IGNORED

Bontragers/Bowers/Helferichs 13: In the Middle of Jesus’ First Relationship

nelliebelle1197

9 hours ago, RebeccaRay said:

Proof to Mitchell and Bryn having a baby?

Their church livestream showed Mitchell and Bryn with Brynleigh and the new little one. Couldn’t see the boys but assumed they were at kids church. And a few weeks ago on Father’s Day the preacher called out congratulations to Mitchell and Bryn. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 5

4 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

This is Bryn's brother's photography business, right? https://www.instagram.com/leppert_media/ 

Which Bontrager family is this? I can't keep track--https://www.instagram.com/p/CunM1cBJhXg/?img_index=1 

Bryn has 3 brothers. That’s one of them. He took family pics when they only had 3 kids. I’m sure he’ll take family pics again now that they have 4. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, HereticHick said:

And here are some of the Paul kids driving down the road in town in an off-road vehicle (I think a Polaris?), with no discernable seatbelts. Unclear to me if this type of vehicle is street legal in their county.

I guess its good that these young people probably don't drink, because that would certainly increase their chances of winning Darwin Awards.

image.png.bbb72005d6a10244f46cda535cd9e8c7.png

If they're like the Bontragers, they might speed though. Speeding can be really dangerous even without booze.  Here's a link.

261 days from dating to married. Wow. 

Screenshot_20240711_125104_Instagram.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

5 hours ago, justpassingthru said:

261 days from dating to married. Wow. 

Screenshot_20240711_125104_Instagram.jpg

Justus Stangl and Emily Haight have a fast timeline too:

DF405763-2855-4E46-A828-ACF632BF381E.jpeg

• Upvote 1

Yeah, these two have a solid birth control plan.:roll: I predict pregnant by October,

image.png.ee598eb6c895b7aa19c1785744eb8a3d.png

Edited by HereticHick
  • Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 11
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

Yeah, these two have a solid birth control plan.:roll: I predict pregnant by October,

They are so not ready. That baby will be raised by Amy. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

48 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

They are so not ready. That baby will be raised by Amy. 

Let's count the fundies who want to wait for kids but then have no idea how to do that...

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 6

1 hour ago, EmiSue said:

Let's count the fundies who want to wait for kids but then have no idea how to do that...

I love the way she phrases it as if they are still formulating a plan... "Carver and I are wanting to wait a year"

Girl, you are having sex NOW. You need to be making the "wait a year" happening NOW.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

4 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Rolling my eyes at the stupidity. You want to wait a year, but you got married and are having doubtless unprotected sex with all the enthusiasm and cluelessness of a couple of teens? Yeah, I know Carver isn’t technically a teen, but he’s as much a novice at this as you are. Good luck with that. Unless you take precautions, you WILL get pregnant. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 5

On 7/12/2024 at 1:18 PM, HereticHick said:

I love the way she phrases it as if they are still formulating a plan... "Carver and I are wanting to wait a year"

Girl, you are having sex NOW. You need to be making the "wait a year" happening NOW.

On 7/12/2024 at 1:57 PM, postscript said:

Rolling my eyes at the stupidity. You want to wait a year, but you got married and are having doubtless unprotected sex with all the enthusiasm and cluelessness of a couple of teens? Yeah, I know Carver isn’t technically a teen, but he’s as much a novice at this as you are. Good luck with that. Unless you take precautions, you WILL get pregnant. 

Yeah, this is common about Conservative Christians, particularly Catholics. The "I want to wait", but I guess it's up to God. 

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 4

How would she know if she needs an ultrasound? Ugh. This kind of thinking is what causes huge problems at birth. Her last two went fine. So she assumes all will go fine. I’m just glad Chelsy married a Maxwell. I can’t stand Steve Maxwell but at least he isn’t completely idiotic about medical care. And I assume John isn’t either. That’s probably why Chelsy isn’t completely eye deep in bullshit like Allison. Only like, knee deep 😂

3B3BD70B-9AD1-48E2-B5B8-D9BD7D7BBA6F.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • Angry 1
  • Eyeroll 7
  • WTF 6
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

How would she know if she needs an ultrasound? Ugh. This kind of thinking is what causes huge problems at birth. Her last two went fine. So she assumes all will go fine. I’m just glad Chelsy married a Maxwell. I can’t stand Steve Maxwell but at least he isn’t completely idiotic about medical care. And I assume John isn’t either. That’s probably why Chelsy isn’t completely eye deep in bullshit like Allison. Only like, knee deep 😂

Actually she "tore and needed stitches" the first time. 

