IGNORED

Upcoming Babies 25: Totally Surprising Inevitabilities

Bethella

42 minutes ago, NoseyNellie said:

@JillyO I feel ya- my oldest was 2y9m when my twins were born.. full term.. all 3 in diapers cause the oldest was a stubborn and slow learner... I had to put gates up and locks on everything though since he loved to get into things while I was nurse trapped on the couch!  

Boy do I remember the days of being nurse trapped with only one newborn and a toddler suddenly being very quiet in the next room. Which was a terrible sign! 

• Haha 1
  • Love 5

I got pregnant when my first kid was about 21 months old, but ended up losing the baby and having my second one when number one was three years and three months old. In hindsight, I feel it was much better that way (even though I'm still sad about the miscarriage), because my firstborn still needed me so much at the age of two / two and a half. A few months can make quite a difference at that age. I could never have imagined getting pregnant within the first 18 months after giving birth.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 4

My first two are 5 years and 2 months apart.  Thanks secondary infertility.   Then I had 3 in 3.5 years.  It was rough.  Thankfully birthdays have them all two years apart in school.

I know three kids who because of prematurity are less than 2 years apart. (Made up years and days but the dates are the difference between their births) 1. May 5 2017 2. March 6 2018 3. March 4 2019.    

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

I know a family who had two sets of twins who actually went on to have a number 5. I wouldn’t take that chance! They got lucky the third pregnancy wasn’t twins. But I would have been done with the first set of twins 🤣

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

Brenna (Gimenez) Blankenship is expecting her second in mid June. She had a miscarriage a few months ago. She had a lot of scary health problems after the birth of her first, so hopefully she has a safe and uneventful pregnancy, birth, and postpartum. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

4 hours ago, KWLand said:

My first two are 5 years and 2 months apart.  Thanks secondary infertility.   Then I had 3 in 3.5 years.  It was rough.  Thankfully birthdays have them all two years apart in school.

I know three kids who because of prematurity are less than 2 years apart. (Made up years and days but the dates are the difference between their births) 1. May 5 2017 2. March 6 2018 3. March 4 2019.    

My cousin had twin boys after infertility and treatments (not sure if IUI or IVF), and had another boy (no treatments) about 15 months later. D/T the way their birthdays fall, they are 2 years apart in school. I also worked with a family who had triplets after infertility and treatments, and had a spontaneous singleton 16 months later. Those kids (now grown) were 1 year apart in school.

• Upvote 2

The age difference between my kids is 22 months and it was hard (and at 1 and 3 years old... sometimes still is 😉).

I never wanted my kids so close together, but kid 1 took 4 years of trying (and fertility treatments), kid 2 took 4 weeks! When I showed my husband the pregnancy test, I said, "What have we done?!". I felt overwhelmed at times, and it was hard to discuss that with some people because "we should be grateful that we got pregnant spontaneously." We were, but man, it was tough sometimes.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 6

44 minutes ago, Dutch_girl said:

The age difference between my kids is 22 months and it was hard (and at 1 and 3 years old... sometimes still is 😉).

I never wanted my kids so close together, but kid 1 took 4 years of trying (and fertility treatments), kid 2 took 4 weeks! When I showed my husband the pregnancy test, I said, "What have we done?!". I felt overwhelmed at times, and it was hard to discuss that with some people because "we should be grateful that we got pregnant spontaneously." We were, but man, it was tough sometimes.

Your story is very similar to mine. Infertility and medical help with the first. Very little old fashioned effort with the second. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 5

My gaps aren’t as close, but the younger two are closer than I would have liked for similar reasons. The first two took years (though no fertility treatments) and the last took one or two months. Fertility is weird and unpredictable!

• Upvote 3

You can be grateful for your children and still be overwhelmed or even angry at them at times. We humans are able to feel different emotions at the same time, why should one negate the uncomfortable ones? Life isn’t black or white.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 8

On 11/20/2023 at 11:06 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I know a family who had two sets of twins who actually went on to have a number 5. I wouldn’t take that chance! They got lucky the third pregnancy wasn’t twins. But I would have been done with the first set of twins 🤣

A friend of mine had struggled to conceive and when they finally found out they were pregnant they were thrilled it was b/g twins.  

a few years later conceived again and SHOCKED to learn g/g frat twins.. THEY WERE DONE

5 years later after a great summer vacation with friends she realized that she had not had a cycle in a while.. TERRIFIED... so relieved when it was just 1 baby.  

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, NCLunaLovegoodFan said:

Per Natty Darnell’s Instagram story, another girl born sometime this week. Name Blessing Sophia

Oh brother. Why not call her Sophia Blessing? These fundies…

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

7 hours ago, NCLunaLovegoodFan said:

Per Natty Darnell’s Instagram story, another girl born sometime this week. Name Blessing Sophia

I thought every child was a blessing  🙄 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 13

14 hours ago, NCLunaLovegoodFan said:

I can imagine his ill-disguised disappointment at the birth of another daughter.

Ugh the thought of having to grow up with those two hate-mongers as parents 😖

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

Stasia Salyer is pregnant again. She had her first on July 9th and now baby #2 is due in June. So 11 month between the babies. 

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 6
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • WTF 6
  • Thank You 2

21 hours ago, NCLunaLovegoodFan said:

Any bets on how quickly she will be pregnant again? the pressure is growing on Natty-boy to produce an heir....

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

7 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Stasia Salyer is pregnant again. She had her first on July 9th and now baby #2 is due in June. So 11 month between the babies. 

So she became pregnant with their 2nd before the first anniversary? Holy cannoli!

Edited by justmy2cents
  • Upvote 5

31 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

So she became pregnant with their 2nd before the first anniversary? Holy cannoli!

He is super into the anti choice movement. So I assume he wants a shitload of kids and she’s happy to be broodmare. 

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

He is super into the anti choice movement. So I assume he wants a shitload of kids and she’s happy to be broodmare. 

Yup. Plus, I have a feeling she's happy to outperform her sisters for once. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

On 11/23/2023 at 9:49 AM, NCLunaLovegoodFan said:

Whoever said at the birth of the first kid (Patience Hope?) that they’re all going to have weird virtue names seems to be right on the money. Even Sophia (which means wisdom) is a virtue name of sorts. The only exception will be the first boy, who will either be Nathaniel Jr. or some Trump-adjacent name. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

17 minutes ago, postscript said:

Whoever said at the birth of the first kid (Patience Hope?) that they’re all going to have weird virtue names seems to be right on the money. Even Sophia (which means wisdom) is a virtue name of sorts. The only exception will be the first boy, who will either be Nathaniel Jr. or some Trump-adjacent name. 

I truly hope they don’t have a lot of kids. Because it could just get worse and worse. Patience, Blessing, Prayer, Steadfast, Honesty, Endurance.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5

I may be wrong but I was thinking their oldest is probably close to two. Didn't we talk about how the oldest had made it to one without any pregnancy announcements?

And Natty Darnell is such an insidious person I don't want him to reproduce at all. I don't know which is worse, a daughter who he considers a second class citizen or a son who he would teach all of his hateful behaviors to. As I remember he was either linked to several young women or had broken courtships.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 6

• Coconut Flan locked this topic
  • Coconut Flan unpinned this topic