IGNORED

Upcoming Babies 25: Totally Surprising Inevitabilities

Bethella

5 hours ago, indianabones said:

Poor kid.

I never thought that it would be the Youngs naming their kid Maverick. I always thought it would be Lawson or Trace because they were so into it when the second movie of TopGun came out

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, RebeccaRay said:

Kristen Young welcomed Maverick James Oct 16th

At least the poor kid can introduce himself as Rick when he gets older. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Daniel and Kathryn Staddon have a baby boy now. 

It's their baby from June. I posted about it earlier but then deleted as we knew that she was pregnant from a photo  in june

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Bassett Lady said:

At least the poor kid can introduce himself as Rick when he gets older. 

While definitely not my taste, I don't think he'll have any issues with it as he ages. Maverick is surprisingly popular in the US-- it's been in the top 100 boy names since 2017, and still climbing.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

50 minutes ago, Wifey4Lifey said:

While definitely not my taste, I don't think he'll have any issues with it as he ages. Maverick is surprisingly popular in the US-- it's been in the top 100 boy names since 2017, and still climbing.

I admit, I am not a huge fan of the name because all I think about is Tom Cruise in Top Gun. Since Trace Bates named his kid Ryker Cruise after Tom Cruise, will he name another boy Maverick? I’m thinking it’s a solid possibility. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

On 10/16/2023 at 4:37 PM, dawn9476 said:

If you think Tori and Kendra are bad, yikes at Laura and Nate Paine. Got married in 2018 and had their 5th earlier this year.

Do you have dates for Laura and Nate? Their dates just don't add up, and there are pics of their first four and no twins.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, ToriAmos said:

Do you have dates for Laura and Nate? Their dates just don't add up, and there are pics of their first four and no twins.

I don’t know their ages, but I figure I will add some information about Nate. He and Gabe Cleator have a podcast with IBLP called The Commands of Christ. They got married in February of 2018 so they had their first by the end of 2018. And if they are all in with IBLP, it’s not too shocking they are having baby after baby close together. It’s similar to how the Duggars and Bateses started out. 

This pic was the end of 2022. I’m guessing babies were born in years 2018, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023. 

BB0FCF02-3EFE-4458-A4FF-EABB33A15BCC.jpeg

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

On 10/19/2023 at 1:20 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Since Trace Bates named his kid Ryker Cruise after Tom Cruise, will he name another boy Maverick?

Did they ever say that they named him after Tom Cruise? A 3x divorced Scientologist actor seems like an odd choice for a fundie couple to name their kid after (and admit it!).

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, GreenBeans said:

Did they ever say that they named him after Tom Cruise? A 3x divorced Scientologist actor seems like an odd choice for a fundie couple to name their kid after (and admit it!).

Yup. Trace confirmed it. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

I took it as Trace and Lydia liked the sound of the name Cruise and used the spelling Cruise (as opposed to Cruz or maybe Crews) because Trace thinks Tom Cruise is cool.  If Tom Cruise’s name was Tom Pitt, I don’t think they would have used that name just because “Tom Pitt” is cool. And I also think a Scientologist is a strange choice for a fundie to honor in that way. Trace strikes me as not a deep thinker and Lydia is okay with compromise.

• Upvote 7

14 hours ago, ToriAmos said:

Their dates do add up tho. You can get pregnant right after birth because your fertility is so high after birth. Which is literally what they're doing sadly

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 2

8 hours ago, JDuggs said:

I took it as Trace and Lydia liked the sound of the name Cruise and used the spelling Cruise (as opposed to Cruz or maybe Crews) because Trace thinks Tom Cruise is cool.  If Tom Cruise’s name was Tom Pitt, I don’t think they would have used that name just because “Tom Pitt” is cool. And I also think a Scientologist is a strange choice for a fundie to honor in that way. Trace strikes me as not a deep thinker and Lydia is okay with compromise.

Trace loved TC in Top Gun and Maverick. I imagine he's also seen the Mission Impossible movies, but Trace mentioned Top Gun and Maverick by name. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 2

Gracie Brown Keyes is due in May with a boy, Brooks Davis. 

I forget if it's already been announced, but Gabby Barrett is expecting her third next year.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Courtney Collingsworth had her baby 6 weeks early on Oct 20th. Her name is Evie Mae. 

Another Evie Mae, huh? Hope she's doing well from coming early.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, EmiSue said:

Another Evie Mae, huh? Hope she's doing well from coming early.

I was surprised it wasn’t Evangeline Mae and nicknamed Evie. Because in their family, big first names that are turned into nicknames is the trend. 

• Upvote 3

I saw elsewhere that the young woman (who never looks older than 10 or 12) named Flan has announced a pregnancy.  I haven't seen it here, and don't know a lot, but I did remember her and how young she and her husband look.

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, SoSoNosy said:

I saw elsewhere that the young woman (who never looks older than 10 or 12) named Flan has announced a pregnancy.  I haven't seen it here, and don't know a lot, but I did remember her and how young she and her husband look.

Oh yes I remember her. She’s apostolic Pentecostal but went private at some point. So we stopped talking about her. I’m sure the nursery will be decked out. Those youngins have family money it seems.

• Upvote 3

On 10/24/2023 at 2:55 AM, RebeccaRay said:

Their dates do add up tho. You can get pregnant right after birth because your fertility is so high after birth. Which is literally what they're doing sadly

Yeah, just the dates on Fundiwiki are wrong (not too surprising). But wow, yeah - five babies in under five years. Same as Alyssa Morton.

Edited by ToriAmos
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, ToriAmos said:

Yeah, just the dates on Fundiwiki are wrong (not too surprising). But wow, yeah - five babies in under five years. Same as Alyssa Morton.

Thankfully Alyssa is slowing down. She’s not visibly pregnant at the moment and her youngest was born in January. 

• Upvote 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic
  • Coconut Flan unpinned this topic