It's been said before, but the hypocrisy of being "anti-reproductive rights" and then anti-modern prenatal care, which probably saved thousands of mothers and babies is awful. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 5

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I know it’s not the same thing as deciding yourself if you need an ultrasound, but 29 years ago when I had my first baby, the insurance companies decided that ultrasounds weren’t medically necessary unless the doctor felt it was needed, so I didn’t have one. This was also the brief era of only allowing 24 hours in the hospital after a vaginal birth. By the time I had my next baby two years later, I was allowed one ultrasound and two nights in the hospital because there was a lot of pushback.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 2

12 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I love how after her first baby she knows that "my babies always flip up to the last minute". And she's never needed the group B step test, it's never affected her!

As to that last paragraph - sure, the medical system came up with them for shits and giggles, the decrease in neonatal and maternal mortality around then was total coincidence.

Oh sorry, no - it was chiropractors. /s

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Ozlsn said:

As to that last paragraph - sure, the medical system came up with them for shits and giggles, the decrease in neonatal and maternal mortality around then was total coincidence.

Oh sorry, no - it was chiropractors. /s

I've visited the Budapest Museum about this doctor, who is a hero of mine: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignaz_Semmelweis But I guess if Alison develops puerperal fever and dies, that's A-OK with her. At least it will be a "crunchy" death.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

15 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I just can't.  With my first child I had a relatively unremarkable delivery.  So you'd think the rest would be easy peasy.  Right?

Without going into graphic details, my second "got stuck," suffered catastrophic brain damage, and lived with complex disabilities until his early death.  The only reason we both didn't die is because we could be transferred to a surgical suite STAT.

"My babies always' = two babies have done this, Allison.  No guarantee the next will.

Yes, childbirth is natural.  And women and babies have been dying during natural childbirth for centuries. Childbirth is not child's play.  Dear God I hope nothing goes wrong with this birth and that mom and/or baby don't pay for Allison's hubris.

• Love 25

Oh sure "woo woo" nonsense like Alison's essential oils and chiropractors are fine but evidence based medicine - no way. What a fool. At least if something goes wrong, she can justify things as "God's will". She'll never shoulder the responsibilities for the consequences of her choices. 

• Upvote 9

I actually didn’t need anything from doctors in order to give birth to my second child. All the doctor did was catch the baby. My body just expelled that baby in less than 2 hours from first contraction to birth. Like a cannon, lol. But that doesn’t mean I think I have no need for doctors. Because after birth, I definitely did. I needed someone to stitch me up. I needed them to make sure I didn’t have retained placenta again like I had the last time. And a few other things. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 14

57 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I actually didn’t need anything from doctors in order to give birth to my second child. All the doctor did was catch the baby. My body just expelled that baby in less than 2 hours from first contraction to birth. Like a cannon, lol. But that doesn’t mean I think I have no need for doctors. Because after birth, I definitely did. I needed someone to stitch me up. I needed them to make sure I didn’t have retained placenta again like I had the last time. And a few other things. 

Yep. I didn't need a doctor to deliver my first, but when I i ran into complications the day after I was glad to have the knowledge and experience of the doctors and nurses. Then I went on to have my second baby and has zero issues, I gave birth in a hospital but it was pretty hands off. It was unmedicated, I didn't have an IV, wasn't laying in a bed. Now some of those things are because he was born less than 15 mins after I arrived at the hospital but I suspect it would have been pretty easy and hands off just because things were going so smoothly.  My third however had several complications  during pregnancy and birth as well as after. One of the things we actually discovered during a routine anatomy scan at 20 weeks. 

• Upvote 9

Same way you categorize a woman's garage just without the misogyny 

Screenshot_20240719_114902_Instagram.jpg

• Eyeroll 8

• Coconut Flan locked this topic