IGNORED

Maxwells 59: On the Road Again

Coconut Flan

Church in the parade and females in shorts!

• Upvote 6

I’m seriously relieved Nathan’s girls are going to an actual church. With other children their age. And activities. They can make friends outside of their family. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 4

20 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m seriously relieved Nathan’s girls are going to an actual church. With other children their age. And activities. They can make friends outside of their family. 

I wonder if Nathan does what Steve did when it came to friends: both families had to be friends with each other, no individual friendships. 

• Upvote 4

I assume Sam, Mary and Anna and the others are doing one of these trips (BMW is the missionary organization they, and Sam's family, are affiliated with): https://biblicalministries.org/opportunity/vision-trip-mexico or https://biblicalministries.org/opportunity/vision-trip-Mexico-1

By the way, Sam of course speaks Spanish because he grew up in Uruguay, but did ABC offer language classes, other than Greek and Latin for biblical study?

Edited by HereticHick
  • Upvote 4

On 7/22/2024 at 6:57 AM, Bethy said:

...I also remembered John taking a trip, and his location and what he was doing were both very hush-hush...They never said where they went or what they were doing, claiming they were protecting the privacy of the ministry. 

I remember the speculation!  So silly for Steve to keep everything on the down low.  Now everybody knows what all the Maxwells (except Steve) are doing.  Actually, we know that Steve is likely sinking more deeply into his curmudgeonly self as most of the kids are living their own lives.  

• Upvote 6
  • Confused 1
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, HereticHick said:

did ABC offer language classes, other than Greek and Latin for biblical study?

Yes, ABC offers Spanish specifically with the intention of ministering in Spanish speaking communities/countries. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

OMG you guys! I had my own (literal) Terri Maxwell cheese paper moment! 
I’m camping with my wife and daughter and made cheese and hummus sandwiches for my wife for the next day.

She took one out for lunch, took a bite, and discovered I had left a piece of the paper that separates the cheese behind!

I started giggling madly and she knows I read here, so my wife just it had something to do with the crazy fundies again. Hahaha!

Edited by SisterCupcake
Misspelling
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 17
  • Love 3

Hi!

Didn't know where else to come.

Any updates on the Bollinger family as a whole?

• Upvote 2

On 7/27/2024 at 6:43 AM, Bethy said:

And Gigi next to her?

Great to see Gigi still around! She never seemed to be an extremist a'la Steve, she even went to a cruise with Aunt Tami and her family (and wore pants there!). Gigi must be truly happy for Sarah, Anna, and Mary living their lives outside the Maxhell Compound.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

John and Chelsy’s kids:

73B43892-1470-4FD8-8B55-4A099A7C8237.jpeg

Ax and Mad look like Maxwells. Elliot looks like a Bontrager through and through. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 9

On 7/26/2024 at 9:46 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Their church posted a big group picture so I zoomed in on Sam, Mary, Teri, and Steve. Doesn’t it look like Steve might have a beard? I can’t remember the last time Steve had a beard. 

3D65F3A8-1BDE-4CF3-90A1-BBA77DD7EB62.jpeg

Maybe Steve felt trapped, too? Probably not, but he lived a life before the cult. Who knows. NOT DEFENDING HIM--just speculating. I'm sure he's still peddling his a--h-l-ness to the gullible in the guise of helping families. But the whole cult brand was damaged by Joshy Duggar.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

22 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

John and Chelsy’s kids:

73B43892-1470-4FD8-8B55-4A099A7C8237.jpeg

Ax and Mad look like Maxwells. Elliot looks like a Bontrager through and through. 

No Chelsy though. She also hasn't posted on her blog in a long time. 

• Upvote 2

Idle Speculation Bus: Chelsy hasn't been seen for a while. Becky is visiting. Maybe #4 is on the way. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 1

She did post a picture of herself a few days ago with a very flat stomach. I suppose it could be an older photo, though.

I think after all of her surgeries and nearly dying while giving birth prematurely, she and John are putting a pause on having more kids. At least I hope so.

Edited by indianabones
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 2

1 hour ago, indianabones said:

She did post a picture of herself a few days ago with a very flat stomach. I suppose it could be an older photo, though.

