IGNORED

Lawson and Tiffany 10: Grifting for Children's Toys on the Newborn Registry

Coconut Flan

21 hours ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

I suspect with no proof that it's easier to recover from a csection that isn't emergent

From personal anecdotal evidence I can second this! I ended up with an emergency c section after 5 days of unsuccessful induction. I had to stay in hospital for 4 or 5 days and it took 5 weeks for me to sort of recover. Compare that to the woman in the bed next to mine who had a good night of sleep and a nice shower at home, then went in for a scheduled c section at 9am, had a baby in her arms half an hour later and was out of hospital the next day… 

I know everyone and every birth is different, but if I had to do it all over again (I don’t, thankfully!) I would absolutely go for a scheduled c section!

I hope fundie women talk openly about the reality of giving birth amongst themselves so that Tiffany has an idea about what to prepare for.

• Love 13

New video. They are in the Grand Tetons for their second anniversary, so presumably in May. Like idiots, they didn’t check the weather forecast so they don’t have warm clothing. Tiffany bought a blanket for $8.00 at Wal-Mart and wears it and an oversized sweatshirt over a sleeveless dress. Lawson spends much of the video wandering around snow-capped landscapes in a T-shirt. 

The scenery in this video is absolutely stunning. It’s worth watching with the sound off. Unfortunately, Lawson mars the views by sticking his face in the camera. 

Lawson spends way too much time worrying about a bear attack. He wants to see a bear from the safety of the truck. As far as I can tell, they don’t see a bear (this in spite of “Wilderness bear attacks?” as part of the clickbait title). 

They spend far too much time watching an animal and wondering if it’s a moose or a caribou. Tiffany looks it up on her phone and ultimately decides it’s a moose with no horns. She wants to see a moose and an otter. They visit an elk reserve. Tiffany coos over their cute little butts, and Lawson tells us there are 500 animals, which is the number of Bates in the next generation. Um, 500 isn’t that many of any species. An epidemic could easily wipe that herd out. 

They happen upon a rustic Episcopal chapel, which provokes rapturous comments from both. Lawson talks about singing the old-time hymns. I doubt he’s ever been to an Episcopal service. Their old-time hymns are very different that the Baptist old-time hymns he’s used to. 

They spend the night and eat in Jackson Hole, where they complain about a steakhouse being expensive (I’m guessing it’s a bargain compared to a big-city steakhouse) and visit an ice cream parlor. Great choice when you’re cold. Tiffany rates the ice cream as 9 out of 10 and the atmosphere as 0. 

The “surprise announcement” in the title is - wait for it - a new single from Lawson, as part of his upcoming new album release. They shoot the video in Grand Teton, though the clip they show seems to be Lawson lip synching in front of a green screen with the vocals and mountain visuals in the background added later. 

They also show a series of clips of MedicCorps ministering to various disaster-struck areas. Most of these involve Lawson talking to assorted brown children or posing with other relief personnel. I’m not sure what the point of this montage was. 

• Haha 1
  • Thank You 10

Rufus bless you, @postscript, for making it through the video.

FFS, Tiffany the perpetually cold & uninformed--

"Like idiots, they didn’t check the weather forecast so they don’t have warm clothing. Tiffany bought a blanket for $8.00 at Wal-Mart and wears it and an oversized sweatshirt over a sleeveless dress."

Do I have to give these idiots a tutorial on how to access the weather on their smartphones?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 1

My theory about Tiffany constantly being underdressed for cold weather and whining about it--she reminds me of a female relative of mine who hates winter and dislikes winter clothes. She avoids checking the weather reports and ends up suffering (and whining)  because of it. It is as if she dislikes winter weather so much that she refuses to think about it--creating a ridiculous feedback loop. My relative, like Tiffany, also doesn't have much interest in actually being "outdoorsy" (other than posing for pics) and avoids preparing/dressing for any outdoor eventualities.

It is a spoiled, incurious, and immature way to go through life.

Edited by HereticHick
  • Upvote 11

2 hours ago, HereticHick said:

My theory about Tiffany constantly being underdressed for cold weather and whining about it--she reminds me of a female relative of mine who hates winter and dislikes winter clothes. She avoids checking the weather reports and ends up suffering (and whining)  because of it. It is as if she dislikes winter weather so much that she refuses to think about it--creating a ridiculous feedback loop. My relative, like Tiffany, also doesn't have much interest in actually being "outdoorsy" (other than posing for pics) and avoids preparing/dressing for any outdoor eventualities.

It is a spoiled, incurious, and immature way to go through life.

I agree with you in some since, but I think she does it more for show or to make a reel. I don't know how cold it gets in California, but that's the winter she's used to. they travel so much I don't know if she has actually spent a full winter in Tn. Plus she seems like the type that thinks snow is just an aesthetic and once she's done with her photoshoot it can melt away.

