IGNORED

Medic Corps 2: Still Pretending

Coconut Flan

3 hours ago, JDuggs said:

Medic Corps posted on IG yesterday that they will be responding to Hurricane Helene. No updates today yet.

Of course. :pb_rollseyes: Did they bring their own Chick-fil-A or are they trying to save the Chick-fil-A's from the hurricane?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4

14 hours ago, marmalade said:

They really need to just stay home and let the pros do their jobs. 

Given what’s going on in Appalachia right now, can the Tennessee bees even get out to help anyone other than themselves?

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, JDuggs said:

Medic Corps posted on IG yesterday that they will be responding to Hurricane Helene. No updates today yet.

Oh hell no. They need to stay home and get jobs. I've done disaster recovery trips, but when it wouldn't be overly disruptive to those impacted (moreso than what they were already dealing with), and actual work for their homes, etc. and with an organized group, coordinating with a local organization. Not Grifting (stealing) w guns like they did in the Caribbean. I'm blanking on the location rtn. ETA: Bahamas, after Dorian

Edited by LongTimeLurkerOG
added location
  • Upvote 3

I just find it interesting that an organization that John David and Nathan are probably drawing salaries from based on donations never seem to actually help people. So eventually will they show some video footage from a helicopter of all the destruction and handing a bottle of water to someone and that will be the extent of their efforts? And if they want to market this organization, they should be showing what they’re doing now, not a few days after the fact. People (um suckers) want to donate to something that’s happening right now.

I think they prefer to “help” outside of the U.S. where there might be less oversight of their activities. I think their help for the earthquake in Turkey was a nice way to pay the airfare for Lawson and Tiffany’s European holiday.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

They're a lot more likely to suffer some kind of consequences for inappropriate behavior in the US than abroad if they're careful about the countries they pick, I suspect.  Things like supply appropriation aren't okay anywhere but it's probably not worth the time of the Bahama's government to find them in the US and go after them, for example.

• Upvote 3