IGNORED

Baby Name Thread 5

Coconut Flan

On 7/18/2024 at 6:31 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m hoping for names something similar to Amelia Rose and Eloise Hope.

Are these your guesses?

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

Are these your guesses?

I think I’ll stick with them.

• Upvote 2

On 7/20/2024 at 9:36 PM, IReallyAmHopewell said:

I've never heard of an American named Lottie or given the nickname Lottie. That would be interesting. It may just be where I live but honestly--never.

My dear departed Aunt was Lottie Mae!  Born in Tennessee just before 1920!

• Upvote 1

On 7/18/2024 at 5:55 PM, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Jed and Katey's twins:

Nevaeh Faith

Naomi Grace

For those who don't know Nevaeh is Heaven spelled backwards. Since they all but deny the trinity I didn't use that as her middle name, but it's a popular one with that name. or Trinity Neveah

Oh these are good guesses! I need to think on the names a bit and figure out where I think they will lean. Truett Oliver and Nora Kate feel pretty different to me, stylistically, so I am not sure what their style might be. I do think they will go super matchy.

On 6/1/2024 at 5:40 PM, Italiangirl said:

Nathan and Esther sre having a boy too. It will be the 8 boy in a row i think. The Bates are really on a boy streak right now 

I am thinking Estes Nathan. Either that or Easton. They named Kenna after Nathan and then gave her Esther’s middle name and Nathan mentioned wanting to name this one after Esther and Estes and Eastons are the closest male names I can come up with 😂.

• Upvote 5

22 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think I’ll stick with them.

BTW, one of those is my daughter's full name with a different first letter but I use a nickname.

Edited by justmy2cents
  • Upvote 2

On 7/19/2024 at 8:49 AM, JDuggs said:

Katey’s middle name is Koryn.

Katey Koryn? Please tell me you’re joking.

It’s hard to guess because they seem to have no theme. Their kids’ names sound like characters from an Agatha Christie novel. Because the twins are girls, we can’t even pick the names of random Christian businessmen. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Katey Koryn? Please tell me you’re joking.

It’s hard to guess because they seem to have no theme. Their kids’ names sound like characters from an Agatha Christie novel. Because the twins are girls, we can’t even pick the names of random Christian businessmen. 

Oh, it's worse--Katey is short for Kaitlin (sp?).

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1

Amelia Michelle & Sadie Koryn

Is Oliver a family name? That seems like an odd choice for their firstborn middle

Nester: Ezra Nathaniel Bates

• Upvote 6

On 7/25/2024 at 9:23 PM, CanadianMamam said:

Oh these are good guesses! I need to think on the names a bit and figure out where I think they will lean. Truett Oliver and Nora Kate feel pretty different to me, stylistically, so I am not sure what their style might be. I do think they will go super matchy.

I am ready to make my guess for the twins. Aria Michelle and Ava Kimberly. I think they will pick names that start with the same letter and I could see them doiing names that end with a for all their girls.  

• Upvote 3

The worst matchy twin names I could think of that kind of go with their style:

Lucy Jane and Lacy June

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 2

My guess for Jed and Katey is Elena Michelle and Elizabeth Kimberly.  Nicknamed Laney and Lizzie.

• Upvote 5

On 7/30/2024 at 2:09 PM, Johannah said:

Amelia Michelle & Sadie Koryn

Is Oliver a family name? That seems like an odd choice for their firstborn middle

Nester: Ezra Nathaniel Bates

Super trendy right now

• I Agree 2

On 8/1/2024 at 4:57 PM, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Super trendy right now

I know so many Oliver’s, it’s crazy. Also Olivias.

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 1

Attention everyone, Lawson is a dad!!! As many of you guessed the baby's first name is William (pretty predictable)  but 2 of you went further and guessed William Daniel. Come get your prizes @JermajestyDuggar and @raayx01 :banana-guitar::banana-guitar:

The rest of you @Melissa1977 @postscript @OHFL2009 @Expectopatronus @Johannah & @JDuggs just get these lousy cowboy hats 🤠🤠🤠🤠🤠🤠

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1

I've recently been catching up on Pod Meets World, a Boy Meets World recap podcast with Danielle Fishel, Rider Strong and Will Friedle, so the name William Daniel makes me think of William Daniels, and I'm picturing Lawson's baby as a tiny Mr. Feeny. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

On 8/4/2024 at 12:17 PM, CanadianMamam said:

I know so many Oliver’s, it’s crazy. Also Olivias.