• Upvote 2

On 7/14/2024 at 3:48 PM, postscript said:

New video. They are in the Grand Tetons for their second anniversary, so presumably in May. Like idiots, they didn’t check the weather forecast so they don’t have warm clothing. Tiffany bought a blanket for $8.00 at Wal-Mart and wears it and an oversized sweatshirt over a sleeveless dress. Lawson spends much of the video wandering around snow-capped landscapes in a T-shirt. 

The scenery in this video is absolutely stunning. It’s worth watching with the sound off. Unfortunately, Lawson mars the views by sticking his face in the camera. 

Lawson spends way too much time worrying about a bear attack. He wants to see a bear from the safety of the truck. As far as I can tell, they don’t see a bear (this in spite of “Wilderness bear attacks?” as part of the clickbait title). 

They spend far too much time watching an animal and wondering if it’s a moose or a caribou. Tiffany looks it up on her phone and ultimately decides it’s a moose with no horns. She wants to see a moose and an otter. They visit an elk reserve. Tiffany coos over their cute little butts, and Lawson tells us there are 500 animals, which is the number of Bates in the next generation. Um, 500 isn’t that many of any species. An epidemic could easily wipe that herd out. 

They happen upon a rustic Episcopal chapel, which provokes rapturous comments from both. Lawson talks about singing the old-time hymns. I doubt he’s ever been to an Episcopal service. Their old-time hymns are very different that the Baptist old-time hymns he’s used to. 

They spend the night and eat in Jackson Hole, where they complain about a steakhouse being expensive (I’m guessing it’s a bargain compared to a big-city steakhouse) and visit an ice cream parlor. Great choice when you’re cold. Tiffany rates the ice cream as 9 out of 10 and the atmosphere as 0. 

The “surprise announcement” in the title is - wait for it - a new single from Lawson, as part of his upcoming new album release. They shoot the video in Grand Teton, though the clip they show seems to be Lawson lip synching in front of a green screen with the vocals and mountain visuals in the background added later. 

They also show a series of clips of MedicCorps ministering to various disaster-struck areas. Most of these involve Lawson talking to assorted brown children or posing with other relief personnel. I’m not sure what the point of this montage was. 

The Grand Tetons are very high on my list for a National Park to visit. I've been Yellowstone but I was only there for a day (on a trip with a friend who planned the trip and had been there several times), and I would love to have a week in that area.

Jackson Hole is a very trendy area, with lots of big houses built as second homes for wealthy people. It is an extremely expensive ski town, comparable with Aspen or Vail.  I can understand how a steakhouse would be extremely expensive.

I just googled Jackson Hole steakhouses, and saw that the prices were said to range between $50 and $100. I wouldn't be shocked if a meal would cost $300 for two even without alcohol.

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, raayx01 said:

I agree with you in some since, but I think she does it more for show or to make a reel. I don't know how cold it gets in California, but that's the winter she's used to. they travel so much I don't know if she has actually spent a full winter in Tn. Plus she seems like the type that thinks snow is just an aesthetic and once she's done with her photoshoot it can melt away.

It can get cold in California depending on location, California is a state of Micro-climates.  It does snow in the mountains and there is a ski-season.  Granted she's from Southern California which has a much warmer climate in general.  She is constantly traveling though, surely she has been to Norther CA and the mountains.  Someone who travels that much should be aware of various climates, so stupid imo.

Edited by 0 kids n not countin
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, 0 kids n not countin said:

It can get cold in California depending on location, California is a state of Micro-climates.  It does snow in the mountains and there is a ski-season.  Granted she's from Southern California which has a much warmer climate in general.  She is constantly traveling though, surely she has been to Norther CA and the mountains.  Someone who travels that much should be aware of various climates, so stupid imo.

And then there is August in San Francisco. A friend of mine took a trip there in August and ended up buying  a fleece hoody from a street vendor.

• Upvote 6

3 minutes ago, FiveAcres said:

And then there is August in San Francisco. A friend of mine took a trip there in August and ended up buying  a fleece hoody from a street vendor.

Yup, as the saying goes, the coldest winter is a summer in San Francisco or something like that.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

I have only been to San Francisco once in my life. It was back in 1995 on a teen tour. I remember San Francisco having cool weather. After experiencing the 3rd heat wave of the summer in New Jersey I would love a cool San Francisco summer. 

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Jana814 said:

I have only been to San Francisco once in my life. It was back in 1995 on a teen tour. I remember San Francisco having cool weather. After experiencing the 3rd heat wave of the summer in New Jersey I would love a cool San Francisco summer. 

It's been warmer than normal this summer. We didn't even have May Gray or June Gloom.

• Upvote 2

The dreaded packing video. The takeaway from this one is that Tiffany overthinks and overpacks. I can relate, as I overthink, too, and I definitely overpack. But I spent the entire video shaking my head and saying, "You're not going to use nine-tenths of this stuff."

