IGNORED

Charles and Camilla 3: Charles' Medical Issues

Coconut Flan

I agree. But for Charles to lose his lifelong companion, most stalwart worker, little sister  and only sibling he actually has that real sibling bond( the feeling with Andrew and Edward is more uncle like because of the age difference)with  that’s going be particularly devastating.

• Upvote 1

Yes, I think besides her children and grandchildren, Charles would really be the only one to keenly feel her loss. She doesn't seem that warm towards the rest of her family. 

• Confused 1
  • Eyeroll 1

I am sure her younger brothers love her and would mourn her and of course the remaining very old family members who watched her grow up:) 

• Upvote 1

I‘ve never been very fond of Anne but speculating about who would mourn her and who wouldn‘t, feels weird.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, prayawaythefundie said:

I‘ve never been very fond of Anne but speculating about who would mourn her and who wouldn‘t, feels weird.

Totally agree. I'm sure she has a lot of family and friends who would be very sad to see her pass. Counting the numbers seems pretty bizarre to me.

• I Agree 5

And like all of this stuff - our impressions of Anne probably don't align at all with what people who actually know her feel. It's easy to feel like we "know" all these people but soooo much is conjecture and just wild guesses based on our own personal gut reactions.

• I Agree 6
  • Love 1

Since Anne isn't on any kind of death watch or even rumor of terminal condition, personally I find it macabre.  

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5

34 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

Since Anne isn't on any kind of death watch or even rumor of terminal condition, personally I find it macabre.  

This, too. Very much so.😳

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

You guys remember that it's not treason anymore to speculate on royal deaths, right? 😂

• Upvote 1
  • Move Along 4
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 1

I don't think I ever knew it was treason to speculate on a royal person's death.  I was brought up that it was rude and unmannerly until it was imminent.  More in line of the casting a spell by bringing up the matter perhaps.  In Anne's case, I can't see any reason for the discussion so it seems bizarre to me. 

What I had brought up was in the line of how hard it would be if she's told not to ride horses again or she develops a form of dementia or some other limitation.  It's difficult enough caring for people with head injuries or dementia, but the very self-determined ones are an extra special group.

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, Coconut Flan said:

I don't think I ever knew it was treason to speculate on a royal person's death.  I was brought up that it was rude and unmannerly until it was imminent.  More in line of the casting a spell by bringing up the matter perhaps.  In Anne's case, I can't see any reason for the discussion so it seems bizarre to me. 

What I had brought up was in the line of how hard it would be if she's told not to ride horses again or she develops a form of dementia or some other limitation.  It's difficult enough caring for people with head injuries or dementia, but the very self-determined ones are an extra special group.

Anne is elderly and hospitalized with a head wound. Speculating on her recovery isn't rude and unmannerly. It's well known that a lot of times, falls and injuries to the elderly can unfortunately speed up their timeline. Saying that the discussion is in line with casting a spell (which what a load of bullshit by the way) is hilarious. 

And yes, it used to be considered treason to predict the death of the monarch. Many people paid the price for their speculation. 

• Upvote 1
  • Angry 1
  • Move Along 3
  • Eyeroll 2

But speculating who would mourn her the most and  saying basically only Charles would really mourn deeply because she supposedly wasn’t close enough to any of the others for them to be all that affected  is tacky and kinda harsh IMO. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

**Looks both directions.**

This is a snark board, yes? I mean, standards are low by design. 😂

• Upvote 1
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Haha 6

2 minutes ago, noseybutt said:

**Looks both directions.**

This is a snark board, yes? I mean, standards are low by design. 😂

I like to think we on FJ have a better sense of style with our snark. 

• Upvote 5
  • Eyeroll 2

52 minutes ago, viii said:

Anne is elderly and hospitalized with a head wound. Speculating on her recovery isn't rude and unmannerly. It's well known that a lot of times, falls and injuries to the elderly can unfortunately speed up their timeline. Saying that the discussion is in line with casting a spell (which what a load of bullshit by the way) is hilarious. 

