IGNORED

Sister Wives 9: Tragedy with Garrison

Coconut Flan

3 hours ago, anjulibai said:

Maybe Christine waited to sue Kody until after Janelle got her share?

I hope Janelle and Meri get their fair share. Janelle did buy land with Maddie and Caleb, so maybe she has gotten some type of payout from Kody and Robyn, but I'm doubtful. Coyote Pass was paid off, although the Browns owe nearly five grand in late taxes per this In Touch article. The Browns didn't lose Coyote Pass, but they also haven't sold it, so I doubt Janelle or Meri have gotten their share of Coyote Pass yet. Robyn and Kody have put their Flagstaff house on the market, and once it sells, they may have the money to reimburse Janelle and Meri for what they contributed to buying that home, but that home hasn't sold yet.

When Robyn had the nerve to say she learned to budget after her divorce and that she prioritized, and she implied Janelle was careless with her spending I almost threw the remote at the TV. Meri, Janelle and Christine have all been in MLMs for years. Meri for a while was killing it with LuLaRoe and has the BnB. Janelle and Christine both sell Plexus. She dabbled with My Sister Wive's Closet briefly, but that didn't last long, she didn't do it alone, and outside of that I don't believe she's had another job outside of filming for Sister Wives. 

Christine said family money was used for her down payment but otherwise she paid all the mortgage payments. I'm wondering with what money? Did she, Janelle and Meri get a certain amount each month or on some schedule from the TLC checks from Kody and how was that determined? Or was Christine making the mortgage payments with her Plexus earnings? Robyn's mortgage has to be much higher than Christine's was, and Robyn had no side hustle, so she had to be getting more TLC money, or Kody was kicking in on her bills. (Robyn's Flagstaff home was $890K, Christine's was $520K.) 

• Upvote 4

On the show or in an interview, for what it's worth, Kody said they split the show earnings six ways.  One share for each of the adults (parents) when the show began and the sixth portion for major expenses like weddings, college, medical, etc.  That may have worked in the beginning, but I think Kody and Robyn began using the sixth portion as theirs somewhere over the years.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

I stumbled upon this video on YouTube on the channel Growing Up in Polygamy the hosts Sam and Melissa interview Brady Williams from My Five Wives and he gives a little life update. Brady is still with all five of his wives, and several of his children joined the LDS church.