IGNORED

Zach & Whitney 9: What about that Pregnancy Shoot?

Coconut Flan

They have at least 4 streams of income~ the boutique, Zach's a licensed realtor, Bates Kitchen YouTube, and Whitney's IG account. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, GreenBeans said:

Again, surprisingly un-fundie. I guess a lot of fundie principles are abandoned by the 2nd generation fundies (especially the influencer types) as soon as it gets inconvenient to stick to them.

In fact, quitting jobs is very fundie. Steve Anderson, Gil Bates and others quit their well paid jobs in order to have free schedules, be their own bosses and, in some cases (Steve) be at home because his wife couldn't cope with the kids. 

• Upvote 7

I think most quiverful fundie fathers realize pretty quickly that it’s almost impossible to have a 40 hour a week full time job that will support a huge family. So many start begging ministries along with other income streams they don’t brag too much about. Because people will donate less if they know you have a bunch of properties you rent out. 

• Upvote 3

23 hours ago, gobucks said:

They have at least 4 streams of income~ the boutique, Zach's a licensed realtor, Bates Kitchen YouTube, and Whitney's IG account. 

Do we have any evidence that Zach has ever sold a property?

• Upvote 5

49 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Do we have any evidence that Zach has ever sold a property?

No, I have no idea how many properties he has sold. I'm sure someone around here knows how to check the licensing or MLS or whatever to see. I don't even remember how recently he obtained his license and whether or not he has affiliation with a specific company. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

Whitney also got her realtor license a few years ago but doesn't seem to be doing much with it.  No shade, she seems to be doing fine with the boutique and her kids but it's another *potential* income stream - although the market is saturated with realtors, I think.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, gobucks said:

No, I have no idea how many properties he has sold. I'm sure someone around here knows how to check the licensing or MLS or whatever to see. I don't even remember how recently he obtained his license and whether or not he has affiliation with a specific company. 

Looks like he's sold one! Not much an income stream so far--https://wallacetn.com/realestate/agent/zach-bates/ 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 7

On 7/11/2024 at 9:47 AM, GuineaPigCourtship said:

Whitney also got her realtor license a few years ago but doesn't seem to be doing much with it.  No shade, she seems to be doing fine with the boutique and her kids but it's another *potential* income stream - although the market is saturated with realtors, I think.

Hers expired and she never renewed it.

On 7/11/2024 at 9:53 AM, HereticHick said:

Looks like he's sold one! Not much an income stream so far--https://wallacetn.com/realestate/agent/zach-bates/ 

Did we notice the testimonials about him? One is from Evan. If I remember, they didn't use Zach to buy their house. Zach didn't even have his license then.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

The house says sold/rented. So it's possible that it's a rental. 

And Evan's review is laughable. 

• Upvote 4

On 7/10/2024 at 6:10 PM, Melissa1977 said:

In fact, quitting jobs is very fundie. Steve Anderson, Gil Bates and others quit their well paid jobs in order to have free schedules, be their own bosses and, in some cases (Steve) be at home because his wife couldn't cope with the kids. 

Quoting myself because I wrote Anderson but I meant Maxwell. 

Steve Anderson also quit his job, but didn't help with the kids.

• Upvote 4

Whitney has an degree (or certificate) in medical billing. But I guess getting a job like that is too wordly. Or because fundies are allergic to strict schedules.

When she had 2 little kids, she got a realtor license. She apparently loved it and was quite active, but had to quit because it took her too much time out of home. Kelly wrote a passive-agressive post about she babysitting Brad and Kaci very often.

Then, she opened the store. 

Meanwhile, Zach became a police. Had to quit because he was working some Sundays and skipping church. He joined Gil in the trees business but soon left it and joined the store. As the manager, of course. He's a man, after all.

• Upvote 9

6 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Whitney has an degree (or certificate) in medical billing. But I guess getting a job like that is too wordly. Or because fundies are allergic to strict schedules.

When she had 2 little kids, she got a realtor license. She apparently loved it and was quite active, but had to quit because it took her too much time out of home. Kelly wrote a passive-agressive post about she babysitting Brad and Kaci very often.

Then, she opened the store. 

Meanwhile, Zach became a police. Had to quit because he was working some Sundays and skipping church. He joined Gil in the trees business but soon left it and joined the store. As the manager, of course. He's a man, after all.

It kills me about Whitney because she clearly did not grow up fundie.  I assume she became a Klingon to it because she did not have the best family life and was attracted to the large Bates family and all the seemingly happy togetherness.  Kelly Jo is no fool and surely sensed Whitney's vulnerability. 

The best was when Whitney was extolling the virtues of swimming in a skirt on BUB.  Obviously, we know now that whole schtick was for TV.  

