IGNORED

Josh & Anna 58: Losing JB's Money All the Way to the Supreme Court

nelliebelle1197

@Cam may I ask, what are the titles of the books you read? I know it's not really about mainstream Mormonism, but I read Under the Banner of Heaven years ago; that's a good read. I'm always interested in book recommendations. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

13 hours ago, Giraffe said:

At this point I'm convinced the only thing that will be a wake up call to her is when Josh is released and living with her again. And even then I'm not convinced she'll change anything. 

She won't recognize him when he gets out. Oh, he'll look like himself + those years. But he won't be her Joshie any more.

I fear for Makenzye (however they spell it) and how soon she'll be married off to save money.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

She won't recognize him when he gets out. Oh, he'll look like himself + those years. But he won't be her Joshie any more.

I fear for Makenzye (however they spell it) and how soon she'll be married off to save money.

IMO she'll either get married at 18 or remain single until Madyson's out of the house. 

• Upvote 4

16 hours ago, Giraffe said:

At this point I'm convinced the only thing that will be a wake up call to her is when Josh is released and living with her again. And even then I'm not convinced she'll change anything. 

Is there any chance that CPS could be waiting behind the bushes to take the underage M kids into care at Josh's welcome home party? I have heard of CPS taking kids from a woman who knowingly married a man who had committed crimes against children, because their home with her would no longer be safe. Could Anna face a similar consequence if she continues to stand behind Josh and welcomes him back into her home with her children?

• Upvote 4

13 hours ago, Saor Dearg said:

@Cam may I ask, what are the titles of the books you read? I know it's not really about mainstream Mormonism, but I read Under the Banner of Heaven years ago; that's a good read. I'm always interested in book recommendations. 

The books I read were “Bad Mormon” by Heather Gay, a reality star from Real Housewives of Salt Lake City. I had never heard of her—I don’t watch any Real Housewives shows—but I read celeb autobiographies and am drawn to books on religion exposés. It was insightful. A 2023 NYT bestseller.

The other book was “Leaving the Saints: How I Lost the Mormons and Found My Faith” by Martha Beck (published in 2005). Beck is a NYT bestselling author; I’d occasionally read her column in Oprah magazine.

“Under the Banner of Heaven” was made into a 7 episode miniseries for Hulu which I started watching but for me it took too long to tell the story, so I never finished it. I believe it does cover the connections of Mormonism to LDS and FLDS. I think I watched all of the documentary “Prophet’s Prey” (Showtime) about fundamentalist Mormons practicing polygamy. The two books I read above weren’t about polygamy.

Edited by Cam
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

6 hours ago, Bethy said:

Could Anna face a similar consequence if she continues to stand behind Josh and welcomes him back into her home with her children?

IMHO, in this family, the marital relationship is far more important than the safety of the children. Whether it be from physical harm because of carelessness, or.. the other kind, children are not important to protect.

• Upvote 5

6 hours ago, Bethy said:

Is there any chance that CPS could be waiting behind the bushes to take the underage M kids into care at Josh's welcome home party? I have heard of CPS taking kids from a woman who knowingly married a man who had committed crimes against children, because their home with her would no longer be safe. Could Anna face a similar consequence if she continues to stand behind Josh and welcomes him back into her home with her children?

Not automatically. Iirc one of the investigators was interviewed on the witness stand that the reason they didn't remove the children when they raided the car lot was because they didn't feel like they were in danger. Things can change between now and then but as it stands no, cps won't automatically remove them.

When he's released he has to complete 20 years of parole where he's not allowed to have unsupervised visits with children. If authorities discover Anna's* left him home alone while she runs to the store then yes, cps may get involved. 

*Since she was infuriatingly allowed to be his babysitter when was living with the other family pre-trial I'm expecting they'll allow her to be again. (Idk if he'll have to live in a different home than where his underage children technically live once he's released)

Edited by Giraffe
  • Upvote 7

2 hours ago, Angelface said:

How old will Anna be when Josh is released?

Idr but when he was sentenced people speculated she could have one or two more. 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Saor Dearg said:

Not re: Mormonism, but I enjoyed Not All Who Go Do Not Return by Shulem Deen. It's about his experience leaving an insular Hasidic sect in NYC. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

20 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

And she probably will ☹️

Some people experience secondary infertility after a many year break from pregnancy. i'm hoping she's one of them. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1

3 hours ago, Angelface said:

How old will Anna be when Josh is released?

Anna’s birthday is June 23, 1988 - so she’s currently 36. I’m not sure when Josh’s release date is, but w/ the year he’s already done & potentially up to 15% good time credit (not sure if his offense qualifies for good time credit & he’s lost some due to the cell phone incident,) I’d guess his earliest release date would be in 9 years or so, which would put Anna’s age at around 45.

edited to add - I looked up his release date, it’s 10/2/2032, so Anna will be 44.

Edited by sndral
  • Upvote 6
  • Thank You 8

9 hours ago, Cam said:

The books I read were “Bad Mormon” by Heather Gay, a reality star from Real Housewives of Salt Lake City. I had never heard of her—I don’t watch any Real Housewives shows—but I read celeb autobiographies and am drawn to books on religion exposés. It was insightful. A 2023 NYT bestseller.

The other book was “Leaving the Saints: How I Lost the Mormons and Found My Faith” by Martha Beck (published in 2005). Beck is a NYT bestselling author; I’d occasionally read her column in Oprah magazine.

