IGNORED

Dillards 95: Next?

Coconut Flan

I still don't know weather Jill has been to the weeding. Can someone please help? Is it even already known. Amy wasn't invited and I get that. 

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, vienna said:

I still don't know weather Jill has been to the weeding. Can someone please help? Is it even already known. Amy wasn't invited and I get that. 

Jill posted a story to her Instagram about Jana being married. I’d assume she was there but not pictured 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

Derick’s a lawyer. He doesn’t have a dark suit he could wear? Maybe hem up those pants? Maybe he was caught off guard by the Duggars being elegant for a change.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 2

17 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Derick’s a lawyer. He doesn’t have a dark suit he could wear? Maybe hem up those pants? Maybe he was caught off guard by the Duggars being elegant for a change.

He wore a suit, or at least dark pants and a jacket, to Josh's trial.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

I noticed that Jeremy didn’t have a suit jacket on either in addition to Derrick looking very casual.  I think that Derrick and Jeremy dressed for the usual wedding in a parking lot vibe.

• Upvote 5
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 3

Oops and then the Wissmans dressed for a real wedding.

• Upvote 8

11 hours ago, FiveAcres said:

He wore a suit, or at least dark pants and a jacket, to Josh's trial.

To be fair, I would also consider Josh going to prison a very special occasion.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 22
  • I Agree 8

I think men go for a more casual vibe in social situations these days. Most men dress casually for work now without ties, so why would they want to wear ties to a social occasion. It was a summer wedding, so a dark suit would seem a little stuffy.

• Upvote 10

I don’t know. A morning suit with a light coloured waistcoat would have looked good. Especially as Jana’s wedding was fairly classy. But what’s important is that Derrick was comfortable and he liked how he looked. 

• Upvote 6
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 1

I’d like to see the return of that seersucker suit one of the lost boys wore to Josh’s trial. That suit had character! 

• Upvote 4

On 8/22/2024 at 6:10 AM, JDuggs said:

I think men go for a more casual vibe in social situations these days. Most men dress casually for work now without ties, so why would they want to wear ties to a social occasion. It was a summer wedding, so a dark suit would seem a little stuffy.

Regarding guest outfits: Wearing white sneakers with a grey/blue suit is the current trend for young men where I live, often without ties. I don't like sneakers with suits for a wedding, but the truth is that some of these shoes are really expensive and will be used a lot after the wedding, which makes sense. Many young men don't wear classical shoes anymore, just sneakers or that kind of shoes that look like sport shoes. Many women buy expensive, uncomfortable shoes for weddings that won't be used after that day... 

I agree that black suits don't go fine with a summer wedding, for guests (groom is different). Derick is a dressed a bit too casual, but a black suit would have been out of place. A medium grey or a navy/royal blue is better for a summer wedding IMO. 

Edit to add that Jill looks stunning and happy. 

Edited by Melissa1977
Add info
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

I think what he's wearing is ok-ish. Would've been fully ok if the pants hadn't looked like he'd dug them from the bottom of his backpack. Thinking about it: the jacket looks neatly cared for but it also makes him look scruffy. If I had to guess I'd say he'd prefer to be bigger so he hides in his clothes and it makes him look more  twiggy and unkempt than he really is.

• Upvote 5

43 minutes ago, MariaariaM said:

I think what he's wearing is ok-ish. Would've been fully ok if the pants hadn't looked like he'd dug them from the bottom of his backpack. Thinking about it: the jacket looks neatly cared for but it also makes him look scruffy. If I had to guess I'd say he'd prefer to be bigger so he hides in his clothes and it makes him look more  twiggy and unkempt than he really is.

So many men (including soooo many young staffers I see on Capitol Hill) would look better if they took their damn khaki pants to their local tailor to be hemmed. [yes, it would be great if they learned to hem themselves, but there is nothing wrong with spending a few bucks at your local small business either] Many dry cleaners in the US offer simple tailoring like hemming.  

The worst is when they continually wear their pants too long and the hems start getting raggedy!!

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, MariaariaM said:

Dark suits are what he wears for work. I would not dress for work for a family wedding, and especially not given the history of forced labor for the camera in that family.

• Upvote 4

Usually the weddings are so casual a number of guests are showing up in jeans.  I agree that the pants would look better hemmed, but overall I'm sure he expected to fall respectably in the middle of the pack.  This discussion is playfully reminding me of the time Obama wore a light colored suit and the media was just SHOCKED at his audacity.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, HereticHick said:

So many men (including soooo many young staffers I see on Capitol Hill) would look better if they took their damn khaki pants to their local tailor to be hemmed. [yes, it would be great if they learned to hem themselves, but there is nothing wrong with spending a few bucks at your local small business either] Many dry cleaners in the US offer simple tailoring like hemming.  

The worst is when they continually wear their pants too long and the hems start getting raggedy!!

Or they could buy pants pre-ordered to the proper length.  Some stores still carry unhemmed men's pants and they hem them after purchase at no extra charge or order from a place like Land's End and buy the pants where you tell them the length.  It's also a super easy way for short people like me to get proper length pants for those few days I deem long pants needed in SoCal and yoga pants just won't do.  Derrick is of a height and in a job where he really should figure out the best solution to this and implement it.  Or yes, make friends with a local tailor and just get his pants all done there.  

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

Usually the weddings are so casual a number of guests are showing up in jeans.  I agree that the pants would look better hemmed, but overall I'm sure he expected to fall respectably in the middle of the pack.  This discussion is playfully reminding me of the time Obama wore a light colored suit and the media was just SHOCKED at his audacity.

That also reminds me of a time Obama visited some victim of a shooting or some other tragedy in the hospital and didn't wear a suit and tie. A conservative Facebook friend found that egregious enough to post about.

• Eyeroll 5

1 hour ago, JDuggs said:

That also reminds me of a time Obama visited some victim of a shooting or some other tragedy in the hospital and didn't wear a suit and tie. A conservative Facebook friend found that egregious enough to post about.

Don't forget the uproar caused once by (gasp) Michelle Obama in a sleeveless dress.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, noseybutt said:

Dark suits are what he wears for work. I would not dress for work for a family wedding, and especially not given the history of forced labor for the camera in that family.

I couldn't care less about the color and don't think I even mentioned it? (I haven't worn anything white in many years because for me white is the color of work.) It's just the bad fit and lack of neatness I don't like. If your pants don't fit at least fold the excess in and iron them.

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I am 5'7 with long legs and yet I walk on the hems of most of my Roxy lounge pants, wtf! Better than pants being too short, I guess!

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, MariaariaM said:

I couldn't care less about the color and don't think I even mentioned it? (I haven't worn anything white in many years because for me white is the color of work.) It's just the bad fit and lack of neatness I don't like. If your pants don't fit at least fold the excess in and iron them.

Sorry, I meant to tag my post to the general conversation, not your post in particular.

• Thank You 1

12 hours ago, Meggo said:

Don't forget the uproar caused once by (gasp) Michelle Obama in a sleeveless dress.

Fuck me if I had guns like hers I would be sleeveless all the time. Alas I am a pudgey ginger who covers all for both those reasons. No suns out guns out for me. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

This popped up on my explore insta. Five in so little a space  man, rough  I couldn’t imagine one  I feel for any women going through this  I do wonder where fundies/ fundy light draw the line? Was she meant to suffer miscarriages endlessly until her fertility runs out or can they decide that a healthy babe is not going to come and get the snip or the pill etc? 

I know fundies would just let her have a million miscarriages  

IMG_4557.thumb.png.0ae3832bcfa5899bcd8e3ae1516ba923.png

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3