IGNORED

Lawson and Tiffany 10: Grifting for Children's Toys on the Newborn Registry

Coconut Flan

New video up. This one is shorter than usual - yet another ultrasound and a baby shower in San Diego. 

But first, let's watch Lawson cook salmon in the product du jour, a tabletop oven. I would actually consider buying this. It fits perfectly with my minimal cooking skills. But I don't trust anything these two idiots shill. Lawson claims he wants to learn to cook better (yeah, right) and gets in a plug for Zach's channel while he's at it. I've come to hate his constant smile. It wouldn't hurt him to  occasionally put his teeth away. 

Tiffany is at 34 weeks. She claims she's ready for the baby to come 2 weeks early or 2 weeks late. They show video of Tiffany's stomach with the baby moving inside. 

They head to Nashville for their ultrasound, which could be their last one. Tiffany thinks the baby looks like her, making duck lips to demonstrate. They're also shocked the baby is over 5 pounds. Tiffany is worried it will get too big. 

Then they're at a historic hotel in La Jolla for a baby shower thrown by Tiffany's mom. Absolutely stunning views. This is an afternoon tea party with a blue theme. They have teddy bears in the goody bags. Lawson assembles the balloon arch (do all Bates parties require balloon arches?) and Tiffany attaches the balloons and tiny sprigs of babies' breath. They show very little of the actual party, but it looks lovely and much more up Tiffany's alley than last week's cookout, 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 9

The baby showers show just how different Tiffany and Lawson are. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

On 7/5/2024 at 6:53 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

The baby showers show just how different Tiffany and Lawson are. 

Right? I don't see what they have in common, other than lust, I guess.

• Upvote 4

I was laughing at her horror over the five-pound baby; how big did she think babies popped out at?  So much to learn, and apparently the hard way.

C'mone people, let's pony up and complete that 225-item registry list.  Not.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, Kiki03910 said:

Right? I don't see what they have in common, other than lust, I guess.

Religion. She agrees with him on religion. She went to liberty after all. That agreement is huge in their world.

Someone above mentioned her brother did not look too pleased with the Bates.  He wouldn’t be- check his instagram 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

Her brother also has a different mom. So he wasn’t raised exactly like Tiffany. He also wasn’t a child actor, adopted, or Asian. So they have had very different lives for being siblings. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Her brother also has a different mom. So he wasn’t raised exactly like Tiffany. He also wasn’t a child actor, adopted, or Asian. So they have had very different lives for being siblings. 

Do you know if the father is religious?

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, SoSoNosy said:

I was laughing at her horror over the five-pound baby; how big did she think babies popped out at?  So much to learn, and apparently the hard way.

They’re both expecting the baby to be small, because she’s small and the Bateses tend to have small babies. She’s doing the math of how much weight baby will gain in the next few weeks and worrying she might have a 9-pounder. I think she wants to push out a petite baby, thinking it won’t be as painful. Tiff, this is why you have doctors. 

It’s good to see some of the more ludicrous items on the list (baby selfie camera, anyone?) haven’t been snapped up. If their fans must buy them stuff, at least they’re going for more practical items. But I’m sure that won’t stop Lawson and Tiffany from buying (or more likely getting a freebie in exchange for a sponsorship) anything their followers don’t. 

They plan to make a video about packing their hospital bag next. Yawn. Can’t wait. And they’re excited to share the name with us. At this point, just. wait until baby gets here to announce the name. They sounded set on a name a couple of months ago, but a week or two ago, Lawson said they were still deciding. I suspect they’re either rethinking whatever they originally chose or they can’t agree on a name. 

• Upvote 4

21 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Do you know if the father is religious?

I don’t know how religious he is. I suppose it’s possible Tiffany’s mom is more religious and he’s following along. Or he’s just as religious as Tiffany’s mom. 

• Upvote 2

Tiff’s dad never struck me as religious. During covid, Tiffany posted about her mom and herself watching the livestream of their church’s Easter service and didn’t mention her dad. He just doesn’t strike me as the “born again” type. He seems way too laid back.

• Upvote 4

Tiffany’s parents were with them in Nashville for the 4th of July, right? do you think her mom is just going to stay for rest of the month? Do they have a guest room as well as the nursery. 

• Upvote 4

That is a tiny house, if there is a third bedroom it's not much bigger than a closet.

I have seen women in labor with tiny premature babies, and those babies didn't just slide out.  This kid may be a one and done.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, SoSoNosy said:

That is a tiny house, if there is a third bedroom it's not much bigger than a closet.

I have seen women in labor with tiny premature babies, and those babies didn't just slide out.  This kid may be a one and done.