I'm a name geek. I follow the trends like some follow the stock market LOL go ahead and laugh! The Social Security Name index is the greatest but keep in mind if you have a name like Katelynn, also spelled Caitlin or Kaitlin or Katelyn or Katelin or whatever each version is counted as a different name. Oliver and Olivia are off the charts.  Even "Truett" and "Rhett" have seen a recent bump. Don't discount the influence these folks have among the 4 letter Red Hat Society

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

I'm a name geek. I follow the trends like some follow the stock market LOL go ahead and laugh! The Social Security Name index is the greatest but keep in mind if you have a name like Katelynn, also spelled Caitlin or Kaitlin or Katelyn or Katelin or whatever each version is counted as a different name. Oliver and Olivia are off the charts.  Even "Truett" and "Rhett" have seen a recent bump. Don't discount the influence these folks have among the 4 letter Red Hat Society

I love this hyperfixation for you. It sounds like one I would like to add to my list but won't because A, I have to many to add more and B, I kind of have a very watered down hyperfixation of this anyway in that I get a buzz reading every year the most used names for my country. So many people also must because I usually find an article on daily fail. 

• Upvote 2

On 8/6/2024 at 4:29 PM, IReallyAmHopewell said:

I love names and fully understand your fixation. When I was a kid, I owned a couple of baby name books and would make lists of names I liked, including variations by country/language. One summer during high school, I took my yearbook, counted all the names and ranked them by most popular. I don’t recall the most popular girl’s name, but David and Michael were by far the most popular for boys. 

As a writer of historical fiction, it bothers me when other writers pick names that don’t fit with the time period. My characters tend to choose their own names and sometimes go with names I dislike. 

• Upvote 10

2 hours ago, postscript said:

I love names and fully understand your fixation. When I was a kid, I owned a couple of baby name books and would make lists of names I liked, including variations by country/language. One summer during high school, I took my yearbook, counted all the names and ranked them by most popular. I don’t recall the most popular girl’s name, but David and Michael were by far the most popular for boys. 

As a writer of historical fiction, it bothers me when other writers pick names that don’t fit with the time period. My characters tend to choose their own names and sometimes go with names I dislike. 

I’m also a name lister trying to figure out the most popular names, etc. from school directories. Since I was young, I always maintained baby name lists for my future kids, but when I actually had kids, I went with just plain popular names and family names. I think the names of the Duggar kids is what drew me into the fundie fascination. 

Names not fitting into the time period. I always wondered how the character Sklyler was named on Breaking Bad.  The other main characters her age were Walter, Marie and Hank. Where did Skyler come from?

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

On 8/6/2024 at 5:29 PM, IReallyAmHopewell said:

I totally agree. Some people don’t realize how extremely popular some names are because there are multiple spellings. This is very true for girl names especially. Names like Paul and Daniel are not going to have a bunch of popular spellings. Their ranking likely I sent affected. While names like Kaylee, Caitlyn, or Riley have multiple common spellings. 

• Upvote 3

Jed and Katey’s twins:

Emilia Michelle and Sadie Michelle 

for Nestor I’m going to second Ezra Nathaniel or possibly Ezekiel Nathaniel 

• Upvote 4

My guesses for Jed and Katey:

Lucy Grace and Violet Faith.

I can't see them being too matchy-matchy for the first names, but I think they'd totally go for cutesy virtue middle names. Or they could be as unoriginal as Michelle and give them both the same middle name.

• Upvote 3

On 8/9/2024 at 2:52 AM, JDuggs said:

I think the names of the Duggar kids is what drew me into the fundie fascination. 

Me too, I came over here from a baby name forum that no longer exists. One of the long-running games was 'rename the Duggars' where each poster had the next letter in the alphabet and had to come up with names for the right mix of genders and twins.

I used to be a lot more into it than I am now (time... and my own kids are already named) but anthroponomastics has always been a bit of a hobby. I'm also a writer, like @postscript, although I write contemporary novels for teens so my research involves looking at popularity lists from 10-15 years ago and/or class lists from high schools.

• Upvote 6

• 2 weeks later...

I found this on my Reddit home page and knew I had to post it in this thread.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 1