I think after all of her surgeries and nearly dying while giving birth prematurely, she and John are putting a pause on having more kids. At least I hope so.

Thanks! I didn't know about the new post. She mentioned including photos from the beginning of the year.  3 years would be a long break for a fundie. I might be wrong though, and I'm just speculating. 

• Upvote 3

Even Chelsy’s very fundie sister admits to spacing her kids. I honestly hope Chelsy is done having kids. But I also wouldn’t be shocked if she eventually decided to have one last baby.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

52 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I also wouldn’t be shocked if she eventually decided to have one last baby

Despite the fact that Chelsy wears pants and makeup, she is still fundie. I would not be surprised if she has more than one child, despite any associated health risks. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

On 8/6/2024 at 5:35 PM, Bluebirdbluebell said:

No Chelsy though. She also hasn't posted on her blog in a long time. 

I just saw a couple posts on her blog that have been put up in the last month and discusses health problems.

Edited by QuiverMeDone
Missing words
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

29 minutes ago, QuiverMeDone said:

I just saw a couple posts on her blog that have been put up in the last month and discusses health problems.

Her post about Christmas 2023 detailed that she had her appendix out and her hernia fixed. I don’t know how long you have to wait after hernia surgery to get pregnant, but I would hope for at least a year. That’s just me though. 

And I have to point this out. Look at that long hair sticking out on Jesse! Whew I bet Steve hates that 😂

1E33185E-C4EB-4707-AB6F-9E43D475C987.jpeg

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 9

I just skimmed her blog posts to catch up.  No reasonable person would think twice if their family was complete at three.  In fact, I expect most people would think that a wise decision.  She's been through the ringer.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Her post about Christmas 2023 detailed that she had her appendix out and her hernia fixed. I don’t know how long you have to wait after hernia surgery to get pregnant, but I would hope for at least a year. That’s just me though. 

And I have to point this out. Look at that long hair sticking out on Jesse! Whew I bet Steve hates that 😂

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I love that he's enjoying his hair while he has it. I think Nathan is balding pretty significantly so good on Jesse for doing what he wants with it now! (I had several guy friends who struggled to keep their fast-growing hair compliant with the strict rules at our fundie-lite college, which means they had to constantly buzz off their hair while they had it, and now they're balding and can't have fun growing it anymore. I think that's sort of sad.)

Also, seven of the eight came to Chelsy and John's fun Christmas eve? I was assuming Christopher would be the absent one but that looks like the back of his head in the pic.  

Also - so much to love in this picture. Gigi looking healthy and well. Teri's most flattering haircut ever. Nathan's girls not being forced to dress like middle-aged women. The kid with the KC Chiefs sweatshirt and the long-haired boy in Aunt Anna's arms. The way Christopher's kids are casually mixed in with the other cousins, not standing off uncomfortably to the side. NR-Anna's long hair styled the way she likes it. And Sarah adorably standing on tiptoe as she cozies up to Kory.

Screenshot_20240808_115822_Chrome.jpg

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 13

I would be afraid the hernia would come back if I got pregnant again. Then that’s another surgery. And I’m guessing Chelsy is very tired of having surgery with multiple little kids at home. I’m sure it’s a huge stressor. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

4 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I would be afraid the hernia would come back if I got pregnant again. Then that’s another surgery. And I’m guessing Chelsy is very tired of having surgery with multiple little kids at home. I’m sure it’s a huge stressor. 

The next generation of sister moms is stepping up though - she mentions nieces coming to help and do laundry. I'm assuming she means the ABC girls but Christopher's older girls are old enough to be helpful as well, though I could see their parents being scared to send them, unsupervised, into a house where there's so much makeup and pants and stuff. 

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Bethy said:

The next generation of sister moms is stepping up though - she mentions nieces coming to help and do laundry. I'm assuming she means the ABC girls but Christopher's older girls are old enough to be helpful as well, though I could see their parents being scared to send them, unsupervised, into a house where there's so much makeup and pants and stuff. 

I have a feeling Melanie and Chelsy are tight. Because Jesse and Joe’s families live an hour away. And Anna and Chris are way too uptight. 

• Upvote 8