I had 3 kids, 2 born on their due dates and 1 born a couple of days after. My girls were both tiny (6lbs 3 oz, and 5lbs 15 oz) and my son was bigge ( 8lbs 9oz). My son was actually the easiest of the 3. My youngest was also the smallest but by far the most difficult labor, especially pushing. My oldest was pretty average I would say, though I had the hardest recovery with her (the only one I tore and needed stitches with). I agree that small doesn't mean easy!

• Upvote 5

I had a 6lbs3oz girl, and an 8lb boy with a huge head.  He was also the easier of the two.

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, postscript said:

They’re both expecting the baby to be small, because she’s small and the Bateses tend to have small babies. She’s doing the math of how much weight baby will gain in the next few weeks and worrying she might have a 9-pounder. I think she wants to push out a petite baby, thinking it won’t be as painful. Tiff, this is why you have doctors. 

I only gained 20.5 pounds during pregnancy and my son was one ounce shy of 11 pounds.  Also, at his final ultrasound which I had right before he was born, they estimated his weight at 9 pounds, 1 ounce.  So you can't go by weight gain or even the ultrasound as far as weight goes for mom and/or baby.   

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

Once all the edema was accounted for, I only gained about 7lbs and my daughter was nearly 9.5lbs.  She was too big for the clothes we brought to the hospital for her and nobody predicted she'd be that large.  They all come out one of two ways, best to be flexible on the birth plan for your own sanity.

• Upvote 9

My middle was the smallest was 5 lb 8 oz and she was the hardest and longest labor. 🤷‍♀️ My last was 8 lb 10 oz and happened fast and pain meds-free. You really just never know how it's going to go until you go through it. 

• Upvote 4

My biggest baby (8 lb 9 oz) was the fastest and easiest birth.  Barely made it to the hospital in time.  My OB said that size of baby / size of mother are not as significant as people think, unless you're an extreme outlier on either end.  It's mostly about how the baby is positioned.  My oldest was 7 lb 5 oz and a few days late, but I had several days of painful early labor before things had moved along enough that the hospital would admit me.  I'll never have official proof, but we all think he started out posterior and was just trying really hard to turn himself into a better position.

Over a decade later, I look at photos and am shocked at the shape of that kid's head when he finally made it out.  I must have been blinded by hormones or a mother's love or something, because I swear I didn't notice it at the time.  He's a very handsome teenager with a perfectly normal head shape now!

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

On 7/7/2024 at 5:25 AM, SoSoNosy said:

I want to buy them something (I won't) to counteract the book on the registry Why America Matters - A children’s book about the Judeo-Christian values of America and its founding, and the importance of the Four Pillars of the American Cornerstone Institute: Faith, Liberty, Community, Life.

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

35 minutes ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

I want to buy them something (I won't) to counteract the book on the registry Why America Matters - A children’s book about the Judeo-Christian values of America and its founding, and the importance of the Four Pillars of the American Cornerstone Institute: Faith, Liberty, Community, Life.

You forgot to mention that the book is co-authored by  former Trump cabinet secretary and noted pyramid enthusiast (and eponym of Carson Bontrager)  Dr. Ben Carson.😄

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

50 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

You forgot to mention that the book is co-authored by  former Trump cabinet secretary and noted pyramid enthusiast (and eponym of Carson Bontrager)  Dr. Ben Carson.😄

Honestly I was surprised he stayed awake long enough to write something. I was trying to hold down my lunch reading the glowing reviews. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

42 minutes ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

Honestly I was surprised he stayed awake long enough to write something. I was trying to hold down my lunch reading the glowing reviews. 

I've often wondered what magical cocktail of drugs he's on, because it looks fucking AMAZING.

• Haha 3

Laboring and delivering a baby is hard (and painful) no matter the size of the baby. I don't know why Tiffany thinks she's going to get off "easy" if the baby is 5 lbs. vs 8 lbs. Your body still has to go through laboring (unless she has a c-section, which isn't any easier, either, and I'd argue worse as then she would have to recover from that surgery) 

• Upvote 4

I suspect with no proof that it's easier to recover from a csection that isn't emergent because the doctor has more time to take care with their cuts.  I had an excellent recovery from mine - failure to progress rather than any distress - and the doctor used it as a teaching opportunity for a resident with my permission.  Some of that is probably luck, but my manager's baby's heart stopped during labor when they were already prepping her for a csection and they had the baby out of her in less than 50 seconds.  I can't believe they can be as careful with tissue handling in those circumstances, nor would I expect them to be.  Both she and the baby were ultimately fine, although she said the recovery was harder than her prior vaginal birth.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

Q&A. They released a long list of trendy names and announced they would release a name video. I expect it when Baby Boy Bates is, oh, 10. 😁

• Haha 4