• Upvote 8

Whitney was in a bikini in a IG story the other day so she’s going even more main stream.

• Upvote 5

If you grow up mainstream like Whitney did, I imagine it’s easier to go right back the the way you were before marrying into the Bates family. Whitney might like homeschooling now. But I bet they will eventually put the kids in Christian school. She likely doesn’t have the ingrained shame and guilt that the Bates girls deal with when it comes to wearing bikinis and letting her kids do mainstream things. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

Someone on Reddit posted that they went to the BSB today and overheard Whitney tell someone that she's done having kids. I guess we will see. I could see them having at least one more to get to an even six.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, dawn9476 said:

Someone on Reddit posted that they went to the BSB today and overheard Whitney tell someone that she's done having kids. I guess we will see. I could see them having at least one more to get to an even six.

Done until the baby fever kicks in or there is an oops baby. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 3

Whitney wasn't fundie but her bio dad was a pastor at a very conservative church and her guardians were very much evangelical. No evidence but I think that part of her issues with her parents stemmed from them being stricter than she wanted them to be (i.e. most teens would feel this way). 

I don't know if it is better or worse that she grew up in a home that dabbled heavily in religion compared to being completely fundamentalist. Sometimes with homes that dabble like that, you don't know what you are dealing with in terms of guilt. Something that was okay yesterday might be sinful today. I think that because of her issues with her parents and then marrying into the Bates, she has become a complete people pleaser. That does dip out sometimes - wearing a bikini or the more revealing maternity shoot. However, Kelly still plays that card. Kelly will comment on how cute the children are or how good something looks in terms of decor, but she rarely says positive things to the kids or inlaws about their appearances when they cross the line. 

• Upvote 3

On 5/1/2024 at 7:03 AM, AussieKrissy said:

My favourite example, men cook the bbq and get all the praise. Women shop for the meat, prepare the meat, deliver the meat, serve the meat, makes the sides, sets table, washes up and all the men do is cook and clean the bbq and they get all the glory.

My mom started wrapping all the vegetables in foil (with olive oil and seasoning) for my dad to put on the grill, so she'd have fewer sides to make. Even found an on the grill roasting pan for other stuff.  If there's a way for him to grill it so she doesn't have to cook it, she's found it lol. And it's cooked with fire, so the vegetables are manly now (never mind they have a gas stove)! She says she doesn't mind cleaning up so much anymore now that 90% of the meal is cooked and peeped by him now. Before that, it was just as you described. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

I’ve managed to make it through the last couple of Zach’s cooking videos. He is much better when he’s got a guest to play off of. On his own, the unrelieved folksiness is a bit much for my taste. Also, Kelly seems to have nothing better to do than show up and act as taster. 

on both videos, I was amused when the commercials that interrupted him were Kamala Harris, a politician Zach is unlikely to support. 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 2
  • Thank You 1

On 7/12/2024 at 8:09 PM, rebeccawriter01 said:

Hers expired and she never renewed it.

Did we notice the testimonials about him? One is from Evan. If I remember, they didn't use Zach to buy their house. Zach didn't even have his license then.

The other testimonial is from Warden’s friend Dillan. Who is like 21. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, CanadianMamam said:

The other testimonial is from Warden’s friend Dillan. Who is like 21. 

Good catch. It's funny to me that Zach would use such obvious and fake testimonials. While they have to work regular people jobs, he does have a modicum of celebrity from an upper channel and now dead reality show where he was part of a main cast of over 20. I would recommend if he wants to legitimately make it as a realtor and have some respect that is earned, he should stay away from the obviously fake things. He's already going to get a number of fake calls from borderline scary leg humpers. I would not want to make it worse by driving away real sources of income and sales. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

If Dillian is anything like Travis, his daddy might have purchased him a fixer upper or a rental. Who knows. I assume they are lying but maybe they aren't. 

Edited by gobucks
  • Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, gobucks said:

If Dillian is anything like Travis, his daddy might have purchased him a fixer upper or a rental. Who knows. I assume they are lying but maybe they aren't. 

At the least there is misinformation. Zach is not listed as having been on a sale. The website for the firm he is with lists one closing that appears to be a lease not a purchase. So the testimonials are misleading if not out and out lies.

• Upvote 2
  • Disgust 1
  • Thank You 1

• 2 weeks later...

Isn't Dillian someone they know from Church?  I think he and his family are Bates family friends. It could be the Dillian that I think was in Trace and Lydia's Co ski trip that the family does every year in January with people from the church.  He's only in that video for a split second. I think they were driving somewhere and Trace pointed him out in the car as a church friend.

Edited by dawn9476
  • Upvote 2