IGNORED

Katie and Travis 6: Maturing Faster than Carlin

Coconut Flan

I hope the baby is okay, but I keep thinking of his name as Wavy Gravy Clark, which would actually be a tremendous imorovement.

• Haha 6

On 9/30/2024 at 10:33 PM, Expectopatronus said:

Three weeks early is enough to be a problem. I know that it’s technically considered « full term » but my friend who is a nurse on the labour and delivery ward is adamant that it shouldn’t be. It was too early for my kiddo and clearly Harvey is also needing some help. No, it’s not in the same category as 25 weeks gestation but still. I hope the little guy gets the help he needs to thrive. 

I don’t think any of the Bates daughters have made it to full term. I think they have all been 38 weeks or earlier. But yes, 37 weeks is right on the cusp for a reason where most babies will be ok but some won’t be.

Although, 37 weeks was our end goal when I was pregnant with my last, I was going to be induced at exactly 37 weeks because it was a very stressful high risk pregnancy and at least. However, she came before that, so it was a moot point. But I think that is why 37 weeks is considered term because it is the safe induction point for extremely high risk pregnancies.

• Upvote 4

I was ready to drop my baby at 37 weeks and my doctor told me they don't consider it full term anymore.  Boy was I disappointed she hung on for another 3 and required forcible eviction (but far better than the stress of a NICU stay, of course).

• Upvote 4

11 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

I don’t think any of the Bates daughters have made it to full term. I think they have all been 38 weeks or earlier. But yes, 37 weeks is right on the cusp for a reason where most babies will be ok but some won’t be.

Alyssa has made it past 38 weeks with at least some of her children. Does going into labour early have to do with the blood cloth issues that many of the Bates women have? I remember that Alyssa does not have that, but what about the rest, do they all have it?

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Cupcake79 said:

Alyssa has made it past 38 weeks with at least some of her children. Does going into labour early have to do with the blood cloth issues that many of the Bates women have? I remember that Alyssa does not have that, but what about the rest, do they all have it?

Oh, I wasn’t sure about Alyssa. So yeah, it may be related to the blood clotting and yes, all but Alyssa have at least some clotting disorder and some have multiple. Tori is also hard to gage because we haven’t gotten due dates for her last few children, just general birth months. 

Edited by CanadianMamam
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

On 10/3/2024 at 2:18 AM, Cupcake79 said:

Alyssa's first few were born right at their due dates. She has think itsaid she hasn't been tested for the clotting disorder because her doctor doesn't think it is necessary. John made a comment in one of their Q&A videos that she hasn't had miscarriages and complications like her sisters so they think she doesn't have the factor. Who knows? They have lied so many times about the sequence of things for the show, etc. that it is hard to tell. It isn't impossible that six of the seven sisters who are married have it and she doesn't but those are some strange odds.