IGNORED

Upcoming Babies 25: Totally Surprising Inevitabilities

Bethella

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

This really surprises me because they all have extreme amounts of incest in the group. Like so much that they end up with a lot of babies with problems. I’m surprised all her children look like they don’t have genetic issues. You are basically only allowed to marry within the group. So Nancy is either his cousin or his niece. And she could be a combination. Like both niece and cousin at the same time. Because there’s just incest galore. There have even been marriages between half siblings in the group. He looks like a Kingston to me. But she doesn’t for some reason. I think most of the Kingstons have a look. They have similar eyes and jaw shapes. I’ve noticed it just watching the people who escape talking about it. This is all so weird. 

Amanda, former Kingston group member on youtube, said they do genetic testing now before the marriages are "ordained" as a chosen match by the leader. 

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 1

46 minutes ago, theotherelise said:

Amanda, former Kingston group member on youtube, said they do genetic testing now before the marriages are "ordained" as a chosen match by the leader. 

But Nancy and her husband have been married for so long that I bet they didn’t do genetic testing for them. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, theotherelise said:

I watch Amanda Rae’s videos.  She said on one of the videos that they do genetic testing to see if there will be problems producing healthy children.   They are usually related to some degree because it’s rare they bring outsiders (fresh bloodlines) into the cult.  One of her favorite sayings is “don’t boink your sister.” 😬  Her own father’s third wife is his half sister.  I’ve watched her YouTube episode about her family “bush” a couple times.  It’s wild.  She’s been recently interviewed on Mormon Stories (John Dehlin’s YouTube channel).

Such an interesting group.  It’s an oddity because they interact with the outside world, so they have more opportunities to escape, unlike say the FLDS.  

• Upvote 5

I’m guessing her in home daycare is just kids from the Kingston Clan. I can’t imagine outsiders wanting their children to spend 40 hours a week with cult members.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

On 1/17/2024 at 2:26 PM, BensAllergies said:

Daniel and Hannah Neeleman had their 8th child, daughter Flora Jo, on January 4th.

I love the name Flora 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

17 hours ago, CTRLZero said:

I’ve noticed it with the word “important.”  I can’t really describe it, but it’s just something I detect after watching a zillion LDS podcasts. 

There’s a whole ‘western accent’ (that’s what I’ve seen it described as) that I’ve heard from Utah and a bit from Arizona where say Mountain becomes Moun-ain.  Certain becomes Cur-ain.  The t seems to be dropped a lot.

• Upvote 2

I’ve noticed from LDS YouTubers that “feel” sounds like “fill”. That one always sticks out to me. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, front hugs > duggs said:

I’ve noticed from LDS YouTubers that “feel” sounds like “fill”. That one always sticks out to me. 

Yeah, that particular glitch seems to be a Utah thing. I've heard it from black Utahans who have nothing to do with the Mormons.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, front hugs > duggs said:

That’s common in Texas though too. You go to Texas and lots of people say will instead of wheel, fill instead of feel, mill instead of meal, etc. 

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, WannabeHistorian said:

Audrey Roloff is having a girl.

Is that number 4 for them? Do they have regular jobs, or are they 'Christian influencers'?

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Marly said:

Is that number 4 for them? Do they have regular jobs, or are they 'Christian influencers'?

Audrey just smugly smiles for the camera and pushes out babies with trendy names. It’s her job.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 1

16 hours ago, clueliss said:

There’s a whole ‘western accent’ (that’s what I’ve seen it described as) that I’ve heard from Utah and a bit from Arizona where say Mountain becomes Moun-ain.  Certain becomes Cur-ain.  The t seems to be dropped a lot.

Yes, this is exactly it. I think people are mixing a “Mormon” accent with a “Western” accent, which also happens to be where a lot of Mormons live. So if you’re listening to influencers then likely 99% of them grew up in Idaho, Utah, or Arizona.

Re: the Young family

The polygamy angle helped make my thoughts on them a lot more sense. They clearly had Mormon roots but there was something about them that made me think they weren’t mainstream. And I was right about them having skeletons in the closet. It was the dad that jumped out as creepy about girls/women with a big ego.

These kind of people are more dangerous than the typical fundie because they appear normal when out in society. They are not isolated at all if they are living in Davis County, although they likely interact almost exclusively with other Kingdom members. The kids go to school but it is likely the Kingdom-sponsored charter school.

I have a few friends who live in Davis County who are mainstream LDS and now I’m wondering if they know about this cult living in their community. There’s so many polygamy groups when you live in Utah that they start to run together.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, BensAllergies said:

Yes, this is exactly it. I think people are mixing a “Mormon” accent with a “Western” accent, which also happens to be where a lot of Mormons live. So if you’re listening to influencers then likely 99% of them grew up in Idaho, Utah, or Arizona.

Re: the Young family

The polygamy angle helped make my thoughts on them a lot more sense. They clearly had Mormon roots but there was something about them that made me think they weren’t mainstream. And I was right about them having skeletons in the closet. It was the dad that jumped out as creepy about girls/women with a big ego.

These kind of people are more dangerous than the typical fundie because they appear normal when out in society. They are not isolated at all if they are living in Davis County, although they likely interact almost exclusively with other Kingdom members. The kids go to school but it is likely the Kingdom-sponsored charter school.

