IGNORED

Upcoming Babies 25: Totally Surprising Inevitabilities

Bethella

3 hours ago, ToriAmos said:

Yeah, just the dates on Fundiwiki are wrong (not too surprising). But wow, yeah - five babies in under five years. Same as Alyssa Morton.

I don't go off of anything that fundie wiki says. Half of the stuff they have for the Keyes family is incorrect through the Bates family wiki site

• I Agree 1

9 hours ago, RebeccaRay said:

I don't go off of anything that fundie wiki says. Half of the stuff they have for the Keyes family is incorrect through the Bates family wiki site

Yeah at some point they had the Duggars had 20 children and that Jim Bob and Michelle actually adopted Tyler Hutchins. They never did and now we know they have given up guardianship of him.

• Upvote 2

On 10/23/2023 at 4:52 PM, JDuggs said:

I took it as Trace and Lydia liked the sound of the name Cruise and used the spelling Cruise (as opposed to Cruz or maybe Crews) because Trace thinks Tom Cruise is cool.  If Tom Cruise’s name was Tom Pitt, I don’t think they would have used that name just because “Tom Pitt” is cool. And I also think a Scientologist is a strange choice for a fundie to honor in that way. Trace strikes me as not a deep thinker and Lydia is okay with compromise.

Trace mentioned not agreeing with his religion but that he still admired him as an actor and his movies. I do find it really weird to name a kid after an actor in general, even one thats an upstanding citizen (and thats not the case with Tom) but eh i guess the Bates already have a Patrick Stewart in the family.🤣

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, llucie said:

but eh i guess the Bates already have a Patrick Stewart in the family.

I’m in the middle of reading Patrick Stewart‘s memoir right now, and while he’s certainly not a perfect human being, I‘d much rather name my kid for him than for Tom Cruise. It’s a fun read, btw - can definitely recommend!

Edited by Nothing if not critical
  • Upvote 8

I refuse to actually name my kids after any famous person. I do name them after family members. But no one else. I honestly can’t even think of anyone I admire enough to name my kids after. Because I don’t actually have a loving relationship with celebrities. But I love my family members so it makes sense to me to name my kids after them. I just can’t name my kids after someone I don’t know. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

On 10/18/2023 at 6:28 PM, Wifey4Lifey said:

While definitely not my taste, I don't think he'll have any issues with it as he ages. Maverick is surprisingly popular in the US-- it's been in the top 100 boy names since 2017, and still climbing.

I know a Maverick who is like 9 or 10 now. It is definitely unusual but in that trendy way. 

On 10/25/2023 at 9:47 PM, RebeccaRay said:

The Bates family wiki is wrong in places too. For example it lists Emerson and her siblings as home schooled when there is a decent amount of evidence (like pictures in school newsletters) that they were not. The problem is all these wikis are publically outsourced.

• Upvote 2

Jeremiah and Nada Campana are having a girl. And yes, they did just have a baby in March. I’m wondering if these babies will be Irish twins. I haven’t seen a due date yet. 

• Upvote 3

30 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Jeremiah and Nada Campana are having a girl. And yes, they did just have a baby in March. I’m wondering if these babies will be Irish twins. I haven’t seen a due date yet. 

Wasn't the first one born in March of 2022?

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

Yes. March of last year 2022 and she's due in February 

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

Sorry about that. It seems like that baby was just born this year not last. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Sorry about that. It seems like that baby was just born this year not last. 

He's not posted much and neither nada or Jeremiah most much so it can seem like he was born this year

10 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

Erin Bates Paine had her 6th child, William Gage Paine. He was 5 weeks early.

Her kids keep coming earlier and earlier. 

• Upvote 5

On 10/30/2023 at 10:15 PM, marmalade said:

Her kids keep coming earlier and earlier. 

Doesn't Erin deliver early because of her clotting condition?

2 hours ago, Lady Dondarrion said:

Doesn't Erin deliver early because of her clotting condition?

That was the original plan, but she's gone into labor before they had to induce. I asked her about this after one of the middle girls was born, and she replied. 

• Upvote 5

Buckingham update! I got this off the Fundie wiki.

Christina finally had a baby! It's a girl named Rina Lael (2020-2021).

James and Rachel now have five children. Anne (8/?/15), Jane (9/?/17), Jim (2/14/20), Eddy (2020-2021), and Richard (8/?/23). I forget what we previously knew, so I listed all of them.

Maryanna had another- a girl around 2021.

Joshua and Alyssa had their first, a boy named Teddy in September.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Isla Jane Barger was born on Nov 3rd. Her name is fairly similar to her cousin Ivy Jane. 

Wonder if her parents will try to spin it as naming her for noted Protestant "heroine" Lady Jane Grey like Jessa and Ben tried to do for a hot minute. Both names are pretty, but the fake context was over the top.

• Upvote 4

25 minutes ago, EmiSue said:

Wonder if her parents will try to spin it as naming her for noted Protestant "heroine" Lady Jane Grey like Jessa and Ben tried to do for a hot minute. Both names are pretty, but the fake context was over the top.

Yeah that always annoys me. You can just like a name without some extreme stretch to a Christian hero. 

• Upvote 2

Missed baby: Caleb&Kasey Burnett had their third, a girl, sometime in late March/early April. Due date of 3/30 on the registry.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

On 11/8/2023 at 6:30 PM, justmy2cents said:

Jeremiah and Lexi Willis had Hayes Gerard on 10/24/23. He's baby # 3 for them.

Isn't Gerard also Maddox's middle name? I know Jeremiah & his brothers' share Scott as their middle names. Is it a family tradition to give sons the same middle name?

18 minutes ago, Lady Dondarrion said:

Isn't Gerard also Maddox's middle name? I know Jeremiah & his brothers' share Scott as their middle names. Is it a family tradition to give sons the same middle name?

Yep. Maddox has the same middle. It's either traditional or they just can't think of anything else.

Kya Jeub officially announced her 3rd pregnancy due in April of 2024

4 hours ago, Lady Dondarrion said:

I didn’t even catch that. Sounds like it could be a family tradition. 

1 hour ago, justmy2cents said:

I didn’t even catch that. Sounds like it could be a family tradition. 

Could be. 

I noticed Jedi and Lainey are divorced/separated. They never had kids. But she has two siblings married to Willis siblings. So it could be awkward in the future. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic
  • Coconut Flan unpinned this topic