IGNORED

Dillards 95: Next?

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, Bobology said:

It makes me wonder if Derick has changed jobs. Does anyone know? I can't remember when they started the no faces, but in my mind it was around the time Derick began his law career (as county assistant prosecutor? in Oklahoma) and I assumed it was for safety. 

His Linked IN page still lists him as an Asst District Attorney: https://www.linkedin.com/in/derick-dillard-4b347031/ 

• Thank You 3

12 hours ago, marmalade said:

All the Dillards, full frontal! 

Compress_20240704_214732_2749.jpg

Those pics are gone now. 😬

• Upvote 2

Can you post things for a limited audience if you have a public instagram?  Like for people you follow only?  Maybe that's what he MEANT to do.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Adrienne83 said:

Was it in his stories? Or a regular post? Stories are always only there for 24 hours. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Mama Mia said:

Was it in his stories? Or a regular post? Stories are always only there for 24 hours. 

A regular post, IIRC

My best guess: Derick was going to post that photo on his private IG-account (I just assume he has one, it's not confirmed) but posted them on his public IG instead. He removed them when he realised his mistake, but the internet is forever. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

9 hours ago, Adrienne83 said:

I was suprised too and a little saddened to see the kids pictured.

I mean I liked seeing what they looked like. But I also know I am not a perverse nut job. because I did appreciate that is a good reason to keep kids off. 
I felt sad for the younger boys specifically because think most fans could pick Israel any day of the week, because he is the clone of his dad and also had more pics of him.  
The  younger two are more generic looking (not an insult) that they might not get picked as having “famous” parents and they have not had their pictures out there. 
I personally don’t care either way if they do or don’t share photos. I can see the down falls and believe they can make the choice for themselves. 
They must have loosened their Stance and I wondered what caused it. 

• Upvote 4

Posted (edited)

Jill's happy birthday post to James "her other kid and everyone's favorite uncle".  At least she realizes she raised him! 

Edited by Coconut Flan
No text speak.
  • Upvote 9
  • Thank You 6

I’m glad that James is actively involved in the Dillard’s lives. Hopefully, it will help him break away from the borg. What does James do for work? 

• Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Expectopatronus said:

I’m glad that James is actively involved in the Dillard’s lives. Hopefully, it will help him break away from the borg. What does James do for work? 

I think he works for Jason in construction.

• Upvote 2

Freddie is beautiful - don't think we've seen his face since he was newborn? - but yes I agree I feel bad that I saw him if this was not intended to be a public photo.

It's that or the Dillards are taking cues from the British royal family (don't laugh) who seem to have quite a good system of issuing a few 'official' photos a year to placate everyone while broadly retaining their control and privacy. Obviously for the Waleses that involves an arrangement with the press that the Dillards don't have but ykwim, they may feel comfortable with sharing a few pictures while generally keeping out of the public eye. 

I think they stopped sharing pictures of the children at the point that Shiny Happy People came out and Counting the Cost was in the pipeline. They probably realised they were under much greater scrutiny and that potentially their children were under genuine threat. If Jill really does feel that it's the show that ruined her childhood, rather than her father's personality, she will clearly have been motivated to no longer showcase her own children for likes and monetisation. I say this uncynically but she has also realised she can use her own experience for content: it's her own privacy she's compromising, not her kids'. And she has the capacity and right to decide to do that. I believe Jinger has made the same choice. Tell your story, don't let the kids be the breadwinners.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

I assume they also have a private instagram for friends and probably he messed something up when posting.

• Upvote 9

I found in an older, locked thread the chat about f* all y'all Jill's memoir lol and Tia Levings' response. I was searching for Tia because her memoir The Anti-Fundamentalist Wife comes out in August. It's very good; I was able to read it from Netgalley. TW for abuse survivors (DV, rape). As a recent survivor, it was extremely difficult to read the first-person pov DV she went through.

Her newsletters and Substack are also informative from an anti fundamentalist view & highlighting speaker Johnson's IBLP affiliation, connecting the baby-voice use, P2025, etc.

Also, wrt memoirs... I understand the points that were made that more needed to be said by Jillymuffin. However, I think it's great what she got out, now and can absolutely write more. Jennifer Lauck wrote three fantastic memoirs, for example (nothing fundy, but still really good).

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

• 4 weeks later...

Jill condemned the opening ceremony of the Olympics on Instagram 🙄,but says she enjoys cheering on the athletes. 

• Eyeroll 9

4 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Jill condemned the opening ceremony of the Olympics on Instagram 🙄,but says she enjoys cheering on the athletes. 

I felt so disappointed by her posts! 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

12 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I saw another fundy write that the ceremonies “weren’t appropriate for children”-didn’t see all of it, but assumed it has to do with LGBTQ something or other?

To me the only possible bad part for kids were the decapitated women dancing in the windows. 

