IGNORED

Unmarried Fundies 12: They Should Set Up Fundie Mingle

Coconut Flan

With Jana married, the Duggar and Bates now both have 12 married children. The Duggars still have the grandchildren edge, they have 33 with 2 on the way, while the Bates have 30 with 2 on the way. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 4

14 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

With Jana married, the Duggar and Bates now both have 12 married children. The Duggars still have the grandchildren edge, they have 33 with 2 on the way, while the Bates have 30 with 2 on the way. 

I always kind of figured one would outbreed the other in grandchildren. But they are currently very close in size. So that’s surprising. 

• Upvote 5

49 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I always kind of figured one would outbreed the other in grandchildren. But they are currently very close in size. So that’s surprising. 

If you take out the first 3 M's, because they were born before anyone else in either family got married, the families are exactly even. Time will tell who comes out ahead in the end, but my money is on the Bateses.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, EmiSue said:

If you take out the first 3 M's, because they were born before anyone else in either family got married, the families are exactly even. Time will tell who comes out ahead in the end, but my money is on the Bateses.

DuggarData which is no longer active predicted that the Bates would end up with more grandchildren, by about 30 more I think. I don’t think either family will come close to the original predictions of around 200 grandkids now that they’ve discovered birth control.

• Upvote 5

If I remember correctly, a big part of the prediction difference between families was the effect of Kelly’s super fertility. She had a faster reproductive pace and had her last live birth at an older age (46? Maybe? Versus 43).

With several of the Bates daughters known to be affected by clotting disorders, they don’t seem likely to have the same outlier fertility as their mom. 

But yeah, we’ve heard from plenty of them now in both families that they are not quiverful in the same way as their parents. 

• Upvote 1

With most of them choosing to have small families now it will be a struggle for either family to even reach 100 grandkids.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, llucie said:

With most of them choosing to have small families now it will be a struggle for either family to even reach 100 grandkids.

Which is not surprising. Most kids of enormous families don’t have enormous families. They lived that life once to know it’s enough.

• I Agree 7

1 hour ago, llucie said:

In order for either family to reach 100 grandkids each kid would have to average 5.25 kids which does seem unlikely.  The youngest Duggar sons can be reproducing until 2050 if they married similar age women. Longer if the wife is significantly younger. The youngest Bates sons are even younger. The grandkid count may not be complete until 2060 or so. I likely won't be around by then, not in my right mind anyway, lol.

• Upvote 6

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Which is not surprising. Most kids of enormous families don’t have enormous families. They lived that life once to know it’s enough.

I agree with this. I mentioned this before I had a friend in school who was the youngest of 6 kids. Her 3 oldest brothers don’t have kids. 

• Upvote 3

It's hard to take most of these people seriously when it comes to having small families. I'm not sure any of them will have 19 kids, but most of them will probably have at least 5 kids, which is considered a big family in modern America.  It's easy to say they won't have more kids, but most of the people saying that haven't gone more than 3 years without a baby if that long. If they're still public, it will be interesting to see who actually has a small family or not. 

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 2

Yeah, I think we will see families that are much smaller than they grew up in, but are on the large end of normal. 4 of the Bates and two of the Duggars are already at 5+ kids (which is the high end of normal) with JoKen getting there with their next pregnancy. 

• Upvote 5

I also think there will be more than one kid in each family that decides no kids at all. 

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 4

37 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I also think there will be more than one kid in each family that decides no kids at all. 

It's still fairly early in the marriage, but Justin and Claire are still childfree. We don't know why, but every other couple had kids by that point in their marriage.

• Upvote 6

My grandfather was one of 13 (14th died as a small child) and they were farmers in Louisiana.  The most children any of them had was, one brother had three; several didn’t have any, and those were the brothers who wouldn’t have been doing the childcare and housework.  I know one brother and his wife tried to adopt so there was a fertility problem there; my mother was a foster child so my grandfather didn’t father any and he adored children.  I know a couple of the older sisters were kind of bitter after having to raise the younger ones, because their mother always took an afternoon nap.  The entire family did as they grew up and got older.  

Edit: The father died fairly young, or they might have had 20 or more.

Edited by SoSoNosy
Add
  • Upvote 6

On 8/22/2024 at 10:40 AM, justmy2cents said:

DuggarData which is no longer active predicted that the Bates would end up with more grandchildren, by about 30 more I think. I don’t think either family will come close to the original predictions of around 200 grandkids now that they’ve discovered birth control.

Wasn't that based on if each kid had 19 kids of their own? Birth control or no birth control, each kid having 19 over their own was never going to happen.

46 minutes ago, dawn9476 said:

Wasn't that based on if each kid had 19 kids of their own? Birth control or no birth control, each kid having 19 over their own was never going to happen.

No, Very few kids of either were ever predicted to have 19 kids. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

59 minutes ago, Angelface said:

If each child had 19 children there would be 361 grandchildren. 

I'd say that they might all have maybe 5. Josh doesn't count cuz 2 of his were born after scandals

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • WTF 1

On 8/29/2024 at 12:57 AM, raayx01 said:

Gracia Campana is engaged to Owen Letzinger

That is a big honkin' ring!

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, dawn9476 said:

Jason Duggar and Maddie Grace are engaged.

3.png

I bet they didn’t want to steal Jana’s thunder. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3