First, Lawson does the week's commercial, for a meal delivery service. I'll give him credit, he's good at presenting these products. 

Tiffany packs the baby's bag. She shows us the drawers in the nursery, which are all neatly organized. They are total first-time parents, fussing over every item. They spend a lot of time discussing baby's going-home outfit. Lawson keeps pulling out outfits which Tiffany says are too big for a newborn. She also rejects a couple because they won't show "his little feet." In the end, they pack six possible going-home outfits, three swaddles, and three hats, along with a lot of other stuff. One of the items they pack is baby's name plate (for photos), which Tiffany turns away from the camera. I'm betting they'll want a completely different outfit when the time comes. Calling it now, one of the gazillion relatives who will no doubt descend on them will have to make a run. 

Tiffany then packs her bag. She's got everything from her own hospital gown to hair-care products to a nursing pillow to two phone cases (her regular case and one which has a suction cup on the back). She's been watching videos and taking advice from nurses on what to pack. Never having given birth, I can't weigh in on the necessity for most of this stuff. Personally, I would include an iPad for amusement purposes, but I suppose she'll have too many visitors to have time to play games or read books. I'm convinced they've  forgotten some small but critical item. 

Finally, Lawson packs his bag. This is less of a production than the first two, but he still packs two different dress shirts for photos, since he wants to coordinate with the baby.  

Tiffany is partially dilated, by the way. The doctor thinks she could go at any time. They are both obviously very nervous. 

They end by attempting to put the car seat in the car. They've already got the base installed, thank goodness. Lawson gets the seat into the base but can't get it out again. He asks Tiffany, who has no idea how to get it out. Video ends there. 

• Thank You 12

9 hours ago, postscript said:

I'm convinced they've  forgotten some small but critical item. ...

Tiffany is partially dilated, by the way. The doctor thinks she could go at any time. They are both obviously very nervous. 

They end by attempting to put the car seat in the car. They've already got the base installed, thank goodness. Lawson gets the seat into the base but can't get it out again. He asks Tiffany, who has no idea how to get it out. Video ends there. 

I'm so tired of "helpless female" Tiffany not knowing how to do anything.  I predict that the critical item they've forgotten is chargers of the phones. : )

• Upvote 8
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 2

I packed our hospital bags pretty last minute. I went in for my 38 week check up and got told to go to the hospital later for an induction due to high blood pressure concerns. I left the doctor, went home, (hugged my cat and cried), and packed the bags. One going home outfit, one hat, a blanket and name card, and a pair of sweats, tshirt, and sweatshirt for me to leave the hospital. No make up, just toothbrush, hair scrunchie, face wash, and my contacts + solution. Due to a failed induction, I was in the hospital for 3 nights before the baby was even born, and then 2 nights after that. At no point did I feel like I hadn't packed enough!

My husband did need to run home to get some more clothes, but I feel like that's more understandable lol.

• Upvote 3

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I'm so tired of "helpless female" Tiffany not knowing how to do anything.  I predict that the critical item they've forgotten is chargers of the phones. : )

What is the item most frequently left behind in hospital rooms?  

Yep, you know.

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

On 7/10/2024 at 8:40 AM, GuineaPigCourtship said:

I suspect with no proof that it's easier to recover from a csection that isn't emergent because the doctor has more time to take care with their cuts.  I had an excellent recovery from mine - failure to progress rather than any distress - and the doctor used it as a teaching opportunity for a resident with my permission.  Some of that is probably luck, but my manager's baby's heart stopped during labor when they were already prepping her for a csection and they had the baby out of her in less than 50 seconds.  I can't believe they can be as careful with tissue handling in those circumstances, nor would I expect them to be.  Both she and the baby were ultimately fine, although she said the recovery was harder than her prior vaginal birth.

I had a c-section without previous laboring (it was a step below emergency, the term they used is escaping me now) and the recovery sucked. Way worse than my vaginal deliveries. But I also had to travel back and forth an hour each way to the NICU every day for 3 weeks which probably didn’t help. But I bounced back fast after labour and my first labor was rough (was almost an emergency c-section) and I had severe tearing it and ai still found it easier on the body. But the drugs were better with the c-section. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

They forgot to edit the baby name out. 

William Bates

Spoiler

696A8F11-B364-420C-805A-36C1FA5E084C_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.704383cf52d5605aea35f385ef0af1fd.jpeg

Edited by Dbm
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 7

On 7/11/2024 at 11:20 AM, GreenBeans said:

From personal anecdotal evidence I can second this! I ended up with an emergency c section after 5 days of unsuccessful induction. I had to stay in hospital for 4 or 5 days and it took 5 weeks for me to sort of recover. Compare that to the woman in the bed next to mine who had a good night of sleep and a nice shower at home, then went in for a scheduled c section at 9am, had a baby in her arms half an hour later and was out of hospital the next day… 

I know everyone and every birth is different, but if I had to do it all over again (I don’t, thankfully!) I would absolutely go for a scheduled c section!