• Upvote 3

On 7/11/2024 at 6:31 AM, LongTimeLurkerOG said:

I found in an older, locked thread the chat about f* all y'all Jill's memoir lol and Tia Levings' response. I was searching for Tia because her memoir The Anti-Fundamentalist Wife comes out in August. It's very good; I was able to read it from Netgalley. TW for abuse survivors (DV, rape). As a recent survivor, it was extremely difficult to read the first-person pov DV she went through.

Her newsletters and Substack are also informative from an anti fundamentalist view & highlighting speaker Johnson's IBLP affiliation, connecting the baby-voice use, P2025, etc.

Also, wrt memoirs... I understand the points that were made that more needed to be said by Jillymuffin. However, I think it's great what she got out, now and can absolutely write more. Jennifer Lauck wrote three fantastic memoirs, for example (nothing fundy, but still really good).

Our library has it on order as The Well Trained Wife. I placed a hold on it. 

13 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I'm not surprised but at least they are watching the games unlike some other fundies. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

22 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Which is a step up from the fundies boycotting the games because of it 🙄 The bar is so damn low!

• Upvote 5

22 hours ago, Mrs Ms said:

Which is a step up from the fundies boycotting the games because of it 🙄 The bar is so damn low!

I can't even with these ignorant idiots. They certainly are driven by an overwhelming fear of difference and a constant need for victimization. How fucked up is that?

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

On 8/6/2024 at 2:34 PM, libgirl2 said:

I'm not surprised but at least they are watching the games unlike some other fundies. 

The tiny women's beach volley ball bikinis are ridiculous.  I can't imagine the amount of "pruning" (razor or laser) equired on a daily basis.  Players have options to wear shorts,  swimsuits, tops with sleeves; they prefer minimalism. 

Artistic swimming ladies on the US team are rocking thong swimsuits. 🏊‍♀️😳

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5

On 8/8/2024 at 8:42 AM, Howl said:

The tiny women's beach volley ball bikinis are ridiculous.  I can't imagine the amount of "pruning" (razor or laser) equired on a daily basis.  Players have options to wear shorts,  swimsuits, tops with sleeves; they prefer minimalism. 

Artistic swimming ladies on the US team are rocking thong swimsuits. 🏊‍♀️😳

I'm not a puritan who want women to cover up, that is not my point. My problem is the double standard for female and male athletes in terms of attire.

In beach volley-ball, men are certainly able to win games wearing shorts. Thankfully, for a few years now, volleyball federations have made the bikini non-mandatory and I know from watching the finally, that Brazil won against Canada for the gold, wearing sports bra and shorts. So at least, there is that.

My question is similar when it comes to athletic competitions. For example, most men in sprint events wear some sort of lycra shorts, yet women run in what is similar to a swimsuit (they are called running buns). I read online that a lot of women find them more comfortable, because short tend to ride up when running. Some runners have mentioned that they do not like the feeling of seams between their legs (thanks Reddit). Some said that they just felt less fast in leggings, even if their college offered the option (Reddit again). I suppose that it's best for the athletes to simply feel comfortable and just wear what will give them the most confidence. If they feel fine, then good. Confidence is key in any sport mentality. But some part of me wonders how much we have been conditioned as women to think these things. Men clearly have shorts and for some reason, they seem to stay in place and not ride up. Yet they aren't given the option to run in Speedos?

• Upvote 15
  • Thank You 2

Most of the men in track wear onesies that go to the knees. Few wear real shorts (I can think of Grant Holloway as an exception). 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

On 8/6/2024 at 3:55 PM, Pleiades_06 said:

I saw another fundy write that the ceremonies “weren’t appropriate for children”-didn’t see all of it, but assumed it has to do with LGBTQ something or other?

To me the only possible bad part for kids were the decapitated women dancing in the windows. 

There was a section of the opening ceremonies that alluded to a three way sexual encounter. However, I don't think kids would have made the connection. Superficially, it looked like people reading in a library, meeting, becoming friends, and then going to someone's apartment. I think back to my being allowed to watch Grease in the 70s and 80s when I was young. I just loved the fun music and story. It wasn't til I was in upper middle school and high school that I realized all the innuendos. 

BUT fundies are so hyper-focused on sex that they can't see anything else. 

Anyway, I thought the Paris Olympics, including the opening ceremonies, were great

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

On 6/3/2024 at 5:41 AM, marmalade said:

Derick is soliciting suggestions for a blog or podcast he wants to launch. Any ideas? 😃

How to overcome transphobic indoctrination and learn to respect others. That’s a topic I’d actually tune in for. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2

I sincerely hope that DD is just wanting to do explore other activities for fun. He has a legitimate career and an education that many would give their right arm to have. In the past, the Dillards mentioned that they are mortgage free after they sold their publication, so money should not be an issue. Derick, if you read here, please stick to the lawyering. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5