“Under the Banner of Heaven” was made into a 7 episode miniseries for Hulu which I started watching but for me it took too long to tell the story, so I never finished it. I believe it does cover the connections of Mormonism to LDS and FLDS. I think I watched all of the documentary “Prophet’s Prey” (Showtime) about fundamentalist Mormons practicing polygamy. The two books I read above weren’t about polygamy.

Thanks for sharing the books you read. I watched that show too, the book they took the story from is very much worth a read if you're looking for something.

1 hour ago, Margarita said:

Not re: Mormonism, but I enjoyed Not All Who Go Do Not Return by Shulem Deen. It's about his experience leaving an insular Hasidic sect in NYC. 

Oh great, thanks for the recommendation; I'll add that to my list.

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, sndral said:

edited to add - I looked up his release date, it’s 10/2/2032, so Anna will be 44.

Plenty of women can't conceive and carry to term at 44 so here's hoping she's in that group.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Saor Dearg said:

Thanks for sharing the books you read. I watched that show too, the book they took the story from is very much worth a read if you're looking for something.

Oh great, thanks for the recommendation; I'll add that to my list.

I trust you figured out the real title that I messed up - All Who Go Do Not Return.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Margarita said:

I trust you figured out the real title that I messed up - All Who Go Do Not Return.

I did, but thank you for replying with the right title. Can't seem to find a new physical copy here. But I found an ebook version for €10, so that's great Thanks again.

• Upvote 2

On 6/26/2024 at 10:25 PM, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Sadly he’ll be older and wiser in the ways of depravity. 

Hopefully, Mack gets lucky with her spouse.

9 hours ago, sndral said:

Anna’s birthday is June 23, 1988 - so she’s currently 36. I’m not sure when Josh’s release date is, but w/ the year he’s already done & potentially up to 15% good time credit (not sure if his offense qualifies for good time credit & he’s lost some due to the cell phone incident,) I’d guess his earliest release date would be in 9 years or so, which would put Anna’s age at around 45.

I highly doubt Josh will get released early. In fact, my money is on an extended sentence due to more prison shenanigans. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5

15 hours ago, Margarita said:

Not re: Mormonism, but I enjoyed All Who Go Do Not Return by Shulem Deen. It's about his experience leaving an insular Hasidic sect in NYC. 

Thanks the recommendation; I’ll look for it at my library. I read “Unorthodox:The Scandalous Rejection of My Hasidic Roots” by Deborah Feldman which became a Netflix series (did not watch). Before reading the book, I had no idea anyone lived what I guess, to me, looks like religious bondage.

I read these (excellent) books about women who fled the FLDS:
“Escape” by Carolyn Jessop
“The Witness Wore Red: The 19th Wife Who Brought Polygamous Cult Leaders to Justice” by Rebecca Musser
“Breaking Free: How I Escaped Polygamy, the FLDS Cult, and My Father, Warren Jeffs” by Rachel Jeffs

15 hours ago, sndral said:

I looked up his release date, it’s 10/2/2032, so Anna will be 44.

How old will Ashley Madyson be in 2032? I know women can have large gaps between giving birth, but gosh, after raising seven by yourself all those years then cohabitating with your felon husband under the same roof again and the demands of a newborn in your mid 40s would be quite the exhausting adjustment! Plus, who’s going to be “so happy” for Anna and Josh if they have another newborn? It seems like surely some members of their cult will shun and avoid them. 

Edited by Cam
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, Cam said:

How old will Ashley Madyson be in 2032? I know women can have large gaps between giving birth, but gosh, after raising seven by yourself all those years then cohabitating with your felon husband under the same roof again and the demands of a newborn in your mid 40s would be quite the exhausting adjustment! Plus, who’s going to be “so happy” for Anna and Josh if they have another newborn? It seems like surely some members of their cult will shun and avoid them. 

Madyson was born October 23, 2021, so if Josh actually gets released on October 2, 2032, she'll be just shy of her 11th birthday. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 2

I know it's a long shot but I hope he screws up enough to end up with extra years on his sentence rather than just extra months. (He's already had it extended by what, two weeks or something?)

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

14 hours ago, Giraffe said:

I know it's a long shot but I hope he screws up enough to end up with extra years on his sentence rather than just extra months. (He's already had it extended by what, two weeks or something?)

I have faith Josh will do exactly that. 

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 4

On 6/28/2024 at 2:31 PM, OHFL2009 said:

Madyson was born October 23, 2021, so if Josh actually gets released on October 2, 2032, she'll be just shy of her 11th birthday. 

That is so concerning. I have no confidence in Anna's ability to protect her children from Josh. Just the thought of him being accepted home makes me feel sick.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 7

54 minutes ago, Teaistheway said:

That is so concerning. I have no confidence in Anna's ability to protect her children from Josh. Just the thought of him being accepted home makes me feel sick.

This is why I was so disgusted & enraged she was his "monitor" when it came to the kids before he was sent to jail. She's part of a system that demands women be subservient to men and now she's supposed to be his monitor?? C'mon! And in spite of women saying wives only need to follow their husbands if they're not leading them to sin, that's absolute bullshit! She stayed married to him after the Ashley Madison scandal and is standing by him after being in that courtroom daily and hearing everything she heard. Nothing about that says Anna will protect her children whether it's from Joshua or anyone else in their lives. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 8

On 6/28/2024 at 1:47 AM, Father Son Holy Goat said:

Sadly he’ll be older and wiser in the ways of depravity. 

Hopefully, Mack gets lucky with her spouse.

I highly doubt Josh will get released early. In fact, my money is on an extended sentence due to more prison shenanigans. 

And since GOP wants to end IVY (and likely ANY assisted conception) then no more kids.

• Upvote 2