I hope fundie women talk openly about the reality of giving birth amongst themselves so that Tiffany has an idea about what to prepare for.

I had a scheduled C Section for #1 then VBAC for #2. The C Section was awful to recover from. It’s major surgery. 8 weeks minimum recovery plus scar for life. If natural birth is possible it’s the way to go. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 2

5 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Tiffany did say she was packing a charger, but who knows. They will definitely forget at least one basic item. They will also have a raft of relatives plus Lawson available to make runs for anything they forget. 

im also sick of Tiffany playing the silly young wife card. She blames a lot of things on “mom brain.” I actually find her far more capable than Lawson, but that’s a low bar. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

Wow, they appear to have enough clothes for three or four babies.  I guess any he doesn't wear will get another chance to be worn before William is very old.   

• Upvote 4

On 7/19/2024 at 9:06 AM, HereticHick said:

Their brains. They're always forgetting their brains.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 12

We had enough close for probably 5 babies with all the stuff my mil sent.  My daughter definitely didn't wear most of it - impossible since I wasn't going to change her outfit multiple times a day unless I had to.

I kind of feel sorry for Lawson & Tiffany at this point - they want to drum up enthusiasm but they're just SO BAD at youtube videos they keep letting every secret out early because they can't edit well.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

We had enough close for probably 5 babies with all the stuff my mil sent.  My daughter definitely didn't wear most of it - impossible since I wasn't going to change her outfit multiple times a day unless I had to.

I kind of feel sorry for Lawson & Tiffany at this point - they want to drum up enthusiasm but they're just SO BAD at youtube videos they keep letting every secret out early because they can't edit well.

Because they're fucking idiots! But seriously, I think it's because they both think of themselves as The Star, and there's no director.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

New video in the “idiots explore America” series. They must be burning off old footage to catch up before baby comes. They are back on the second anniversary trip, this time mostly in Idaho. More stunning scenery marred by Lawson shoving his face in front of the camera and making stupid comments. He is an irritating narrator. More Tiffany inappropriately dressed, complaining about the baby kicking. 

• they show us several waterfalls. Lawson climbs partway down cliffs to get photos. Tiffany wonders if the daredevil instinct is a Bates boy thing or a Lawson thing. 
  • They visit the remains of a Japanese detention camp. Lawson takes the opportunity to deliver a diatribe on government taking away individual rights, citing some questionable examples. 
  • They visit the Window Arch. Lawson hangs from it and then stands on top and takes selfies.
  • Tiffany tells us the weather is good, other than at the Window Arch, where she’s wrapped in a blanket. She likes this area better than the Grand Tetons because of the weather. However, she complains about not wearing hiking shoes. She has a cute wardrobe, but does she never dress appropriately for the activity? 
  • they watch a snake going in and out of holes searching for small rodents. 
  • they view bison and antelope. Lawson pretends he’s likely to be attacked by a bison which is a long way off and barely aware of his presence,
  • They video an owl in a tree giving them the stink eye. Tiffany speculates that it’s a mother owl protecting its chicks. 
  • they pass a herd of cows, including calves. Tiffany moos at them and they move away. 
  • they see the Northern Lights and get what they describe as raw, unedited footage, unfortunately spoiled by Lawson standing in front of it.
  • Tiffany tells us they are shooting additional footage for Lawson’s upcoming music videos.

I’ve probably missed something, but it was a long, dull travelogue. Like viewing someone’s vacation photos, except the star of these is always Lawson. 

In the comments, they say they are going to reveal baby’s name on Thursday. A couple of people point out they’ve sort of revealed it already. 

• Haha 7
  • Thank You 4

44 minutes ago, postscript said:

New video in the “idiots explore America” series. They must be burning off old footage to catch up before baby comes. They are back on the second anniversary trip, this time mostly in Idaho. More stunning scenery marred by Lawson shoving his face in front of the camera and making stupid comments. He is an irritating narrator. More Tiffany inappropriately dressed, complaining about the baby kicking. 

• They visit the Window Arch. Lawson hangs from it and then stands on top and takes selfies.

I see they were at Arches National Park in Utah. He was violating NPS regulations. What an asshole. Those arches belong to all Americans, and are irreplaceable.

I'm going to talk to some of my friends  at National Park Service HQ. If any FJ folks know Park Service employees in Utah, please share the Lawson footage with them and point out the following regulation. 

"Walking on Arches

Climbing, scrambling, walking or standing upon, or rappelling off any named or unnamed arch with an opening greater than three feet is prohibited in the park."

https://www.nps.gov/arch/planyourvisit/regulations.htm

Edited by HereticHick
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 5