IGNORED

Sister Wives 9: Tragedy with Garrison

Coconut Flan

How could anyone watch that season knowing what was inevitably going to happen? 

I was only aware of the family tangentially and I was still broken upon the news of Garrison’s passing . I am always a mess when a young person is fatally overcome by grief, depression, or mental illness. 

This family’s pain is not entertainment, nor should their sorrow be fodder for reality television.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

So far as I get from the trailer is Kody was an even worse jerk than we already knew.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5

4 hours ago, ifosterkittens said:

The new Sister Wives trailer is available and the show returns September 15 10pm EST. 

Ok, I pay attention to the SW subreddits, but haven't looked yet tonight and just now watched the trailer. Kody is SO much worse! POS narcissist! (and revisionist history... more like an abuser every season ...the mask slips lower). To just use Meri... Horrible (others, too but JFC)

And Robyn is just as bad - she helped make this happen, yes is an idiot for being the last one - be careful what you wish for "sweetie" who is "not a victim," and she clearly is laying ground work to that fucker's ass!

*The quotes are from Robyn, from an early on panel they were on, just to be clear 

Edited by LongTimeLurkerOG
Grammar and clarity
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

I watch James's YouTube channel My Take on Reality and he just put out two videos one about Kody and another about Robyn addressing and debunking Kody and Robyn's complaints people don't really know them, and they are edited in a way that makes them look crummy. James also collaborates with Jenny from Senior Perspective and in their most recent video they discussed one of Robyn's chapters from the book Becoming Sister Wives and Robyn said in the book she had to tell Tim (producer) to not include certain things because it makes the women of America hate her- or something to that effect. The book Becoming Sister Wives came out in 2013, the show aired September of 2010, so early on Robyn had some control over how she was portrayed. Mykelti said the parents at least in the early days got a copy in advance and had some say in what made it into an episode, my guess is that is no longer true. 

What blows my mind is Kody voluntarily does the couch interviews and says these terrible things about his ex-wives and his children. These aren't hot mike situations, these aren't Kody right after surgery hopped up on anesthesia and pain medication, these are clips of Kody knowingly sitting down in front of a camera and spewing his thoughts and feelings. We all know reality TV isn't the whole story, but these unhinged comments from Kody feel to me like Kody is taking the opportunity to speak his truth. I don't get the impression he's being extra unhinged for ratings, and that makes me sad for his family. 

I'm conflicted about the upcoming season. I plan to watch it, I've watched the show from the beginning, I'm invested, but I found myself so frustrated and upset with Kody and Robyn in season 18 that I don't know if I'll be able to stand season 19. Per Mykelti season 19 was filmed before Garrison's passing. I would like to see Gwen's engagement party, and whatever Meri has to say (spill all the tea Meri), but otherwise I have no interest in Christine and David dating, Mykelti's twins being born, Kody ranting and raving or Robyn claiming she doesn't understand and claiming she didn't know. I think Robyn's not understanding/not remembering is a lie and a cop out. I told my sister (who also watches SW) if Robyn truly doesn't understand or doesn't remember all the things she claims to not understand/remember she needs to immediately see her health care provider and a neurologist. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

Just watched it and I didn't know he get more ass-ier (yes, I made it up a word).

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, ifosterkittens said:

I think Robyn's not understanding/not remembering is a lie and a cop out. I told my sister (who also watches SW) if Robyn truly doesn't understand or doesn't remember all the things she claims to not understand/remember she needs to immediately see her health care provider and a neurologist. 

I think Robyn has lied as it pleases her from day one.  I admit I've thought she was lying and manipulative from her first appearance so I lean that way with her.  She, however, has never done anything that made me think anything different.  

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

Read in People that there may be trouble between Sobbin' and Kodouche.  Anyone know anything?

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, gustava said:

Read in People that there may be trouble between Sobbin' and Kodouche.  Anyone know anything?

I don't know any more than you but I chuckled to myself when I saw that. This paragon of manly marriage has (potentially) managed to run off four(!!!) spouses in less time than most can maary and divorce one!

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 5

31 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

Wow. That's a tacky-ass house. 

And that's after it was prepped / staged for sale!  

• Sad 2

The setting is nice. The kitchen looks cramped for the size of the house. I would worry that the trees are too close to the house even though the under story is clear because of wildfire risk. Of course, I live close to a National Forest for over 25 years so I think about these things.

• Upvote 3

I shared the listing with my sister and friend who watch Sister Wives and we all wondered what happened to all the stuff? How many storage units do you think were filled to declutter and stage the home? 

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

I wondered where it all went and how many people they had to hire to clear it all out.  The stuff is gone, but the furniture is still there.  Are they selling it furnished?  Where are they living? Is there a suitcase under each bed?

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • I Agree 3

That house is really ugly with an awkward layout.  If I was going to spend $1.65mil on a house, I think I could do better than that.

Did you notice how ever single countertop appliance was red?  That is a lot of money spent to coordinate things that most people keep tucked away.  And the glass doored cabinet in the island was crammed full with red bowls.  If you are going to box up your hoard, why wouldn't you think that cabinet out so it looked less hoarder-ish?

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, FiveAcres said:

The setting is nice. The kitchen looks cramped for the size of the house. I would worry that the trees are too close to the house even though the under story is clear because of wildfire risk. Of course, I live close to a National Forest for over 25 years so I think about these things.

We had a derecho here a few weeks ago and multiple houses had trees fall onto their roofs. It's amazing that no one was injured. Now, when I see trees that close to houses that's all I can think about.

I'd never live in the woods because of the risk of forest fires. I'm surprised Robyn is okay with it, given what she's said in the past about having to evacuate due to fires.

• Love 1

The phrase "more money than brains" comes to mind when I see money spent this way. Someone on Reddit found the cost of several of the sculptures seen in the Zillow listing. If you scroll down to the comments there are five parts, this is the fourth one, the other ones cover paintings and other artwork. Janelle was living in a tiny two-bedroom apartment with Savannah as a compromise to the RV which Janelle bought in hopes to get Coyote Pass paid off and get her casita built. Meanwhile Robyn and Kody are buying this nonsense. 

ETA: The bird statue on the kitchen counter in the Zillow listing is currently listed at $7,900. 

Edited by ifosterkittens
ETA
  • Disgust 4
  • WTF 2