IGNORED

House of Representatives 5: The Clown Caucus is Throwing Their Toys Out of The Playpen

GreyhoundFan

Jamie Raskin's latest class on the Constitution (about 45 minutes long), in which he explains, in his witty, passionate way, how Trump ignored and distorted the emoluments clauses.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 7

Dr. Feelgood sounds like he should be tested for drugs.

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 3

• 3 weeks later...

Good gravy.

• WTF 5
  • Haha 1

These people are so strange, part 849,224,105.

By the way, I've seen multiple Dove ads this week. Maybe they don't advertise on Faux or Newsmax.

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • WTF 5
  • Haha 2

On 7/12/2024 at 11:10 AM, GreyhoundFan said:

Good gravy.

Sounds great! Let's start with raising taxes again so the top bracket are paying 91%, then move on to the revolutionary action to overthrow fascism. Oh, not what you meant?

• Upvote 6

Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee has passed away. This is a lovely tribute.

• Love 7

This description o Harriet is on point:

And she says that Kamala is "intellectually kind of bottom of the barrel." Um, no, honey, that's you.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 2
  • Haha 4

Any time some congress critter with an "R" behind their name complains about The Border, someone needs to remind them there WAS a deal on a border bill.  Repubs got 90% of what they wanted in that bill.  Their own negotiator was happy with the bill.  And then the Repubs tanked it because Trump told them to.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

Andy Ogles tries to get Harris impeached - but first, he wants her to invoke the 25th amendment against Biden. An FJ connection - Bro Gary's pastor, David Baker, ran for the Tennessee office Ogles used to hold before he ran for Congress:

U.S. Rep. Andy Ogles, R-Columbia, is leading an effort with other conservative Republicans in criticizing Vice President Kamala Harris in the wake of President Joe Biden's withdrawal from the presidential race.

Ogles announced Tuesday a second impeachment resolution against Harris, according to a Politico story.

In a Tuesday announcement first reported by Fox News, Ogles is also urging Harris to invoke the 25th amendment amid concerns over Biden's health. The 25th Amendment allows for the permanent or temporary removal of the president if they are unable to fulfill the duties of the office.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/politics/elections/2024/07/23/andy-ogles-files-impeachment-articles-against-vp-kamala-harris/74517856007/

• Upvote 5
  • Eyeroll 1

If you have 10 minutes, this video speaks to some of the things we've discussed in various threads - Ogles' latest crap, the trivializing of calling for impeachment, the trend for Republican representatives to only want fame and getting it through stunts, Brian Tyler Cohen (he's talking to Marc Elias here), the GOP's embrace of racism and sexism, and how and why they're freely using it against Harris.

I'm not sure that there's anything new to politically aware FJers here, but I found it interesting.

Spoiler

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 6

• 2 weeks later...

A GQPer with campaign finance issues...color me shocked. /s

• Haha 5
  • Thank You 2

Perfect response to Gym. 
image.png.f0b1590bd331ba0b2ffacc220346f00e.png

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 7

On 8/6/2024 at 8:01 PM, GreyhoundFan said:

A GQPer with campaign finance issues...color me shocked. /s

Oh, there will be weeping and wailing (OK, more likely blaming others for attacking this poor innocent Christian man) at Bro Gary's church.

I'm here for it.

• Upvote 5

Comer Pyle is nothing if not consistent. He'll probably also start investigations into the Walz offspring.

image.png.da167c1811a5312fdd2a3b2968e16523.png

• Eyeroll 7

Nancy Mace is a nasty piece of work.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

I adore Jared:

image.png.c290ec5393983a42e6591ca0918ae0d1.png

image.png.c8a12b55481f85466adcf9de77e7d436.png

• Eyeroll 6
  • Thank You 2

I can't believe Faux had Jared on.

• Upvote 4

AOC, being strong, insightful and delightful. Hey, @47of74, she talks about ST:Voyager.

Spoiler

• Upvote 2