine and I'm in my 30s 🤷🏼‍♀️ Just personal preference. The LDS version is about more than just purity, and I like the reminder each day of "be a good person."

• Love 1

8 hours ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

I still wear mine and I'm in my 30s 🤷🏼‍♀️ Just personal preference. The LDS version is about more than just purity, and I like the reminder each day of "be a good person."

We would probably all benefit from a daily reminder to be a good person.

• Upvote 7

On 7/12/2024 at 6:31 AM, CaptainFunderpants said:

You do you! It should be completely your choice and even if it was a fundie purity ring, there’s nothing wrong with wearing it if you want to. Your body, your choice covers everything to do with your body. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 2

18 hours ago, Kiki03910 said:

I don’t need a visual daily reminder because my anxiety does it for me 😂🤷🏻‍♀️

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 8

I don't need a daily reminder to be a good person because I am not constantly tempted to be a bad person. Is this something people struggle with? Maybe it's a christian thing. 

• Upvote 13
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

I don't need a daily reminder to be a good person because I am not constantly tempted to be a bad person. Is this something people struggle with? Maybe it's a christian thing. 

Not a Christian, but from my point of view, it's not that I'm tempted to be a bad person (well, maybe sometimes) so much as I would like to be a better person -- a little kinder and more understanding, a little less impatient.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1

I feel like I want to become aware a little bit more every day. This does not increase my willingness to be a good person - I am willing and always was - but it does increase my ability to actually be it. To be good to myself and to other people at the same time which - at least for me - can be tricky.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, St.Clara said:

I feel like I want to become aware a little bit more every day. This does not increase my willingness to be a good person - I am willing and always was - but it does increase my ability to actually be it. To be good to myself and to other people at the same time which - at least for me - can be tricky.

Yup, this is 100% it. It's also about making healthy choices, resisting the urge to buy something I really don't need (I work hard to not have a vice, but if I did it would definitely be shopping), doing chores when I've mentally told myself I will despite the fact that I've had a long day at work... All of those bits of self care that are important, but not necessarily fun.

I mean, yes, there is the factor of when someone does something mean or to irritate me, a little boost of "them being a jerk has nothing to do with you, let it go," can be helpful, and the reality is... Except for Jesus and @WatchingTheTireFireBurn, no one is perfect... I'm definitely not, and as such I'll take my innocuous ring to assist me in my unperfect existence.

• Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Haha 1
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

Yup, this is 100% it. It's also about making healthy choices, resisting the urge to buy something I really don't need (I work hard to not have a vice, but if I did it would definitely be shopping), doing chores when I've mentally told myself I will despite the fact that I've had a long day at work... All of those bits of self care that are important, but not necessarily fun.

I mean, yes, there is the factor of when someone does something mean or to irritate me, a little boost of "them being a jerk has nothing to do with you, let it go," can be helpful, and the reality is... Except for Jesus and @WatchingTheTireFireBurn, no one is perfect... I'm definitely not, and as such I'll take my innocuous ring to assist me in my unperfect existence.

I’ve heard of people doing similar things with cross necklaces or tattoos. It’s a reminder of their goals and values. 

• Upvote 5

On 7/13/2024 at 6:26 AM, Kiki03910 said:

Especially when in traffic or customer service. 
oh and that is a nice colour on her and a pretty naturally modest dress not a fixed to be modest monstrosity. I naturally tend towards modest looking dresses as my style not to be modest just because their shape generally suits me better. Her dress def looks like a bridesmaids one or one that is being reused after being a bridesmaid. 

Edited by AussieKrissy
  • Upvote 4

That is like what I try and do with parenting.  Hold my stronger emotions in check - anger is obviously quick to rise when you're dealing with kids - and let the love and understanding catch up before I react.  Right now we're just muddling through but my daughter is definitely not afraid of me like I was of my parents and I hope she'll grow up to be curious, understanding, and empathetic to other people.

It's a g-d struggle some days, but not as much as having to regret things I can't take back.  I'm for sure not perfect myself, but I can keep working at it.

• Upvote 9
  • Love 4

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Jana Duggar 16: Living in a Tiny House in Daddy's Backyard, Married, and Moving to Nebraska
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic