IGNORED

Pearls 2: Michael, Shoshanna, et al

Coconut Flan

Posted (edited)

I have a neighbor who sees real medical practitioners who was pushing me to go to a natural or herbal clinic in Los Angeles instead of getting real medical treatment.  I told her it was the same as her leg problem.  If blueberries could cure it, they would have already.  

I read a very disappointing article written by an MD about lupus yesterday.  She was pushing meditation and a mediterranean diet as the best ways to deal with lupus.  

Some people are very susceptible to woo.  

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Upvote 7
  • Sad 3

Posted (edited)

I'm curious about the context of the three options. Were they questioning the clinic and the clinic wanted to grift more so they made it seem like he's doing better? Or is he in his final few days and this is him rallying before the end? I have so many questions. What percentage of staffers are genuine believers? Are any of the staffers secretly trying to convince them to do scientifically verified medicine? Are their children under the impression this clinic is a godsend and that he'll be back to them healthy soon? Is he having doubts about the efficacy of this so called clinic? Does he want to go back to the states and be in his own home? 

Edited by Giraffe
More questions
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

There are probably some staffers that are true believers, because there are always people who seem to WANT to believe but there are probably some who know it's BS and don't care as long as they're collecting a paycheck.  I would imagine if the staff was trying to send people away for real treatment they'd be found out and fired very quickly.

The kids probably think he's coming home soon healed because that seems to be what they think based on her posts, and that's just really sad.

It makes me think of a friend who was a very religious evangelical to fundie.  She and her husband felt "called" to move to northern California and join a church know for prayer healing.  After about 6 months there, watching people come and die instead of being healed or seeking real care, she became an atheist.  I think her ex is still religious but I'm not sure.

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 2

• 3 weeks later...

It looks like Shoshanna could have wedding bells...umm, "biblical marriage" bells... in the near future with her flame, Eric. He just posted that he's moving from PA to TN (Shoshanna's state).  

• Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 3
  • Thank You 5

9 hours ago, TrueRebel1 said:

It looks like Shoshanna could have wedding bells...umm, "biblical marriage" bells... in the near future with her flame, Eric. He just posted that he's moving from PA to TN (Shoshanna's state).  

I just can’t see it working out. She seems to love her freedom Now way too much. She has Lauren her BFF servant, her parents right down the road, plexus to sell, a house she seems to like, and her kids to keep her company. What’s this guy offering? Sex. Hmmmph. You can get that without marriage. 

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 3

37 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I just can’t see it working out. She seems to love her freedom Now way too much. She has Lauren her BFF servant, her parents right down the road, plexus to sell, a house she seems to like, and her kids to keep her company. What’s this guy offering? Sex. Hmmmph. You can get that without marriage. 

Yup. She'd have to give up a lot of freedom and selfishness to actually make a blended family work. Like, how is this really going to go down? Does she kick Lauren out of the house and start doing her own work? Or does she, Lauren and Eric and various stepkids all live together without her changing her lifestyle? I can just see it...."Bye honey, Lauren and I will be back from the beach next week! Don't forget to remodel the bathroom while I'm gone!" 

I mean, probably the most mature choice they could make is to be unmarried neighbors with benefits.

I think Shoshanna knows how much singleness agrees with her, but my guess is she can't resist the power play of 1) Being very desired by a man/being able to play with their heart, and 2) Sticking it to James that she's still a catch. 

• Upvote 7

32 minutes ago, TrueRebel1 said:

I think Shoshanna knows how much singleness agrees with her, but my guess is she can't resist the power play of 1) Being very desired by a man/being able to play with their heart, and 2) Sticking it to James that she's still a catch. 

I'll add 3) will not move on from cleaving to Lauren in order to cleave to New Man. Sexual or not, the relationship Shoshanna and Lauren have comes across very much a marital-type relationship and Shoshanna won't be ending that anytime soon. 

Edited by Giraffe
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

Lauren’s marriage last what? A year? Before she was back with Shoshanna. 

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, TrueRebel1 said:

I mean, probably the most mature choice they could make is to be unmarried neighbors with benefits.

I really wonder if this is what will happen in some way. Either Eric or Lauren as the neighbour.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

I really wonder if this is what will happen in some way. Either Eric or Lauren as the neighbour.

Maybe both! 😀

• Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

How old is Shoshanna? 