I have a few friends who live in Davis County who are mainstream LDS and now I’m wondering if they know about this cult living in their community. There’s so many polygamy groups when you live in Utah that they start to run together.

But I’ve never heard people in Texas say “family” like a lot of Mormons do. I wish I could say it out loud to you. Because I have a hard time describing it. 

ETA: listen to Ruby Franke. She has the strongest mainstream LDS Mormon accent I’ve ever heard.

Christine Brown grew up in the UAB and she has it. Amanda Rae grew up in the Order and she has it. Listen to the FLDS and they have it. They all have variations of the Mormon accent depending on the group. But they all have similar pronunciations. Some accents are stronger than others. But you can definitely hear similarities. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 1

On 1/18/2024 at 12:50 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m guessing her in home daycare is just kids from the Kingston Clan. I can’t imagine outsiders wanting their children to spend 40 hours a week with cult members.

If the dad has multiple wives it's probably just her kids and their half siblings.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

But I’ve never heard people in Texas say “family” like a lot of Mormons do. I wish I could say it out loud to you. Because I have a hard time describing it. 

ETA: listen to Ruby Franke. She has the strongest mainstream LDS Mormon accent I’ve ever heard.

Christine Brown grew up in the UAB and she has it. Amanda Rae grew up in the Order and she has it. Listen to the FLDS and they have it. They all have variations of the Mormon accent depending on the group. But they all have similar pronunciations. Some accents are stronger than others. But you can definitely hear similarities. 

But all of those people grew up in Utah, yes? I think that’s my point - it’s a regional thing but the Mormon voices are the ones you’re listening to from those places. When I lived in Utah as a young adult for a few years, it was a topic of conversation that came up once in a while, because out of state transplants like me didn’t pronounce some words the same as those who grew up locally. And we had to be taught how to pronounce some of the town names like Hurricane and Escalante which don’t sound anything like they’re spelled.

I wish Texans had a more western accent. Most people here in DFW don’t have strong accents but my pest control guy does and I can’t understand him half the time. Also my next door neighbors are from Oklahoma and I have a hard time understanding them too. Their dog’s name is either Berkeley or Barkley and I keep hearing both but haven’t wanted to ask. 😂 

• Upvote 3

31 minutes ago, BensAllergies said:

. Their dog’s name is either Berkeley or Barkley and I keep hearing both but haven’t wanted to ask. 😂 

I'd go with Barkley just because that's a great name for a dog. I knew a cat named that once, too...

• Upvote 1

Susanna Lindsey Strauel welcomed a baby boy her first named Gavin Mark on the 11th. She never announced and got married in 2022. 

Tannan Millsap is expecting her 5th which is a girl

• Upvote 1

On 11/13/2023 at 1:18 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Jenny is married to Sean McDowell and Jasmine is married to Ryan McDowell. 

Sorry to be reviving this way later but here to share that Ryan McDowell is sadly an abuser, per this Tweet detailing his arrest for pretty horrific domestic violence towards Jasmine. 

Jasmine unfortunately appears to still be with him (posted happily with him recently). I hope she has support and a place to go if/when she needs. 

• Disgust 1
  • Sad 10
  • Thank You 1

27 minutes ago, caropeters said:

Sorry to be reviving this way later but here to share that Ryan McDowell is sadly an abuser, per this Tweet detailing his arrest for pretty horrific domestic violence towards Jasmine. 

Jasmine unfortunately appears to still be with him (posted happily with him recently). I hope she has support and a place to go if/when she needs. 

She married a man like her dad. Poor Jasmine. And the McDowells are so intertwined in that family that it’s probably even more difficult to leave. Although her brother did divorce Lainey McDowell. So there are only two Willis’ married to McDowells now. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 2

43 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She married a man like her dad. Poor Jasmine. And the McDowells are so intertwined in that family that it’s probably even more difficult to leave. Although her brother did divorce Lainey McDowell. So there are only two Willis’ married to McDowells now. 

100%

Seeing her husband in a mugshot just like her dad? Gut wrenching. 

A bunch of the siblings no longer follow her and Sean, it seems, and vice versa. Wonder if they had to distance themselves when she didn't leave him? Absolutely awful to think of. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 4

5 minutes ago, caropeters said:

100%

Seeing her husband in a mugshot just like her dad? Gut wrenching. 

A bunch of the siblings no longer follow her and Sean, it seems, and vice versa. Wonder if they had to distance themselves when she didn't leave him? Absolutely awful to think of. 

How sad. That family already has to deal with problems due to their father’s abuse. Large families with an abusive parent often have issues as adults. So I’m not that surprised. But it just makes me sad. 

• Upvote 5

Tommy Washburn’s wife had a boy after three girls. You can tell this patriarchal family is thrilled they have a son. On 1-11-24 and they named him Zekaryah Zion Washburn. I hope he gets a vitamin K shot so he doesn’t end up in the NICU like his older sister. 

• Upvote 7

That’s a very literal spelling of Zachariah. Almost like a cat walked across the keyboard.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 9

6 minutes ago, sleepygirl1 said:

That’s a very literal spelling of Zachariah. Almost like a cat walked across the keyboard.

He says it’s the Hebrew way to say it. They are fake Jews (messianic Christians). And they are insufferable about it. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 5

• Coconut Flan locked this topic
  • Coconut Flan unpinned this topic