And yes, it used to be considered treason to predict the death of the monarch. Many people paid the price for their speculation. 

Eh, it used to be considered treason to wear a color the king didn't much like, to be married to someone he wanted to boink, or to offend him in any way.  

And I don't think what's being said is that the discussion is in line with casting a spell, but that historically there have been superstitions about not discussing death lest it be brought to fruition. Kind of like some people have superstitions about holding their breath when passing a cemetery. We know stuff NOW, but even so some of the old superstitions have come forward from times when health and such was misunderstood, words were thought to have power, and if you talked about someone dying and then the person DID, it might well have had people accusing you of cursing the person and causing their death. 

And those same superstitions and such contribute to it having been considered rude to talk about death, in many times and cultures even today. 

I didn't know Anne was hospitalized, I hope she recovers well or at least doesn't end up in pain or suffering. She's always seemed like an interesting person to me. 

Oh and also there are plenty of people out there who do actually believe in casting spells, you know! With varying levels of belief or ideas about what spells are and how they work or if they work.

Ever knocked on wood? Essentially that's casting a spell to ward off what you don't want to happen, because you spoke about it and that risks causing it to happen! 

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

Anyway…She is not a deaths door. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/crggezpywpro

Such a relief. We're spared for now the sight of her funeral with only Charles, one or two other relatives including her husband and kids, and her lone friend in attendance.🙄

Serously, though, I'm glad she seems to be recovering well. I've always kind of liked her, she's made an art of marching to the tune of her own drum within the many stupid constricitons of royal family protocol. Not to mention putting up with no shit from would-be assassins.

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 1

2 minutes ago, noseybutt said:

Even when she does die, I fully expect her to sit up in her coffin and say boo.

The grim reaper will show up to get her and she'll be like "Not bloody likely!"

Just caught up enough to see Charles' portrait. I really like it! It's definitely modern and that's a LOT of red but I kind of like how it makes the uniform fade into the background in favor of the portrait of him as a person, like kind of showing the person meaning more than the position. I'd love to see it in person, it looks like it's probably got more colors in it than show in photos and maybe interesting impasto. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, tabitha2 said:

But speculating who would mourn her the most and  saying basically only Charles would really mourn deeply because she supposedly wasn’t close enough to any of the others for them to be all that affected  is tacky and kinda harsh IMO. 

Girl, I was replying to YOUR comment about Charles losing his lifelong companion, etc. Of course Anne's family (and some of her fans) would miss her. I was agreeing with you that from a monarchy POV, Charles would miss her the most, since she is his right hand man. 

• Upvote 1
  • Move Along 2
  • Eyeroll 1

34 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

The grim reaper will show up to get her and she'll be like "Not bloody likely!"

Just caught up enough to see Charles' portrait. I really like it! It's definitely modern and that's a LOT of red but I kind of like how it makes the uniform fade into the background in favor of the portrait of him as a person, like kind of showing the person meaning more than the position. I'd love to see it in person, it looks like it's probably got more colors in it than show in photos and maybe interesting impasto. 

Yeah, I liked the portrait too. It's kind of fiery and fierce but with some humanizing touches. Your take on it fits with the modern position of the monarchy. I mean, the power of it has faded and we are left with the people. Maybe?

• Upvote 3

Anne and Charles seem to be cut from the "stiff upper lip", duty, country, etc mold of their parents. The big gap in age with Andrew and Edward seems to place them in a more "modern" attitude.. Andrew, in a lassiez-faire kind of place, Edward in a "I'll do it but then leave me be" kind of place.

So yeah, I think Charles will miss Anne the most, if she were to pre-decease him

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

I hope she recovers. I think the way things are going Charles could well decide this is a "annus horribilis" .

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...

I hope Camilla gets more dresses from this designer.  I think it's so much more flattering to her than those super pleated frequently zipper front things she wears so often.  Those make her seem very bottom heavy to me while the more streamlined dresses seem to give her a better looking shape. 

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/queen-camilla-embraces-statement-shoulders-135519484.html

• I Agree 6