1 hour ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

How old is Shoshanna? 

She turned 40 this year. 

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

Shoshanna is hosting some sort of large gathering with people flying in and staying all week. Is this a fundie/old Pearl followers Cane Creek retreat? Plexus insiders get the priviledge of visiting Shoshanna's home? Wedding for her son or HER? "Lovebombing" her flame by showing off all her friends and how popular she is? I'm pretty sure I spied Eric in her stories of swimming in the creek. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

I hope the Brands are coming home soon. It’s Father’s Day and their kids are still with Debi and Mike. Shalom came home to surprise the kids for Mother’s Day. So I wonder if the kids are expecting that for Father’s Day. I hope they come home. Because those kids need their dad present in their lives and not a thousand miles away. 

• Love 3

23 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I hope the Brands are coming home soon. It’s Father’s Day and their kids are still with Debi and Mike. Shalom came home to surprise the kids for Mother’s Day. So I wonder if the kids are expecting that for Father’s Day. I hope they come home. Because those kids need their dad present in their lives and not a thousand miles away. 

On a recent FB post, Justin said that they hope to head home on the 24th if “all the tests are clear.” 

Sadly, when it comes to that quack clinic, “clear” probably means “patient has no more money.”

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 7
  • Thank You 1

27 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

On a recent FB post, Justin said that they hope to head home on the 24th if “all the tests are clear.” 

Sadly, when it comes to that quack clinic, “clear” probably means “patient has no more money.”

I swear if they make him stay longer I’m going to throw my phone! Ok I won’t throw my phone but I’ll be livid. Let that man get back to his kids! 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

On one of their stories, Shalom said that it’s not recommended that Justin fly because of his blood clot. So they bought a car and are planning to drive home. I didn’t see the part about June 24th. Justin does look good right now, but I realize that’s probably not the best indicator of his actual health. Shoshanna seems to love fricking long road trips. She should run out there to bring them home.

• Upvote 5

14 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

On one of their stories, Shalom said that it’s not recommended that Justin fly because of his blood clot. So they bought a car and are planning to drive home. 

I... don't quite know what to say to that. The reason flying is mostly a risk for blood clots, afaik, is because of the long sitting with little room to move around. I understand that airlines don't want the risk of a medical emergency while in the air and that's their right. But driving means so much more sitting still. I hope they prep well and take lots of breaks.

Edited by MariaariaM
  • Upvote 6
  • Sad 2

7 hours ago, MariaariaM said:

I... don't quite know what to say to that. The reason flying is mostly a risk for blood clots, afaik, is because of the long sitting with little room to move around. I understand that airlines don't want the risk of a medical emergency while in the air and that's their right. But driving means so much more sitting still. I hope they prep well and take lots of breaks.

Yeah I hope they take lots of breaks and he wears compression socks the whole trip. 

• Upvote 4

13 hours ago, MariaariaM said:

A friend of mine had a blood clot and she was told to stop around every 2 hours on road trips. She was still able to travel. Driving is less risky than flying. It's easier to take breaks. Hopefully though they aren't driving through places in the middle of nowhere.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Driving is less risky than flying.

True per hour traveled - although the difference isn't huge - but driving takes so many more hours in total, especially if you're taking proper rest and exercise breaks every two hours that I don't see the overall risk being lower that way. Especially because I don't expect them to actually take the needed breaks anymore after the first day of driving. First class plane tickets with the option to lie down properly would probably be safest overall - if any airline would take them, but I don't expect them to be honest about the state of his health while booking so maybe that's moot.

• I Agree 1

I would looking to a train option only because you can get up and walk around on trains often. 

• Upvote 6

On 6/16/2024 at 8:18 AM, JDuggs said:

I didn’t see the part about June 24th.

Itʻs on this FB post of Justinʻs. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

How long would it take them to drive? Are there train options from where they are to home?

If they take it slow with lots of breaks and rest driving is probably OK but geez it's a long way. I really wish they had gone with actual medical treatment, preferably closer to home.

• I Agree 3

I think it’s about a 2,000 mile trip from Tijuana to TN (I don’t know where they live in TN). Today Shalom wrote that they’re planning to make the drive over six days. They made a trip into the U.S. today. It took them 5 hours to get through the border crossing.

• Upvote 3

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic